PDA

View Full Version : Black sails

alb0zfinest
02-22-2015, 04:28 AM
...............good show. I actually like it even more than game of thrones......

It's just too bad the show was ruined after today's episode.

Ballist
02-22-2015, 04:30 AM
I've never even heard of it. I heard Game of Thrones was as gory as it can get.

alb0zfinest
02-22-2015, 04:34 AM
I've never even heard of it. I heard Game of Thrones was as gory as it can get.

Few people have, sadly. Starz doesn't advertise its shows very well and this show is no exception. I don't even know how to explain the show, all i can tell you is that you won't be disappointed.

Ballist
02-22-2015, 04:35 AM
Few people have, sadly. Starz doesn't advertise its shows very well and this show is no exception. I don't even know how to explain the show, all i can tell you is that you won't be disappointed.

I'll try it out. The reviews look bad, though... But I'll see for myself.

alb0zfinest
02-22-2015, 04:40 AM
I'll try it out. The reviews look bad, though... But I'll see for myself.

It has a 100% on rotten tomatoes, and 8/10 in imdb. Metacritic is not important. Nothing is ever good for metacritic.

Atvend
02-22-2015, 04:41 AM
Never heard about it but I still want to know what happened in today's episode that's so bad.

alb0zfinest
02-22-2015, 04:49 AM
Never heard about it but I still want to know what happened in today's episode that's so bad.

Watch it and you'll find out. The show has like 8-10 episodes or something like that in the first season and 4 episodes so far. It's not that hard to catch up. But yeah I may just stop watching because of what happened.

Furnace
02-22-2015, 04:50 AM
It was ok, but felt like vikings with a different skin overall..

Atvend
02-22-2015, 04:51 AM
Watch it and you'll find out. The show has like 8-10 episodes or something like that in the first season and 4 episodes so far. It's not that hard to catch up. But yeah I may just stop watching because of what happened.

Did they start pushing political agendas or some shit like that?

alb0zfinest
02-22-2015, 05:00 AM
Did they start pushing political agendas or some shit like that?

Yes. One that is far too common in shitty shows these days.

alb0zfinest
02-22-2015, 05:01 AM
It was ok, but felt like vikings with a different skin overall..

Well I watch Vikings as well, and imo its nothing like vikings. Its superior in every way :p.

Atvend
02-22-2015, 05:07 AM
Yes. One that is far too common in shitty shows these days.

Let me guess, they turned someone into an homosexual...Can't even watch TV shows anymore because this happens all the time.

alb0zfinest
02-22-2015, 05:10 AM
Let me guess, they turned someone into a faggot...Can't even watch TV shows anymore because this happens all the time.

Lol, that was too good of a guess to be a guess. But yes. I'm not even a homophobe or anything, but seriously wtff? this is supposedly the big secret he had? this was suppose to be the shocking twist? like wtf. I wouldn't have really cared if one of the lesser important characters is gay, but the show practically revolves around this guy, and now there is this.

Atvend
02-22-2015, 05:28 AM
Lol, that was too good of a guess to be a guess. But yes. I'm not even a homophobe or anything, but seriously wtff? this is supposedly the big secret he had? this was suppose to be the shocking twist? like wtf. I wouldn't have really cared if one of the lesser important characters is gay, but the show practically revolves around this guy, and now there is this.

I know, fucking writers these days love their shock values, they also get to score some "diversity" points in the process.
I stumbled upon this show Tyrant some time ago, nothing impressive but interesting enough. 3 episodes in and the guy's kid already turns gay...I simply walked away that instant.

alb0zfinest
02-22-2015, 02:16 PM
I know, fucking writers these days love their shock values, they also get to score some "diversity" points in the process.
I stumbled upon this show Tyrant some time ago, nothing impressive but interesting enough. 3 episodes in and the guy's kid already turns gay...I simply walked away that instant.

Tyrant was pretty good. But I didn't really care that the guys kid was gay because he really wasn't the central story. The guys father was the central story. In Black sails it would have been like the guys father being gay. Now that's completely different imo. And at least in Tyrant they sort of showed it casually, for the main character in Black sails it was like this big hidden secret, and this secret doesn't make sense at all. It does not explain the way his character is in the slightest which makes this move from the producers even dumber.

