PDA

View Full Version : come greet me :}

Josey
03-20-2015, 10:37 PM
hello all, i found this forum because i recently got an interest in anthropology/taxonomy, partly because i've always wondered why i look so different from the people that i get to see around in my country, yet when i ask my parents about ancestry they are clueless, lol. So yeah i was googling something along race or ethnicity when i found The Apricity.
Anyway, what do you guys use this forum for? :)

Sikeliot
03-20-2015, 10:37 PM
Welcome :)

Josey
03-20-2015, 10:48 PM
Btw my country flag was not in the options (Costa Rica), and it said if i asked they could add it, any idea on who to tell about this?

Svipdag
03-21-2015, 03:02 AM
Btw my country flag was not in the options (Costa Rica), and it said if i asked they could add it, any idea on who to tell about this?

Welcome. I have a question for a Costa Rican. In front of the Town Hall in Limon, Costa Rica stands the bronze statue of an Indian chieftain. The plaque on the pedestal relates how he led a revolt against the Spanish and, when it failed, took full responsibility for the whole revolt, thus saving the lives of the other chiefs. The Spanish put him to death by being torn apart by 4 horses. I was having some difficulty translating the Spanish inscription and a passerby kindly translated it for me. I remember everything I read about this brave man except for one thing: his name .

Do you, perchance know it or can you find it out for me ? I've tried every source I can think of and always drawn a blank. There's plenty of information about another brave Indian, a teenager who set the Spanish barracks afire (if I remember rightly), but nothing about this
heroic chief.

The last 4 or 5 Caribbean cruises I have taken didn't stop at Limon or I'd have got the information off the plaque myself. I thought
that the photo I took of the statue and the plaque would answer my question, but the inscription didn't come out sharp enough to read. It seems to me that his name was something like "Presbedeo". Does that look or sound famiiar ?

As to adding the Costa Rican flag, ask Loki. I'm sure that he can do something about it.

I enjoyed Limon very much. The little boys who offer to guide the tourists were polite and spoke very good English (much to my surprise). One of them guided me to Vargas Park and showed me the sloths which I had wanted to see.

So, welcome to our forum and I hope that you find what you are looking for here.

Shah-Jehan
03-21-2015, 03:04 AM
welcome

Merida
03-21-2015, 03:42 AM
Hello and welcome! :)

Dictator
03-21-2015, 03:48 AM
Welcome. I have a question for a Costa Rican. In front of the Town Hall in Limon, Costa Rica stands the bronze statue of an Indian chieftain. The plaque on the pedestal relates how he led a revolt against the Spanish and, when it failed, took full responsibility for the whole revolt, thus saving the lives of the other chiefs. The Spanish put him to death by being torn apart by 4 horses. I was having some difficulty translating the Spanish inscription and a passerby kindly translated it for me. I remember everything I read about this brave man except for one thing: his name .

Do you, perchance know it or can you find it out for me ? I've tried every source I can think of and always drawn a blank. There's plenty of information about another brave Indian, a teenager who set the Spanish barracks afire (if I remember rightly), but nothing about this
heroic chief.

The last 4 or 5 Caribbean cruises I have taken didn't stop at Limon or I'd have got the information off the plaque myself. I thought
that the photo I took of the statue and the plaque would answer my question, but the inscription didn't come out sharp enough to read. It seems to me that his name was something like "Presbedeo". Does that look or sound famiiar ?

As to adding the Costa Rican flag, ask Loki. I'm sure that he can do something about it.

I enjoyed Limon very much. The little boys who offer to guide the tourists were polite and spoke very good English (much to my surprise). One of them guided me to Vargas Park and showed me the sloths which I had wanted to see.

So, welcome to our forum and I hope that you find what you are looking for here.

I quick google search gave me the name Presbere.

Anglojew
03-21-2015, 03:55 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Neanderthal
03-21-2015, 03:57 AM
hello all, i found this forum because i recently got an interest in anthropology/taxonomy, partly because i've always wondered why i look so different from the people that i get to see around in my country, yet when i ask my parents about ancestry they are clueless, lol. So yeah i was googling something along race or ethnicity when i found The Apricity.
Anyway, what do you guys use this forum for? :)

To find hot chicks to bang. Welcome

Wild North
03-21-2015, 09:52 PM
Welcome.

Sideritis
03-21-2015, 09:57 PM
:welcome: