PDA

View Full Version : Lukas Podolski does NOT deserve to play for Team Deutschland

Eldritch
06-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Row breaks out over German national anthem

BILD reveals which players sing and which stay silent

A row has broken out over whether Germany's World Cup stars should be forced to sing the national anthems before games.

All eyes will be on the players’ lips ahead of the last warm up against Bosnia on Thursday at 8.30pm. Just six players sang before the last international.

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/PICTURES/sport/2010/06/2010-06-02-german-national-anthem-players-singing-loew/podolski-16345628-mfbq,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height= 349.jpg<--- not German

Speaking to BILD, Franz Beckenbauer demanded: “All should be singing the anthem, it gives you quite a different attitude. I led the sing along in 1984 as team coach.”

But current German coach Jogi Loew - who said: "I like to sing the along to the anthem" – has refused to make it compulsory for his players.

Löw told BILD yesterday: "I spoke with some of the players about it recently. One thing is clear – we’re happy if as many players sing along as possible, but we won’t force anyone to do so.

Löw meant that many of his squad members were born in Germany but have roots in other countries, including Lukas Podolski whose family comes from Poland, Mesut Özil and Serdar Tasci (Turkey), Sami Khedira (Tunisia), Jerome Boateng (father from Ghana) or Dennis Aogo (father from Nigeria).

Their hearts also feel for another country – and so they pass on singing the anthem.

Khedira: "Everyone needs to decide for themselves.”

[This I agree with. It's a decision on whether you consider yourself a German or not. If not, you should not be on the team. It's that simple.]

Löw shows understanding. "Many were born in Germany, but their whole family was not. That can then be difficult for them with the anthem."

Per Mertesacker, a member of the player's council, said: "Everyone has to decide for himself. I always sing the anthem, it's an emotional moment.”

Thomas Müller: "I have always sung along. You should show involvement.”

Bastian Schweinsteiger: "I think it's important the fans sing the anthem too. It focuses me on the game. I’m proud to play for Germany.”

Link. (http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/sport-news/football/world-cup-2010-south-africa/06/02/loew-vs-beckenbauer/row-breaks-out-over-german-national-anthem.html)

Wotan88
06-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Lukas Podolski does NOT deserve to play for Team Deutschland

I wouldn't cry, if he could play for Poland. :D

Eldritch
06-05-2010, 09:15 PM
I wouldn't cry, if he could play for Poland. :D

If he feels more Polish than German, then he should. That's the whole point.

Sarmata
06-05-2010, 09:19 PM
[SIZE="3"] [B]Mesut Özil and Serdar Tasci (Turkey), Sami Khedira (Tunisia), Jerome Boateng (father from Ghana) or Dennis Aogo (father from Nigeria).

[B]Their hearts also feel for another country – and so they pass on singing the anthem.

So give us Podolski back, it seems like Germany have really good quintet:D

hajduk
06-05-2010, 09:28 PM
There's no pride in football anymore

Jarl
06-05-2010, 09:51 PM
So give us Podolski back, it seems like Germany have really good quintet:D

And Klose too! The Heimat will surely give them a warm reception! :)

Murphy
06-05-2010, 10:24 PM
With all that is fucked up and wrong in this world, in our countries.. we complain about foreigners on a football team? That's fucking pathetic.

Eldritch
06-05-2010, 10:33 PM
With all that is fucked up and wrong in this world, in our countries.. we complain about foreigners on a football team? That's fucking pathetic.

Are you also of the opinion that we should stop trying to find a cure for cancer, since after all people die of other causes too?

RoyBatty
06-05-2010, 10:38 PM
It doesn't make any sense. If players have a problem with singing the national anthem then obviously they shouldn't be playing for the national team. Send the niggers and polacks home where they belong.

Sol Invictus
06-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Are you also of the opinion that we should stop trying to find a cure for cancer, since after all people die of other causes too?

