PDA

View Full Version : Stop Female Circumcision Kurdistan

gültekin
03-04-2015, 10:06 AM
http://www.stopfgmkurdistan.org/html/english/fgm_study2.htm
http://www.stopfgmkurdistan.org/img/fgm_report02.jpg
http://www.stopfgmkurdistan.org/
The Campaign: Stop FGM in Iraqi-Kurdistan

In the few years since it has been launched, the campaign Stop FGM in Kurdistan has created the conditions for an effective struggle against female genital mutilation (FGM) in Kurdish northern Iraq.

Today, people discuss FGM openly in the newspapers, in radio and TV shows and on the streets. It has not always been this way. Through awareness and advocacy initiatives, the campaign Stop FGM in Kurdistan succeeded in breaking a taboo, making FGM a widely discussed issue. Information is now available to everyone in northern Iraq about the consequences of FGM: pain and suffering, physical and psychological harms, life-long anxiety and loss of ability to feel sexual sensations. FGM is now a recognized problem among the Kurdish public and the local authorities.

A broad network

Stop FGM in Kurdistan is a network of local and international organizations, human rights activists, artists and journalists. They are all committed to making FGM history – better today than tomorrow.

For this reason, the network organizes public and prevention work, engages in political lobbying and works on the ground. For instance, the aid association WADI is running several mobile teams, providing assistance to women across the region.

International awareness

On an international level, the existence of FGM in Iraq has been ignored for many years. Female genital mutilation has been commonly described as an ‘African disease’. Thanks to Stop FGM in Kurdistan, this approach is now changing.

In 2009, the UNAMI (United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq) reported about FGM in Kurdistan for the first time. UNICEF Arbil followed. Shortly before, WADI had published the first findings from a comprehensive study it was about to conduct, indicating that FGM is prevalent in almost all parts of Iraqi Kurdistan. The study, published in 2010, showed that FGM is as widespread in urban areas as it is in the countryside. Human Rights Watch subsequently published a report titled “They took me and told me nothing”, which confirmed the results found by WADI.

Today, the problem of FGM in Kurdistan is internationally recognized beyond dispute. All future reports on the worldwide problem FGM will have to address FGM in Kurdistan. FGM prevalence maps are currently revised. All those who today still claim FGM to be an African problem can learn the truth now. For this achievement the campaign definitely deserves credit.

Prospects

In 2011 the KRG parliament adopted a comprehensive law against FGM and many other forms of violence against women and children. However, still there is a huge gap between aspirations and reality. The campaign is now focusing on the implementation of this great law which is unique in the whole region. In cooperation with the government, WADI is conducting awareness seminars for traditional midwives (professional cutters), offering seminars for leading police officers, teachers and nursery school staff, in addition to their usual awareness activities in the villages. The campaign is counseling the government and supporting all their steps in the right direction.

Your donation will make a difference

To hold to the successes achieved by this campaign so far, and to advance further, we need your support: Any donation will make a difference.
Open discussions are very important, but do not necessarily bring people to quit their “tradition”, especially in the rural areas. More awareness and education is needed, while the government, too, needs to take more action. The campaign Stop FGM in Kurdistan supports the public movement lobbying the government to act.

A Kurdish girl's story of Female genital mutilation FGM in Iraqi Kurdistan

by Nigeen Akram

SLÊMANÎ, Kurdistan region 'Iraq',— As we all know from news reports from the region, the people of Iraqi Kurdistan have been facing great threats and hardships for many years and are currently on the frontline of the fight against ISIS (also known as the Islamic State). However there is another, covert threat facing Kurdish women, many of whom undergo female genital mutilation (FGM).

This summer 28 Too Many volunteer, Nigeen Akram, returned to Iraqi Kurdistan determined to learn more about this secretive practice and how it affects the lives of Kurdish women. In this blog she tells the powerful story of one of these women and we share it on Blog Action Day 2014 to highlight this secretive practice and support those fighting to end FGM in Kurdistan.

gültekin
03-04-2015, 10:07 AM
http://www.stopfgmkurdistan.org/html/english/articles/article093e.htm
A Kurdish Girl

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King Jr.

Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) is unfortunately an ongoing practice in Kurdistan. Although there are organisations working to abolish it, many young women are afraid to share their stories or speak out because they are afraid of what would happen to them and what would happen to their families and those involved in the ritual of FGM. This fear has cultured these women into silence, so we are unable to know the exact number of the victims of FGM in Kurdistan because they are covert.

When I was in Kurdistan this summer I met a brave 26 year old women, from a village not far from Slêmanî (Sulaimaniyah) who found the courage to share her story in the hope that other women would join her and share their stories so that we can put an end to this barbarous practice.

This is Payam’s story

“I remember distinctly, it was a Tuesday afternoon, my sister and I were playing in front of my uncles house; She was 5 and I was 7. An old lady approached us with my mother in tow; she was disliked by girls in the village but I was too young to understand why. She had a merciless face as she walked up behind my younger sister: "You two, come with me" she said to us.

I looked up at my mother to see her approval: "Go with this grandma".

Too naive to envisage what was happening, my sister and I followed the old lady. However, my mother didn't follow...

Suddenly, I felt anxious. Why isn't mother coming with us, I wondered. Why did she leave us with this lady that nobody liked.
"Grandma, where are we going?" I questioned.

"Don’t speak so much" she snapped. We tagged along obediently, like little kids do.

We arrived in a small mud house which smelled of dirt and crushed leaves. In the corner of the room sat two other women whom I recognised from the village. They were what the locals described as "Doctors" even though they held no medical qualifications; or any qualificatiowww.Ekurd.netn for that matter. Grandma walked up to the two ladies and rapidly whispered something in their ears, too quiet for me to make out what they were discussing.

The two ladies made their way to me and my sister each with a piece of black cloth in their hands. Fear settled over me. Where was my mother?

One of the ladies grabbed my arms and blindfolded me. I kicked and pushed, but she had much more strength. I could hear my little sister also struggling. She was screaming and crying for help, but I couldn't do anything to help her. I was helpless.

"Get off me" I screamed, but the lady pushed me down with even more force.

"It will be over soon, I promise" she said as she took my skirt off and tied my legs to the table.

I heard my sisters scream from across the room. It was the most agonising sound I've heard to this day. The sort of sound that I never want to hear again. I was blind folded, so I couldn't see what was happening. My sisters crying died out eventually. If my memory serves me well, she passed out. From the fear. The pain.
Then came my turn. I felt cold hands on my thighs, pressing down. Grandma's hands?

I started to struggle again.

"Hold still" grandma hissed.

I screamed. Cried. Pushed. But it was of no use, I was locked onto the floor.

And then it happened. The cutting occurred really rapidly. To this day, I have never experienced a pain as intense as being mutilated. It’s the kind of pain I wouldn't wish upon my enemy. They cut us without any use of anaesthetics, as a result I passed out.

I’m not sure how long it took for me to regain consciousness but when I did I felt sore. I opened my eyes to see one of the ladies applying crushed leaves to my wound.

"It'll heal quicker this way" she smiled as if she had an ounce of sympathy in her. But I guess I can’t blame her. She didn't know any better. She was following what people viewed as "cultural norms".

I stayed in that room with my sister for around a month. The ladies would visit us and put crushed leaves onto the wound daily until the wounds eventually healed into a faint scar.

My mother would come and visit us often, bringing food and new clothes with her.

I would ask my mother: "Why did they cut me? How could you let them do that to me?"

After a moment of silence she would reply: "My daughter, I did it to protect you. Those who are not cut in our village are looked down upon. No one will ever eat anything they cook. They are seen as impure. Unclean. You would be an outcast and I didn't want that for my daughters"

I'm still very angry. Angry that they dared brutalise me like that. But I think they truly believed they were doing my sister and me a favour. In a sense you could say it is their way of dishing out tough love, however unwanted it may be.

Talking about what happened to me is traumatising and embarrassing. Every time I speak of it I feel the same fear and pain I felt on the day of the cutting. FGM has affected my life negatively. This unnecessary practice is the reason for my phobia of cuts. No matter how small a cut is or where it is, I have a panic attack.

I am classed as one of the lucky FGM victims. Some girls weren't so lucky. A girl from our village died during childbirth due to complications as a result of FGM.

I hope more girls speak up and share their stories because together we can end this painful, life threatening practice. I want my future daughters to grow up in a culture that is free from FGM. No girl should go through what my sister and I did. I will make sure my daughters don't.”
After thanking Payam for being brave enough to share her story and assuring her that her voice will be heard I promised Kurdistan to work hard to end FGM and similar practices. Please share this blog and help Payam’s voice be heard. Many Kurdish women want FGM to end and we need to support them in their stand against the practice.

gültekin
03-04-2015, 10:24 AM
Study shows: Majority of Kurdish Women in Iraq Victims of Genital Mutilation
http://www.stopfgmkurdistan.org/html/english/fgm_study.htm

Arbil (Iraq) | Berlin: On the occasion of the International Action Day against Female Genital Mutilation, a representative empirical study on »Female Genital Mutilation in Iraqi-Kurdistan« is going to be presented on February 6. A 40 page report summarizes the results of a one-and-a-half year empirical study conducted by the German relief organization WADI. The numbers presented in the report are alarming: A vast majority of women in Iraqi-Kurdistan have undergone FGM with some regions reaching a top ratio of more than 80 percent.

The study provides comprehensive evidence on the underlying dynamics of FGM and helps understand, why mothers who themselves experienced the horror of mutilation allow FGM to be practiced on their daughters. A vast majority of women who adhere to the practice believe it to be a religious obligation in Islam. Others refer to tradition and state that »it has always been like that«. The study also shows a clear correlation between the level of education and the attitude towards FGM. Still, the FGM rate amongst university graduates is around 30 percent. But it becomes clear that with an increasing social status, women are more likely to question harmful traditions and alleged religious obligations.

Thus, the study highlights the depressing living conditions of women and girls in Kurdistan and Iraq. Although significant progress has been made especially in the Kurdish region, women still experience extensive discriminations in everyday life and frequently become victims of violence and oppression. This downbeating appraisal only corresponds to a regional trend: Gender discrimination is an obstacle for development in many Middle Eastern societies.

