PDA

View Full Version : Iberians are NOT mostly Gracile Med

Sikeliot
03-03-2015, 01:46 PM
Iberians are NOT gracile. There are a lot of robust Berid types, long-faced Atlanto Meds and so on. Iberians are not gracile as a whole nor would you classify them as Gracile Med so I do not know why people keep spreading this nonsense misinformation.

Drakoblare
03-03-2015, 01:50 PM
The fuck does Gracile even mean?
Sounds like a Greek insult.

Conte Mascetti
03-03-2015, 02:04 PM
How can you call a small, dark, leptoprosopic, dolichocephalic phenotype, which is extremely common in Iberia?
Gracile Mediterranean.
How can Gracile Mediterranean type also be called, according to many physical anthropologists?
Ibero-Insular.

Ianus
03-03-2015, 02:07 PM
Why are you demoted from administrator?

Drakoblare
03-03-2015, 02:08 PM

Loki getting mad at Italic Roots?

solaris
03-03-2015, 02:09 PM
sikeliot's daily issues.

Styrian Mujo
03-03-2015, 02:10 PM
I have actually seen Spaniards IRL and most I have seen were what I would call gracile Mediterranid (of the western variety). I few seem like a combination of Baskid,Atlanto-CM,Berid and Atlanto-Mediterranid. Overall dark in pigmentation but still very western looking and distinct from southern Italians and Greeks. I never saw any Portuguese though but I reckon they look about the same.

Sikeliot
03-03-2015, 02:19 PM

I am a scapegoat for other people's issues.

Dictator
03-03-2015, 02:22 PM
I am a scapegoat for other people's issues.

No, you are not.

Drakoblare
03-03-2015, 02:32 PM
I have actually seen Spaniards IRL and most I have seen were what I would call gracile Mediterranid (of the western variety). I few seem like a combination of Baskid,Atlanto-CM,Berid and Atlanto-Mediterranid. Overall dark in pigmentation but still very western looking and distinct from southern Italians and Greeks. I never saw any Portuguese though but I reckon they look about the same.

Greeks I know who went to Spain were confused for locals and had people speak to them in Spanish. I was told they didn't look any different than us, dunno how it goes though.

Sikeliot
03-03-2015, 02:34 PM
Greeks I know who went to Spain were confused for locals and had people speak to them in Spanish. I was told they didn't look any different than us, dunno how it goes though.

I think southern Italians and Greek islanders are more "Gracile Med" and that Iberians are Atlanto-Med, and mainland Greeks more Pontid/AtlantoMed so I agree with you that there should not be a huge difference between Spaniards and Greeks.

Conte Mascetti
03-03-2015, 02:37 PM

Nothing seems out of the ordinary.

http://www.eupedia.com/images/content/Mediterranean-admixture.gif

armenianbodyhair
03-03-2015, 02:38 PM
K.

ius semper
03-03-2015, 02:41 PM
I'm spaniard and almost all my friends are atlanto-med even gracile med is quite common too in the south. For the italians I know, they're all atlanto-med (from venetto).

Equilibrium
03-03-2015, 02:41 PM
The fuck does Gracile even mean?

Basically someone like Sikeliot. ;)

Drakoblare
03-03-2015, 02:42 PM
I'm spaniard and almost all my friends are atlanto-med even gracile med is quite common too in the south. For the italians I know, they're all atlanto-med (from venetto).

Spaniard? I thought you were Catalan.

ius semper
03-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Spaniard? I thought you were Catalan.

Its still the same.

Drakoblare
03-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Its still the same.

Wouldn't you say that Catalans and Spanish(Castillians) are a different ethnic group?

ius semper
03-03-2015, 02:45 PM
Wouldn't you say that Catalans and Spanish(Castillians) are a different ethnic group?

culturally speaking yes but not racially.

Drakoblare
03-03-2015, 02:46 PM
culturally speaking yes but not racially.

Makes sense.

ius semper
03-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Makes sense.

If you have any doubt, just check "catalonia" in wikipedia, and you'll see it's in Spain. Thus, I'm spanish too even spanish isn't my mother toungue.