No but the difference is with our entertainment saturated culture you would think it was a terminal illness to have foreigners on a sports team. More important things to worry about than what's on television.

RoyBatty
06-05-2010, 10:40 PM

OK, why don't you set an example for us all and quit the forum instead of whining on it so that you can focus your efforts on fixing the world. :thumb001:

Jarl
06-05-2010, 10:45 PM
It doesn't make any sense. If players have a problem with singing the national anthem then obviously they shouldn't be playing for the national team. Send the niggers and polacks home where they belong.

Cry baby cry, mommy USSR will change the nappies...

RoyBatty
06-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Polack Polack Polack Polack Polack Polack Polack Polack Polack Polack Polack Polack Polack Polack Polack Polack Polack Polack Polack Polack grnwer&*()^£$*(&$&^£) asdfkjl9087()£*&$£("*$&()

You say something village idiot?

Eldritch
06-05-2010, 10:51 PM
No but the difference is with our entertainment saturated culture you would think it was a terminal illness to have foreigners on a sports team. More important things to worry about than what's on television.

Well first of all, if taken to its logical conclusion, this would lead us to debate which topics are worthy of discussion, and which ones aren't, with only one, ostensibly the most important one of them all, remaining in the end.

Second, this is about a national sports team. A national sports team with foreigners in it is an oxymoron -- like a rectangular triangle or whatever. No, it isn't as serious as a terminal disease, but it still is an affront to common sense and to anyone who still thinks nation states mean something.

That the event is broadcast on television is incidental -- the stadium does not seat half a billion (or whatever) people. ;)

Amapola
06-05-2010, 11:04 PM
No lyrics, no problem. Thank God, because in our case it would be certainly "catastrophic" ...!

Jarl
06-05-2010, 11:10 PM
You say something village idiot?

Boil you Bolshevik-wannabe faggot, boil!

Eldritch
06-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Boil you Bolshevik-wannabe faggot, boil!

Is that really necessary?

Beorn
06-06-2010, 03:29 AM
Who cares about who sings what national anthem? The England teams throughout the years have given us some great examples of Lions bursting lungs whilst wearing a football kit, to the lions wearing a football kit and saving the lungs for the 90mins plus ahead on the pitch.

To this day I will never forget the likes of Stuart Pearce or Tony Adams singing as if the Queen herself was watching ... although I could well expect they sang because their own mothers were watching, but not to matter. The men who sing the loudest are not often the ones with the greatest pride. Just as the loudest men are not often the ones you have to watch in a fight.

eWBR_W1gKDw
Yr__-KqnfQM

And there are some English that want to change the anthem to that of Jerusalem :rolleyes: Have you ever heard the English singing it?

Mumble mumble mumble...till we have built Jerusalem, mumble mumble mumble....

As compared to:

GOD SAVE OUR GRACIOUS QUEEN. LONG LIVE OUR NOBLE QUEEN. GOD SAVE OUR QUEEN ... no surrender ... SEND HER VICTORIOUS. HAPPY GLORIOUS. LONG TO REIGN OVER US. GOD SAVE OUR QUEEN.

Svanhild
06-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Those of our national team who don't want to sing should leave the team at once. Foreigners don't belong in our team. At least Klose sings the anthem even though he has some Silesian and Polish roots. But he's proud to be German. Podolski isn't. Remember World Cup 2006 when Podolski shot a goal against Poland and refused to rejoice over it.

Fortunately we have some good German-blooded players in our team: Neuer, Badstuber, Müller, Lahm, Mertesacker, Schweinsteiger, Friedrich, Jansen and Kießling. Most of them sing the anthem.

Yr__-KqnfQM

Remember England vs. Germany in England 1996? Penalties...and who won? :laugh:

V54lHXXzs6I

Saruman
06-06-2010, 04:18 PM
I think it should be expected from the players to sing their anthem. Especially in the case of Podolski as he can that way make his allegiance with Germany more firm, however that link does not appear to be as strong as it should be.

