PDA

View Full Version : Leading By Example - Japan Reduces Immigration to Almost 0

Anglojew
03-19-2015, 03:04 AM
Japan accepted 11 asylum seekers out of a record 5,000 applications in 2014, Ministry of Justice data showed, drawing criticism from advocates and lawyers that the country is not doing enough to provide protection to refugees.

The number of asylum applications rose 53 percent from the previous year, while the refugee recognition rate was 0.2 percent, one of the lowest among industrialized economies.

"The low recognition rate is shameful," said immigration lawyer Shogo Watanabe.

In 2013, Japan accepted six refugees, its lowest for 15 years.

A lack of planning for the protection and resettlement of refugees, as well as dysfunction in the system that processes asylum claims, was behind the low intake, said Mieko Ishikawa, director of Forum for Refugees Japan.

"There's no comprehensive policy on the part of the government, and there are gaps in the system's transparency, efficiency and independence," she said.

Germany and the United States were the largest destinations for asylum seekers in 2013, receiving 109,580 and 88,360 applications respectively, U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees data shows.

Tokyo's refugee recognition rate is only a fraction of the global 2013 average of 32 percent.

"No other developed refugee jurisdiction has such as consistently low rate," said Brian Barbour of the Japan Association for Refugees.

The sharp increase is in part down to the attractiveness of Japan to foreign workers, some of whom claim asylum to stay in the country, say immigration officials.

Asylum applications have risen nearly four-fold since 2010, when legal changes gave re-applicants the right to work as their claims were judged.

"Most people aren't coming for political reasons. In countries like Nepal and Sri Lanka, many people think they can come to Japan to work," said Hiroshi Kimizuka, director of refugee recognition at the Ministry of Justice.

A labor shortage has pushed Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's government to expand a "trainee" program for manual workers that has been criticized for poor conditions and human rights abuses. The government has also sought to attract white collar foreigners, while insisting that the measures are not an "immigration policy".

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/11/us-japan-immigration-idUSKBN0M70JN20150311

Methmatician
03-19-2015, 05:52 AM
No offence, but who would want to live in Japan? The culture over there is all about work, or at least looking like you're working a lot.

SkyBurn
03-19-2015, 11:09 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c6/Population_of_Japan_since_1872.svg/450px-Population_of_Japan_since_1872.svg.png

Ivan Kramskoļ
03-19-2015, 11:19 AM
At least they are and will be homogenous.
Anyway Robots will do a lot of work there later.
I envy them.

European Knight
03-19-2015, 05:04 PM
I would have a couple of problem living in Japan :cool:

Thunder_shock
04-09-2015, 12:18 PM
lol arent they experiencing an ageing population and shortage of young workers. I dont see how this is good for long term economical stabillity. But if that's thats what the japanese public then they can have that i suppose.

Gaston
04-09-2015, 12:23 PM
They can do whatever they want with the refugee issue. It's a western concept anyway and japanese people don't have to accept and apply it.

Petalpusher
04-09-2015, 12:37 PM
lol arent they experiencing an ageing population and shortage of young workers. I dont see how this is good for long term economical stabillity. But if that's thats what the japanese public then they can have that i suppose.

Not everything is about economy, humans can have other inspirations than purely material. We will see before the end of century where people would rather live, Japan or Europe. I have an idea.

Thunder_shock
04-09-2015, 11:46 PM
Not everything is about economy, humans can have other inspirations than purely material. We will see before the end of century where people would rather live, Japan or Europe. I have an idea.

Well i consider that a big deal that's if Japan's economy and living standards were to substanially drop. Japan is also experiencing a declining population and the pop pyramid is shifting to elderly. Soon, you will have fewer people that can maintain Japan's trade level, infrastructure and industrial strength; a more serious but somewhat unrelated ramification is that Japan will become extinct in the very long term however you cannot fix this by bringing in people from abroad.

Prisoner Of Ice
04-10-2015, 12:00 AM
Any coward who flees a war zone should be shot in the back, their kids too.

The part that gets me is - where is everyone to go once the whole world is just as bad off? These are the people that caused their own countries to be shitholes, they should go back and fix it or die trying. If they had a bunch of kids in an unstable overpopulated environment and can't take care of them, that's their problem not the world's.

The west and countries like Japan spent a long time to create a stable civilization where people don't have exploding growth of kids they can't afford. Now their desire to onlyhave kids when they can afford it is cheated by people who don't follow such rules (or any rules much of the time) and will take over what should rightfully have belonged to the natives.

There's no such thing as a negative population growth disaster. Now that people have the choice a lot of shitbag leftist fuckfaces and unemployables are not having a ton of children. That is a GOOD thing. Left unchecked eventually the people who value family will take up the slack. This is just the same bullshit as the 'labor shortage' in tech field that is in the papers constantly, while there's countless thousands of qualified workers in those fields who are unemployed. The 'problem' is they want cheaper laborers, and corporations even want the fucking government to pay for their workers, and lend them the money to pay for it, profiting yet again.

Obviously this is impossible to sustain, it's just a grand scheme to steal everything from natives of a country by replacing them with government funded slave laborers who are vastly inferior to the people they are replacing.

Stimpy
04-10-2015, 12:04 AM

It will stabilize after a while.
A huge demographic change caused by massimmigration, on the other hand, is permanent.

coolstorybro
04-10-2015, 12:08 AM
I wonder if the Japanese are prepared to receive thousand of Nordic european refugees once Sweden becomes Swedonistan.

I think the Japanese have enough love for their fellow courteous pale skinned friends to let them in.

Thunder_shock
04-10-2015, 12:13 AM
It will stabilize after a while.
A huge demographic change caused by massimmigration, on the other hand, is permanent.

After the population is cut by a 1/3? a half? Japan would be a small remnant of its former self.
As for mass immigration, there is always instituting oppressive laws. People will leave when they are made to feel unwelcome. Lastly if that doesnt work there is mass expuslion but that would be costly and would damage relations with much of the world.

The Illyrian Warrior
04-10-2015, 12:20 AM
Leading by example at suicide by demographics and psychological meltdown.

Japan wouldn't be able to sustain additional people if they'd still grow, Japan is overcrowded already and adding more people would cause even more problem, also regarding policy on immigration, IMO they do far better then most European nations do.

Prisoner Of Ice
04-10-2015, 12:44 AM
After the population is cut by a 1/3? a half? Japan would be a small remnant of its former self.
As for mass immigration, there is always instituting oppressive laws. People will leave when they are made to feel unwelcome. Lastly if that doesnt work there is mass expuslion but that would be costly and would damage relations with much of the world.

Like they leave china, which is most oppressive of all? There's nowhere to go, and fewer places to go once this is everywhere.

Japan should lose half its population, just gradually. It is like one giant fucking city aside from the designated nature areas.

Thunder_shock
04-10-2015, 12:53 AM
Like they leave china, which is most oppressive of all? There's nowhere to go, and fewer places to go once this is everywhere.

Japan should lose half its population, just gradually. It is like one giant fucking city aside from the designated nature areas.

Those that dont leave china usually their countries is even more oppressive. As for Japan it's a sinking ship. The decision to bring immigrants is down to the public anyway.
By the way i take back my comment about mass expulsion - that's inhumane, pretty crazy thought.

Methmatician
04-10-2015, 01:57 AM
Any coward who flees a war zone should be shot in the back, their kids too.
>Country
>America

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8639/16286409295_ffda04216e_o.gif

igo112
04-18-2015, 11:07 PM

igo112
04-18-2015, 11:12 PM

Belenus
04-18-2015, 11:15 PM
Japan has been a soulless nation since its defeat at America's hands in WWII. Its martial spirit was stolen from it, and its God-Emperor forced to denounce his divinity. What America has done to Japan (deicide) is to decimate its metaphysical identity, leaving nothing but a mass of materialistic worker drones to labour for nothing but base subsistence. Basically, Japan has fallen to the same lows as most of the Western nations. The one thing they've done right is preserving their ethnic integrity, which means they at least have hope for a future resurrection, unlike us Europeans.