Drakoblare
03-03-2015, 02:52 PM
If you have any doubt, just check "catalonia" in wikipedia, and you'll see it's in Spain. Thus, I'm spanish too even spanish isn't my mother toungue.

Ahahah, I know that m8. It's just that you're the first Catalan I've seen who introduced himself with his citizienship instead of his ethnicity and I wanted to see how "Spanish" you feel.

ius semper
03-03-2015, 02:55 PM
Ahahah, I know that m8. It's just that you're the first Catalan I've seen who introduced himself with his citizienship instead of his ethnicity and I wanted to see how "Spanish" you feel.

hahaha it's ok. catalans normally don't introduce themselves as spaniards, but I do even I'm 100% catalan. At the end of the day, catalonia has been almost always spain

Conte Mascetti
03-03-2015, 03:02 PM
:D

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=55583&d=1425398439

Related to this:

How can you call a small, dark, leptoprosopic, dolichocephalic phenotype, which is extremely common in Iberia?
Gracile Mediterranean.
How can Gracile Mediterranean type also be called, according to many physical anthropologists?
Ibero-Insular.

So, my dear Cristiano viejo, are you denying what I claimed?
If yes, could you explain why?

ius semper
03-03-2015, 03:06 PM
:D

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=55583&d=1425398439

Related to this:

So, my dear Cristiano viejo, are you denying what I claimed?
If yes, could you explain why?

Just a question: if it can also be called "ibero-insular", and insular means islander, does that mean that gracile-meds are from iberian islands? ex: balearic?
anyway, I think that in average here in catalonia atlanto-med is the most common fenotype. don't know in the south

Conte Mascetti
03-03-2015, 03:12 PM
Just a question: if it can also be called "ibero-insular", and insular means islander, does that mean that gracile-meds are from iberian islands? ex: balearic?
anyway, I think that in average here in catalonia atlanto-med is the most common fenotype. don't know in the south

No, Ibero-Insular type is called in this way by many physical anthropologists such as Deniker and Czekanowski because it's more common in Iberia and mediterranean islands (Corsica, Sardinia, Sicily).

Sikeliot
03-03-2015, 03:13 PM
I agree that Gracile Med types are found on the islands (moreso Crete and Sicily than Sardinia) but what I disagree with is that they are predominant in Iberia. Moreover I do not find Sicilians to resemble Iberians apart from both looking Southern European.

Conte Mascetti
03-03-2015, 03:20 PM
I agree that Gracile Med types are found on the islands (moreso Crete and Sicily than Sardinia) but what I disagree with is that they are predominant in Iberia. Moreover I do not find Sicilians to resemble Iberians apart from both looking Southern European.

Gracile mediterranean is very, very, very, very, very, very [...] common in Sardinia (more than Sicily).
And in Iberia, too.
I repeat: how do you call a small, dark, leptoprosopic and dolichocephalic type?
What's the average height in Iberia? Small.
Average hair color? Dark.
Average facial index? High.
Average cephalic index? Low.

Sikeliot
03-03-2015, 03:23 PM
Sicilians are short and small often but they have prominent features: large eyes, prominent nose. I do not think their FACIAL traits are gracile, more so the body shape. Sardinians are heavily Berid though (a robust type) are they not?

ius semper
03-03-2015, 03:25 PM
Gracile mediterranean is very, very, very, very, very, very [...] common in Sardinia (more than Sicily).
And in Iberia, too.
I repeat: how do you call a small, dark, leptoprosopic and dolichocephalic type?
What's the average height in Iberia? Small.
Average hair color? Dark.
Average facial index? High.
Average cephalic index? Low.

False. Most common fenotype in spain is atlanto-med as well as it is in italy. And spanish average height is 1'78; which isn't small, its like in italy or france.

Sikeliot
03-03-2015, 03:26 PM
False. Most common fenotype in spain is atlanto-med as well as it is in italy. And spanish average height is 1'78; which isn't small, its like in italy or france.

Atlanto-Med is not the most common type anywhere in Italy. North Italians have more Dinarid and Alpine, and southerners more Gracile and East Med.

ius semper
03-03-2015, 03:28 PM
Atlanto-Med is not the most common type anywhere in Italy. North Italians have more Dinarid and Alpine, and southerners more Gracile and East Med.

If you say so... But it is for sure in spain.

Conte Mascetti
03-03-2015, 03:33 PM

Small if related to other european countries, of course.
And Atlanto-med is less common than Gracile Mediterranean. Don't imagine the latter as an ugly, dwarf, swarthy type.

http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu253/Tyranos/GermanMed.jpg

Sardinians are heavily Berid though (a robust type) are they not?

Yes. But there are more gracile Mediterraneans.

Sakis
03-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Small if related to other european countries, of course.
And Atlanto-med is less common than Gracile Mediterranean. Don't imagine the latter as an ugly, dwarf, swarthy type.

Atlanto-med is much more common nowadays.

Sikeliot
03-03-2015, 03:42 PM
Gracile Med type was largely a type in southern Europe due to famine and other calamities. Now that there is less economic strife and poverty, people are better nourished and fewer people of that type.

Conte Mascetti
03-03-2015, 03:44 PM
Atlanto-med is much more common nowadays.

Why? Because with a healthier nutrition we reach higher statures?
Even if higher, Mediterraneans (and Alpines) are still shorter than Atlantids and Nordids.

Gracile Med type was largely a type in southern Europe due to famine and other calamities. Now that there is less economic strife and poverty, people are better nourished and fewer people of that type.

So, with a healthier nutrition, phenotypes disappear? :D

Sakis
03-03-2015, 03:48 PM
Why? Because with a healthier nutrition we reach higher stature?
Even if higher, Mediterraneans (and Alpines) are still shorter than Atlantids and Nordids.

So, with a healtier nutrition, phenotypes disappear? :D

It's not only about the stature,there are gracile meds that are taller than atlanto-meds

jatt
03-03-2015, 03:50 PM
post pictures of common phenos and I will let you know from my vast knowledge and superior judjement capabilities iberials look gracile or not

Conte Mascetti
03-03-2015, 03:52 PM
It's not only about the stature,there are gracile meds that are taller than atlanto-meds

I hope you don't discern Atlantids from Mediterraneans by pigmentation...

Sakis
03-03-2015, 03:54 PM
I hope you don't discern Atlantids from Mediterraneans by pigmentation...

Atlantids are more or less the same as Atlanto-meds

Styrian Mujo
03-03-2015, 04:27 PM
I guess in the grander scheme of things all Mediterranean people are kind of similar.

Not a Cop
03-03-2015, 05:34 PM
Atlantids are more or less the same as Atlanto-meds

The thing is that Atlantic race if going by old anthropologists is not a South-Europoid type, but Central euro, but here the term was raped by OWD southerners.

Amud
03-03-2015, 05:51 PM
Iberians are predominantly of the Ethnikid and Adenid races, with just the occasional Slayerid.

Bloodnigger
03-03-2015, 05:57 PM
The thing is that Atlantic race if going by old anthropologists is not a South-Europoid type, but Central euro, but here the term was raped by OWD southerners.

Legit. Light complexioned (including eyes and hair) mediteranneans exist but are of course a minority compared to the darker ones. They consist of a CM and med mixture that is also a minority in the british isles. But the later ones are usually mixed with the local northern european types and are in no way similar to the iberians who are definitely NOT atlantid or similar to the british/irish. They are a purely mediterannean population but different from the alpine-dinaric italians or greeks in having more CM and CM influenced types.

Casandrinos
03-03-2015, 06:34 PM
Iberians are Gracile wogs......MORE MEDITERANEAN THAN YOU .

Drakoblare
03-03-2015, 07:04 PM
I guess in the grander scheme of things all Mediterranean people are kind of similar.

Perhaps. Though from what I've seen here S.Italians look like Greeks (perhaps more curly) AND GIGANTIC NOSES LIKE WTF!

Damiăo de Góis
03-03-2015, 08:07 PM
Italians getting all worked up about how iberians are supposed to look like? What else is new?

Lusos
03-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Italians getting all worked up about how iberians are supposed to look like? What else is new?

We can only render ourselves to our brown dwarfism.
(We can always put extra extra light in our head when taking a selfie ,to make the hair lighter)

Funny guys these Italians.