Sahson
06-06-2010, 05:54 PM
I think the case with podolski is he has a detached sense of pride with Germany, and is on the German team probably to gain greater success. I myself know what its like not to have a sense of pride.

I have very little sense of being British. I have a strong pride in the European Union, and associate to that more then UK. I envy people who do have that sense of pride and belonging though.

I agree it is nice to have a sense of belonging and pride. I remember when I was young, my school had this day called International Day, since my school had over 75 different nationalities. each classroom had a nation room.

I remember going to the Irish, Swiss, and French, and was intrigued by the culture. I have to say I don't have a sense of pride for the UK, and if I had a sense of pride for another nation, i would no doubt say I was from that nation instead. :)

I also think you would play better if your heart is filled with pride. Its not just another football club, its for country.

Jarl
06-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Those of our national team who don't want to sing should leave the team at once. Foreigners don't belong in our team. At least Klose sings the anthem even though he has some Silesian and Polish roots. But he's proud to be German.

He speaks Polish at home and his wife is Polish. How do you know he consideres himself German? Not to mention he's "proud" of that?

Jarl
06-06-2010, 09:50 PM
And why is only Podolski blamed??? Many others do not sing German anthem either. Trochowski, Ozil, Khedira, Boateng...

They were bought by the German clubs and why should they do something against their conscience? Playing for Germany does not mean becoming a German, least a German patriot.

Osweo
06-06-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm disgusted with those who don't sing. Just recite the bleeding words if you don't want to blast them out like Pavarotti. :mad:

I myself know what its like not to have a sense of pride.

I have very little sense of being British. I have a strong pride in the European Union, and associate to that more then UK. I envy people who do have that sense of pride and belonging though.

I agree it is nice to have a sense of belonging and pride.
You baffle me. You really want to sort yourself out. Perhaps it's all just through ignorance? Start investigating what it is to be English, for fuck's sake.

Jarl
06-06-2010, 09:55 PM
I have very little sense of being British. I have a strong pride in the European Union, and associate to that more then UK.

I have to say I don't have a sense of pride for the UK, and if I had a sense of pride for another nation, i would no doubt say I was from that nation instead. :)

That is quite baffling indeed :confused:

Are you really English/Welsh/Scottish? Australian?

Eldritch
06-06-2010, 09:58 PM
I have a strong pride in the European Union, and associate to that more then UK. I envy people who do have that sense of pride and belonging though.

The European Union of Soviet Stalinist Republics is deeply anti-nationalist tho (if that's even a proper term).

Majar
06-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Do you want a Polak, Arabs, black Africans and Turks to sing about deutsches Vaterland? The absurdity of it all (multiculturalism) has to enter into the minds of a lot of people when they watch such a thing.

Jarl
06-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Do you want a Polak, Arabs, black Africans and Turks to sing about deutsches Vaterland? The absurdity of it all (multiculturalism) has to enter into the minds of a lot of people when they watch such a thing.

Exactly! There is some ambiguity in that. On one hand there is a lot of fuss about foreigners becoming/posing as rightful citizens too easily, but then ppl are getting pissed off if Podolski and co. does not sing the German anthem? WTH? Singing the national anthem is not some theatrical mask or a void gesture. Anthem should be respected and sung from the heart.

The whole mixing up of football and patriotism is ridiculous. McPatriotism for the masses.

Equinox
06-06-2010, 11:29 PM
GOD SAVE OUR GRACIOUS QUEEN. LONG LIVE OUR NOBLE QUEEN. GOD SAVE OUR QUEEN ... no surrender ... SEND HER VICTORIOUS. HAPPY GLORIOUS. LONG TO REIGN OVER US. GOD SAVE OUR QUEEN.

Ought they also sing this if the individual in question is agnostic, atheist or polytheist? Or can such people not rightfully be English?

Osweo
06-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Ought they also sing this if the individual in question is agnostic, atheist or polytheist? Or can such people not rightfully be English?
People whose -isms are more important to them than centuries of tradition can take a running jump off the nearest cliff when it comes to such matters as national anthems. I'd change it, but it's not changed yet, so prigs can like it or lump it.

Beorn
06-07-2010, 12:51 AM
Ought they also sing this if the individual in question is agnostic, atheist or polytheist?

Whether they agree with the words or not, it is still the anthem of their nation.

In the commonwealth games the English team will now sing along to the hymn Jerusalem. Many wish for this to be the national anthem of England, but I do not because I don't want to sing about Jerusalem; I want to sing about my love for England ... but, if the song was to become the anthem of England I will sing it with just as much pride and passion.

Or can such people not rightfully be English?

Singing or not singing the national anthem does not define your national identity. Did I state that it did?

Sahson
06-07-2010, 01:39 AM
I'm disgusted with those who don't sing. Just recite the bleeding words if you don't want to blast them out like Pavarotti. :mad:

You baffle me. You really want to sort yourself out. Perhaps it's all just through ignorance? Start investigating what it is to be English, for fuck's sake.

I'm completing a major History. However to be frank, if I ever went back home to England I would not receive all the beneficiaries of being British, in fact I'd have to pay international fees to go to university, despite being British.

Never the less I am aware of my history. my maternal side has been in Sheffield for a long time. I know of the kingdom of Jorvik, the celts, Queen mary of scots, King henry the VII, the hundred years war, and so on.

I specialize in South-East Asian, and Italian history though... The major factor is that I have lived in the UK for 3 years, and that was during my childhood, the rest I have spent living overseas.

That is quite baffling indeed :confused:

Are you really English/Welsh/Scottish? Australian?

I am of English, and Irish descent. I also have some French, and Belgium in my ancestry too.

Osweo
06-07-2010, 02:33 AM
I'm completing a major History. However to be frank, if I ever went back home to England I would not receive all the beneficiaries of being British, in fact I'd have to pay international fees to go to university, despite being British.
If such mercenary thoughts are the first to come to mind for you, we might be better off without you.

Never the less I am aware of my history. my maternal side has been in Sheffield for a long time. I know of the kingdom of Jorvik, the celts, Queen mary of scots, King henry the VII, the hundred years war, and so on.
You've got some weird ideas about capitalisation. Are you sure you're at university?!? :eek:

The major factor is that I have lived in the UK for 3 years, and that was during my childhood, the rest I have spent living overseas.
No excuse.

... I travelled among unknown men,
In lands beyond the sea.
Nor, England, did I know till then,
What love I bore to Thee.

Living away from it can even help in idealising England in your heart and mind, free from the demoralising sights of her present state. Eeee, I give up on you! :(

Sahson
06-07-2010, 03:02 AM
If such mercenary thoughts are the first to come to mind for you, we might be better off without you.

Yes, probably so, because Britain seems to be in a rather dire state. Photographers has minimal rights, transportation is average, the weather is well not my cup of tea, not to mention the people in my grandparents area aren't the most civilized.

Living away from it can even help in idealising England in your heart and mind, free from the demoralising sights of her present state. Eeee, I give up on you! :(

I just don't see it, unless England was still the empire that it once was. Where's our national costumes? What makes you today so proud to be English?

Osweo
06-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Photographers has minimal rights,
:rolleyes2:

transportation is average,
:confused: Great reason to scorn millennia of your ancestors, that.

the weather is well not my cup of tea,
You even talk English!

not to mention the people in my grandparents area aren't the most civilized.
They can't be worse than those of my grandparents' areas. And yet I'm not thinking like you.

I just don't see it, unless England was still the empire that it once was.
You are standing on Anglicised soil right now. Just because the political situation has shifted, this is still not changed. Whatever it was that was IN those Englishmen that achieved that, is not totally lost today. The 'raw materials' are still here. We just await, and strive for, better circumstances.

Where's our national costumes? What makes you today so proud to be English?
THe whole world wears our national costumes. And if anyone can sum up their national pride in a few offhand sentences on an internet forum, I'd be suspicious of the true depth of his feeling. THis isn't something easily put into words - it should be deeply visceral.

Perhaps it would be best after all, if you just concentrated on being the best damn AUSTRALIAN you can be, if you don't feel it. Perhaps your kids will feel differently. :shrug:

Treffie
06-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Yes, probably so, because Britain seems to be in a rather dire state. Photographers has minimal rights, transportation is average, the weather is well not my cup of tea, not to mention the people in my grandparents area aren't the most civilized.

I just don't see it, unless England was still the empire that it once was. Where's our national costumes? What makes you today so proud to be English?

You seem to be a little confused, one minute you mention Britain as a sterile, cultureless entity. On the other hand you assume that England is Britain. You're mistaken on both accounts, there's a huge amount of culture in all parts of Britain, it's just that you've never looked.

Guess what national costume this is?

Osweo
06-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Guess what national costume this is?

KEN is dressed like that, right now. He fought several long hard legal battles to get his wicked chauvinist employers to accept it. Good on him! :thumb001:

Treffie
06-07-2010, 02:58 PM
KEN is dressed like that, right now. He fought several long hard legal battles to get his wicked chauvinist employers to accept it. Good on him! :thumb001:

No, I work for an Equal Opportunities Employer! :p

Beorn
06-07-2010, 03:37 PM
English National Dress (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2902)

The above is only a proposed costume with which to adopt. Whilst the English do not have a national costume as such, they certainly have created and exported many costumes. An example being the kilt now beloved by the Scottish.

The English have always been a regional grouping of people, and this is displayed by the myriad of county folk costumes.

A few examples would be London with its Pearly Kings and Queens.

http://www.the-old-sea-dog.net/uk21/1.jpg

or the many costumes of the Mummers and Morris dancers (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6795).

http://www.freewebs.com/carreg-las/upton-2007b.jpg

England, and the English, have so much culture to be proud of.

Liffrea
06-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Daguerreo
Where's our national costumes?

Thankfully “fakelore” never took off in England. There is the John Steed look:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll54/Liffrea66/johnsteed.jpg

If I had enough money to be an eccentric rather than a weirdo I would dress like that or in tweed, probably have an iron brim fitted into the bowler like Odd Job in the filem.

With the English universally despised and ridiculed (mostly by other Englishmen) we have the benefit that no sod ever saw a money making opportunity in Englishness, meaning that those with an interest in English folklore can arrive at more organic structures.

Back on the topic if it was God Save the Queen I could well understand, utter dross and likely to send anyone to sleep, probably the reason England are so crap at football, we are that numbed by listening to that dribble. If it was me I would have Land of Hope and Glory or I Vow to Thee My Country.

Wotan88
06-07-2010, 04:13 PM

Polak? We are called Poles, okay? :mad:

Eldritch
06-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Polak? We are called Poles, okay? :mad:

Don't worry dude. You should be proud. I was every time Whores called me a "tsuhna". :cool:

Sarmata
06-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Those of our national team who don't want to sing should leave the team at once. Foreigners don't belong in our team. At least Klose sings the anthem even though he has some Silesian and Polish roots. But he's proud to be German. Podolski isn't. Remember World Cup 2006 when Podolski shot a goal against Poland and refused to rejoice over it.

But he did his job right? Why do you want to he must be pround to be German ? He isnt becouse he is not ethnical German...If you dont want him give him us back...

http://i49.tinypic.com/2lad9xu.jpg

Fortunately we have some good German-blooded players in our team: Neuer, Badstuber, Müller, Lahm, Mertesacker, Schweinsteiger, Friedrich, Jansen and Kießling. Most of them sing the anthem.

I wish you luck(really;), Im always a fan of European teams) but its not to much against Spain, Netherlands or Argentina...

Svanhild
06-07-2010, 05:17 PM
He speaks Polish at home and his wife is Polish. How do you know he consideres himself German? Not to mention he's "proud" of that?He said it in an interview. And that he sings or at least mumbles the anthem is visible. He's not entirely Polish. :wink Same goes for Podolski. They have German family parts.

Playing for Germany does not mean becoming a German, least a German patriot.
Such thinking is wrong and sounds just like an other bad joke of yours. To be able to play for the German team you need a German passport. To gain the German passport you have to plead allegiance on your new home country. That's the act of naturalization.

People who don't feel and think German don't deserve to play in our team. Truth be told, I'd kick them out. All of them. Better losing in the quarter finals with an all German team than winning the World Cup with pathetic immigrants like Podolski. But the fact remains that the majority of the German starting line-up is biologically German. We don't have French circumstances.

The Black Prince
06-07-2010, 05:52 PM
^Silly Germans, don't you understand.. wether Podolski is with you or not, if you meet the Dutch team your adventure is over.;)

xxShIJY65J4

Jarl
06-07-2010, 06:09 PM
He said it in an interview. And that he sings or at least mumbles the anthem is visible. He's not entirely Polish. :wink Same goes for Podolski. They have German family parts.

Well... Having German ancestry is nothing extraordinary in Silesia. In fact a certain proportion of all Poles had a few Germans in their pedigrees. Anyway, he said he is careful and would not like to be considered as either German or just Polish. He also said that choosing German representation at the cost of Polish was a "hard decision that took lot of time", however German team made it "easier to achieve better results, which would have been harder with the Polish team"... I guess he is a good example of people born in mixed Silesia, although he's definitely leaning more to German identity than Podolski.

bgKvvbQW1Js

Svanhild
06-07-2010, 07:41 PM
^Silly Germans, don't you understand.. wether Podolski is with you or not, if you meet the Dutch team your adventure is over.;)

The Dutch will fail before they meet the German team. :wink Robben is injured, no one knows if he can play. And even if he can play he won't reach 100% of his performance.

Germany is a Turniermannschaft. We don't have excellent superstars or technical geniuses. Other teams are better on an individual level (Argentinia, Italy) but we always compensate that with Kampfgeist/fighting spirit, determination and penalty shoot-outs.

"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes, and at the end the Germans always win."

Gary Lineker, legendary English player

Amapola
06-08-2010, 11:42 AM
In Spain, it's said Germany is a team "with oficio", meaning that.

Freomæg
06-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Players now want the prestige of playing international football. For many it's got nothing to do with representing your country. I think more than half of the England team are not truly English. A non-Englishman would never play for free, whilst many Englishmen would. That's the difference.

Svanhild
06-08-2010, 04:05 PM
In Spain, it's said Germany is a team "with oficio", meaning that.
What's oficio?

Sahson
06-08-2010, 04:18 PM
What's oficio?

In my language it means Craft. My language is quite similar to Spanish and Portuguese.

Amapola
06-08-2010, 09:30 PM
What's oficio?

Something like "work, job, trade"...

Osweo
06-09-2010, 02:45 AM
In my language it means Craft. My language is quite similar to Spanish and Portuguese.
Que? And what language might that be?!? :confused:

poiuytrewq0987
06-09-2010, 03:39 AM

I agree, who likes Polacks? They're the biggest sore losers in the entire world.

Woltlab
06-09-2010, 03:53 AM
Why would german nationalists go to cheers for a team full of foreigners? :rolleyes:

It's supportive for the immigration too, suckers

Wotan88
06-09-2010, 10:08 AM
I agree, who likes Polacks? They're the biggest sore losers in the entire world.

Blow it out your ass! :coffee:

Zyklop
06-12-2010, 08:12 PM
bgKvvbQW1JsHe couldn't sing the national anthem out of pure stupidity anyway.
The hynm of the FRG is just a crippled version of the original Deutschlandlied. Only the third stanza is offficial now.

Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält.
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt,
|: Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt! :|

Germany, Germany above all,
Above all in the world,
When, for protection and defence, it always
takes a brotherly stand together.
From the Meuse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meuse_River) to the Memel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neman_River),
From the Adige (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adige) to the Belt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Belt),
|: Germany, Germany above everything,
Above everything in the world. :|

Second stanza
Deutsche Frauen, deutsche Treue,
Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang
Sollen in der Welt behalten
Ihren alten schönen Klang,
Und zu edler Tat begeistern
Unser ganzes Leben lang.
|: Deutsche Frauen, deutsche Treue,
Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang! :|

German women, German loyalty (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalty),
German wine and German song
Shall retain in the world
Their old beautiful chime
And inspire us to noble deeds
During all of our life.
|: German women, German loyalty,
German wine and German song! :|

Third stanza
(Germany's National Anthem) Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
Für das deutsche Vaterland!
Danach lasst uns alle streben
Brüderlich mit Herz und Hand!
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
Sind des Glückes Unterpfand;
|: Blüh' im Glanze dieses Glückes,
Blühe, deutsches Vaterland. :|

Unity and justice and freedom
For the German fatherland!
For these let us all strive
Brotherly with heart and hand!
Unity and justice and freedom
Are the pledge of fortune;
|: Flourish in this fortune's blessing,
Flourish, German fatherland. :|

On 7 March 1990, months before reunification (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_reunification), the Constitutional Court declared only the third stanza of Hoffmann von Fallersleben's poem to be protected as a national anthem under criminal law; Section 90a of the Criminal Code (Strafgesetzbuch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafgesetzbuch)) makes defamation of the national anthem a crime, but does not specify what the national anthem is.

Jarl
06-12-2010, 08:15 PM
He couldn't sing the national anthem out of pure stupidity anyway.

He's definitely more outspoken than Klose ;)

2aHEW2h8JFE

The hynm of the FRG is just a crippled version of the original Deutschlandlied. Only the third stanza is offficial now.

German wine and German song

...and German women! ummmmmmmmyeah! :D

Wotan88
06-12-2010, 08:35 PM
...and German women! ummmmmmmmyeah!

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3062/ayfkm.jpg

Jarl
06-12-2010, 08:36 PM
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3062/ayfkm.jpg

LOL! :D

German women like German song (or wine), huh? :P

Zyklop
06-12-2010, 08:49 PM
lol @ the goofy Polack attempt to sound alluring.

spearofperun
06-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Blow it out your ass! :coffee:

best to ignore hippo here. he claims or writes hes serbian yet he opened a thread saying how serbians are iranians and arabs. the dude i think has bipolarity or an identity crisis.

Jarl
06-12-2010, 08:58 PM
best to ignore hippo here. he claims or writes hes serbian yet he opened a thread saying how serbians are iranians and arabs. the dude i think has bipolarity or an identity crisis.

Once he claims he's Bulgarian (whom he's not), then Macedonian, then Serbian! WTF is he? Someone do a 23andme test on him ;)

spearofperun
06-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Once he claims he's Bulgarian (whom he's not), then Macedonian, then Serbian! WTF is he? Someone do a 23andme test on him ;)

23andme test no man he needs to see a psychologist thats the only thing to help him haha

But seriously i dont think gene testing would help as all three are way to similar he could claim to be any of them even with a test.

Jarl
06-12-2010, 09:06 PM
But seriously i dont think gene testing would help as all three are way to similar he could claim to be any of them even with a test.

That's if he actually IS one of those three and not for instance... a Pygmy.

poiuytrewq0987
06-15-2010, 10:33 AM

Don't worry, like I said before, I still love you. Now, Perun on the other hand...