Prisoner Of Ice
04-18-2015, 11:16 PM
>Country
>America

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8639/16286409295_ffda04216e_o.gif

:rolleyes:

America was born in a war asstard. Since then we have had many more and no one has come and driven us out.

XenophobicPrussian
04-19-2015, 02:28 AM
I'm jealous.

Also, lol at all the Japan haters.

The drop in total population will be a good thing. They won't go extinct, once the population lowers to a certain point it'll start going up again out of nessesity. The only thing that would make them extinct is foreign genetics. Paying for pensions being an issue is a myth, finding enough money for that is easy. Think of how much more land people could own, and buying a house will be cheap as fuck. Germany with 20 million people would be awesome.

Kabul
04-19-2015, 02:34 AM
Yeah, too bad they're now just a bunch of cartoon watching neutered feminine fags and their population is predicted to cut in half in about 100 years, not to mention that maybe the fact that Japan is just a few islands with not enough space probably has something to do with the lack of immigration.

Ryujin
04-19-2015, 02:47 AM
No offence, but who would want to live in Japan? The culture over there is all about work, or at least looking like you're working a lot.

This is the most ignorant comment I've seen in a while. You probably assume Japan is all about Tokyo or something, and yea the culture is mostly about work out there as in most other metropolitan cities such as Washington or Dubai. But inner Japan has some neat stuff as someone who has been watching a drama set in a small coastal town.

For example they've got Ama-divers, unique on the earth.

Ryujin
04-19-2015, 02:48 AM
Yeah, too bad they're now just a bunch of cartoon watching neutered feminine fags and their population is predicted to cut in half in about 100 years, not to mention that maybe the fact that Japan is just a few islands with not enough space probably has something to do with the lack of immigration.

Japan has got enough people to work, they're not lazy like Germans, Dutch, Gulf Arabs or others who have been in need of guest workers.

"Ganbare" is their philosophy of life.

Goujian
04-19-2015, 02:51 AM
Japanese won't go extinct because the population is more or less going to stabilize, most Japanese have a decent work ethic but I doubt I'll say the same for some of the younger generations. If there's an east Asian country I should worry about it's probably South Korea. They have it even worse than Japan from what I've heard.

Methmatician
04-19-2015, 02:52 AM
:rolleyes:

America was born in a war asstard. Since then we have had many more and no one has come and driven us out.
You will never experience war so long as you live in the US. And invasion of the US is pretty much impossible. The last time there was war on American soil it was during WWII and that was only the attack on Pearl Harbor in Hawaii. Before that the last war fought on American soil was 1890 with the War against some Native Americans. The vast majority of Americans born in America have never had to feel the direct effects of war. Living in America is like living with your parents your whole life.

Kabul
04-19-2015, 02:53 AM
Japan has got enough people to work, they're not lazy like Germans, Dutch, Gulf Arabs or others who have been in need of guest workers.

Japan's population will be cut in half by the end of the century (http://thediplomat.com/2012/08/japans-demographic-nightmare/)

And that isn't even everything, post-war Japan is inhabited almost solely by children's-cartoons watching emasculated, feminine pseudo-men who will probably be conquered by China shortly. The Japan from before the decline is gone.

Methmatician
04-19-2015, 02:54 AM
This is the most ignorant comment I've seen in a while. You probably assume Japan is all about Tokyo or something, and yea the culture is mostly about work out there as in most other metropolitan cities such as Washington or Dubai. But inner Japan has some neat stuff as someone who has been watching a drama set in a small coastal town.
Actually this attitude is pretty much nationwide. They work so hard they have a word for 'working to death' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kar%C5%8Dshi).

Ryujin
04-19-2015, 02:57 AM
Japanese work a lot but they also have a life, it's full of pubs, karaokes and pachinkos (game centers) in which after overwork they go and blow off steam altogether as co-workers.

Methmatician
04-19-2015, 03:06 AM
Japanese work a lot but they also have a life, it's full of pubs, karaokes and pachinkos (game centers) in which after overwork they go and blow off steam altogether as co-workers.
I know they have a life but the work/life balance in Japan tilts too much towards work. Especially foreigners who come to live in Japan they might have to prove their determination by working harder than others.