PDA

View Full Version : Ethiopia Celebrates 40th Anniversary Against Dictatorship

Excel
02-20-2015, 03:37 AM
Looking towards the future

Somali's played an important role in helping Ethiopians against their struggle in bringing down the Marxist dictatorship. It pleases me that the president of Somalia attended this historic event so that Somali's and Ethiopians could begin to put their misgivings aside and look towards building the future; a more stable and peaceful Horn of Africa. It’s important that both leaderships begin to communicate so that spoilers do not have the opportunity to plant distrust between these two peoples. From 2013 till present the government of Ethiopia has done well in supporting the government of Somalia which has totally disproved the conspiracy theory that Ethiopia was set on destabilizing Somalia. I hope that Ethiopians can understand that Somalia has had a difficult period where it was at war with itself for almost thirty years. This situation has confused Ethiopians at times in supporting Somali warlords against other rival Somalis; at large it has also confused the international community as a whole in struggling to decide which Somali faction to back and would it be feasible. Through hard work Somalia now has a relatively strong government and leadership and the Somali people are represented and Somalia can now re-join the community of nations.
I would like to congratulate Ethiopia on its 40th anniversary and I hope that we could put our differences aside and look towards building a better Horn of Africa and trading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF0fyg1H80g

Wadaad
02-20-2015, 03:50 AM
^^ the Derg fell in 1987, Mengistu fell in 1991...idk where you're bringing this 40th anniversary stuff. You mean Selassie? That was also a dictatorship (and a feudal, racist one at that)...and the subsequent govts of Zenawi and the Bantu dude also dictatorial.

Ethiopia has no economic prospects except getting aid from America to police you guys in the south...That is their gold mine, so they will never contribute to stability of the Somali republic. The day you stabilize, is the day Ethiopia no longer receives military aid from USA

Somaliland will get recognized though...and is de facto recognized and dealt with as an equal partner by Ethiopia.

Longbowman
02-20-2015, 04:05 AM
I hope Somaliland gets international recognition someday.

Excel
02-20-2015, 06:06 PM
Since 2013 we have worked hard to re-open more than 90 embassies in Somalia. We were one of the early founders of the African Union and have full membership. We also have full membership within the United Nations since 1960. We have membership within the Arab league (1973). We were the ones who established IGAD.
So Wadaad, the point that you are missing is that Somalia (Somaliland included) is a sovereign state; a long established sovereign state. We have our challenges but we are working on that with the support of the international community.
And now we are working towards re-building our relationship with Ethiopia, whom is a neighbour that we share a 6, 000 km border and could be a vital trading partner.
My mate got promoted this week, God willing this government looks set to get stronger, we don’t have any serious challenges is just a clean-up operation from here on .
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii85/hutu101/RIMG0081_zpswml2tn4i.jpg