PDA

View Full Version : Is it a good idea for me to have a ww2 soviet propaganda poster as a avatar on this site

James David Caulton
03-05-2015, 05:10 PM
just wondering as I like Collecting Soviet and German WW2 posters would it be wise to change it

Svipdag
03-06-2015, 01:22 AM
I would say that it depends on the particular poster. If it is merely pro-USSR or or pro-German, I don't see why it should offend anybody. If it is blatantly anti-Semitic or anti-American, it might bother some members, though, if the date were prominently displayed, it ought not to. I'd say "Go ahead". I you get complaints about it, THEN you could always change it.

Trogdor
03-06-2015, 01:46 AM
It may be best to ask an admin about this. As the previous user said, it probably depends on what it's a poster of (like being anti-Semitic or anti-American). The message it conveys might not be well received with other members so it depends. :shrug:

James David Caulton
03-06-2015, 11:15 PM
I would say that it depends on the particular poster. If it is merely pro-USSR or or pro-German, I don't see why it should offend anybody. If it is blatantly anti-Semitic or anti-American, it might bother some members, though, if the date were prominently displayed, it ought not to. I'd say "Go ahead". I you get complaints about it, THEN you could always change it.

If it where soviet would I get some anti Bolshevik comments aimed at me considering the nature of the site

Linebacker
03-06-2015, 11:36 PM
Its not against any rules to use any sort of propaganda even if it is offensive.Freedom of expression is one of your human rights.