PDA

View Full Version : Your Diet and Meals

Óttar
05-27-2010, 11:36 PM
What do you typically eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? How many meals do you usually eat per day? I am interested in all contributions generally, but those of the weight lifters in particular.

As for me, I usually eat bacon and eggs with fruit juice until I receive my blender then I will drink shakes of milk, oats, peanut better, protein and fruits.

I drink water and milk, the latter for calories, throughout the day as I am a hard-gainer with lightning fast metabolism and feel kind of gross (acid, nausea) if I eat more than a small meal.

I snack on Triscuits and hummus and then my dinner is a pile of chicken with either a potato/rice and a salad.

anonymaus
05-27-2010, 11:55 PM
Breakfast: When I have it, it's usually something like this: (nutritional info (http://mml-atkins.4worx.com/4a/91/8c/17/CANADA%20RTD-Choc.jpg)) http://mml-atkins.4worx.com/0d/2f/9f/be/cauk_shocshake.png

Lunch: Meatball/Pizza sub a couple of days per week because it's easy and quick; Flax-based pita, low sugar tomato sauce, meatballs, pepperoni, olives, cheese.

Dinner: Steak, tacos, half of a chicken, chicken caesar salad, carb-protected pasta etc.

I then usually eat chicken wings or an Atkins bar later on; sometimes I make sugar-free cream cheese peanut butter rolls and stuff an Atkins bar in the middle of it. I have pretty extreme calorie requirements so 600-1K cal snacks are not uncommon.

All in all, I eat a lot of food and I don't really enjoy any of it.

Óttar
05-28-2010, 12:30 AM
I have pretty extreme calorie requirements so 600-1K cal snacks are not uncommon.

For what?

anonymaus
05-28-2010, 12:50 AM
For what?

For my metabolism. I don't do cardio so exercise has a minimal impact on my dietary requirements; since I'm in ketosis my liver replaces the muscle glycogen without need for "extra" food, just the normal protein intake.

Jägerstaffel
05-28-2010, 01:10 AM
I usually have a piece of fruit for breakfast and fish or some other type of seafood for dinner. Lunches vary.

Tabiti
05-28-2010, 06:40 AM
Breakfast - fruits and/or milk. Recently I'm on sesame seed milk because the oils, calcium and iron. Today I've added some flax seeds in it. Sometimes it's just full fat cow's milk or kefir.
Lunch - mixed raw vegetables salad with sprouts, some oils like avocado or extra virgin olive oil, some seeds. Or vegetable soup, usually in the colder moths.
Dinner - the same salad + legumes/grains/eggs or dairy.

Between main dishes I have fruits and seeds. I tend to eat as many raw, seasonal foods as possible. I know the quantity isn't big, however I'm used with that regime since years. And I think I eat even more than the ordinary female on "the eternal diet".

Psychonaut
05-28-2010, 06:58 AM
My diet is on a rotating schedule. I'll do two months of gaining, where my caloric intake is on the high end, and then one month of cutting, where my diet consists mainly of protein and vegetables. I generally eat five or six "meals" a day, with at least one meal consisting of a protein shake. I eat large quantities of lean beef, pork, chicken and tuna, lots of vegatables like broccoli, asparagus, carrots, spinach, etc., and—when it's a gain month—complex carbohydrates like wheat and oats.

Absinthe
05-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Okay, since I started watching my weight, my dieting schedule goes something like this:

Breakfast:

A low-fat yogurt with fresh fruit (usually strawberries) and muesli. Coffee with 1 cube of brown sugar and low-fat milk.

Lunch:

One big salad that usually contains lettuce, cherry tomatoes, canned tuna fish, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Occasionally it might also include red peppers, carrot, hard-boiled eggs, boiled zucchini, cucumber, etc.

In the afternoon:

if I have time, I may eat something like sugar-free crackers with low-fat cheese and ham.
Or fresh fruit.

Dinner:

If I am at home it would be something like fresh vegetables or fruit.
If outside, lean meat with salad on the side.

And throughout this whole period I am making a huge effort to reduce alcohol intake.

