PDA

View Full Version : indians do you accept romany people as your kin

Mortimer
03-20-2015, 03:31 AM
should romany people be accepted by the indian government as southasian diaspora, because i have feeling you dont accept them fully, like you think they are very mixed and not much southasian, you just call them "of southasian origins" but that doesnt mean THEY ARE SOUTHASIAN more like only little southasian.

please vote on the poll and comment. please only the TA southasians, pakis, bangladeshis, sri lankans, nepalis etc. can vote too all southasians can vote.

Darth Revan
03-20-2015, 03:45 AM
No

Sockorer
03-20-2015, 03:56 AM
G̶y̶p̶s̶i̶e̶s̶ Romani ought to be accepted with open arms by their Indian brothers! :thumb001:

lameduck
03-20-2015, 01:07 PM
Well dont know about other countries but i have no prob If you feel association/associated with Pakistan.

silver_surfer
03-20-2015, 01:47 PM
I don't have any problem with Romani people integrating in our society. Though can't assure you about the living conditions but at least you guys here will not be discriminated on your skin color. You can easily assimilate in any Indian state, if you can overcome language barrier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6HfenInNEA

jatt
03-20-2015, 01:53 PM
i have no problem with romani people and they can associate with us but I do not agree with Overseas indian citizenship or other services to be provided to them.. there are plenty of indian origin people around the world who have migrated last couple of centuries and even they are not entitled to that.

gum_dum
03-20-2015, 04:25 PM
I can't find the interview but there was gypsy girl who first visited India, maybe she was not treated well there. Then she went to Pakistan to find her roots which she did among changer community. As far as looks goes, yeah i kind of agree with jatt. Even dark looking gypsy give different vibes. They will fit better among west asian dark looking people then among dark South Asians.

zhaoyun
03-20-2015, 04:33 PM
I think the Romanis are far too removed from India both historically, culturally, and genetically to be considered an "Indian diaspora".

jatt
03-20-2015, 05:26 PM
I think the Romanis are far too removed from India both historically, culturally, and genetically to be considered an "Indian diaspora".
They would b treated fAr Better in India though

Kabul
03-20-2015, 05:29 PM
Dear Indians: Please take them back, we don't want them. We really don't want them here.

zhaoyun
03-20-2015, 06:35 PM
They would b treated fAr Better in India though

With all due respect to OP, he gets government subsidies and lives a comfortable life in Austria, his family gets pensions, and he doesn't have to work.

I doubt he'd be treated better in India.

jatt
03-20-2015, 07:03 PM
With all due respect to OP, he gets government subsidies and lives a comfortable life in Austria, his family gets pensions, and he doesn't have to work.

I doubt he'd be treated better in India.

yea Its all over web how majority of gypsies live life of squalor in rich nations. this forum itself the hate for gypsies is disturbing. one of the reason I have soft corner for them now.

gum_dum
03-20-2015, 07:14 PM
Yes hate against gypsy is disturbing, even though they are mostly europeans now by blood.

Darth Revan
03-20-2015, 07:21 PM
Yes hate against gypsy is disturbing, even though they are mostly europeans now by blood.

So? Jeez, these anthrotards.

"Gypsies be stealing and squatting, but it's k cuz they have Euro genes". The problem of gypsies is not how dark they are, but rather how problematic they are. It's self-evident.

zhaoyun
03-20-2015, 07:25 PM
yea Its all over web how majority of gypsies live life of squalor in rich nations. this forum itself the hate for gypsies is disturbing. one of the reason I have soft corner for them now.

Certainly they receive a lot of discrimination. But I think a lot of their nomadic lifestyle and propensity to be involved with petty crime tends to increase the prejudices towards them.

gum_dum
03-20-2015, 07:29 PM

"Gypsies be stealing and squatting, but it's k cuz they have Euro genes". The problem of gypsies is not how dark they are, but rather how problematic they are. It's self-evident.

Yes they need to stop doing that. Its kind of shocking some recent migrants even from 3rd world hell hole are better integrated/not in to the things you say about gypsy. They will have to change their ways with help of their european brothers.

Mortimer
03-21-2015, 03:16 AM

i dont think you can blame it only on one thing, i agree with zhao their involvment in petty crime and begging and such increased the prejudice, but there is also a century old stigma on gypsies, alone the word gypsy is a insult for many, many gypsies even the ones who are integrated have problem communicating their ancestry, its a complex, and when people talk about gypsies they have only negative to say, it is stigmatic and you can easy get stereotype so i wouldnt blame it either on only one or the other. and i dont think the balkan gypsies have "mostly euro genes" you have mostly euro genes and you dont look amerindian, if gypsies were castizos like you they wouldnt look like that, even african quadroons have lighter skin then gypsies often (not always) and gypsy features are very southasian but many dont want to admitt that (southasians dont want to admitt that, europeans know it and tell them to go back to india)

Mortimer
03-21-2015, 03:20 AM
to me it is mostly about nationalism not discrimination, gypsies need to be proud of their roots like nation of islam or african american black panthers have connections to africa, malcolm x and muhammed ali loved visiting africa, its something to take pride of. the weird thing about india is that there are castes are mistreated as untouchables and dont have respect from majority of indians, and they say we are that certain type of people or that we are very mixed, i like to think of southasia as one big brotherhood etc. thats how i see it, that makes us stronger.

gum_dum
03-21-2015, 03:39 AM
to me it is mostly about nationalism not discrimination, gypsies need to be proud of their roots like nation of islam or african american black panthers have connections to africa, malcolm x and muhammed ali loved visiting africa, its something to take pride of. the weird thing about india is that there are castes are mistreated as untouchables and dont have respect from majority of indians, and they say we are that certain type of people or that we are very mixed, i like to think of southasia as one big brotherhood etc. thats how i see it, that makes us stronger.

:cry2

Akhand Bharat ki jay hoo

Mortimer
03-21-2015, 04:10 AM
:cry2

Akhand Bharat ki jay hoo

my nationalism is not really offensive or imperialist i dont want pakistan as part of india, it is more like taking pride in their own roots and thats neccessary because gypsies are the most slurred community and there is a deragotory tone to them from majority etc. gypsies are not proud to be gypsies often they hide it etc. http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?163526-Brother-of-Seka-Aleksic-claims-she-is-gypsy-and-hides-it

it has nothing to do with racism what i say

gum_dum
03-21-2015, 04:15 AM
my nationalism is not really offensive or imperialist i dont want pakistan as part of india, it is more like taking pride in their own roots and thats neccessary because gypsies are the most slurred community and there is a deragotory tone to them from majority etc. gypsies are not proud to be gypsies often they hide it etc. http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?163526-Brother-of-Seka-Aleksic-claims-she-is-gypsy-and-hides-it

it has nothing to do with racism what i say

Tomorrow i will post interview of gypsy women who visited Pakistan to find her roots.

Óttar
03-21-2015, 04:26 AM
i have no problem with romani people and they can associate with us but I do not agree with Overseas indian citizenship or other services to be provided to them.. there are plenty of indian origin people around the world who have migrated last couple of centuries and even they are not entitled to that.
One can get a PIO card for marrying someone with 1/4 Indian ancestry. :p

Human
03-27-2015, 08:57 AM
Never

Nurzat
03-27-2015, 08:59 AM
Indians, leave alone our European Gypsies/Gitanos/Zingari/Ciganok.. they are ours, we've lived for 1000 years with them, they mixed with us, they are part of our social landscape and culture. I don't want Gypsies to leave Europe

Human
03-27-2015, 08:02 PM
I want gypsies to live in Turkey.