In this context, the report which is the first and sole collection of empirical data on the subject so far also points to the errors of international organizations. It asks specifically why UNICEF as the UN body responsible still ignores the Kurdistan region when it comes to FGM. UNICEF and the World Health Organization (WHO) were active in northern Iraq for more than a decade without even asking about FGM.

The report is cautious with recommendations, but a clear political task results from the findings: FGM is not marginal, but affects the life of the majority of Kurdistan's women and girls. It is up to the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) to take effective and immediate steps to protect them. Any sustainable policy against FGM must focus on higher social standards, better education and effective rights for women.

gültekin
03-04-2015, 10:28 AM
Female Circumcision Continues in Iraqi Kurdistan
http://www.stopfgmkurdistan.org/html/english/articles/article076e.htm

SULAIMANIYAH, Iraq — Despite the efforts of Kurdish civil society organizations and the media to shed light on the practice of "female circumcision" — which is widespread in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq — this practice continues, albeit at a lower rate, in secret and with the blessing of some within the religious establishment.

By Miriam Ali

Although a number of nongovernmental organizations and activists have been working to put an end to female genital mutilation in Iraqi Kurdistan, the practice continues in secret and with the blessing of some religious figures.

The Kurdistan parliament criminalized this practice in Article VI of the Domestic Violence Act of 2011.

Given the conservative nature of Kurdish society, it is very difficult to talk openly about issues pertaining to women and their bodies. When those in parliament were asked to discuss a law criminalizing female genital mutilation (FGM), talks were postponed several times due to the sensitivity of the issue. This resulted in the debate over this law lasting from 2006 to 2011.

As a result of these efforts, female circumcision rates in all of Iraq fell by half, according to a report released by UNICEF in July 2013 addressing this practice in the 29 countries where it is most common.

The report noted that 8% of Iraqi women between the ages of 15 and 49 had been subjected to some form of FGM when they were young. The vast majority of these women are concentrated in the provinces of Erbil, Sulaimaniyah and Kirkuk.

In Iraqi Kurdistan, female circumcision is justified based on religious foundations as well as tribal traditions. Any attempts at enlightenment are resisted.

Adnan Ibrahim, a religious figure who rejects this practice, spoke to Al-Monitor about FGM. He noted that there is no relationship between female circumcision and Islamic teachings, and "there is no single piece of evidence in the Quran or sunna that legitimizes or calls for [female] circumcision."

He describes female circumcision as a "practice that results from ignorance or religious fervency." On the other hand, another religious figure, Sheikh Mohammed Hassan, told Al-Monitor, "I do not forbid the practice, based on sayings by the Prophet Muhammad that confirm [the legality of] female circumcision."

Muslims of various Islamic sects do not have a unified position on female circumcision, particularly within the Shafi school of jurisprudence, which accepts the practice. The vast majority of Muslims in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq belong to this sect. Moreover, Dar Al-Iftaa, the Egyptian educational institute founded to represent Islam, issued a fatwa condemning female circumcision on June 23.

Ehab Kharat, a psychologist from Erbil, told Al-Monitor, "[Female] circumcision is a historical-based crime that violates a woman's body. In the distant past, the practice was concentrated in the Nile Basin and Africa, yet under the guise of religion it began to seep into other countries. The practice involves cutting off active parts of the woman's body — parts that have a physical function. It is completely different from male circumcision. In the case of the latter, the flesh that is removed is not functional and does not have [a high concentration of] nerve endings. Yet, in the case of female circumcision, the most sensitive parts are removed. Thus, she loses the ability to obtain sexual satisfaction, yet her sexual desire does not decrease.”

Kharat notes that a distinction should be made between the idea of chastity and honor on the one hand, and sexual desire on the other. Female circumcision does not eliminate sexual desire — which is a psychological desire — but rather prevents a woman from obtaining sexual satisfaction. According to Kharat, it could even drive a woman to engage in deviant acts in an attempt to satisfy this psychological and physical deficit.

The long-term health consequences of this practice on women are not limited to mental health problems. Noor Suleiman, a doctor specializing in women's health, told Al-Monitor that the majority of circumcised women suffer from chronic health problems. Suleiman noted, "The tragedy begins with this primitive practice itself, which is usually carried out by one of the village elders. The latter typically has no [medical] proficiency and doesn't take into account the amount [of flesh] removed, the cleanliness of the tools being used or the overall health status of the girl. All forms of female circumcision lead to complications, the most serious being bleeding to death."

Suleiman outlines the health problems circumcised women face: "Nervous shock, damage to neighboring organs, inflammation, organ mutilation, infertility, difficulty giving birth, dysmenorrhea, a general risk of wounds and injuries to the Bartholin's glands."

Al-Monitor spoke to Falah Muradkhan, project coordinator at the Wadi Organization, a German-Iraqi nongovernmental organization focusing on human rights and family issues, which has been working in Iraqi Kurdistan for 18 years. Muradkhan said, "We have been working on awareness campaigns to condemn female circumcision for nine years. This is done through media coverage and our on-the-ground teams. Our efforts involve drawing attention to the harm and damage this practice can cause as well as providing first aid to circumcised women. We meet with those who perform these circumcisions and with religious figures and try to help them understand the danger of this practice, to deter them from facilitating it. We distributed 80,000 awareness pamphlets in the villages and cities of Iraqi Kurdistan as well as copies of our organization's newsletter, called 'Women's Rights.'"

Muradkhan referred to the results of a study conducted by the Wadi Organization in Kirkuk in 2012, as a model for the rest of Iraq. The study revealed that 38.2% of females over 14 years of age had been circumcised. Among those surveyed, 65% were Kurdish women, 26% were Arab and 12% were Turkmen. Muradkhan said that he is in contact with a female doctor in Diwaniyah who has evidence that there are cases of female circumcision in southern Iraq.

"We are working on a campaign called Stop FGM, to put an end to female circumcision in the Middle East — in Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Moreover, we are publishing data from recently conducted surveys," Muradkhan added.

Many circumcised girls abstain from talking to the media. Sana (not her real name), 39, said that she is trying to forget the experience. However, she is forced to deal with it in her marital life, and as a result the psychological damage it has caused. She noted, "I had no choice in the matter. My parents committed this crime against me when I was a young girl. Today, however, I am a married woman with children. Discussing this issue has become impossible."

Muradkhan recalls a number of incidents he witnessed during his work at the Wadi Organization. "I remember a father who approached me, and his eyes were filled with tears. He was distraught that he had his daughter circumcised a month prior. He would not have done this had the awareness campaign team come to the village a month earlier, because he realized the harm and risks of this procedure."

He continued, "Female circumcision causes innumerable problems. We have noticed that Kurdish men usually prefer to marry women from other ethnic groups, because there is a prevailing notion that Kurdish women are 'cold,' when it comes to marital relations. There have been many cases of young men who marry, only to end the relationship when they discovered the wife was circumcised. Problems related to 'coldness' between husband and wife as well as depression can lead to illness and suicide."

A report issued by Human Rights Watch said that FGM is practiced mainly by Kurds in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.

Since 2003, the United Nations has designated Feb. 6 to be the international day against FGM.

adsız
03-04-2015, 10:37 AM
I would ask my mother: "Why did they cut me? How could you let them do that to me?"

She would reply: "My daughter, I did it to protect you."

I got so sad after reading what the girl asked. I think i am getting softhearted as i get older..

adsız
03-04-2015, 10:40 AM
But, why this kind of bad things, female circumcision, berdel, honor killings.. etc always happen in kurdish society ?

gültekin
03-04-2015, 10:41 AM
I got so sad after reading what the girl asked. I think i am getting softhearted as i get older..
i thought Female Circumcision is a custom of deep Africa, seems unfortunately i was wrong. it's happened on front of our eyes

gültekin
03-04-2015, 10:43 AM
But, why this kind of bad things, female circumcision, berdel, honor killings.. etc always happen in kurdish society ?
probably because of their development has not completed yet, i can not find another explanation :(

Loki
03-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Very sad indeed, I didn't know it happened there.

gültekin
03-04-2015, 11:02 AM
Very sad indeed, I didn't know it happened there.
welcome to the club :(

Governor
03-04-2015, 11:34 AM
Oh, what an uncivilized traditional shit!

Let's wait for Kurdish responses here...

gültekin
03-04-2015, 11:39 AM

http://www.ufuktarhan.com/resimler/4-maymun.jpg

Pahli
03-04-2015, 11:43 AM

The guy who made the thread is a kid, so many of his arguments and the way of his argumenting is very alike for children.

Anyways, we don't have this kind of cruelty in our culture and from the people I know. I didn't even know this existed, but it should be stopped and the people that carry this out and do this should be punished.

Its not traditional, its something that was inspired by Islam.

adsız
03-04-2015, 11:44 AM

I thought it was 3 monkeys. What is the 4th doing ? :)

gültekin
03-04-2015, 11:45 AM
The guy who made the thread is a kid, so many of his arguments and the way of his argumenting is very alike for children.

Anyways, we don't have this kind of cruelty in our culture and from the people I know. I didn't even know this existed, but it should be stopped and the people that carry this out and do this should be punished.

gültekin
03-04-2015, 11:47 AM
I thought it was 3 monkeys. What is the 4th doing ? :)
he didn't even, because he don't have this kind of cruelty in his culture xD

Pahli
03-04-2015, 11:50 AM
This is why no one replies to your immature childish threads, you're a troll.

Methmatician
03-04-2015, 11:57 AM
Female circumcision is not an Islamic practice. If it exists among Kurds then it is a cultural thing.

adsız
03-04-2015, 11:57 AM
I do not think kurdish backwardness is a result of illiteracy. Many educated ones have same mindset as the uneducated ones. It must be something about upbringing/culture.

gültekin
03-04-2015, 11:58 AM
This is why no one replies to your immature childish threads, you're a troll.
how rude, they are also Troll right? http://www.stopfgmkurdistan.org/
hiding, deny, insulting the people who try to mediate the victims outcry, very proper behavior indeed. seems you are fit with your backward custom :(

Pahli
03-04-2015, 12:01 PM
Female circumcision is not an Islamic practice. If it exists among Kurds then it is a cultural thing.

