PDA

View Full Version : Move over Galileo! Saudi cleric says Earth doesn’t revolve around sun

Loki
02-19-2015, 04:03 PM
Move over Galileo! Saudi cleric says Earth doesn’t revolve around sun (http://rt.com/news/233063-saudi-cleric-earth-sun/)

http://cdn.rt.com/files/news/38/e6/70/00/27.si.jpg

A Saudi cleric has appeared in a video rejecting that Earth revolves around the sun, claiming instead that it is “stationary.” His statements have incited a fiery response on social media.

When questioned by a student about whether the Earth was stationary or moving, Sheikh Bandar al-Khaibari responded with “stationary and does not move,” Saudi-owned broadcaster Al-Arabia reported.

He then attempted to support his theory with a strange blend of logic and clerical statements.

“First of all, where are we now? We’re going to Sharjah Airport to travel to China by plane, [is that] clear? Focus with me, this is the Earth,” he said while holding up a sealed water cup.

He proceeded to say that if the plane stopped dead in its tracks in mid-air, “China would be coming towards it in case the Earth rotates in one direction. If the Earth rotates in the opposite direction, the plane would never reach China, because China is also rotating,” he said.

The shaky reasoning incited a torrent of responses on Twitter under a hashtag which roughly translates as #cleric_rejects_rotation_of_Earth.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-CtInrCIAABv5Y.jpg

“This is why you don't give khutbah [a public sermon] after smoking up,”Saijaz wrote.

“No surprise women not allowed 2 drive w cretins like this,” one user commented, referencing the ultra-conservative absolute monarchy’s ban on female drivers.

“Did somebody tell that guy that there are people literally live in space?” another wrote.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9_Zxa6IEAA1-Ai.jpg:large

Others thought the blunder was a good opportunity to educate the public on issues of science.

Ianus
02-19-2015, 04:36 PM
This is what happens when you read only a book in your life.

alfieb
02-19-2015, 04:37 PM
This guy's got way too much SSA to be a real Arab.

Anyway, we all know the world revolves around Pirlo, so I don't see the point of debate.

Loki
02-19-2015, 06:36 PM
This guy's got way too much SSA to be a real Arab.

He reminds me a bit of Nabatea1 :p

alfieb
02-19-2015, 06:37 PM
Really? I think he's more SSA than Nabatea/Alberta/Circassianwine.

Loki
02-19-2015, 06:42 PM
Really? I think he's more SSA than Nabatea/Alberta/Circassianwine.

Yes, it seems so. But Nabatea himself is not particulary fair either.

StonyArabia
02-19-2015, 07:03 PM
Yes, it seems so. But Nabatea himself is not particulary fair either.

I am brown but reddish brown. This guy is Arabid-Atheopid, well I am Asian Alpine-Arabid, it's the Arabid base that makes us similar. I do have some ssa mostly coming from my maternal line 3% East African found in all Afro Asiatic people, but I have less affinity to Africa compared to other Arabs due to my Kavkaz admixture. On gedmatch I cluster between North Caucasians and Yemenites. Despite my mom coming from the Syrian Desert tribes she clusters in Arabia almost in the south in area called Rab Al Khali, but this natural for people of Bedouin background. Personally I relate more to the dark skinned Soctroans than to other ME's, and the people of Arabia.

My sister is quite pale and looks Med with slight Arabid strain. My brother looks Eastmed and quite tall probably coming from the Kavakz side. I took more form my mom. That said the best place I fit in is the Arabia. I think my look is not foynd else where with the exception of the Syrian Desert. There are people in southern Iraq who are very dark but have an Arabian morphology.

caviezel
02-19-2015, 07:08 PM
that guy is right, if you jump the earth doesn't move under your feet.

Ballist
02-19-2015, 07:17 PM
LOL Hilarious, tell me the surah where it says this.

Ctwentysevenj
02-19-2015, 08:13 PM
What do you expect from an ignorant backward peasant goat fucker. No wonder these Islamic countries have virtually zero industries or scientific research programs. These goat fuckers go on about how the West is so Perverse, but these peasants rely on European technology and know how.

Ctwentysevenj
02-19-2015, 08:16 PM

All to do with gravity

Ctwentysevenj
02-20-2015, 07:33 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-CtInrCIAABv5Y.jpg

https://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/youre-fucking-retarded2.jpg

Ctwentysevenj
02-20-2015, 11:30 AM
I bet if you disagree, had proved him wrong by correct scientific data and evidence, you probably get 1,000 lashes as this data is not in the Koran, therefore you are against Allah.

Breedingvariety
02-20-2015, 12:17 PM
Nobody can feel the earth moving- the earth is stationary.