Vulpix
05-28-2010, 08:04 AM
Breakfast: brownies or yoghurt with milk
1 Red Bull and likely snacks in the morning
Lunch: meat or seafood, sometimes a sandwich, caek

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4839&stc=1&d=1275050716

Afternoon: cookies and more milk
Dinner: salad, meat or fish, ice-cream or yoghurt
Night: cookies and more milk :D

Fortis in Arduis
05-28-2010, 08:10 AM
Recently:

Moving house has become stressful and time-consuming, so I have been eating vegetable soup cold from the tin. This is just a temporary measure, but I can see it continuing until the new flat (or at least the kitchen) has been decorated.

I have been starting the day with a full carton of grapefruit juice, and I have the occasional restaurant meal.

Usually I would eat khichari, which is cooked mung beans and basmati rice, ghee, spices and perhaps some vegetables, drink lassi, which is diluted yoghurt with either sugar or salt depending on whether I am feeling overheated (sugar) or anxious (salt). I try to keep some khichari for breakfast the next morning. I drink water with lemon juice in the morning, sometimes with the natural sweetener stevia.

If I am whizzing around town away from home then I might stop at the English equivalent of an American diner and have cheese omelette and chips which lasts me for six hours, and/or maybe order an Indian takeaway in the evening, usually just a biryani.

Really, I need to eat a little bit every two hours, and drink water in between.

If I do not routinise my day then I become quite disorganised.

Tabiti
05-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Really, I need to eat a little bit every two hours, and drink water in between.
Yes, a "negative" effect of all similar regimes. I'm the same, that's why I'm drinking lots of tea - green, white, pu-ehr, rooibos or just ordinary fruit or herbal teas. It sucks when you're outside and suddenly need to eat something. You should search for fresh fruits. I often carry candies for such cases. Yes, they are with white sugar and glucose, but it doesn't have any negative effects if you move much and don't eat other things containing similar substances. For sweeter I use Stevia, honey and molasses, but usually don't need much sweetness.

Óttar
05-28-2010, 04:07 PM
I generally eat five or six "meals" a day, with at least one meal consisting of a protein shake. I eat large quantities of lean beef, pork, chicken and tuna, lots of vegatables like broccoli, asparagus, carrots, spinach, etc., and—when it's a gain month—complex carbohydrates like wheat and oats.

I know bodybuilders do this, and they recommend preparing all the meals of the entire week beforehand and then storing them. Does your wife usually prepare the food? Do you eat the meats mixed or different ones on different days? I don't understand where people get the time, or the stomach size to eat all that food. :)

Pallantides
05-28-2010, 04:44 PM
http://www.cybersnacks.net/media/i_sweet-beef-jerky.jpg
http://kimberlysnyder.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/salad1.jpg
http://www.freshplaza.com/2007/0416/blueberries.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pMW5obBcjLc/StgKeqP6jmI/AAAAAAAABlA/tBwwACZhXiQ/s400/penis+sushi.jpg
http://www.maxmat.no/sites/m/maxmat.no/files/1084157800.JPG?resize=270x270
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LWXfO_9CJtc/Sy6d3XWlKNI/AAAAAAAAFqg/Rq68BXcwQww/s400/Reindeer+Steak.jpg

Actually I don't have specific diet I just eat what I like.

Psychonaut
05-28-2010, 05:54 PM
I know bodybuilders do this, and they recommend preparing all the meals of the entire week beforehand and then storing them. Does your wife usually prepare the food? Do you eat the meats mixed or different ones on different days? I don't understand where people get the time, or the stomach size to eat all that food. :)

Actually, because of my crazy schedule right now, I end up purchasing most of my food and just eating very simple meals at work. For instance, I eat these quite regularly:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51dKQ59vS3L._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

I'll usually have several different sources of protein each day. Eggs always accounts for one meal, whey shake for another, tuna is generally every other day, as is they rest. As for the appetite, I'm not sure what kinds of lifting you've been doing now, but once you start centering each lifting session around a heavy, compound exercise (squats, bench presses, deadlifts, military presses, etc.), I think you'll notice that you're much more hungry throughout the day.

Fortis in Arduis
05-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Actually I don't have specific diet I just eat what I like.