Its not a cultural thing, since it was inspired by Islam. Even though its not written in the Quran, it can still be inspired by it. I see a link between FGM and Islam.

Methmatician
03-04-2015, 12:03 PM
Its not a cultural thing, since it was inspired by Islam. Even though its not written in the Quran, it can still be inspired by it. I see a link between FGM and Islam.
Where's the link? African Christians practice female circumcision, as well as African Muslims so there doesn't seem to be a religious element to it. Where is the link between Kurdish female circumcision and Islam?

adsız
03-04-2015, 12:05 PM

Now, you try to throw the shit on Islam. There is no custom/order in Islam such like female genital circumcision. If there were we would see it in all islamic countries. But we do not. It is a kurdish culture. I have read, though, some people in Africa practise it too.

gültekin
03-04-2015, 12:06 PM
you're right, i have also never heard about this except Africa, in some areas , but now i'm very shocked about that.

Pahli
03-04-2015, 12:06 PM
Where's the link? African Christians practice female circumcision, as well as African Muslims so there doesn't seem to be a religious element to it. Where is the link between Kurdish female circumcision and Islam?

Like I said, inspired by Islam, go read this and stop denying the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_on_female_genital_mutilation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_female_genital_mutilation_by_country

Nebuchadnezzar
03-04-2015, 12:09 PM
Female circumcision has no basis in Islam, it's an African practice...

I must say I haven't heard of "Female circumcision" outside of africa, so I'm kind of suspecious as of where these supposedly kurds have gotten this "Practice" from.

adsız
03-04-2015, 12:10 PM

This is what the link says:

but the practice predates Islam, and is not required by it

The rest is just story..

Pahli
03-04-2015, 12:12 PM
This is what the link says:

The rest is just story..

It surely predates Islam, but it is mentioned as a good thing to do in Islam. Its not a part of Kurdish culture, I'm pretty sure those who do have a religious background more or less.

adsız
03-04-2015, 12:20 PM
It surely predates Islam, but it is mentioned as a good thing to do in Islam.

Turkish people, Central Asians, Arabs, Western muslims.. None of them practise FGM. Only kurdish people do it who also practise incest, berdel and honor killing as a part of culture.

Kamal900
03-04-2015, 12:22 PM
It surely predates Islam, but it is mentioned as a good thing to do in Islam. Its not a part of Kurdish culture, I'm pretty sure those who do have a religious background more or less.

You can find such practice in many SSA countries, and they aren't Muslims at all. I think its more of a tradition of some kind that is mostly practiced by rural, low class people from small villages and etc. I mean, i even asked my dad about this and he told me that is a backward culture coming from low class people in any country or society.

gültekin
03-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Turkish people, Central Asians, Arabs, Western muslims.. None of them practise FGM. Only kurdish people do it who also practise incest, berdel and honor killing as a part of culture.
I need to fix, not only Kurds, some Africans also..

Pahli
03-04-2015, 12:23 PM

Not part of culture.

Also Arabs practice this too, I love how you only focus on Kurds. We surely don't practice incest, and honor killings aren't that common among us, and can be found in other ethnicities as well. But someone with the intelligence like yours and Gültekin would not be able to understand.

gültekin
03-04-2015, 12:27 PM
You can find such practice in many SSA countries, and they aren't Muslims at all. I think its more of a tradition of some kind that is mostly practiced by rural, low class people from small villages and etc. I mean, i even asked my dad about this and he told me that is a backward culture coming from low class people in any country or society.
also not in Egypt ,and that area?

Kamal900
03-04-2015, 12:27 PM
Not part of culture.

Also Arabs practice this too, I love how you only focus on Kurds. We surely don't practive incest, and honor killings aren't that common among us, and can be found in other ethnicities as well. But someone with the intelligence like yours and Gültekin would not be able to understand.

In some areas in Jordan, Syria and Egypt do these sort of things. The Turkish guy is just trying to demonize and insult your people, and tries to portray the Turks as 100 percent pure saints and civilized people.

Kamal900
03-04-2015, 12:28 PM
also not in Egypt ,and that area?

There are some villages from rural upper and lower egypt do this sort of thing.

Pahli
03-04-2015, 12:28 PM
In some areas in Jordan, Syria and Egypt do these sort of things. The Turkish guy is just trying to demonize and insult your people, and tries to portray the Turks as 100 percent pure saints and civilized people.

They are descendants of savages, the mongols that killed millions of Chinese, Iranians and Arabs.

They did the same thing with Armenians, Greeks, Assyrians and Kurds, they haven't learned much.

Kamal900
03-04-2015, 12:31 PM
They are descendants of savages, the mongols that killed millions of Chinese, Iranians and Arabs.

They did the same thing with Armenians, Greeks, Assyrians and Kurds, they haven't learned much.

Genghis Khan himself killed many innocent middle easterners. The population of Iran dropped from 16 or17 million to a mere 500,000(iran's population was never returned to that former number until the 19th century), and his descendant, Timur the devil's incarnate, have genocided most of the native inhabitants of Iraq as well. The mongols have destroyed the house of wisdom in Baghdad, and burn so many books that the whole Euphrates river turned black from the ashes and ink.

gültekin
03-04-2015, 12:31 PM
We surely don't practice incest, .

therefore, for all Kurds the preferred form of marriage is with patrilateral cousins (the children of siblings of the same sex, FBD/FBS—father's brother's daughter and son) while cross-cousin (the children of the siblings of opposite sex, FZD/FZS—father's sister's daughter and son) marriages are rarely practiced. The lineage endogamy is secured by marrying a first parallel cousin, and if this is not possible, a second or a more distant patrilateral cousin. The patrilateral cousins' marriage keeps property in the family and reinforces patriarchal and tribal solidarity.

Read more: Kurdish Families - Kurdish Marriage Patterns - Gender, Family, History, Marriages, and Family - JRank Articles http://family.jrank.org/pages/1026/Kurdish-Families-Kurdish-Marriage-Patterns.html#ixzz3TQI6Qi5A
http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/_newsimages/5139595.jpg
He killed his paternal uncle's daughter, because she don't want to marry him
(Abdurrahman İlhan from Batman)
http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/gundem/8405009.asp

As part of the routine March 8 International Women's Day celebrations, the Turkish media remembered an otherwise often-ignored tragedy of women in rural parts of Turkey by highlighting the story of 17-year-old Lalihan from Batman.

On the day women were singing and celebrating the International Women's Day in squares of Ankara, Istanbul and İzmir with demands for wider rights and increased participation in politics for the Turkish women, a group of people were silently lowering the dead body of Lalihan to the bosom of mother earth with a simple religious ceremony in Batman.

She lived without becoming either an individual or indeed a citizen of the country she was born to as her parents never ever registered her… The only proof that a person named Lalihan ever lived in these lands was her dead body which was buried on March 8. As in “Yaşar, ne yaşar ne yaşamaz” (Yaşar, neither lives nor does not live) famous short story by Aziz Nesin, “she neither lived, nor did not live” but definitely was killed or made a victim of a rather primitive tradition.

Berdel, barter of brides!

Her family had agreed with another family in their neighborhood to exchange brides… A tradition called “Berdel…” The two families were indeed the families of two brothers. Marriages within the same families have been long discouraged by the state, but who cared what the state said? The girls and boys intended to be married had grown up together like brothers and sisters… They did not want to marry a brother or sister… The elders of the families of the two brothers simply did not bother. They wanted the daughters and sons of two brothers to marry and thus avoid dividing the family's land allowing it to fall into the hands of outsiders.

It was a good arrangement… So thought the elders of the clan! After all, Lalihan's elder brother was willing to marry his niece, and his cousin, Abdurrahman İlhan, was willing to marry Lalihan! Girls had no other option but to obey the wishes of the boys, and the clan… Otherwise, it would have been a grave insult to the “honor of the family” and the clan if the girls objected to their arrangement to be brides… A crime punishable by death!

Lalihan could not understand how she could become wife to Abdurrahman, whom she grew up playing and working with in the family fields as sister and brother. She objected. Trying to explain to her elder brother, she could not. Trying to explain to her mother, she could not. She could not even manage to discuss the issue with her father.

She decided to risk everything and say “No, I can't agree marrying someone I consider a brother!” The family was upset… Berdel (the bride exchange tradition) had collapsed… This was not the first time such thing had happened in that part of Turkey and what ought to be done was clear in the minds of everyone, including Lalihan… She either would commit suicide and clean the honor of the family (in that case a junior sister would become the bride under the terms of “berdel” or Lalihan would be punished (killed) by either her brother, or the bridegroom-to-be whom she rejected, and thus the family would restore its dignity in the local population.

She did not have a younger sister that the family could offer as “sacrifice” and the bridegroom-to-be climbed the stairs to the roof of Lalihan's house, took out his sharp knife, stabbed the body of the young girl who had refused to become his bride until she fell dead while an army of relatives watched the horrible scene from a distance! The honor of the family was restored!

Barbarism in demonstration:

The body of Lalihan could have been silently buried and the case would have been closed, her would-be bridegroom executioner and those who ordered her “execution” could have get away with the crime because there was no evidence, after all, that she ever lived anyhow… She was not registered, never had an ID… She was just one of those girls of eastern Anatolia who did not live at all, according to official Turkey.

Somehow, the murder was reported, however, and Lalihan managed to be registered in official Turkey after her murder, as an honor crime victim.

