PDA

View Full Version : Let's meet up:)

HawkR
01-19-2009, 09:15 AM
I've been thinking and after being at a forum-meeting on another forum, I decided I should make this thread.

We need to meet up real-life folks, face to face:) But it's gonna be hard, considering where people live. Any suggestions about when and where?

Psychonaut
01-19-2009, 09:31 AM
I've been thinking and after being at a forum-meeting on another forum, I decided I should make this thread.

We need to meet up real-life folks, face to face:) But it's gonna be hard, considering where people live. Any suggestions about when and where?

I like it. :thumbs up

I hereby issue an open invitation to any and all Apricity members to meet here in Hawaii on the peak of Mt. Ka'ala at dawn on the Spring Equinox. :cool:

HawkR
01-19-2009, 09:42 AM
Haloa?:p

Hawaii sounds fine, but then there's plains etc. that need to be arranged, this can indeed be a though thing to pull trough.

Alison
01-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Nah, what about in sunny South Africa? :)

Loki
01-19-2009, 09:46 AM
London is the centre of the universe :thumbs up

Absinthe
01-19-2009, 09:48 AM
What better vacation place than the greek islands? :D

http://www.almiyachts.com/cruises/small_cruises/pearls/img/cruise_cyclades.gif

Alison
01-19-2009, 09:49 AM
LOL. I can see this getting out of hand.

Psychonaut
01-19-2009, 09:52 AM

There's only one problem with that...isn't Greece full of Greeks? :taped-shut: :D

Absinthe
01-19-2009, 09:55 AM
There's only one problem with that...isn't Greece full of Greeks? :taped-shut: :D
Thankfully, the islands are full of tourists ;):D

HawkR
01-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Why not a trip to my uncles farms in Ofredalen, it's a valley with no internett connection, nor cellphone connetion and untouched nature and no immigrants?:)

Treffie
01-19-2009, 10:00 AM

I've always wanted to have an excuse to visit Santorini!

Pino
01-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Normally I would say lets meet up in a neutral location but that would mean we end up in some third world hell hole!

I'm going over to Auswitchz in March with a few freinds, anybody is more than welcome to come along :thumb001:

Fortis in Arduis
01-19-2009, 11:06 AM
I am always looking for an excuse to go travelling...

I am, in fact, going on holiday to North Korea this September. :eek:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44451000/jpg/_44451877_pyongyang_416_ap.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/27/47938311_f845d94307.jpg

Ulf
01-19-2009, 12:03 PM
You can all come to my house, we can make pancakes and drink whiskey. :thumb001:

lei.talk
01-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by the athéniennehttp://i40.tinypic.com/eqtc9w.jpg (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10537#post10537)

& Psychonaut
There's only one problem with that...isn't Greece full of Greeks? :taped-shut: :Din my dreams (shaped by edith hamilton (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edith_Hamilton))
they all look like this one:

http://i41.tinypic.com/x22mn5.jpg

Absinthe
01-19-2009, 12:06 PM
You save my pictures? :D

Sigurd
01-19-2009, 03:02 PM
At least, the Russians would need Visas and for being "racists" would be denied them. Saves a whole lot of animosity, trust me. Even though Russian Skinheads will save the world, you'd rather want to treat them with caution. :cool:

And Loki, not London is the centre of the universe, Munich and Vienna are. I hail from near a different large Bajuvarian town, but wherever the Bavarii --- there be the centre of the world. :wink

MarcvSS
01-19-2009, 03:17 PM
Come on you guys... Amsterdam is the place to be. Drugs, hookers and wooden shoes...

What else do you need? Besides the beer ofcourse.:p

Stossy
01-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Come on you guys... Amsterdam is the place to be. Drugs, hookers and wooden shoes...

Don't forget the cheese :p.

Ulf
01-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Don't forget the cheese :p.

I freaking LOVE CHEESE. :D

Stossy
01-19-2009, 03:56 PM

Well I eat it, but don't love it. I love beer :).