Exactly what attracts you to food arrangements such as these:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pMW5obBcjLc/StgKeqP6jmI/AAAAAAAABlA/tBwwACZhXiQ/s400/penis+sushi.jpg

:pound:

Svanhild
05-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Breakfast:

Jam sandwich or honey sandwich with hot chocolade. If I have more time to spend, like on weekends or vacations, I eat boiled eggs and toasts.

Lunch:

Something warm and saturating. Typical German main meals with meat, potatoes and some vegetables. Sometimes pastries.

Dinner:

It depends. Sometimes warm, sometimes cold. From a simple sausage sandwich with butter to pasta or pizza, it entirely depends on my hunger and individual taste of the day.

When I look back to my days as a former vegetarian I've to observe the fact that my diet has changed to the opposite. :wink I eat meat 4 up to 6 days a week. It gives you a lot more variety in meals and dishes.

Cail
05-29-2010, 02:12 PM
1.Breakfast - diet cereals with milk.

2-7. 6 meals of about 300-400 kcal and 30 grams of protein each, with a 2-3 hours interval. Can be anything (250g quark cheese, or a liter of milk, or several eggs, or a chicken fillet, or meat with veggies et cetera..). One of them will include complex carbs (like rice or buckwheat).

8.Supper - protein shake.

9.Sometimes i also wake in the night because of hunger, in that case i drink milk.

Grumpy Cat
05-30-2010, 12:26 AM
Breakfast: Usually some fruit and a cup of coffee.

At work I usually take a break around 10 and have some fruit.

Lunch: A salad.

At work again I take a break around 3 and have some fruit

Supper: Meat, potatoes, and vegetables

Foxy
06-16-2010, 11:48 AM
my typical day:

breakfast (8:00 o'clock) - a cup of white yogurt, sometimes with fresh fruit
lunch (12:30 ) - 40 gr. pasta with a teaspoom of oil, pepper and lemon;
white meat or fish or cooked ham, a bowl of salad
snake (sometimes) - a glass of juice or fruit or crackers
dinner (20:30) - a dish with meat or fish + vegetables or boiled potatos
fruit

PLUS : 2 lessons per week of karate, in summer some beach volley matches too (total 4 hours of sport activities)

Results:
tallness -> 171 cm
weight - 52 Kg

RenaRyuguu
10-14-2021, 11:25 PM
In the morning I drink a smoothie with no dairy and then for lunch I eat like a salad and then for dinner I have like a banana. and then I need to start swimming again here cuz I swam back home right like diving and then I can keep up my thinner figure now cuz I worked hard for it. It's hard to keep 57 kg

Ellethwyn
12-18-2021, 04:11 AM
Breakfast is black coffee.

Lunch is usually a banana/medjool date/strawberry/hemp heart smoothie with almond milk, or hummus with crackers, olives, and veggies.

Afternoon snack is usually a handful of cashews or almonds.

Dinner is usually something delicious, nutritious, and comforting. Pasta with chicken sausage and veggies, burritos, pad thai, fried rice, balsamic chicken, sweet potatoes, and spinach, soup, veggie burgers, teriyaki...

Late night snack is homemade muesli.

Ayetooey
12-18-2021, 04:18 AM
BREAKFAST: I don't eat it, it's too early and I don't like waking up

LUNCH: 2 cookies (250 calories each) and 2 slices of pizza (200 calories each) = total of 900 calories

DINNER: Pretty much the same as lunch, but I often have extra food. Probably about 1300 calories

I also drink vodka fairly often, I drink about 300 oz (9 liters) of diet soda every day.

I mostly feel pretty good, but my legs hurt sometimes, I'm often tired, and my stomach is frequently irritated and I am often constipated, and often feel like I have poop inside me that won't come out.

Rædwald
12-18-2021, 04:27 AM
16-hour fast, 8-hour eating window. Meat typically includes moose, hare, pheasant, chicken, pork, and fish. Veggies are Potatoes, corn, tomatoes, turnips, carrots, onions, peppers, brussel sprouts, broccoli, and so on. Mostly root vegetables as they are cheaper and tend to store longer. I eat limited grains, homemade bread, oats, and so on.