Was official Turkey required to register and protect Lalihan while she was alive, or simply to register her as a victim of honor crime? Lalihan is gone, like many others who were “sacrificed” by a primitive mentality… It is too late to save Lalihan, but there are many others in Anatolia who like Lalihan are not “alive” in official records but await this state's attention to prevent a similar calamity! After all, what is a state for if it cannot protect Lalihans?
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/default.aspx?pageid=438&n=she-never-lived-anyhow-2008-03-10

Pahli
03-04-2015, 12:35 PM
Genghis Khan himself killed many innocent middle easterners. The population of Iran dropped from 16 or17 million to a mere 500,000(iran's population was never returned to that former number until the 19th century), and his descendant, Timur the devil's incarnate, have genocided most of the native inhabitants of Iraq as well. The mongols have destroyed the house of wisdom in Baghdad, and burn so many books that the whole Euphrates river turned black from the ashes and ink.

Yeah, he was a motherfucker, these Turks are not much better, they killed half of the Armenian population.

gültekin
03-04-2015, 12:54 PM

adsız
03-04-2015, 12:57 PM
http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/_newsimages/5139595.jpg
He killed his paternal uncle's daughter, because she don't want to marry him
(Abdurrahman İlhan from Batman)
http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/gundem/8405009.asp

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/default.aspx?pageid=438&n=she-never-lived-anyhow-2008-03-10

These people in TA do not have any idea about how terrible it is having to live with this backward kurds.

They know as only much as what CNN says for propaganda against ISIS such as "kurdish female warriers" which is a real BS as we know, forget women, most of kurdish men run away to Turkey when ISIS attacked Ayn-al Arab.

Now, those kurds are feeded in Turkey by using my money. Terrible..

gültekin
03-04-2015, 12:59 PM
Not part of culture.
Man who killed cousin after raping her acquitted of murder
http://www.todayszaman.com/national_man-who-killed-cousin-after-raping-her-acquitted-of-murder_296962.html

A man who killed his cousin after raping her in the southeastern province of Diyarbakır three years ago was acquitted of murder charges in a court ruling that sentenced the rapist to 10 years' imprisonment for assault, the Taraf daily reported on Friday.

Havva Erdoğan, 14, was found dead hanging in a barn in the village of Sergen in Kocaköy district in Diyarbakır three years ago. Her relatives had initially believed that she had committed suicide. An autopsy, however, had found that the girl had been raped, and subsequent investigations revealed that her two cousins, Mehmet Erdoğan and Hüseyin Erdoğan, had hanged her after raping her. Police arrested both cousins, but Mehmet died in prison before the trial began.

The Diyarbakır 2nd High Criminal Court last week acquitted Hüseyin of murder charges but sentenced him to 10 years' imprisonment for sexual assault. Mehmet's father, Abdurrahman Erdoğan, who encouraged his son and Hüseyin to murder Havva, was sentenced to aggravated life imprisonment.

Pahli
03-04-2015, 12:59 PM
These people in TA do not have any idea about how terrible it is having to live with this backward kurds.

They know as only much as what CNN says for propaganda against ISIS such as "kurdish female warriers" which is a real BS as we know, forget women, most of kurdish men run away to Turkey when ISIS attacked Ayn-al Arab.

Now, those kurds are feeded in Turkey by using my money. Terrible..

Keep bitching, you're making the problem bigger than it already is xD

gültekin
03-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Not part of culture.
A prosecution into the murder of a 15-year-old girl in Batman two years ago has revealed that she was murdered by her uncles after being raped by her cousins.
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/15-year-old-girl-killed-by-family-after-being-raped-by-cousins.aspx?PageID=238&NID=71499&NewsCatID=509

The body of the girl, identified as Hasret, was found two years ago at a sand quarry near Batman Brook. After leaving her husband, she was raped and killed by her two cousins on the decision of a family council after she got pregnant, daily Sabah reported.

Hasret’s 12 relatives, including her grandfather, grandmother, three uncles, three aunts-in-law and two cousins, are being tried in her murder case. They face life imprisonment for “instigating and murdering a pregnant woman on grounds of tribal motives.”

The suspects have reportedly placed blame on each other in the latest hearing, denying that the woman was killed by a decision agreed upon by family members.

“My cousin Garip told me that his son Serhıldan and my son Özcan raped Hasret and got her pregnant. He told me that the baby should be aborted, as the father was uncertain. Hasret, Garip and I went to the Batman Brook. I was drunk. I don’t remember the rest. But no one directed me to go there. The family council did not make a decision [to kill her],” said Habip Daşlı, who is accused of strangling the woman.

Serhıldan Daşlı, who was identified as the father of the baby via a DNA test, denied that he raped Hasret.

“I had intercourse with [Hasret] on her will. I did not rape her. I did not know she was murdered,” he said.

During the hearing the other suspect, Özcan Daşlı, also denied raping Hasret.

Hasret’s mother said that Garip Daşlı took Hasret from her home after saying he would take her to the doctor. She only pressed charges against Serhıldan Daşlı.

“My daughter told me that Özcan and Serhıldan Daşlı raped her on different dates, but she did not know the father of the baby. We were planning to leave the baby to an orphans’ home after it was born, without the men of the family noticing. But the situation was heard,” she said.

Intervening lawyers from the Family and Social Policies Ministry said Hasret’s mother could not testify against all family members; she has been under pressure as a widow who needs the family’s support to live, they said.
interesting, their is also a TA member with the same nickname, Serxildan

Kazbolat
03-04-2015, 01:05 PM
Oh please, i was born and raised in a muslim society too but i've never heard of a such thing in caucasus.

adsız
03-04-2015, 01:06 PM
We surely don't practice incest, and honor killings

You know as hell that it is very common among kurdish families.
You want me to give you link to the work made on this subject saying in 25% of kurdish families incest is practised?

adsız
03-04-2015, 01:07 PM
Oh please, i was born and raised in a muslim society too but i've never heard of a such thing in caucasus.

He also knows it but he wants to use the tool of "anti-islamism" to get rid of being accused.

Pahli
03-04-2015, 01:26 PM
Whatever you say, you know its not true, even though there are few cases of it, but you're too dumb to understand, so I rest my case.

Kazbech: Its mostly practiced in Africa and the Middle East

Kazbolat
03-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Kazbech: Its mostly practiced in Africa and the Middle East

so what? does it make it islamic? can you show me one verse from the Quran or one hadith that commands muslims to practice this thing?

gültekin
03-04-2015, 02:10 PM
Iran
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_female_genital_mutilation_by_country #Iran
Female genital mutilation has been reported in Iranian Kurdistan. It is estimated that in Iranian Kurdistan the rate of the mutilated girls and women is about 60%.[24][159][160] A 2012 study in Kermanshah province of Iran suggests FGM is a common practice in Ravansars’ women, with over 55% of girls have been circumcised less than 7 years age.[161]

Turkey
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_female_genital_mutilation_by_country #Turkey
Circumstantial evidence suggests FGM exists in regions inhabited by Kurdish populations in Turkey.[24][181][182]

Pahli
03-04-2015, 02:50 PM
so what? does it make it islamic? can you show me one verse from the Quran or one hadith that commands muslims to practice this thing?

If you read my previous posts, it is a good thing to do, how else should it spread to Kurds? Africa > Middle East > Kurds ... Figure the rest out.

Kazbolat
03-04-2015, 03:25 PM
If you read my previous posts, it is a good thing to do, how else should it spread to Kurds? Africa > Middle East > Kurds ... Figure the rest out.

Only thing i see in the previous posts is insults. how is female circumcision related to islam? please show me one verse that commands believers to practice this. only kurds and apparently some africans practice it. why do you put all muslims under suspicion?

Pahli
03-04-2015, 04:07 PM
Only thing i see in the previous posts is insults. how is female circumcision related to islam? please show me one verse that commands believers to practice this. only kurds and apparently some africans practice it. why do you put all muslims under suspicion?

I didn't, but you fail to understand what I say. It has been mentioned as a good thing to do, but NOT mandatory in Islam.

gültekin
03-04-2015, 07:46 PM

Iran
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_female_genital_mutilation_by_country #Iran
Female genital mutilation has been reported in Iranian Kurdistan. It is estimated that in Iranian Kurdistan the rate of the mutilated girls and women is about 60%.[24][159][160] A 2012 study in Kermanshah province of Iran suggests FGM is a common practice in Ravansars’ women, with over 55% of girls have been circumcised less than 7 years age.[161]
the Kurds in their homeland Iran, tells another story...

Kazbolat
03-04-2015, 08:13 PM
It has been mentioned as a good thing to do, but NOT mandatory in Islam.

Could you provide a source? i've never heard of such a thing. you are putting all muslims under suspicion.

Pahli
03-04-2015, 08:14 PM
Could you provide a source? i've never heard of such thing. you are putting all muslims under suspicion.

No I'm not, stop being stupid.

Kazbolat
03-04-2015, 08:19 PM
No I'm not, stop being stupid.
Yes you are. stop blaming islam and muslims for your own culture.

gültekin
03-04-2015, 08:19 PM
sounds like Aglojeww's sign. and a good fit :
When debating Pro-Kurds, I've noticed they employ the following tactics, in full or in part;
1. Distraction: The Pro-Kurds will try to divert attention from the argument at hand and avoid debating the issue directly
2. Ad hominem logical fallacy: The Pro-Kurds will try blaming the messenger and not debating the message
3. Fallacy of relevance eg a "red herring": The Submitter will attempt the "two wrongs make a right" tactic (or the Tu Quoque logical fallacy).- In employing evasive tactics the Pro-Kurds unwittingly admits the correctness of their opponent's original argument by implication.
what a shame :picard1:

Pahli
03-04-2015, 08:23 PM
Yes you are. stop blaming islam and muslims for your own culture.

It is indeed true that Islam affected our culture in a negative way, and that is true. So stop denying it. We don't even feel like muslims anymore. How we got this disgusting practice, I don't know, but most likely through Islam, since muslims have been in contact with the African continent.