Aemma
01-19-2009, 03:58 PM
How about my place right now? You can all help me shovel my driveway! :p

:D...Aemma

Aemma
01-19-2009, 04:00 PM

LOL!! And here I was going to post: "Did somebody say 'cheeeeeeese'? YUM!!" and I didn't! Shoulda, coulda woulda...

MarcvSS
01-19-2009, 04:10 PM
I freaking LOVE CHEESE. :DWell Ulf, we all do... In some sort of freaky way.:p

TheGreatest
01-19-2009, 04:14 PM

There are cheaper places to get poontag and beer!
Anywhere in Eastern Europe is very difficult to get a visa to. I think your cheapest place in the European Union would be the Czech Republic or Slovakia. Sure you could go to Romania or Bulgaria, but I wouldn't take the risk given I heard there are a lot of gypsies in those countries. :cool:

Stossy
01-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Czech Republic, 50 eurocent for a 0.5L of beer!
Need to go on vacation there again.

When we were there a few years back it was around 20 eurocent for 0.5L of beer. We were at about 25km from Český Krumlov.

MarcvSS
01-19-2009, 04:18 PM
There are cheaper places to get poontag and beer!
Anywhere in Eastern Europe is very difficult to get a visa to. I think your cheapest place in the European Union would be the Czech Republic or Slovakia. Sure you could go to Romania or Bulgaria, but I wouldn't take the risk given I heard there are a lot of gypsies in those countries. :cool:Sorry I don't do Slavs...

TheGreatest
01-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Sorry I don't do Slavs...

Dude I've been to Amsterdam and don't tell me those women are all Dutch! Just take a whirl to African street by St. Aontio's church :D

Sigurd
01-19-2009, 04:23 PM

And the beer is the reason why Bajuvarian soil is always best for all kinds of meetings. We have the best beer in the world. Some Belgian beer comes close, but nothing surpasses the granduer of Bajuvarian beer. :wink

And other than that it's the place to be. Sanguine entertainment with lots of dancing, Lederhosen and Dirndl whereever you look, and buxom wenches serving you your fourth basic nutritional element, that being the liquid bread. What else do you need? :)

And for the girls? Well, there's always handsome young lads like yours truly who shall balance this patriarchic setting. :D

TheGreatest
01-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Czech Republic, 50 eurocent for a 0.5L of beer!
Need to go on vacation there again.

When we were there a few years back it was around 20 eurocent for 0.5L of beer. We were at about 25km from Český Krumlov.

When I went to the supermarket I discovered that the beer was cheaper than water (both in ML and price).
I went to a local bar in Prague and the house pints were about 7 Krone (this was a house beer. 40 Krone was one USD when I went).
I also saw a large keg at the Tesso for 400 krone :cool:

MarcvSS
01-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Dude I've been to Amsterdam and don't tell me those women are all Dutch! Just take a whirl to African street by St. Aontio's church :DDude... (what a tremendous disrespectfull word) I didn't say all women where Dutch, did I?

Learn to read please...

TheGreatest
01-19-2009, 04:26 PM
And the beer is the reason why Bajuvarian soil is always best for all kinds of meetings. We have the best beer in the world. Some Belgian beer comes close, but nothing surpasses the granduer of Bajuvarian beer. :wink

And other than that it's the place to be. Sanguine entertainment with lots of dancing, Lederhosen and Dirndl whereever you look, and buxom wenches serving you your fourth basic nutritional element, that being the liquid bread. What else do you need? :)

And for the girls? Well, there's always handsome young lads like yours truly who shall balance this patriarchic setting. :D

Yep the beer in Bavaria is really good. The beer was so pure that I didn't even get a hangover after getting smashed. :D

MarcvSS
01-19-2009, 04:28 PM

I think opinions differ a great deal about this NoFo mod...

TheGreatest
01-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Yep the cheese is good in Holland. I bought a couple packages of Old Amsterdam and Pepper Cheeses (I think these are commercial brands. So I'm not sure if this is the correct name).
When I went back to home and tried the local Gouda, it tasted like plastic :(
I occasionally go to the market downtown and get Dutch cheese, because the domestic and imports @ the supermarket don't even come close.

