PDA

View Full Version : The British origins in (Northern Spain)

SilverKnight
06-05-2010, 02:34 PM
i just found this video online , pretty interesting. Anyways the song gives me good shivers :D.

psgzAwA0nAw

Amapola
06-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Tut tut tut :D bad spelling and bad selection of basques' pictures...
although Julen Guerrero (1:55) was my platonic teenage love :love: for a few years :D

Treffie
06-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Not Oppenheimer's theory again. It's so outdated. :(

Everyone knows that the Celtic languages weren't the original languages of Britain :confused:

Lol @ the bad spelling. :D

Sahson
06-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Ken can you please care to expand how it is outdated. I personally think that Irish, Cornish, and Welsh coming from north spain, and west france is very possible.

Great Dane
06-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Wasn't Western Europe repopulated by peoples from what is now Spain & Portugal at the end of the last ice age? Though this predates, by millenniums, the emergence of a Basque, Spanish, British or English ethnic identity.

Äike
06-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Wasn't Western Europe repopulated by peoples from what is now Spain & Portugal at the end of the last ice age? Though this predates, by millenniums, the emergence of a Basque, Spanish, British or English ethnic identity.

By some theories, Basques used to inhabit entire Western-Europe, until the Indo-Europeans came.

Genetics seems to prove this. Welsh people and Basques are genetically quite similar for some reason.

SilverKnight
06-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Here is a song by Carlos Nuñez he is from Galicia, it has some celtic influence, sounds very Irish in a way..

MKqAsNgH05c

Great Dane
06-05-2010, 08:49 PM
By some theories, Basques used to inhabit entire Western-Europe, until the Indo-Europeans came.

Genetics seems to prove this. Welsh people and Basques are genetically quite similar for some reason.
Aren't the Basque and Welsh European? Or are they the American Indians of Europe? Not that I'm insinuating they are Indian but that their situation is similar, if they are not European.

Ibericus
06-06-2010, 03:19 AM
Aren't the Basque and Welsh European? Or are they the American Indians of Europe? Not that I'm insinuating they are Indian but that their situation is similar, if they are not European.
Indo-europeans were also european, according to the Kurgan theory

Ibericus
06-06-2010, 03:21 AM
Yes. And that's why the mtDNA H1, H3, V which are original from Iberia, are so frequent in Europe

Beorn
06-06-2010, 03:34 AM
Aren't the Basque and Welsh European?

The Welsh are just as English as the English.

It's not unusual to have English genes at anytime...duh duh duh duh...It's not unusual to be English...it's not a crime... duh-duh-de-duh...but when I see you hanging about with Plaid Cymru... it's not unusual to see me cry: "You're English".

Äike
06-06-2010, 10:59 AM

Aren't the Basques, European? Because they're not Indo-European?

Treffie
06-06-2010, 11:04 AM
The Welsh are just as English as the English.

It's not unusual to have English genes at anytime...duh duh duh duh...It's not unusual to be English...it's not a crime... duh-duh-de-duh...but when I see you hanging about with Plaid Cymru... it's not unusual to see me cry: "You're English".

Lol. Unfortunately Dave, language and culture has a lot to differentiate you and me from each other. We're both British you fool - it's just that you lack the ability to speak the Language of Heaven (http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/welsh_language/71964) :p

You fool! :lol00002:

Osweo
06-06-2010, 01:49 PM
A fool, sure, but I'd still love to see a recording of that song. :D