Gültekin: You described yourself perfectly xD

gültekin
03-04-2015, 08:32 PM
2. Ad hominem logical fallacy: The Pro-Kurds will try blaming the messenger and not debating the message

Iran

Turkey
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_female_genital_mutilation_by_country #Turkey
Circumstantial evidence suggests FGM exists in regions inhabited by Kurdish populations in Turkey.[24][181][182]
both are Muslim countrys, Iran especially which is an islamic country is a good example. only Kurds practising here Female Circumcision. with high rates .
but this guy didn't now :confused: anything, lol

Anyways, we don't have this kind of cruelty in our culture and from the people I know. I didn't even know this existed,

Kazbolat
03-04-2015, 08:39 PM
I don't know, but most likely through Islam, since muslims have been in contact with the African continent.
you are still doing the same thing. please provide a source or stop blaming islam and believers. i have not seen a single verse from the Quran or a hadith that commands muslims to practice female circumcision.

Pahli
03-04-2015, 08:40 PM
you are still doing the same thing. please provide a source or stop blaming islam and believers. i have not seen a single verse from the Quran or a hadith that commands muslims to practice female circumcision.

I didn't say it commands them to do it for christ sake :picard1:

The prophet has mentioned it as a noble thing to do.

Kazbolat
03-04-2015, 08:45 PM
The prophet has mentioned it as a noble thing to do.
SOURCE!

gültekin
03-04-2015, 08:47 PM
Not part of culture.
A prosecution into the murder of a 15-year-old girl in Batman two years ago has revealed that she was murdered by her uncles after being raped by her cousins.
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/15-year-old-girl-killed-by-family-after-being-raped-by-cousins.aspx?PageID=238&NID=71499&NewsCatID=509

The body of the girl, identified as Hasret, was found two years ago at a sand quarry near Batman Brook. After leaving her husband, she was raped and killed by her two cousins on the decision of a family council after she got pregnant, daily Sabah reported.

Hasret’s 12 relatives, including her grandfather, grandmother, three uncles, three aunts-in-law and two cousins, are being tried in her murder case. They face life imprisonment for “instigating and murdering a pregnant woman on grounds of tribal motives.”

The suspects have reportedly placed blame on each other in the latest hearing, denying that the woman was killed by a decision agreed upon by family members.

“My cousin Garip told me that his son Serhıldan and my son Özcan raped Hasret and got her pregnant. He told me that the baby should be aborted, as the father was uncertain. Hasret, Garip and I went to the Batman Brook. I was drunk. I don’t remember the rest. But no one directed me to go there. The family council did not make a decision [to kill her],” said Habip Daşlı, who is accused of strangling the woman.

Serhıldan Daşlı, who was identified as the father of the baby via a DNA test, denied that he raped Hasret.

“I had intercourse with [Hasret] on her will. I did not rape her. I did not know she was murdered,” he said.

During the hearing the other suspect, Özcan Daşlı, also denied raping Hasret.

Hasret’s mother said that Garip Daşlı took Hasret from her home after saying he would take her to the doctor. She only pressed charges against Serhıldan Daşlı.

“My daughter told me that Özcan and Serhıldan Daşlı raped her on different dates, but she did not know the father of the baby. We were planning to leave the baby to an orphans’ home after it was born, without the men of the family noticing. But the situation was heard,” she said.

Intervening lawyers from the Family and Social Policies Ministry said Hasret’s mother could not testify against all family members; she has been under pressure as a widow who needs the family’s support to live, they said.

this is a very good example in this case. one of this rapists name is Serxildan, means rebellion/revolt in Kurdish and is used by Kurdish leftists/nationalists or pkk-supporters.

Pahli
03-04-2015, 08:47 PM
SOURCE!

gültekin
03-04-2015, 08:55 PM
can you explaine why in such a islamic country like Iran only the Kurds practicing Female Circumcision ? even not to mention the Kurds in Turkey..

Iran

Kazbolat
03-04-2015, 08:57 PM

the practice predates Islam, and is not required by it.[2] The only Jewish group known to have practiced it are the Beta Israel of Ethiopia.[3] There is no unequivocal link between religion and prevalence.

It is generally accepted that there is no close link between the practice and religious belief

FGM is found mostly within and adjacent to Muslim communities in Central-North Africa, but it is not required by Islam or practiced in most Muslim countries, and prevalence rates vary according to ethnicity, not religion.[9]

There is no reference to it in the Qur'an.[10]

The former Grand Mufti of Egypt Ali Gomaa stated in 2007 that "excision is a practice totally banned by Islam because of the compelling evidence of the extensive damage it causes to women's bodies and minds."[13] Egyptian Islamist scholars such as Mohammed Emara and Mohammad Salim Al-Awa have opposed FGM, arguing that it is not an Islamic practice and is not endorsed by Islamic jurisprudence.[14]

] There is no consensus whether the hadiths support or forbid FGM.[26][27]

I THINK THE MOST IMPORTANT PART IS THAT IT PREDATES ISLAM, WHICH MEANS YOU CAN'T BLAME ISLAM FOR YOUR OWN CULTURE!

gültekin
03-04-2015, 09:03 PM
and also in Iraq only in so called Kurdistani again with high rates. yes %26 of Arabs have done also, but only in Kurdistan. that's shows this practise is associated with Kurds and their custom.
i really don't understand why still some Kurds try to deny and hide , instead do somethings against this backward cruelty :confused:

Iraq

Female genital mutilation is prevalent in Iraqi Kurdistan, with FGM rates exceeding 80% in Garmyan and New Kirkuk. In Arbil Governorate and Suleymaniya Type I FGM is common; while in Garmyan and New Kirkuk, Type II and III FGM are common.[162][163] There was no law against FGM in Iraqi Kurdistan, but in 2007 a draft legislation condemning the practice was submitted to the Regional Parliament, but was not passed.[164] A 2011 Kurdish law criminalized FGM practice in Iraqi Kurdistan,[165] however this law is not being enforced.[166] A field report by Iraqi group PANA Center, published in 2012, shows 38% of females in Kirkuk and its surrounding districts areas had undergone female circumcision. Of those females circumcised, 65% were Kurds, 26% Arabs and rest Turkmen. On the level of religious and sectarian affiliation, 41% were Sunnis, 23% Shiites, rest Kaka’is, and none Christians or Chaldeans.[167] A 2013 report finds FGM prevalence rate of 59% based on clinical examination of about 2000 Iraqi Kurdish women; FGM found were Type I, and 60% of the mutilation were performed to girls in 4–7 year age group.[168]

Pahli
03-04-2015, 09:04 PM
the practice predates Islam, and is not required by it.[2] The only Jewish group known to have practiced it are the Beta Israel of Ethiopia.[3] There is no unequivocal link between religion and prevalence.

It is generally accepted that there is no close link between the practice and religious belief

FGM is found mostly within and adjacent to Muslim communities in Central-North Africa, but it is not required by Islam or practiced in most Muslim countries, and prevalence rates vary according to ethnicity, not religion.[9]

There is no reference to it in the Qur'an.[10]

The former Grand Mufti of Egypt Ali Gomaa stated in 2007 that "excision is a practice totally banned by Islam because of the compelling evidence of the extensive damage it causes to women's bodies and minds."[13] Egyptian Islamist scholars such as Mohammed Emara and Mohammad Salim Al-Awa have opposed FGM, arguing that it is not an Islamic practice and is not endorsed by Islamic jurisprudence.[14]

] There is no consensus whether the hadiths support or forbid FGM.[26][27]

I THINK THE MOST IMPORTANT PART IS THAT IT PREDATES ISLAM, WHICH MEANS YOU CAN'T BLAME ISLAM FOR YOUR OWN CULTURE!

It was carried by Islam and passed to the new muslim communities back then. So partially yes.

gültekin
03-04-2015, 09:11 PM

Iran

Turkey
both are Muslim countrys, Iran especially which is an islamic country is a good example. only Kurds practising here Female Circumcision. with high rates .
but this guy didn't now :confused: anything, lol

Anyways, we don't have this kind of cruelty in our culture and from the people I know. I didn't even know this existed,

and also in Iraq only in so called Kurdistani again with high rates. yes %26 of Arabs have done also, but only in Kurdistan. that's shows this practise is associated with Kurds and their custom.

Iraq

Female genital mutilation is prevalent in Iraqi Kurdistan, with FGM rates exceeding 80% in Garmyan and New Kirkuk. In Arbil Governorate and Suleymaniya Type I FGM is common; while in Garmyan and New Kirkuk, Type II and III FGM are common.[162][163] There was no law against FGM in Iraqi Kurdistan, but in 2007 a draft legislation condemning the practice was submitted to the Regional Parliament, but was not passed.[164] A 2011 Kurdish law criminalized FGM practice in Iraqi Kurdistan,[165] however this law is not being enforced.[166] A field report by Iraqi group PANA Center, published in 2012, shows 38% of females in Kirkuk and its surrounding districts areas had undergone female circumcision. Of those females circumcised, 65% were Kurds, 26% Arabs and rest Turkmen. On the level of religious and sectarian affiliation, 41% were Sunnis, 23% Shiites, rest Kaka’is, and none Christians or Chaldeans.[167] A 2013 report finds FGM prevalence rate of 59% based on clinical examination of about 2000 Iraqi Kurdish women; FGM found were Type I, and 60% of the mutilation were performed to girls in 4–7 year age group.[168]
:bored:

Methmatician
03-04-2015, 09:28 PM
FGM is found only within and adjacent to Muslim communities, but the practice predates Islam, and is not required by it.

:rolleyes2:

Ice
03-04-2015, 09:39 PM
We need to respect customs and traditions. Don't get me wrong, i hate this shit, i'd never allow such thing to people i know/love. As far as i know female circumcision is also against islamic law. Actually islam protects women in most cases.According to islamic laws women has right to divorce her husband if the man is impotent, can't satisfy her needs etc

However it's not my business what kurds do. Kurds have quite strange traditions. If the uncle rapes his brothers' daughter, it's not his fault. The girl must be punished(killed). If my brother rapes my daughter, i'll rape him and after that i'll probably kill him aswell or ask him to pay 100k or something like that.

Anyway, kurds also love to kill each other. Honour killng in turkey is exclusively kurdish thing. Once again, this is not my business.

gültekin
03-05-2015, 01:05 AM
We need to respect customs and traditions. Don't get me wrong, i hate this shit, i'd never allow such thing to people i know/love. As far as i know female circumcision is also against islamic law. Actually islam protects women in most cases.According to islamic laws women has right to divorce her husband if the man is impotent, can't satisfy her needs etc

However it's not my business what kurds do. Kurds have quite strange traditions. If the uncle rapes his brothers' daughter, it's not his fault. The girl must be punished(killed). If my brother rapes my daughter, i'll rape him and after that i'll probably kill him aswell or ask him to pay 100k or something like that.

Anyway, kurds also love to kill each other. Honour killng in turkey is exclusively kurdish thing. Once again, this is not my business.
yes, it's indeed terrible :( after this case i will even no more find out what more they are hiding, ...

gültekin
03-07-2015, 12:34 AM
The hideous practice of female genital mutilation (FGM) is neither an exclusively Muslim nor a principally Middle Eastern phenomenon. It exists among non-Muslims through wide areas of Africa.
But in Iraq and Iran, FGM is mainly associated with Kurds. The Kurdish Regional Government (KRG) in Iraq, which is fighting against the terrorists of the so-called “Islamic State,” has pursued a substantive effort to eradicate FGM. As reported here, the KRG parliament introduced legislation prohibiting FGM in 2007. The law was passed in 2011 and forbade, additionally, child marriage, so-called “honor murders,” and other abuses suffered typically by women. In 2010, the KRG health ministry produced a plan to eliminate FGM and called on Islamic clergy to condemn the custom.

Last year, Thomas von der Osten-Sacken, director in Iraq of a German-based charity, WADI—the Association for Crisis Assistance and Development Cooperation—said in an interview that FGM in Iraqi Kurdistan had declined dramatically, and that measurable success in stopping FGM there could be credited to the political change that began in 1991. “Saddam Hussein lost power here back in 1991. There is a relative degree of freedom,” von der Osten-Sacken said. That freedom—and other achievements by the Iraqi Kurds—were made possible, as should be recognized, by the decision of President George H.W. Bush to impose a “no-fly zone” over Iraqi Kurdistan.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/female-genital-mutilation-growing-problem-iran_824155.html

robar
03-07-2015, 01:28 AM
Who cares?

adsız
03-07-2015, 09:30 PM
For the sake of being neutral, i have not heard any FGM among kurds around me even in Turkey. Maybe they keep it secret. I dont know. It may be practised by kurdish people in Iraq and Iran as the news says.

gültekin
03-07-2015, 09:59 PM
For the sake of being neutral, i have not heard any FGM among kurds around me even in Turkey. Maybe they keep it secret. I dont know. It may be practised by kurdish people in Iraq and Iran as the news says.

Turkey
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevale...country#Turkey
yes I was shocked too, yes seems they doing that secretly, or the media hide that

adsız
03-07-2015, 10:07 PM
yes I was shocked too, yes seems they doing that secretly, or the media hide that

I cant open the link ? Please write correctly.

gültekin
03-07-2015, 10:09 PM
I cant open the link ? Please write correctly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_female_genital_mutilation_by_country here,

gültekin
03-07-2015, 10:23 PM
Who cares?
you're right, sadly many people gives don't a shit to this backward custom and that because this shit can't be stop.
any way some good people trying their best, and made some informative videos etc. against FGM in Kurdistan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwjJzfWtF-I

Ctwentysevenj
03-08-2015, 06:41 AM
Through economic development and education will rid this cruel practice. It is quite common practice in Egypt too.

Ryujin
03-08-2015, 06:56 AM
It's only natural that people don't know jack about it as they're misinformed by the Western media which introduces Kurdish people as secular, westernized people simply because they fight ISIS while Turkey supposedly aids ISIS. I won't deny these claims, but how can people possibly be such ignorant that they mix geo-politics and the society? the US supported Taliban, doesn't mean they sympathized with them. And Kurds are not in any way secular just because they happent to resist a bunch of lunatic terrorists. Seriously if you believe Kurdistan is so westernized and secular than ISIS-supporter Turks then westerners should not go to coastline Turkey or Istanbul for vacation, but rather southeastern Turkey or northern Iraq, I'm sure they'll find much fun out there.

gültekin
03-08-2015, 07:53 AM
Through economic development and education will rid this cruel practice.
seems its need a very long period of time, even Egypt has better live standards and education level but they couldn't solve it.. most likely: The weight of tradition

It is quite common practice in Egypt too
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/51/FGM_prevalence_UNICEF_2013.svg/450px-FGM_prevalence_UNICEF_2013.svg.png
yes you're right
which is interesting , except the Kurds and Yemenis (near Africa) the people of Arabian peninsula don't practice FGM

Ryujin
03-08-2015, 08:12 AM
I seriously can't believe this is so high in Egypt.

gültekin
03-16-2015, 12:57 AM
I seriously can't believe this is so high in Egypt.
ancient custom maybe :noidea:

zarzian
03-16-2015, 01:21 AM
ancient custom maybe :noidea:

I don't think the ancient Egyptians were that backward, in Egypt it has to be an Islamic custom.

Kamal900
03-16-2015, 01:35 AM
I don't think the ancient Egyptians were that backward, in Egypt it has to be an Islamic custom.

Female circumcision is very common among the Nilotic peoples and other southern Sudanese who follow their own traditional beliefs. The whole thing is practiced mostly in the rural areas, and many Egyptians here are very disgusted and against such practice.

gültekin
03-24-2015, 08:02 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/51/FGM_prevalence_UNICEF_2013.svg/450px-FGM_prevalence_UNICEF_2013.svg.png
and in Ethiopia* is it Christianic custom ?

Ctwentysevenj
03-24-2015, 08:22 AM
Of course all in the third world. None in the first world. Therefore religious backwardness breeds ignorance and therefore female circumcision

Pahli
03-24-2015, 08:25 AM
and in Ethiopia* is it Christianic custom ?

African custom, then adopted by muslims, common in muslim parts of Middle East, there is a connection

gültekin
03-24-2015, 08:35 AM
Of course all in the third world. None in the first world. Therefore religious backwardness breeds ignorance and therefore female circumcision
religious :confused: Ethiopia for example is hardcore Christian , i think there is something else which is responsible for this. animistic background guess

gültekin
03-24-2015, 08:44 AM
African custom, then adopted by muslims, common in muslim parts of Middle East, there is a connection
muslim part? only Egypt, Kurds and some Yemenis. nord Africa and Arabian peninsula does not. about Yemen which is most likely because of their proximity to Ethiopia and Somalia
Edit: what have to do the Kurds with Africa seriously? they have not border to Africa and as far as i know they have also not a relationship-connection with them. am i wrong?

Ryujin
03-24-2015, 11:45 PM
Somalia is such a shithole.

Wadaad
03-25-2015, 12:01 AM
Somalia is such a shithole.

Somalia as shitty as it is right now, is more noble than you could ever be...you aspire to be a lapdog, nothing more nothing less. The imitation will never surpass the original ;)

I remember when a Syrian guy (without being aware Im Somali) insulted Somalia for being a shit hole...10 years later and Syria today is exactly where Somalia was in about 1988-1991. And Syria's right at your back door.

btw, I've been to Turkey and I've been to Somalia. I've dealt with Turks and Somalis...you are not our superior in any way :lol:

adsız
04-01-2015, 11:44 AM
btw, I've been to Turkey and I've been to Somalia. I've dealt with Turks and Somalis...you are not our superior in any way :lol:

Somalia is the superior of the world.. No doubt.

Siberian Cold Breeze
04-01-2015, 12:15 PM
Seems like it is Shaafi practise or it is brought or carried via cultural transmitting from Africa .Regions which FGM is practised and Shaafi sect areas are almost parelel .

Shafi'i school is now predominantly found in Somalia, Ethiopia, Djibouti, eastern Egypt, the Swahili Coast, Yemen, Kurdish regions of the Middle East, Palestine, Lebanon, Indonesia, Malaysia, Maldives, some coastal parts of Sri Lanka, India, Singapore, Myanmar, Thailand, Brunei, and the Philippines.

edit : yes, I was right

The Shafi'i and Hanbali schools of Islamic jurisprudence consider circumcision to be obligatory for both males and females,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_on_female_genital_mutilation#Shia_ view

Kamal900
04-01-2015, 12:28 PM
religious :confused: Ethiopia for example is hardcore Christian , i think there is something else which is responsible for this. animistic background guess

65 percent of the population belong to the Ethiopian orthodox Christianity which originally was part of the Coptic church. It isn't an Islamic custom but rather animistic practices that is still common in many parts of Africa to this day. I never expected that Egypt could be that high though.

adsız
04-01-2015, 12:45 PM

Nothing to do with religion. It is only kurds and some Arab/African clans some of whom are christian practise Female genital circumcision.

Wadaad
04-07-2015, 01:24 AM
65 percent of the population belong to the Ethiopian orthodox Christianity which originally was part of the Coptic church. It isn't an Islamic custom but rather animistic practices that is still common in many parts of Africa to this day. I never expected that Egypt could be that high though.

animist? It is Egyptian in origin (as is male circumcision)...infact the Somali name for FGM is "gudnis fircooni" (Pharaonic circumcision)

Kamal900
04-07-2015, 03:19 AM
animist? It is Egyptian in origin (as is male circumcision)...infact the Somali name for FGM is "gudnis fircooni" (Pharaonic circumcision)

Well, male circumcision is a different story all together. I was mainly talking about female circumcision.

Ancient Egyptian male circumcision:
http://sciencenow.unaids.org/sites/default/files/images/egypt2.jpg

Amud
04-07-2015, 03:29 AM
Is it the "white man's burden" to civilize inferior and barbaric peoples? Do you think we could do anything to change their ways?

Wadaad
04-07-2015, 03:32 AM
Well, male circumcision is a different story all together. I was mainly talking about female circumcision.

Ancient Egyptian male circumcision:
http://sciencenow.unaids.org/sites/default/files/images/egypt2.jpg

Both male and female circumcision were Ancient Egyptian customs...this is mainstream knowledge even in the MENA.

http://classprojects.kenyon.edu/wmns/Wmns36/bloodletting/fgmframe.htm

the further south of the sahara you go...the less frequent it occurs (while Animism inversely increases, so to assume FGM is a mainly SSA custom is wrong and ignorant...it is mainly a North African + Sahelian custom.

adsız
04-07-2015, 02:47 PM
Both male and female circumcision were Ancient Egyptian customs...this is mainstream knowledge even in the MENA.

http://classprojects.kenyon.edu/wmns/Wmns36/bloodletting/fgmframe.htm

the further south of the sahara you go...the less frequent it occurs (while Animism inversely increases, so to assume FGM is a mainly SSA custom is wrong and ignorant...it is mainly a North African + Sahelian custom.

I dont know weather Egyptians still practise FGM but it is only Kurds in The Middle East doing such terrible things like not only Female Genital Circumcision but also incest, berdel, honor killings, domestic violance..etc

The survey/research about incest among kurds in the below link was done by KAMER (Women Center) and .

http://www.milliyet.com.tr/urkuten-aciklama---/gundem/gundemdetay/04.10.2009/1146301/default.htm
http://www.milliyet.com.tr/urkuten-aciklama---/gundem/gundemdetay/04.10.2009/1146301/default.htm

Pahli
04-07-2015, 04:59 PM
I dont know weather Egyptians still practise FGM but it is only Kurds in The Middle East doing such terrible things like not only Female Genital Circumcision but also incest, berdel, honor killings, domestic violance..etc

The survey/research about incest among kurds in the below link was done by KAMER (Women Center) and .

And such does no Turks do, stop before I die laughing at your miserable country and all the disgusting things you do too.

adsız
04-07-2015, 09:38 PM
And such does no Turks do, stop before I die laughing at your miserable country and all the disgusting things you do too.

I am sure incest is also practised by some Turks as done by other nations. But it must be under 0.0001%, not 25% as among kurdish families.
Sorry, but you kurds are disgusting creatures sleeping with your mother..!

And, that is not my saying but what the survey says.

Pahli
04-07-2015, 10:12 PM
I am sure incest is also practised by some Turks as done by other nations. But it must be above 50% for Turks, not 5% as among kurdish peasants.
Sorry, but you kurds are disgusting creatures sleeping with your mother..!

And, that is not my saying but what the survey says.

What does my mother has to do with this ... Oh the irony.

Alphawolf
04-07-2015, 10:15 PM
Guy, let's leave the mothers out of this.

adsız
04-10-2015, 02:40 PM
What does my mother has to do with this ... Oh the irony.

You are right.

I would say : "sleeping with their mother."

Sorry.

Hadouken
04-10-2015, 02:42 PM
we dont do it in Tunceli ...and I never heard of it O_o

thats all I can say

gültekin
04-10-2015, 02:48 PM
we dont do it in Tunceli ...and I never heard of it O_o

thats all I can say
because you guys are Kurdified Türkmens( because of Yavuz) and practising an semi-Tengrisist religion

Pahli
04-10-2015, 02:53 PM
because you guys are Kurdified Türkmens( because of Yavuz) and practising an semi-Tengrisist religion

Kurdified Turkmens xD

Alevism is a branch of Shia Islam, and has little to nothing with Tengrism to do.

Pahli
04-10-2015, 02:55 PM
You are right.

I would say : "sleeping with their mother."

Sorry.

Doesn't make it better, now you're just generalizing all Kurds, implying we all sleep with our mothers lol.

Hadouken
04-10-2015, 02:57 PM
Kurdified Turkmens xD

Alevism is a branch of Shia Islam, and has little to nothing with Tengrism to do.

it is funny and weird that many things that kurds do I and my people can not relate at all though

when I look at certain regions ...they look different , live different , think different , talk different etc. and I feel closer to a turk from Sakarya than to a Kurd from Iraq or whatever ....something is odd

I do think that in my homeregion Tunceli (and surrounding) the genome must be different

gültekin
04-10-2015, 02:59 PM
Kurdified Turkmens xD

except Ali thing they have not much to do with your shia , for example legal prostitution aka Nikah Mut-ah, you can fuck a persian just for one bar chocolate ,called "Mihri Bedel"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QiA9lm49LQ

adsız
04-10-2015, 02:59 PM
Kurdified Turkmens xD

Turkish Alevism has nothing to do with Shia.

Alphawolf
04-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Kurdified Turkmens xD

Just for info:

http://i.imgur.com/9Tim4SP.jpg

adsız
04-10-2015, 03:05 PM
Doesn't make it better, now you're just generalizing all Kurds, implying we all sleep with our mothers lol.

I did not say Kurds all sleep with their mothers. Survey says incest is practised in 25% of kurdish families.

Hadouken
04-10-2015, 03:06 PM
the uncle of my mom said that we/they came from Khorasan btw.

he said we came as kurds but there are no kurdish origins there as far as I know....as far as I know it was Alevi Türkmens that came from there ...I am confused ...anybody knows something about that ?

gültekin
04-10-2015, 03:11 PM

he said we came as kurds but there are no kurdish origins there as far as I know....as far as I know it was Alevi Türkmens that came from there ...I am confused ...anybody knows something about that ?
Alevi olmak için, Alevi doğman gerek bunu biliyorsun zaten. Alevilikte Türkmen icadı. sonradan örneğin Kürtlerin Alevi olabilmesi bu nedenle imkansız. sizin durumunuz ise, Yavuzdan kaçan Alevi Türkmmenler Dersim Tokat gibi dağlık yerlere sığındılar. Dersimdekiler Türkmenliklerini gizleyebilmek için Kürtçe-Zazaca konuştular, çünkü Yavuz Kürtleri Alevilere karşı kullanıyordu.

adsız
04-10-2015, 03:11 PM

It is a mistake of f*cking Yavuz Sultan Selim who co-operated with kurdish clans against Shah Ismail's Turkish Army and give them soil in Anatolia. Alevi Turkmen Shah Ismail would exterminate kurds all if Yavuz did not save them.

Hadouken
04-10-2015, 03:18 PM
Alevi olmak için, Alevi doğman gerek bunu biliyorsun zaten. Alevilikte Türkmen icadı. sonradan örneğin Kürtlerin Alevi olabilmesi bu nedenle imkansız. sizin durumunuz ise, Yavuzdan kaçan Alevi Türkmmenler Dersim Tokat gibi dağlık yerlere sığındılar. Dersimdekiler Türkmenliklerini gizleyebilmek için Kürtçe-Zazaca konuştular, çünkü Yavuz Kürtleri Alevilere karşı kullanıyordu.

cok şaşırtıcı yahu

http://media.tumblr.com/438e5732894566a8b5dcf971df5e3bd3/tumblr_inline_mjxf1aKdEw1qz4rgp.jpg

birsürü teori var

ama ne olursa olsun ...kürt olim türk olim ...kesin olan birsey var ....benim vatanim Türkiye dir

gültekin
04-10-2015, 03:19 PM
cok şaşırtıcı yahu

http://media.tumblr.com/438e5732894566a8b5dcf971df5e3bd3/tumblr_inline_mjxf1aKdEw1qz4rgp.jpg

birsürü teori var

ama ne olursa olsun ...kürt olim türk olim ...kesin olan birsey var ....benim vatanim Türkiye dir
teoriden çok mantık , sonradan Alevi olamazsın, o halde ?:)

Hadouken
04-10-2015, 03:20 PM
teoriden çok mantık , sonradan Alevi olamazsın, o halde ?:)

olunmaz derken

peki kürt olup kendini alevi olarak gösterenler olmus ola bilirmi ?

gültekin
04-10-2015, 03:23 PM
olunmaz derken

peki kürt olup kendini alevi olarak gösterenler olmus ola bilirmi ?
Alevi olabilmek için Alevi doğman gerekiyor. mümkün değil Alevi ocakları var, secere tutuyorlar. baya katı

Hadouken
04-10-2015, 03:24 PM
Alevi olabilmek için Alevi doğman gerekiyor. mümkün değil Alevi ocakları var, secere tutuyorlar. baya katı

tamamda ...alevi olmayip kendini alevi olarak gösteren kürtler olmus ola bilirmi ?

gültekin
04-10-2015, 03:28 PM
tamamda ...alevi olmayip kendini alevi olarak gösteren kürtler olmus ola bilirmi ?
niye göstersinlerki? delimi bunlar Yavuz +Kürtler fellik fellik Alevi ararken kesmek için ? Büyük bir grup halinde Aleviliğe geçip çakma bir ocak kurmaları lazımki anca, ama sanmıyorum.ben alevi değilim tam anlatamam senin büyüklere dedelere sorarsan daha iyi bilgi alırsın.

Hadouken
04-10-2015, 03:36 PM
niye göstersinlerki? delimi bunlar

bilmem :biggrin:

[
Yavuz +Kürtler fellik fellik Alevi ararken kesmek için ? Büyük bir grup halinde Aleviliğe geçip çakma bir ocak kurmaları lazımki anca, ama sanmıyorum.ben alevi değilim tam anlatamam senin büyüklere dedelere sorarsan daha iyi bilgi alırsın.

bizim orda bazileri "biz kürt degiliz" diyor ama bazileride (dedem mesela) illahi kürt oldugumuzu söylüyorlar ....yani kesin bir cevap bekleyemicem herhalde

benim kafam karisti acikcasi

epey bi zaman bizim baska kürtlerden cok farkli oldugumuzu fark ettim ve bu hep kafamda bir soru isareti birakmistir ....mesela güneydogulu kürtler taniyorum ..tipleri bizden cogu zaman farkli ve kafa olarakta farklilar ....bilemicem artik

neyse lol

Pahli
04-10-2015, 03:38 PM
It is a mistake of f*cking Yavuz Sultan Selim who co-operated with kurdish clans against Shah Ismail's Turkish Army and give them soil in Anatolia. Alevi Turkmen Shah Ismail would exterminate kurds all if Yavuz did not save them.

