PDA

View Full Version : What Is Gonial Inversion?

Truth Seeker
05-29-2010, 06:48 PM
I read Black people have inverted gonials. Are extroverted gonials ones that stick outward?

mvbeleg
05-29-2010, 07:25 PM
In modern forensics, the terms inverted, neutral, and everted are used to describe the positive angular measure, zero angular measure, or negative angular measure, respectively, that the gonion-ramus contour makes with vertical plane. [Positive direction is counterclockwise, while negative direction is clockwise.]

Inverted gonials are synonymous with compressed gonials, while everted gonials are synonymous with flaring gonials.

Agrippa
05-29-2010, 08:36 PM
In Europids more masculine variants show those peaks at the gonials, in typical Negrids, regardless of how robust or masculine, they dont show up, but you can prove the additional robustness if looking at the lower jawbone because it thickened inside.

Its actually the exact opposite of the Europid pattern, though I'm not sure if the inversion is only present in Negrids and the eversion in Europids.

Extreme comparison of male/robust vs. female/gracile, look at the gonials:
http://dfs.gov.in/Manuals_close/BiologyManualedit1_files/image010.jpg

In Negrids you can see the robustness and male character if looking at the inside of the jaw...

Unfortunately I can't find a good example at hoc.