Rudel
02-22-2015, 02:25 PM
It's just too bad the show was ruined after today's episode.
That plot twist.

Anyway, Black Sails' fine, but it's just too empty between cliffhangers. That intro music, though.

Hithaeglir
02-22-2015, 02:28 PM
Vikings is best.Haven't watched Black Sails yet :D

Alchemysta
02-22-2015, 02:29 PM
I saw it not bad not special

alb0zfinest
02-22-2015, 02:45 PM
That plot twist.

Anyway, Black Sails' fine, but it's just too empty between cliffhangers. That intro music, though.

What did you think of it?

I don't know about empty. There are multiple story-lines to keep you occupied until the big reveal. But even within the less important storylines there is usually something quite interesting going on. Maybe this season has been a bit slower paced because they used this time to build up to this moment (Flint being what he is).

alb0zfinest
02-22-2015, 02:47 PM
Vikings is best.Haven't watched Black Sails yet :D

You should watch it.

To me Vikings is starting to get too repetitive. Feels like the same old plots and twists for the most part but disguised in a different way.

Aviator
02-22-2015, 06:05 PM
Saw the first season, but I enjoy Vikings significantly more.

Probably won't watch the second season if they're making the protagonist gay.

Rudel
02-22-2015, 06:17 PM
What did you think of it?

I don't know about empty. There are multiple story-lines to keep you occupied until the big reveal. But even within the less important storylines there is usually something quite interesting going on. Maybe this season has been a bit slower paced because they used this time to build up to this moment (Flint being what he is).
Most of the story lines are disposable in my opinion, as the characters leading them are completely uninteresting. The show would do better to keep focused on Flint, Silver and Rackham rather than wasting time with the Guthrie woman, Charles Vane, Anne Bonnie etc.
In short : too much talking and petty drama, not enough pirating.

You should watch it.

To me Vikings is starting to get too repetitive. Feels like the same old plots and twists for the most part but disguised in a different way.
Well, it's the fault of the material really. Can't say much about the vikings beyond raid shit, steal shit, take land. I'm glad the focus will go to France mid-season though.

alb0zfinest
02-23-2015, 01:47 AM
Most of the story lines are disposable in my opinion, as the characters leading them are completely uninteresting. The show would do better to keep focused on Flint, Silver and Rackham rather than wasting time with the Guthrie woman, Charles Vane, Anne Bonnie etc.
In short : too much talking and petty drama, not enough pirating.

Well, it's the fault of the material really. Can't say much about the vikings beyond raid shit, steal shit, take land. I'm glad the focus will go to France mid-season though.

Well for me without drama and just action, the show is not really worth watching. You have plenty of shows (maybe not pirate shows) that have lots of action. But with just lots of action its hard to have any emotional attachment. And if you are just watching for entertainment with no sort of emotional attachment, then the action gets old quick. What makes it actually more intense is a character you may care about, dying. This intensity is only achieved if there is more drama and character development . Also with more action means less character development, which means the show will lack depth.

One more thing to consider: making black sails is quite expensive. The show doesn't get that many viewers which also means it doesn't generate enough revenue to have big budgets like game of thrones or the walking dead. So even if the producers plan more action they might have to restrict themselves because of budget reasons.

Well yea that's true, but that's a problem.

alb0zfinest
03-22-2015, 03:09 AM
The show is good again.

Rudel
03-22-2015, 02:59 PM
The show is good again.
It tends to be good right at the beginning and right at the end.

Illancha
03-22-2015, 03:09 PM
This is one of the greatest intro themes in TV history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMSoo4B2hFU

Manifest Destiny
03-22-2015, 03:17 PM

The show will be renamed "Brokeback Island".

alb0zfinest
03-22-2015, 09:08 PM

While I didn't approve of their decision, he's not really gay but bi-sexual. In any case that was really not delved upon the next episode. It was just sort of like he is gay and that's it. There is so much stuff going on that alot of times you even forget the protagonist is gay.