They were there before the Seljuqs arrived

Also discussing with you Turks makes no sense, just spewing out "incest, rape, honor killings" and all that bullshit all around the forums, no wonder why people dislike you.

Magnetic: I don't know, Khorasan houses both Turkmens but also Kurds that were re-located during Safavid times.

gültekin
04-10-2015, 03:43 PM
They were there before the Seljuqs arrived
retards pls, "there" was before the arrive of Seljuqs Christian area , any christian Kurd's around? no, just fucking NO

Pahli
04-10-2015, 03:50 PM
retards pls, "there" was before the arrive of Seljuqs Christian area , any christian Kurd's around? no, just fucking NO

Yes there was, eventually the Seljuqs made them convert to Islam :)

Pahli
04-10-2015, 03:55 PM
it is funny and weird that many things that kurds do I and my people can not relate at all though

when I look at certain regions ...they look different , live different , think different , talk different etc. and I feel closer to a turk from Sakarya than to a Kurd from Iraq or whatever ....something is odd

I do think that in my homeregion Tunceli (and surrounding) the genome must be different

Do whatever you feel like, just a shame you believe in the bullshit they spread about Kurds and other ethnicities. I respect whatever you're, Kurdish, Zaza, Turkmen or a 4th thing, but don't take their trolling and shit quality posts any serious ... And you can clearly see that the majority of the forums hate these fuckers for that reason.

gültekin
04-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Yes there was, eventually the Seljuqs made them convert to Islam :)
and they forgot the Armenians, the Christian Turkic Pechenegs and Uz's from Cappadocia and converted only the poor Kurds.
clever answer indeed

Hadouken
04-10-2015, 04:02 PM
Do whatever you feel like, just a shame you believe in the bullshit they spread about Kurds and other ethnicities. I respect whatever you're, Kurdish, Zaza, Turkmen or a 4th thing, but don't take their trolling and shit quality posts any serious ... And you can clearly see that the majority of the forums hate these fuckers.

nah ..I tell them myself that majority of kurds are not the way they claim

you also shouldnt believe that I am trying to be something that I am not ...I am just interested in knowing more about my origins ...nothing more

but I am from Turkey, born in Turkey, look Turkish , speak Turkish , grew up with Turkish friends and Tv/movies etc. , and seperating me from Turks would be nitpicking , and acting like a Kurdish Nationalist would be stupid you know ....so I think you will understand that I will feel close to Turks

that doesnt mean that I will agree with certain things they say of course ....but dont forget that you are not innocent either ....you hate on turks here regulary

Pahli
04-10-2015, 04:04 PM
nah ..I tell them myself that majority of kurds are not the way they claim

you also shouldnt believe that I am trying to be something that I am not ...I am just interested in knowing more about my origins ...nothing more

but I am from Turkey, born in Turkey, look Turkish , speak Turkish , grew up with Turkish friends and Tv/movies etc. , and seperating me from Turks would be nitpicking , and acting like a Kurdish Nationalist would be stupid you know ....so I think you will understand that I will feel close to Turks

that doesnt mean that I will agree with certain things they say of course ....but dont forget that you are not innocent either ....you hate on turks here regulary

I don't encourage people to seperate from others in a country where they make up the majority. Feel free to hang out with Turks and everything, I know good Turks here too and have hanged out with them. I hate on them here with a reason that is quite obvious. I don't really like it, but thats what happens when they think they're better than others and mock other people.

gültekin
04-25-2015, 11:55 AM
The hideous practice of female genital mutilation (FGM) is neither an exclusively Muslim nor a principally Middle Eastern phenomenon. It exists among non-Muslims through wide areas of Africa.
Iran.png

But in Iraq and Iran, FGM is mainly associated with Kurds. The Kurdish Regional Government (KRG) in Iraq, which is fighting against the terrorists of the so-called “Islamic State,” has pursued a substantive effort to eradicate FGM. As reported here, the KRG parliament introduced legislation prohibiting FGM in 2007. The law was passed in 2011 and forbade, additionally, child marriage, so-called “honor murders,” and other abuses suffered typically by women. In 2010, the KRG health ministry produced a plan to eliminate FGM and called on Islamic clergy to condemn the custom.

Last year, Thomas von der Osten-Sacken, director in Iraq of a German-based charity, WADI—the Association for Crisis Assistance and Development Cooperation—said in an interview that FGM in Iraqi Kurdistan had declined dramatically, and that measurable success in stopping FGM there could be credited to the political change that began in 1991. “Saddam Hussein lost power here back in 1991. There is a relative degree of freedom,” von der Osten-Sacken said. That freedom—and other achievements by the Iraqi Kurds—were made possible, as should be recognized, by the decision of President George H.W. Bush to impose a “no-fly zone” over Iraqi Kurdistan.

By contrast, “the existence of FGM in Iran is a well-kept secret,” according to the organization Stop FGM Middle East. On November 25, 2014, Radio Farda, the U.S.-backed Farsi-language broadcast directed to Iran, aired a 30-minute documentary on FGM under the rule of the Islamic Republic. Translated by Stop FGM Middle East, the transcript revealed yet another cruel feature of Iranian life, reinforced by the hypocrisy of the ruling clerics.

Radio Farda noted that in 2014 Iran was added, for the first time, to the global list of countries in which FGM is present. The media agency interviewed Iranian researcher Rayeyeh Mozafarian, of the University of Shiraz, who accumulated interviews on FGM between 2007 and 2009. She stated, “FGM is carried out in private houses by midwives and not by surgeons in hospitals.” FGM goes unmentioned in Iranian law, which does criminalize mutilation of the body. But Mozafarian determined, “Despite the practice being liable to prosecution, practically nobody is charged. . . . No victim files charges against her own parents.”

Mozafarian specified that FGM in Iran is concentrated in the northwestern provinces of Iranian Azerbaijan, Iranian Kurdistan, Kermanshah, and Ilam, and the Persian Gulf province of Hormozgan. She denied that FGM is a cultural problem and identified it with Islam, since, she argued, “People say that women who do not let themselves be cut are not Muslims.” But Mozafarian stipulated, “there are differences in opinion in Islam” about FGM. Women’s rights activist and lawyer Bayan Azizi, in speaking to Radio Farda, referred to these as border regions along a female-cutting “line.”

Some Iranian clerics support FGM, but exiled Iranian cleric Hassan Yousefi Eshkevari, who opposes the theocratic state and lives in Germany, disagreed with them. He informed Radio Farda, “female circumcision is not mentioned . . . in the Koran or in the Sunna or Hadiths [traditions derived from accounts of Muhammad’s oral teachings]. . . . For the past 1,400 years there was no reflection of this topic in books by Islamic scholars or clerics. It is certain that there is nothing in the Koran.”

He added, “Islam does not have an ascetic view of sexuality. . . . But unfortunately, there are such views in our religious culture. Therefore, control of the female body is important and sex and the sexual drive are seen as bad.” That is a motivation for infliction of FGM on young girls—to diminish their interest in sex, even after marriage.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/female-genital-mutilation-growing-problem-iran_824155.html
http://www.stopfgmkurdistan.org/img/logo_fgm_loop.gif

Ryujin
04-25-2015, 01:02 PM
No that's not true because Kurds fight ISIS and therefore they're westernized secular people *nods*

gültekin
04-25-2015, 01:08 PM
No that's not true because Kurds fight ISIS and therefore they're westernized secular people *nods*
westernized FGM....

Pahli
04-25-2015, 01:09 PM
Oh, you Durks must be perfect example of humankind ... how lovely :)

Ryujin
04-25-2015, 01:10 PM
westernized FGM....

Leave that to Sebahat Tuncel, she'll solve all this stuff

http://d.habervaktim.com/news/695704.jpg

Ryujin
04-25-2015, 01:13 PM
There's this fact that Kurdish female hero Leyla Zana married a man of 35 years old when she was 14

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leyla_Zana

gültekin
04-25-2015, 01:15 PM
Leave that to Sebahat Tuncel, she'll solve all this stuff

http://d.habervaktim.com/news/695704.jpg

There's this fact that Kurdish female hero Leyla Zana married a man of 35 years old when she was 14

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leyla_Zana
never heard such things by her, but some people doing desperately their best...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lidlPC_-iXQ

Pahli
04-25-2015, 01:17 PM
never heard such things by her, but some people doing desperately their best...

Keep posting the same shit over and over again, as if that is going to help the victims of FGM :)

Shqipez
04-25-2015, 01:47 PM
It's also common in Somalia and many other countries. I think we should also stop Male circumcision.

gültekin
04-25-2015, 01:49 PM
Keep posting the same shit over and over again, as if that is going to help the victims of FGM :)
be aware about this shit will help of course. how rude that such types like you try to deny and hide...
UN should take care about that

gültekin
04-25-2015, 01:50 PM
It's also common in Somalia and many other countries. I think we should also stop Male circumcision.
except some africas, in M.E only the Kurds doing this...

Ryujin
04-25-2015, 01:53 PM

I agree though male circumcision is not necessarily a regional thing, also widespread in the US and is nowhere near female circumcision as a practice recommended by WHO for health reasons.

gültekin
04-25-2015, 02:09 PM
I agree though male circumcision is not necessarily a regional thing, also widespread in the US and is nowhere near female circumcision as a practice recommended by WHO for health reasons.
you cant confuse male circumcision with female genital mutilation...

gültekin
07-07-2015, 01:31 AM
In the case of FGM, the Iraqi-German nongovernmental organization WADI estimates that around 72% of adult women in Iraqi Kurdistan have undergone the operation.
http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2015/04/iraq-kurdistan-draft-amendment-violence-women-law.html#

Pahli
07-07-2015, 10:20 AM
http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2015/04/iraq-kurdistan-draft-amendment-violence-women-law.html#

The old man didn't get his beauty sleep and is now pissed off

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4090/5072474225_315423ac70_b.jpg

I guess you never matured xD

Ctwentysevenj
07-07-2015, 12:23 PM
The only way to stop this primitive barbaric practice is education and development. How the middle east is going, that is a long off dream.

Böri
08-12-2017, 09:44 PM