MarcvSS
01-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Yep the cheese is good in Holland. I bought a couple packages of Old Amsterdam and Pepper Cheeses (I think these are commercial brands. So I'm not sure if this is the correct name).
When I went back to home and tried the local Gouda, it tasted like plastic :(
I occasionally go to the market downtown and get Dutch cheese, because the domestic and imports @ the supermarket don't even come close.Edammer is the best Dutch cheese around...

Treffie
01-19-2009, 04:48 PM
And Loki, not London is the centre of the universe, Munich and Vienna are.

Ever heard of the Greenwich Meridian? :D

Heimmacht
01-19-2009, 04:48 PM

I think we have a winning country! :D :whistle:

Atlas
01-19-2009, 04:51 PM
I would suggest London, Loki lives there and a friend of mine is actually there to study English so why not ? I'll be there maybe at spring break.

Pino
01-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Well I'll be in London 7th Febuary for a Blood And Honour gig! Maybe thats a bit short notice for members abroad lol

MarcvSS
01-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Well I'll be in London 7th Febuary for a Blood And Honour gig! Maybe thats a bit short notice for members abroad lolIs that the 7th? Damn...

Vulpix
01-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Mmmh Dutch cheese :yumyum::yumyum::yumyum:...

MarcvSS
01-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Mmmh Dutch cheese :yumyum::yumyum::yumyum:...Want me to send you some?

Vulpix
01-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Let's call it the Apricity cheese tax :D!

Want me to send you some?

Sigurd
01-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Cheese tax? Rather than charging it on the most excellent thing you can do with milk, i.e. making cheese, it (i.e. Cheese Tax) should be charged on chick flicks and other cry-me-a-river movies like Titanic. That'd save us a whole lot of trouble. :rolleyes:

Vulpix
01-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Actually the intended meaning was...

Apricity cheese tax = you give us cheese :swl

Cheese tax? Rather than charging it on the most excellent thing you can do with milk, i.e. making cheese, it (i.e. Cheese Tax) should be charged on chick flicks and other cry-me-a-river movies like Titanic. That'd save us a whole lot of trouble. :rolleyes:

Skandi
01-19-2009, 08:05 PM
only English cheese thoughg because it IS the best :p

Loki
01-19-2009, 08:07 PM

Speaking of which ... I'm eating nice West Country mature cheddar now. :D :thumb001:

Sigurd
01-19-2009, 08:10 PM

I actually agree on that count, here. English Cheese is and remains the world's best. We Germans have the best bread-culture, whilst you Islanders have the best cheese to go with it. Calls for Anglo-German coöperation on these cheesy matters, really. :thumb001:

Apricity cheese tax = you give us cheese

Sure, but you pay for Packaging & Postage. Even though it might be easier for you just to ask Loki to send some cheese along, it doesn't have to pass the intra-Northumbrian border then. :tongue

SouthernBoy
01-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Texas

EDIT: LOL! There are about three people I would actually care to meet though.

Pino
01-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Carn't beat Belgian cheese.

Aemma
01-19-2009, 08:38 PM
EDIT: LOL! There are about three people I would actually care to meet though.

:confused: :(

Brynhild
01-19-2009, 09:03 PM
There's always my humble abode in the Gods' country. No tourists here!

We could conduct a rite, in honour of simply enjoying the company of such charming individuals as ourselves :D, plenty to eat - and not just cheese, but bring on the Jarlsberg! (Wallace and Gromit fans here?) - drink, and having a fine old time!

Always an excuse for passing around a horn of Mead!