Drakoblare
02-20-2015, 12:19 PM
KLAUS WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!

Vasconcelos
02-20-2015, 03:09 PM
All to do with gravity

Actually it's inertia, gravity just pulls you down.

King Solomon
02-20-2015, 03:26 PM
What do you expect from an ignorant backward peasant goat fucker. No wonder these Islamic countries have virtually zero industries or scientific research programs. These goat fuckers go on about how the West is so Perverse, but these peasants rely on European technology and know how.

Why the fuck are you gettin aggressive for? You fûckîng White camel toe the region you call backward invented algebra, among many other achievements. The guy making a theory doesn't represebt every fucking muslim you pisshead that's his own fucking opinion. If that was a white person woukd everyone say oh tell me wgere it came from the bible?

King Solomon
02-20-2015, 03:27 PM
I bet if you disagree, had proved him wrong by correct scientific data and evidence, you probably get 1,000 lashes as this data is not in the Koran, therefore you are against Allah.
Your so pathetic, hiding behind a screen where no one can see you, go run to mommy keyboard warrior. Speak like that to Muslims in real life. I dare you. Warrior.lol.

Insuperable
02-20-2015, 03:35 PM

Hahaha. According to this guy a man travelling in a train would hit the back of a vagon if he jumps in a train.

Ctwentysevenj
02-20-2015, 08:27 PM
Why the fuck are you gettin aggressive for? You fûckîng White camel toe the region you call backward invented algebra, among many other achievements. The guy making a theory doesn't represebt every fucking muslim you pisshead that's his own fucking opinion. If that was a white person woukd everyone say oh tell me wgere it came from the bible?

Listen turd features, I have contempt for pure ignorance. Don't you worry, many in those countries believe in that crap.

King Solomon
02-21-2015, 11:19 AM
Listen turd features, I have contempt for pure ignorance. Don't you worry, many in those countries believe in that crap.

Turd features? Looool okay mr skins peels and goes link aftèr five mins in the sun with yellow teeth. I guarantee you I can pull more chicks on top of that more masculine. How Much can you bench press? Be honest

King Solomon
02-21-2015, 11:21 AM

Oh yeah Ofcourse( sarcasm to the max)

Ctwentysevenj
02-21-2015, 11:28 AM
Turd features? Looool okay mr skins peels and goes link aftèr five mins in the sun with yellow teeth. I guarantee you I can pull more chicks on top of that more masculine. How Much can you bench press? Be honest

I tell you only if Allah snackbar can prove that the Sun revolves around the Earth!

Breedingvariety
02-21-2015, 12:16 PM
I tell you only if Allah snackbar can prove that the Sun revolves around the Earth!
Earth is stationary, sun rotates around inside it.

Ctwentysevenj
02-22-2015, 03:51 AM

I think my physics is right, if the Earth was stationary, there be no atmosphere or people on the surface, everything not attached to Earth would be flying off into outer space

From NASA I just found:

What would happen if the Earth stopped spinning?

The probability for such an event is practically zero in the next few billion years. If the Earth stopped spinning suddenly, the atmosphere would still be in motion with the Earth's original 1100 mile per hour rotation speed at the equator. All of the land masses would be scoured clean of anything not attached to bedrock. This means rocks, topsoil, trees, buildings, your pet dog, and so on, would be swept away into the atmosphere.

If the process happened gradually over billions of years, the situation would be very different, and it is this possibility which is the most likely as the constant torquing of the Sun and Moon upon the Earth finally reaches it's conclusion. If the rotation period slowed to 1 rotation every 365 days a condition called 'sun synchronous', every spot in the Earth would have permanent daytime or nighttime all year long. This is similar to the situation on the Moon where for 2 weeks the front-side is illuminated by the Sun, and for 2 weeks the back side is illuminated. This situation for the Earth is not the condition of 'stopped' rotation, but it is as close as the laws of physics will let the Earth get.

If it stopped spinning completely...not even once every 365 days, you would get 1/2 year daylight and 1/2 year nightime. During daytime for 6 months, the surface temperature would depend on your latitude, being far hotter that it is now at the equator than at the poles where the light rays are more slanted and heating efficiency is lower. This long-term temperature gradient would alter the atmospheric wind circulation pattern so that the air would move from the equator to the poles rather than in wind systems parallel to the equator like they are now. The yearly change in the Sun's position in the sky would now be just its seasonal motion up and down the sky towards the south due to the orbit of the Earth and its axial tilt. As you moved along constant lines of Earth latitude, you would see the elevation of the Sun increase or decrease in the sky just as we now see the elevation of the Sun change from a single point on the Earth due to the Earth's daily rotation.

