PDA

View Full Version : When theft is ok?

ЛыSSый
03-18-2015, 09:13 AM
I'm interesting cause theft is one of main parts of my folk culture.
Let write me your variants.

Harley
03-18-2015, 09:35 AM
For me, theft is only okay if children are starving and need to eat.

It's a strange existence when you're too poor to be able to afford food but considered too wealthy to be on welfare.

Fear Fiain
03-18-2015, 09:37 AM
For me, theft is only okay if children are starving and need to eat.

It's a strange existence when you're too poor to be able to afford food but considered too wealthy to be on welfare.

why not go back to samoa?

Fear Fiain
03-18-2015, 09:45 AM
I'm interesting cause theft is one of main parts of my folk culture.
Let write me your variants.

you're a gypsy?

ЛыSSый
03-18-2015, 09:53 AM
you're a gypsy?it was witty, thank for my laught. No, i'm hohol.

Fear Fiain
03-18-2015, 09:59 AM
it was witty, thank for my laught. No, i'm hohol.

i like me some ho hole.
especially when the ho look like this

StormBringer
03-18-2015, 10:55 AM
Well, we've still got couple of pieces of furniture we picked up from "Turkish hoses" (abandoned by Bosniaks fleeing the war, our refugees settled in them for the duration of war, some even longer) during the war.
I've never heard of anyone being arrested over that nor we bothered retrieving shit we left in our two houses in Croatia, so it seems ok.

Harley
03-18-2015, 11:03 AM
why not go back to samoa?

"Back" implies I was there before here.

It would be the same as me asking you to return back to the rock you crawled out from under.

Also
03-18-2015, 11:07 AM
Theft is okay as long as you don't get caught.

Jana
03-18-2015, 12:48 PM
Hard question, hard;) It's not nice tho.

Hàkon
03-22-2015, 12:12 PM
Never.

A person who would forgive a petty thieve would have lent an ear to a beggar; theft is ultimately a function of disrespect and indolence.

#badbadboybadboyno

Graham
03-22-2015, 12:36 PM
When you're Robin Hood or a teenager.

Herr Abubu
03-22-2015, 12:53 PM
I think in terms of the Heinz dilemma, "A woman was near death from a special kind of cancer. There was one drug that the doctors thought might save her. It was a form of radium that a druggist in the same town had recently discovered. The drug was expensive to make, but the druggist was charging ten times what the drug cost him to produce. He paid $200 for the radium and charged $2,000 for a small dose of the drug. The sick woman's husband, Heinz, went to everyone he knew to borrow the money, but he could only get together about $1,000 which is half of what it cost. He told the druggist that his wife was dying and asked him to sell it cheaper or let him pay later. But the druggist said: “No, I discovered the drug and I'm going to make money from it.” So Heinz got desperate and broke into the man's laboratory to steal the drug for his wife. Should Heinz have broken into the laboratory to steal the drug for his wife? Why or why not?"

My answer to the question is that Heinz was right in doing so because the life of a human being is more important than the profit and property of another person. Moreover, the greed of the druggist is far more abominable than the thievery of Heinz so the villain in this story is not Heinz but the druggist.