PDA

View Full Version : The Dinaric?

Truth Seeker
05-31-2010, 02:14 PM
In Coon's book he was talking about the dinarics are a mix race of 2/3 mediterranean + 1/3 alpine. All 3 races are hairy too. But how does the dinaric get taller than the med if the alpine is shorter? I read dinaric is the tallest.

I read a noric is nordic + dinaric admix. Coon is saying its a nordic + alpine admix. How is sub-sordic also nordid altered by alpine admixture too? What is right? What is a dinaric suppose to look like? It always looks different in classifications?

Saruman
05-31-2010, 02:22 PM
I think in formation of Dinarids a more robust Mediterranid element was usually involved, Atlanto-Pontid, as well as Nordid, or even smaller Mediterranid, with influence of Borreby or Alpinid. So with process of dinarisation the results were not perhaps uniform.
To me it seems Norid(c) is a light Dinarid with Nordid base or influence(they were in ancient times before dinarisation rather nordoid?). And it would seem cases of equal Nordid-Dinarid ratio usually fall under "Keltic nordic".

Tabiti
05-31-2010, 02:36 PM
Some claim that the process of "brachicephalization" (among Europeids) goes with bone elongation. Sometimes it's linked with adaption in mountain areas in which "dinarization" usually occurs. Wrong or true I have no idea, just have read it.

Agrippa
05-31-2010, 02:41 PM
Dinarisation is the result of a selective process, an adaptation especially of mountainous herder people. The core areas of the Taurid forms (Dinarid and Armenoid) are always in the mountains (Alps, Carpathian mountains, Caucasus etc.).

Probably there were even more different people which became Dinaricised over time in such a habitat, with their way of life.

The base for all Taurids is, however, a robust leptodolichomorphic type, like Nordoid, Atlanto-Pontid and Iranid. Probably those mixed with Borreby/Cromagno-Alpinoid elements, but in any case, the final product being something specific which can never be explained by a simple mixture without selection.

Also if looking at the prehistoric material, it is evident that a change of some populations took place which would be absolutely impossible without modification AND selection being involved.

Dinarisation is a selective process primarily. Most likely based on a robust Aurignacoid/leptodolichomorphic with Borreby-Alpinoid ingredients. But the final result being not just mixture, but a stable new breed due to selective forces and those before all.

I once compared the distribution of Taurid traits with that of the habitat of the chamois, which is an animal adapted to the mountains, just compare:
http://admin.scirecordbook.org/images/species/Chamois_Western_Common.jpg

http://www.scirecordbook.org/alpine-chamois/

I think the correlation is absolutely evident.

Also why Dinarid and Armenoid are so different in the end, because their habitats being not fully connected.