Psychonaut
01-19-2009, 09:46 PM
I can't believe what I'm reading...
Dutch cheese? British cheese? Please...
Is cheese is your pleasure, the only place you need go is France. We can all meet up in the gardens of Versailles! :D

Aemma
01-19-2009, 09:53 PM
I can't believe what I'm reading...
Dutch cheese? British cheese? Please...
Is cheese is your pleasure, the only place you need go is France. We can all meet up in the gardens of Versailles! :D

Oooo and a baguette or two and some nice wine! :) But somebody will have to bring me a piece of Applewood Smoked Cheddar from Jolly Old England...'tis my favourite after all. :)

Vargtand
01-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Let's all meet up in Jokkmokk it is nice and central.. :)

HawkR
01-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Let's all meet up in Jokkmokk it is nice and central.. :)

Haham Sweden? Uhm... Yeah, right:p

Here's an easy way to find out where to stay:

State your prices on smoke and beer in dollars!!!:D

TheGreatest
01-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Let's all meet up in Sri Lanka ;) :p

HawkR
01-20-2009, 08:05 AM
Or just Madagaskar:p

Looks like there'll be a problem finding a place...:p

lei.talk
01-20-2009, 12:43 PM
You save my pictures? :D

happily holding a babe - could there be a more ideal image?
http://i39.tinypic.com/adys8w.jpg

HawkR
01-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Not so sure about the happiness of the baby; "Why is this woman smiling whit such a big grin, is she gonna eat me? Isn't she political correct?":p

Absinthe
01-20-2009, 12:51 PM
^ Yeah, the baby doesn't look too pleased, lol :lol:

MarcvSS
01-20-2009, 03:14 PM
^ Yeah, the baby doesn't look too pleased, lol :lol:
Agreed... The whole picture looks horrific...

MarcvSS
01-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Texas

EDIT: LOL! There are about three people I would actually care to meet though.And there are probably hordes of people who don't want to meet you.:p

SouthernBoy
01-20-2009, 03:25 PM
And there are probably hordes of people who don't want to meet you. I bet. ;)

Sigurd
01-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Is cheese is your pleasure, the only place you need go is France.

French cheese is heavily over-rated, with the notable exception of Port Salut. Most other French cheeses are just *blech*.

You'd want English cheese, as well as German and Swiss cheese, as well as Dutch cheese to be seen as the superiors.

If French cheese is the best thing since sliced bread, then the general Germanic countries' tradition of cheese is definitely superior, even to sliced bread ;)

MarcvSS
01-20-2009, 03:35 PM
French cheese is heavily over-rated, with the notable exception of Port Salut. Most other French cheeses are just *blech*.

You'd want English cheese, as well as German and Swiss cheese, as well as Dutch cheese to be seen as the superiors.

If French cheese is the best thing since sliced bread, then the general Germanic countries' tradition of cheese is definitely superior, even to sliced bread ;)German cheese?????? You gotta be kiddin' me...

It's quit obvious why all Germans come and by there cheese in the Netherlands...

Stossy
01-20-2009, 03:47 PM
German cheese?????? You gotta be kiddin' me...

It's quit obvious why all Germans come and by there cheese in the Netherlands...

The Germans get their cheese here, we go there and take their beer :p.

Sigurd
01-20-2009, 05:19 PM
German cheese?????? You gotta be kiddin' me...

May I remind you that Germany isn't just the upper half of it? The lads up there in the plains where your fellow Low Germans dwell can't even brew beer either, so well ... we have to make up for their bad reputation with beer, too, by providing Bajuvarian and Allemannic contributions to the reputation of German beer. :rolleyes:

The lower half of nowadays Germany, as well as Austria, makes excellent cheese. Austrians are for the record also Germans, making it German cheese. Even the Swiss cheese is to an overwhelming majority made by German-speaking Swiss.

"Those Prussians" however don't do it, and instead make up for our economic inability and laissez-faire attitude down South. For cheese and beer, they're indeed hopeless, however - and if I grew up in the north, I would have such a faible for either, I presume.

Either way, whatever you may have seen of Germans --- these Northerners are by no means the end all of Germany. I'm not being pompous thus, I'm being truthful: Come to the Southern German regions, and the first thing you will be greeted with is good beer and good cheese! :thumb001:

Thorum
01-20-2009, 05:24 PM

Excuse my language but KCV, that was fucking hilarious!!! Long live Amsterdam!!!

:clap:

Sol Invictus
01-21-2009, 03:04 AM
Edit: Come to Canada please.