For example, if you were at a latitude of +24 degrees North in the Summer and at a longitude where the Sun was exactly overhead, it would slide gradually to the horizon as Fall approached, but since the Sun has moved 90 degrees in its orbit, it would now be due west. Then as we approach Winter, you would now be located on the dark side of the Earth, and would have to travel in longitude to a location 180 degrees around the Earth to see the Sun 1/2 way up the sky because in the Winter, the Sun is 48 degrees south of its summer location in the sky. It's a little confusing, but if you use a globe of the Earth and orient it the right way, you can see how all this works out.

As for other effects, presumably the magnetic field of the Earth is generated by a dynamo effect that involves its rotation. If the Earth stopped rotating, it's magnetic field would no longer be regenerated and it would decay away to some low, residual value due to the very small component which is 'fossilized' in its iron-rich rocks. There would be no more 'northern lights' and the Van Allen radiation belts would probably vanish, as would our protection from cosmic rays and other high-energy particles. This is a significant biohazard.

Ctwentysevenj
02-22-2015, 03:52 AM

I think my physics is right, if the Earth was stationary, there be no atmosphere or people on the surface, everything not attached to Earth would be flying off into outer space

From NASA I just found:

What would happen if the Earth stopped spinning?

The probability for such an event is practically zero in the next few billion years. If the Earth stopped spinning suddenly, the atmosphere would still be in motion with the Earth's original 1100 mile per hour rotation speed at the equator. All of the land masses would be scoured clean of anything not attached to bedrock. This means rocks, topsoil, trees, buildings, your pet dog, and so on, would be swept away into the atmosphere.

If the process happened gradually over billions of years, the situation would be very different, and it is this possibility which is the most likely as the constant torquing of the Sun and Moon upon the Earth finally reaches it's conclusion. If the rotation period slowed to 1 rotation every 365 days a condition called 'sun synchronous', every spot in the Earth would have permanent daytime or nighttime all year long. This is similar to the situation on the Moon where for 2 weeks the front-side is illuminated by the Sun, and for 2 weeks the back side is illuminated. This situation for the Earth is not the condition of 'stopped' rotation, but it is as close as the laws of physics will let the Earth get.

If it stopped spinning completely...not even once every 365 days, you would get 1/2 year daylight and 1/2 year nightime. During daytime for 6 months, the surface temperature would depend on your latitude, being far hotter that it is now at the equator than at the poles where the light rays are more slanted and heating efficiency is lower. This long-term temperature gradient would alter the atmospheric wind circulation pattern so that the air would move from the equator to the poles rather than in wind systems parallel to the equator like they are now. The yearly change in the Sun's position in the sky would now be just its seasonal motion up and down the sky towards the south due to the orbit of the Earth and its axial tilt. As you moved along constant lines of Earth latitude, you would see the elevation of the Sun increase or decrease in the sky just as we now see the elevation of the Sun change from a single point on the Earth due to the Earth's daily rotation.

For example, if you were at a latitude of +24 degrees North in the Summer and at a longitude where the Sun was exactly overhead, it would slide gradually to the horizon as Fall approached, but since the Sun has moved 90 degrees in its orbit, it would now be due west. Then as we approach Winter, you would now be located on the dark side of the Earth, and would have to travel in longitude to a location 180 degrees around the Earth to see the Sun 1/2 way up the sky because in the Winter, the Sun is 48 degrees south of its summer location in the sky. It's a little confusing, but if you use a globe of the Earth and orient it the right way, you can see how all this works out.

As for other effects, presumably the magnetic field of the Earth is generated by a dynamo effect that involves its rotation. If the Earth stopped rotating, it's magnetic field would no longer be regenerated and it would decay away to some low, residual value due to the very small component which is 'fossilized' in its iron-rich rocks. There would be no more 'northern lights' and the Van Allen radiation belts would probably vanish, as would our protection from cosmic rays and other high-energy particles. This is a significant biohazard.

Breedingvariety
02-22-2015, 03:55 AM
Dude, dont quote the lying NASA.

The horison destroys your global fantasy.

You cant answer that.

Ctwentysevenj
02-22-2015, 04:00 AM
Dude, dont quote the lying NASA.

The horison destroys your global fantasy.

You cant answer that.

I think I can go by a document by NASA one of the leading scientific and engineering leaders in the world with many outstanding scientist and engineers. Well they are a billion times more credible than than Moslem cleric!

Breedingvariety
02-22-2015, 04:06 AM
I think I can go by a document by NASA one of the leading scientific and engineering leaders in the world with many outstanding scientist and engineers. Well they are a billion times more credible than than Moslem cleric!
I know, you could go by reterded computer voice of Richard Dawkins. You will believe anything.