PDA

View Full Version : Indian bride dumps groom because he is too dumb

Ctwentysevenj
03-14-2015, 07:57 AM
By Neville Lazarus, Asia Producer

A bride in India walked away from her wedding minutes before she was due to marry because the groom could not add up.

Relatives of the couple had gathered together at the wedding venue and preparations had begun in Kanpur Dehat, in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh.

But the bride was suspicious of groom Ram Baran's apparent qualifications and her cousin tested him out with the question: What is 15 plus six?

He replied: "17". The answer, in case you're having a tough day, is 21.

That, as far as the bride was concerned, was that.

She left the scene just when as the wedding was about to be solemnised, saying she could not marry an uneducated person.

Her father Mohar Singh said: "Any class one student must be able to solve the simple problem asked by us.

"The family of the groom had kept us in the dark about the youth's qualifications.

"It was a very embarrassing situation for all of us as we had come with all preparations and it was a matter of social prestige as well.

"We have been cheated."

The groom's family tried to persuade her into going ahead with the ceremony but she would not agree.

Eventually, local police were brought in to mediate and presents and jewellery that had been exchanged before the wedding were all returned.

This is not the first bride in India who has called off a wedding because she expected more of her man.

Anita Narian, 23, from Betul in Madhya Pradesh, rejected her husband's home because there was no toilet.

She told him she could only live with him when he built a lavatory, which he subsequently did.

The Indian government later gave her £7,500 for making a stand.

The government in 2012 introduced a No Toilet, No Bride campaign, telling men's families to build toilets before marrying off their sons.

Almost half the population have to go to the loo in the open because they have no toilet facilities and Prime Minister Narendra Modi has even spoken out about the issue as part of his Clean India campaign.

Women who do not have private toilet facilities face a security risk while venturing out in the early morning or late at night, with reports of women being assaulted or raped while out searching for somewhere to go to the lavatory.

zhaoyun
03-14-2015, 07:58 AM
An arranged marriage was the dumbfuck's only chance.

Mortimer
03-14-2015, 07:59 AM
indians seems to have problems (like no toiletts) but they have a good attitude, they encourage eatch other through such campaigns to built toiletts and also educate themselfes, narendra modi is cool for introducing a clean india campagaign i hope it bears fruits in the future

StonyArabia
03-15-2015, 03:53 AM
Arranged marriages are stupid in many ways. funny story though

♥ Lily ♥
03-15-2015, 04:10 AM
It's a humorous article, although laced with a little sadness that their love was over due to her grooms poor arithmetic ability.
It's understandable about the toilet situation, but if two people truly love each other, they could find a way around this until they're able to afford a new home.

http://i.picasion.com/resize79/7f4f4cb288012af72fa2aa78d90ee9fb.gif

Velda
03-15-2015, 10:22 AM
Women who do not have private toilet facilities face a security risk while venturing out in the early morning or late at night, with reports of women being assaulted or raped while out searching for somewhere to go to the lavatory.

I wouldn't have married such a man either. An uneducated person is not able to find a job. How should he financially support his family in the future? There won't be a chance for "love", if they would have arguments because of money and the necessity to own a toilet.
However: Concerning the risk of being raped, why dont they use a dirt bucket in the early morning or night, and clean it later, if they have to relieve themselves?

silver_surfer
03-15-2015, 12:22 PM
Arranged marriages are stupid in many ways. funny story though

I think arrange marriages are good. In arranged marriages, families tend to play a larger role. Its cultural here in India and my Mom and Dad were arrange married. Part of relationship is about finding someone who is compatible, but a lot of it is maintaining what you have and try to find the good in the other person, and make a living out of it. And because in our culture of arrange marriage we can't easily say "I'm breaking up with you", whenever we fight, we learned to work through them. The freedom of western relationship often cause more problems because sometimes people will think "I can just go find someone better instead of dealing with you", when dealing is a big part of a healthy relationship. In our culture where arranged marriage is a norm, divorce is widely frowned upon and marriage vows are taken seriously. Divorce is often regarded as somewhat devaluing especially for females in India.

I wouldn't have married such a man either. An uneducated person is not able to find a job. How should he financially support his family in the future? There won't be a chance for "love", if they would have arguments because of money and the necessity to own a toilet.
However: Concerning the risk of being raped, why don't they use a dirt bucket in the early morning or night, and clean it later, if they have to relieve themselves?

What is dirt bucket? I searched on google before asking and didn't find anything relevant to the toilets.