PDA

View Full Version : It ain't easy when you're a 'Slim: Danish pop star Medina

Eldritch
06-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Muslim teens enraged by pop star’s name

Muslim teens at a Copenhagen concert threw eggs at pop icon who shares a name with a holy city of Islam

It must have seemed like a good idea at the time. Denmark’s answer to Lady Gaga, decided to put on a free concert in the southern Copenhagen suburb of Ishøj, home to one of Denmark’s largest minority communities.

But Medina, whose real name is Andrea Fuentealba Valbak, didn’t get to sing more than a few notes before a hail of eggs began to rain down upon the stage.

The perpetrators, reports tabloid B.T., were a gang of between 10 and 20 youngsters [:rolleyes2:] between the ages of 14 and 17 all ‘with an immigrant background’.

Their reason for attacking the songstress? Apart from taking exception to Medina’s hot pants and sexually suggestive song lyrics, it appears that the gang were provoked by the singer’s stage name which is also coincidentally the name of the second holiest city in Islam and the burial place of the Prophet Mohammed.

With the backing of most of the 3,000 strong audience, Medina ripped into the trouble-makers and told them that their behaviour was disrupting the concert for everyone else. But the strain took its toll, and the pop star ended up leaving the stage in tears.

Medina made no public comment after the aborted concert but her manager told B.T. that Medina is a common in Chile, where the singer’s father originates.

Her official Facebook page received hundreds of messages of support in the wake of the egg attack, and Medina was also defended by Conservative MP Naser Khader.

In his blog, Khader – who has previously described himself as a moderate Muslim – wrote that ‘he gets just as angry as the singer when a tiny minority of troublemakers with misogynist beliefs use infantile or violent means to highlight their point of view and ruin things for everyone else’.

Link. (http://www.cphpost.dk/news/local/87-local/49188-muslim-teens-enraged-by-pop-stars-name.html)

Is it possible? A voice of sanity from a European Muslim politician?

For his sake I hope he's got the bodyguards, armored cars, undisclosed locations thing set up.

Let's hope they never hear Tone Loc's "Funky Cold Medina" -- if they do they'll probably burn the whole continent to the ground.

A video of the incident here. (http://www.bt.dk/bttv/clip/44/10568)

http://www.nadiaheartsmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/medina.jpg

3Q8X1-eXcq0

SwordoftheVistula
06-11-2010, 05:01 AM
It's a pretty common Spanish last name. Hopefully they'll go to Texas and mouth of to Debra Medina and she can mow them all down

Lithium
06-11-2010, 06:07 AM
This is Europe, the hell, if they don't admire something they can always return to their fatherland...

Cato
06-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Where's the streetsweeper when you need it? Riffraff like that just needs to be washed into the nearest gutter.

Austin
08-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Yeah Medina is extremely common Latino/South American name. Shame they didn't egg her in Mexico they'd have been barbecued alive in trashcans by Mexican police (cartels)

Matritensis
08-29-2010, 12:46 AM
It ain't easy when you have to deal with the retarded products of a retarded culture...I want to think that i'm reasonably civilized,but I swear to God that I'd respond to those attitudes with a baseball bat and without the slightest remorse.