:D

SwordoftheVistula
01-21-2009, 04:18 AM
Edit: Come to Canada please.

:D

Montreal wouldn't be that bad of an idea if we were serious about meeting up.

There's a number of Quebecois here, and there's some others in the northeastern US who could make it to Montreal without too much trouble. Any Europeans coming wouldn't have to worry about the increased 9-11 security and the possibility of being on the American no-fly list.

Aemma
01-21-2009, 05:00 AM
Montreal wouldn't be that bad of an idea if we were serious about meeting up.

There's a number of Quebecois here, and there's some others in the northeastern US who could make it to Montreal without too much trouble. Any Europeans coming wouldn't have to worry about the increased 9-11 security and the possibility of being on the American no-fly list.

Hmmm Montreal, now that would be a hoot! Perfect party town! :D :thumbs up

HawkR
01-21-2009, 06:21 AM
Well, I got relatives in Great Falls/Montana, how far away is that?

SwordoftheVistula
01-21-2009, 08:23 AM
Well, I got relatives in Great Falls/Montana, how far away is that?

Pretty far, on the other side of the country actually. On the plus side, it's on the way there.

Allenson
01-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Hmmm Montreal, now that would be a hoot! Perfect party town! :D :thumbs up

No doubt--I've partied there several times over the years--a couple of bachelor parties included. :lightbul:

Absinthe
01-22-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm basically gonna be in Stockholm 17-24 februari so we can do the mini-meeting with those that are there :)

HawkR
01-22-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm basically gonna be in Stockholm 17-24 februari so we can do the mini-meeting with those that are there :)

A little to early for me(money talking):p

Aemma
01-22-2009, 10:29 PM
No doubt--I've partied there several times over the years--a couple of bachelor parties included. :lightbul:

Looks as though this North American shindig, if it does get off the ground, will indeed be much in the vein of a 'bachelor party', with a couple of old married tag-alongs to chaperone! :eek: :D

Skandi
01-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Looks as though this North American shindig, if it does get off the ground, will indeed be much in the vein of a 'bachelor party', with a couple of old married tag-alongs to chaperone! :eek: :D

How many women are there on here anyway :)

Atlas
01-23-2009, 06:49 PM

Normally, I should go there in March. Damn we won't see each others. :(

Aemma
01-23-2009, 11:05 PM
How many women are there on here anyway :)

Well let's see now.... you, me, Foxie,...................... :D

I would be one of those 'old married tag-alongs' though! :D Somebody's got to play den-mother! :D

Cheers!...Aemma

Brynhild
01-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Well let's see now.... you, me, Foxie,...................... :D
Cheers!...Aemma

And I would be chopped liver? :tongue

Aemma
01-23-2009, 11:17 PM
And I would be chopped liver? :tongue

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Never Bryn!!! I had started out listing quite a few of us, including you, and thought, oh dear Gods, what the heck am I doing?! LOL

You would never be chopped liver, my dear Bryn! :) Sheesh, you're the gal who would likely have us all up singing in a karaoke bar and teach us the true meaning of the word 'party'! :D

:drink:drink1::drink4::guinness::icon_drunk: ........Aemma :tongue

Skandi
01-23-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm quite fond of liver, now if be invite Absinthe as well I would get my black pudding too...

Sigurd
02-01-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm quite fond of liver, now if be invite Absinthe as well I would get my black pudding too...

She be a pudding racist. If she like no white pudding but only black pudding, then that ought to be scrutinised. :D

Sol Invictus
02-01-2009, 08:26 PM
If you come to Canada I promise I'll stay clothed...pretty pwease :D

Vargtand
02-03-2009, 03:06 AM
If you come to Canada I promise I'll stay clothed...pretty pwease :D

If a admin sees this.. I still want that go to hell button :P

Aemma
02-03-2009, 03:09 AM
If a admin sees this.. I still want that go to hell button :P

Too late we all saw it, and we are all now desperately praying to the Gods that Jason will keep his clothes on, for your sake as well as for our own. :D

:coffee: