PDA

View Full Version : Classify Estonian prime minister

esaima
06-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Andrus Ansip
http://rotary.tartu.ee/images/Liikmed_Members/Ansip_Andrus.jpg
http://www.ohtuleht.ee/pics/konkurss/220/esikas_ANSIP.jpg
http://rup.ee/est/images/stories/ansip.jpg

And young party official Ansip in 1988 or 87.
http://paber.ekspress.ee/fotodb/C52D83FF2428B366C2257377005FCA27/$file/tn_eefv-783nfx.jpg

Ibericus
06-14-2010, 06:19 PM
he looks russian to me

esaima
06-14-2010, 06:23 PM
No, I dont think so.Pretty typical "Estonoid" face, IMO.

Äike
06-14-2010, 06:34 PM
West-Baltid+Nordid

spearofperun
06-14-2010, 06:55 PM
No, I dont think so.Pretty typical "Estonoid" face, IMO.

a typical estonian would not look to different from a typical Russian...

Äike
06-14-2010, 07:02 PM
a typical estonian would not look to different from a typical Russian...

If that would be true, then I wouldn't have any problems with Russians integrating and mixing with the Estonians...

Cail
06-14-2010, 07:06 PM
He does look very Russian.

vp01
06-14-2010, 07:08 PM
he looks more ukrainian/light south slav than russian to me:)

Cail
06-14-2010, 07:08 PM
he looks more ukrainian/light south slav than russian to me:)

A lot of Russians look that way too. Or Poles or Lithuanians for that matter.

vp01
06-14-2010, 07:15 PM
A lot of Russians look that way too. Or Poles or Lithuanians for that matter
yeh, sure :) but whatever :P i said what i wanted to say 8-)

esaima
06-14-2010, 07:37 PM
West-Baltid+Nordid
It seems to be a pretty far-spread combination among Estonians.

spearofperun
06-14-2010, 11:35 PM
If that would be true, then I wouldn't have any problems with Russians integrating and mixing with the Estonians...

this is quite funny you are accusing me of being a troll.im not only one to notice it. and not to suprising seeing as you come from same place in europe north east. and baltics, nordics etc.. are found in both. your little third reich imaginations bout russians being mongs dont hold sustance or better yet should i maybe post hitler's initial opinion of estonians??? maybe thatll bring you down a notch.

hmm id assume u have a problem with russians cuz theyre immigrants and past conflicts not confined to USSR. i hold croats in much the same view or huns yet cannot say we are not somehat or are related to those people.

Äike
06-19-2010, 01:49 PM
this is quite funny you are accusing me of being a troll.im not only one to notice it. and not to suprising seeing as you come from same place in europe north east. and baltics, nordics etc.. are found in both. your little third reich imaginations bout russians being mongs dont hold sustance or better yet should i maybe post hitler's initial opinion of estonians??? maybe thatll bring you down a notch.

hmm id assume u have a problem with russians cuz theyre immigrants and past conflicts not confined to USSR. i hold croats in much the same view or huns yet cannot say we are not somehat or are related to those people.

I see Russians every day, I live in Tallinn. I am a minority(statistics of 2009) in the capital of Estonia. I know how Russians look like, some look just like us, blonde, tall and with blue eyes. They are most probably from NW-Russia and are Finnic. But they're a minority. We have Southern Russians, Central Russians etc. They're not Mongols, but they are considerably darker then us, because we are Northern Europeans and they aren't. I have never stated that Russians are Mongols. One doesn't have to be non-European to completely alter the physical looks of a nation.

I don't have a problem with good immigrants who come here in small numbers. Swedish and Finnish immigrants have come to Estonia since the middle ages, but they caused no trouble nor did they look different from us.

Don
06-19-2010, 02:28 PM
this is quite funny you are accusing me of being a troll.

Ignore him. He calls Trolls anyone that dares to relate Estonians with something but Nordic. I have a good collection of bad reputations from this faithful man.

Äike
06-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Ignore him. He calls Trolls anyone that dares to relate Estonians with something but Nordic. I have a good collection of bad reputations from this faithful man.

Ignorance deserves punishment, that's my opinion. Being ignorant alone doesn't make one a troll, but being proven wrong on several occasions and still being ignorant makes one a troll.

Praam˛ius
06-19-2010, 03:22 PM
I know how Russians look like, some look just like us, blonde, tall and with blue eyes.

Cmon don't tell me that all Estonians are tall,blonde with blue eyes.I bet there is plenty of Estonians with dark hair and brown eye's.And majority of Russian's at least here in Lithuania aren't dark pigmented nor short :rolleyes:

Äike
06-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Cmon don't tell me that all Estonians are tall,blonde with blue eyes.I bet there is plenty of Estonians with dark hair and brown eye's.And majority of Russian's at least here in Lithuania aren't dark pigmented nor short :rolleyes:

In Estonia, 99 percent of people have blue eyes, says Eiberg. In Denmark 30 years ago, only 8 percent of the population had brown eyes, though through immigration, today that number is about 11 percent. In Germany, about 75 percent have blue eyes.

The most common hair color among Estonians is dark blonde/light brown. Dark hair and brown eyes is a sign of non-Estonian ancestry

There are two main races: the Nordic and the Baltic race. The first is tall and long-headed; the latter shorter and has a shorter head. Both have blond hair (including light brown) and blue eyes, which do vary a bit every now and then. Both are depigmented.

71,8% of Estonians had blond hair. 64% had blue-grey eyes, 24% had blue eyes. Aul noted the presence of a short dark-haired and dark-eyed type (10%-13%).

The foreign dark type was mostly found in Saaremaa, Southern Pärnumaa, Southern Viljandimaa and Central Tartumaa. These are also the areas that have been ravaged the most in various wars. He thought the dark elements have a Southern/Central and/or an Eastern European origin. Partly it could have been due to Latvian influence (as they had more of this dark type, as did the Finns who might have gotten dark features from the Saami). The dark type was mostly composed of the Alpine race while he also mentioned the Dinaric type and the Mediterranean type. The dark types had gotten strong influence from the surrounding population, though.

In 1814, Karl Ernst von Baer also mentioned the dark type: "The (Estonians') hair is most frequently blond, often white in childhood; there is also black hair along with a dark complexion. The very few Estonians that have dark hair are short, but have a stronger build. They are more serious, stubborn and reserved than the majority who are phlegmatic."

According to Aul, average height in Estonia was 172 cm. The tallest Estonians lived in Western Estonia, the shortest in South-Eastern Estonia. Some figures: Läänemaa 173,4 cm, Viljandimaa 171,3 cm, Harjumaa 172,3 cm, Tallinn 172, 6 cm, Järvamaa 172, 1 cm, Tartu 171,7 cm, Võrumaa 171cm, Petserimaa 170,1 cm. In Kirbla, Martna and Lihula area the average height was even over 175 cm.

In comparison, average Finns were 170,9 cm tall, Russians 167,2 cm, Latvians 171,3 cm, Livonians 174,2 cm, Lithuanians 166,2 cm, Prussians 168, 2 cm, Poles 167,7 cm, Norwegians 172,5 cm. The average European height was around 162 cm. By height, Estonians were equal to the Swedes.

Lithuania barely has any Russians, while I'm a minority in Tallinn, I know how Russians look like. They're extremely diverse, dark, light, tall, short etc. One thing is certain, they're visibly darker then Estonians.

Saying that there are plenty of Estonians with dark hair and brown eyes is rather dumb, we are Finnic. I have met brown eyed Estonians, but later have always found out about their non-Estonian ancestry. Like a woman(with brown eyes) I know who is 1/4 Jewish.

Praam˛ius
06-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Lithuania barely has any Russians, while I'm a minority in Tallinn, I know how Russians look like. They're extremely diverse, dark, light, tall, short etc. One thing is certain, they're visibly darker then Estonians.

Well yes i can't argue about situation in Estonia , but i live in ex Red Army street where many Russian immigrant's ware settled so most of my neighbors are Russian and i personally don't see much of diversity ;)

Äike
06-19-2010, 03:39 PM
Well yes i can't argue about situation in Estonia , but i live in ex Red Army street where many Russian immigrant's ware settled so most of my neighbors are Russian and i personally don't see much of diversity ;)

You're lucky then.

spearofperun
06-19-2010, 04:44 PM

thats what he did to me. how do i give out these bad rep points??? as i think we should start playing the mordicists little game.

spearofperun
06-19-2010, 04:53 PM
I see Russians every day, I live in Tallinn. I am a minority(statistics of 2009) in the capital of Estonia. I know how Russians look like, some look just like us, blonde, tall and with blue eyes. They are most probably from NW-Russia and are Finnic. But they're a minority. We have Southern Russians, Central Russians etc. They're not Mongols, but they are considerably darker then us, because we are Northern Europeans and they aren't. I have never stated that Russians are Mongols. One doesn't have to be non-European to completely alter the physical looks of a nation.

I don't have a problem with good immigrants who come here in small numbers. Swedish and Finnish immigrants have come to Estonia since the middle ages, but they caused no trouble nor did they look different from us.

how many estonian and other baltic nordicists are there here??? i dont think you quite fully understand that looking nordic dont make you a nordicist. The difference between a central and north west russian and between an estonian would hardly be noticeable. south Russians i guess it would be more so. but then one can arguably say that different ethnic russians from different parts aint same thing which is quite absurbed. saying that most Russians do have a light look not as some baltonordicists seems to come up with his fanatasies. You know Russians well i know them to quite a large pop here in toronto and a great majority of them have light eyes while on women blonde hair is more common whereas on men its a light brown. and yes they come in all shapes and sizes just like all other euros would as not one european country is subracially pure.

spearofperun
06-19-2010, 04:54 PM

Saying that there are plenty of Estonians with dark hair and brown eyes is rather dumb, we are Finnic. I have met brown eyed Estonians, but later have always found out about their non-Estonian ancestry. Like a woman(with brown eyes) I know who is 1/4 Jewish.

and now you are trying to say that an ethnic estonaian wont have brown or black hair and dark eyes only troll here is you

Äike
06-19-2010, 05:01 PM
how many estonian and other baltic nordicists are there here??? i dont think you quite fully understand that looking nordic dont make you a nordicist.

"Looking Nordic" is a minor element in being Nordic. It's the culture, history and mentality that counts.

The difference between a central and north west russian and between an estonian would hardly be noticeable. south Russians i guess it would be more so. but then one can arguably say that different ethnic russians from different parts aint same thing which is quite absurbed. saying that most Russians do have a light look not as some baltonordicists seems to come up with his fanatasies. You know Russians well i know them to quite a large pop here in toronto and a great majority of them have light eyes while on women blonde hair is more common whereas on men its a light brown. and yes they come in all shapes and sizes just like all other euros would as not one european country is subracially pure.

http://skepticalteacher.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/facepalm1.jpg

"I saw half a dozen Russians, I now know how all 100 million of them look like"

Äike
06-19-2010, 05:03 PM
and now you are trying to say that an ethnic estonaian wont have brown or black hair and dark eyes only troll here is you

There are several good topics in the Estonian section, about the anthropology of Estonians, go check them out. Black haired Estonians don't exist and brown eyed ones have foreign ancestors. Light brown hair is very common in Estonia, I was talking about the lack of dark brunette and black hair.

Aviane
06-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Dinarid + Baltid. He could be like one of my Ulkrainian friends.

Äike
06-19-2010, 05:14 PM
Dinarid + Baltid. He could be like one of my Ulkrainian friends.

Dinarid Distribution

Dinarics are mostly found in moutainous areas of Central and Southeast Europe stretching from Central France to the Balkans.

Core Dinaric

Serbia, Croatia, Macedonia, Bosnia, and Slovenia: 75% Dinaric
Romania: 35% Dinaric (Most common in the West)
Austria: 25% Dinaric
Czech Republic and Slovakia: 25% Dinaric (Most common in Moravia)
Italy: 20% Dinaric (Most common in the North)
Hungary: 20% Dinaric: (Most common in the Southwest)
France: 15% Dinaric: (Most common in SE France)
Switzerland 15% Dinaric (Most common in the South and East)
Bulgaria: 15% Dinaric
Poland: 10% Dinaric
Greece: 10% Dinaric
Germany: 5% Dinaric (Most common in Bavaria)
Russia, Belarus, and Ukraine 5% Dinaric: (Most common in Eastern Ukraine)
Spain and Portugal: 5% Dinaric

Peripheral Dinarids

Norics: Nordic/Dinarid Intermediates

Austria: 35% Noric
France: 30% Noric (Most common in the North)
Switzerland: 30% Noric (Most common in the North, West, and Center)
Germany: 15% Noric
Czech Republic and Slovakia: 15% Noric (Most common in Bohemia)
Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Macedonia, and Slovenia: 10% Noric (Most common in the North)
Romania: 7% Noric
Russia, Belarus, and Ukraine: 5% Noric
Poland: 5% Noric
Italy: 4% Noric (Most common in the North)
England: 2% Noric (From Bronze Age invaders)
Hungary: 2% Noric
Ireland: 2% Noric

:confused:

spearofperun
06-19-2010, 05:15 PM
"Looking Nordic" is a minor element in being Nordic. It's the culture, history and mentality that counts.

http://skepticalteacher.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/facepalm1.jpg

"I saw half a dozen Russians, I now know how all 100 million of them look like"

follow your own advice.

spearofperun
06-19-2010, 05:17 PM
There are several good topics in the Estonian section, about the anthropology of Estonians, go check them out. Black haired Estonians don't exist and brown eyed ones have foreign ancestors. Light brown hair is very common in Estonia, I was talking about the lack of dark brunette and black hair.

shall we look at a pigment map maybe??? thats complete bullshit as you will find ethnic swedes that have brown eyes and possibly even black or dark brown hair so its bs to say that all estonians are light eyed or haired.

spearofperun
06-19-2010, 05:18 PM
umm hmm and estonians neither ave the mentality or culture of the nordics which is more or less a forum of germanicism or north germanicism. not balticisim or finnicism.

spearofperun
06-19-2010, 05:21 PM
that chart you posted isnt exactly true either as serbia, croats and other south slavs arent 85% dinaric or noric. maybe around 70% would be dinaric influenced in that they might be balkan CMs ,dinaroalpines, dinaromeds etc... but 75% pure dianric no way.

Aviane
:confused:

Yeah out of only my two Ukrainian friends one of them looks like this.

Äike
shall we look at a pigment map maybe??? thats complete bullshit as you will find ethnic swedes that have brown eyes and possibly even black or dark brown hair so its bs to say that all estonians are light eyed or haired.

Not all 925 000 Estonians have light eyes, there are exceptions certainly, because some Estonians have non-Estonian ancestry. But the majority of Estonians are light eyed and light haired.

The most common hair color among Estonians is dark blonde/light brown. Dark hair and brown eyes is a sign of non-Estonian ancestry

There are two main races: the Nordic and the Baltic race. The first is tall and long-headed; the latter shorter and has a shorter head. Both have blond hair (including light brown) and blue eyes, which do vary a bit every now and then. Both are depigmented.

71,8% of Estonians had blond hair. 64% had blue-grey eyes, 24% had blue eyes. Aul noted the presence of a short dark-haired and dark-eyed type (10%-13%).

The foreign dark type was mostly found in Saaremaa, Southern Pärnumaa, Southern Viljandimaa and Central Tartumaa. These are also the areas that have been ravaged the most in various wars. He thought the dark elements have a Southern/Central and/or an Eastern European origin. Partly it could have been due to Latvian influence (as they had more of this dark type, as did the Finns who might have gotten dark features from the Saami). The dark type was mostly composed of the Alpine race while he also mentioned the Dinaric type and the Mediterranean type. The dark types had gotten strong influence from the surrounding population, though.

In 1814, Karl Ernst von Baer also mentioned the dark type: "The (Estonians') hair is most frequently blond, often white in childhood; there is also black hair along with a dark complexion. The very few Estonians that have dark hair are short, but have a stronger build. They are more serious, stubborn and reserved than the majority who are phlegmatic."

Anthropology of the Estonians (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=160906&postcount=1)

Äike
06-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Yeah out of only my two Ukrainian friends one of them looks like this.

They are not Dinaric then. Dinarics don't exist in Estonia and are rare in Ukraine. I also have met Ukrainians in Estonia and haven't noticed Dinarics among them.

Äike
06-19-2010, 05:25 PM
umm hmm and estonians neither ave the mentality or culture of the nordics which is more or less a forum of germanicism or north germanicism. not balticisim or finnicism.

Another ignorant person... Great.

You probably don't even know where Estonia is located. You talking about Estonian culture would make as much sense as me talking about Serbian culture.

spearofperun
06-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Not all 925 000 Estonians have light eyes, there are exceptions certainly, because some Estonians have non-Estonian ancestry. But the majority of Estonians are light eyed and light haired.

Anthropology of the Estonians (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=160906&postcount=1)

no one is arguing that most estonians are dark haired and eyed. but to say all dark haired estonians have non estonian anestory is a statement full of shit. yeah great post soemthing from the 1800's that was written by an estonian. maybe we should refer to madison grant as well now.

spearofperun
06-19-2010, 05:31 PM

You probably don't even know where Estonia is located. You talking about Estonian culture would make as much sense as me talking about Serbian culture.

i jsut now what the scandinavians think of you and what they say if people group them with the baltics. go to stormfront and check out the scandinavian forum and what the grouping or what people think about it. since these people are nationalsits and ethnic scandinavians im taking their word over it for yours. ignorant in what sense because i say the truth and dont believe your we are nordics crap?????

spearofperun
06-19-2010, 05:32 PM

ok mate we'll play it your game. for every time you give me out one of these adsurbed ignorance bad reps ill do the same to you. two can play at your game.

Äike
06-19-2010, 05:39 PM
no one is arguing that most estonians are dark haired and eyed. but to say all dark haired estonians have non estonian anestory is a statement full of shit. yeah great post soemthing from the 1800's that was written by an estonian. maybe we should refer to madison grant as well now.

It's from the 1920's and 1930's... and it is actually very logical that dark Estonians have non-Estonian ancestry, considering how North we are.

i jsut now what the scandinavians think of you and what they say if people group them with the baltics. go to stormfront and check out the scandinavian forum and what the grouping or what people think about it. since these people are nationalsits and ethnic scandinavians im taking their word over it for yours. ignorant in what sense because i say the truth and dont believe your we are nordics crap?????

Stormfront is for WN retards, already reading posts there should drop your intelligence level.

ok mate we'll play it your game. for every time you give me out one of these adsurbed ignorance bad reps ill do the same to you. two can play at your game.

Good luck, I never post about subjects which I don't have any knowledge about, thus I never make ignorant posts ;)

While you... Without knowing anything about Estonia and Estonians think that you're some kind of expert :p

spearofperun
06-19-2010, 05:53 PM
It's from the 1920's and 1930's... and it is actually very logical that dark Estonians have non-Estonian ancestry, considering how North we are.

Stormfront is for WN retards, already reading posts there should drop your intelligence level.

on the scandinavian forum they are SCANDINAVIAN nationalists. so ill take their word for it more than i will some estonian wannabies.

Good luck, I never post about subjects which I don't have any knowledge about, thus I never make ignorant posts ;)

While you... Without knowing anything about Estonia and Estonians think that you're some kind of expert :p

ok you fuckwit i dont have to know anything about estonia to see that claiming a ethnic estonian will NEVER have dark eyes or hair is full of shit seeing as even an ethnic swede can. and furthermore its not to hard to see that you desperately want to be germanic or nordic which you aint.

oh im repsonding to all your stupid rep points eye for an eye.

spearofperun
06-19-2010, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE=Põhjamaalane;226315]It's from the 1920's and 1930's... and it is actually very logical that dark Estonians have non-Estonian ancestry, considering how North we are.

and yet finns, northwest russians, and all scandinavians you find dark eyed and haired individuals and theyre all further north than you. maybe estonia is some wonder of the world :rolleyes:

Äike
06-19-2010, 06:04 PM
ok you fuckwit i dont have to know anything about estonia to see that claiming a ethnic estonian will NEVER have dark eyes or hair is full of shit seeing as even an ethnic swede can. and furthermore its not to hard to see that you desperately want to be germanic or nordic which you aint.

oh im repsonding to all your stupid rep points eye for an eye.

I don't want to be Germanic, I am proud to be Finnic. Germanics are swarthy ;)

and yet finns, northwest russians, and all scandinavians you find dark eyed and haired individuals and theyre all further north than you. maybe estonia is some wonder of the world :rolleyes:

Finns are actually the blondest people in the world. Dark Finns probably have Saami influence.

The foreign dark type was mostly found in Saaremaa, Southern Pärnumaa, Southern Viljandimaa and Central Tartumaa. These are also the areas that have been ravaged the most in various wars. He thought the dark elements have a Southern/Central and/or an Eastern European origin. Partly it could have been due to Latvian influence (as they had more of this dark type, as did the Finns who might have gotten dark features from the Saami).

spearofperun
06-19-2010, 06:07 PM
I don't want to be Germanic, I am proud to be Finnic. Germanics are swarthy ;)

Finns are actually the blondest people in the world. Dark Finns probably have Saami influence.

lightest people in the world are northwest russians and finns. and for neither is the percent of light eyes 100%. hence if youre finnic you cant be a nordicist as thats germanic. drk finns are dark finns not necessarily saami influenced. saami influence i think would be more evident in the eyes giving a mong appearence

Äike
06-19-2010, 06:12 PM
lightest people in the world are northwest russians and finns. and for neither is the percent of light eyes 100%. hence if youre finnic you cant be a nordicist as thats germanic. drk finns are dark finns not necessarily saami influenced. saami influence i think would be more evident in the eyes giving a mong appearence

Scandinavians are Germanic, but Germanics and Finnics are Nordic. Finland is Nordic and I'm certainly not a Nordicist. I don't think that I'm superior to Southern-Europeans.

North-West Russians have some Slavic admixture, they're not lighter then Finns.

Not a single population has 100% of light eyes.

In Estonia, 99 percent of people have blue eyes, says Eiberg. In Denmark 30 years ago, only 8 percent of the population had brown eyes, though through immigration, today that number is about 11 percent. In Germany, about 75 percent have blue eyes.

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/pop/articles/0206blueeyes0206.html

spearofperun
06-19-2010, 06:19 PM
Scandinavians are Germanic, but Germanics and Finnics are Nordic. Finland is Nordic and I'm certainly not a Nordicist. I don't think that I'm superior to Southern-Europeans.

North-West Russians have some Slavic admixture, they're not lighter then Finns.

Not a single population has 100% of light eyes.

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/pop/articles/0206blueeyes0206.html

so base ground for light eyes is 80% plus yet estonians have 99% sure and they arent the lightest. again read what i wrote lightest eyed people in the world are finns from finland and northwest russians.

Germanics and finnics are nordics how so?????? if we assume it equals north euro than we should also add east and west slavs to that grouping and the other baltic people as all of them are north euro as are the celts. nordic can equal germanic or be synomous with germanicism or it can be north euro if so read the above.

Praam˛ius
06-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Thread should be locked IMO

Äike
06-19-2010, 06:55 PM
so base ground for light eyes is 80% plus yet estonians have 99% sure and they arent the lightest. again read what i wrote lightest eyed people in the world are finns from finland and northwest russians.

Germanics and finnics are nordics how so?????? if we assume it equals north euro than we should also add east and west slavs to that grouping and the other baltic people as all of them are north euro as are the celts. nordic can equal germanic or be synomous with germanicism or it can be north euro if so read the above.

:....

Thread should be locked IMO

I agree with you, this thread has been hijacked by trolls.

hereward
06-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Good luck, I never post about subjects which I don't have any knowledge about, thus I never make ignorant posts
:dielaughing::thumb001:

Äike
06-19-2010, 07:34 PM
:dielaughing::thumb001:

I was serious. Out of my 3705 posts, how many have been about religion for example? Not many, because I'm not a religious person nor have much knowledge about religion.

spearofperun
06-19-2010, 08:55 PM
ok so another one of your bad rep points slavs arent culturally nordic. uh huh please explain what is a culturally nordic seeing as to your definition its jsut a north euro. so they arent germanic and this goes back to what i said neither are estonians as nordicism= germanicism and neither are.

Don
06-20-2010, 01:13 PM
thats what he did to me. how do i give out these bad rep points??? as i think we should start playing the mordicists little game.

Fall in that practice will make you an infamous and dishonorable member as well. Proper of unhappy people in denial.

That is really your wish?

Yes, this thread stinks since someone dare to relate the classification of the Estonian with something but a Viking...

Smeagol
09-04-2013, 04:30 AM
Nordic + West Baltic.

Zmey Gorynych
09-04-2013, 05:12 AM
West-Baltid with a North-Pontid influence/admix. I don't see the nordid.

Temujin
09-04-2013, 05:37 AM
Estonia has a prime minister looking like a Russian, while Russia has a president looking like a Baltic Finn or eastern Estonian. There's something fishy going on. ;)

http://rotary.tartu.ee/images/Liikmed_Members/Ansip_Andrus.jpg

http://paber.ekspress.ee/fotodb/C52D83FF2428B366C2257377005FCA27/$file/tn_eefv-783nfx.jpg

-=-

http://danieldefo.ru/storage/images/gallery/adapted/27/933221.jpg

http://pulson.ru/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/914925_vladimir_putin.jpg

sevruk
09-04-2013, 05:54 AM
He looks West baltid with pigmentation north-Pontid.
Could pass in Russia, also in almost every country in Eastern Europe better than in Scandinavia

Sarmatian
09-04-2013, 05:55 AM
That Estonian PM doesn't really look like Russian. Wast Baltid with North Pontid is more typical for Ukrainian or even Western Slav.

Swearengen
09-04-2013, 05:56 AM
he does look ukrainian. or at least he would pass easily.

edit: In those larger photos posted below he doesn't look very ukrainian. he looks like some kind've northern cromagnid.

Temujin
09-04-2013, 05:58 AM
Look at the picture when he was younger, leaner. He had virtually no Baltid influence. It's mostly north pontid. If people didn't know his ethnicity few if any would mention baltid/west-baltid influence.

Peikko
09-04-2013, 06:07 AM
North Pontid

Doesn't look like a Finn

sevruk
09-04-2013, 06:09 AM
That Estonian PM doesn't really look like Russian. Wast Baltid with North Pontid is more typical for Ukrainian or even Western Slav.

There are many Russians Ukrainian and Polish origins

Zmey Gorynych
09-04-2013, 06:16 AM
Look at the picture when he was younger, leaner. He had virtually no Baltid influence. It's mostly north pontid. If people didn't know his ethnicity few if any would mention baltid/west-baltid influence.
You have only one picture where he's young and which was taken from an angle that hides his jaw and you have plenty of other pictures where he clearly looks robust. I agree that he has a strong nordpontind influence maybe admixture but his main phenotype is cromagnoid. Broad face and head, steep rather short forehead, heavy browridge, massive jaw, strong chin etc - these are all cromagnoid features.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/Portrait_Andrus_Ansip.jpg
http://www.bloomberg.com/image/id5.PSLQ_dlw.jpg
http://files.magicnet.ee/magic_news/magicnet.ee_dir6/175338_1212121213245454501.jpg

Sarmatian
09-04-2013, 06:18 AM

Overall composition of his face is squarish even on young picture. It's a strong sign of Baltid.

Temujin
09-04-2013, 06:23 AM
You have only one picture where he's young and which was taken from an angle that hides his jaw and you have plenty of other pictures where he clearly looks robust. I agree that he has a strong nordpontind influence maybe admixture but his main phenotype is cromagnoid. Broad face and head, steep rather short forehead, heavy browridge, massive jaw, strong chin etc - these are all cromagnoid features.

I re-posted the picture of him in his younger age provided in the original post. I am not going to search for pictures when he was younger.

It's better too look at pictures when a person is around 25-35 years of age, as aged and young people exhibit different features. On your pictures he is fat pulling his eye-brows up which makes his forehead appear shorter on one of the pictures. But if a fat face makes a person look more CM...

sevruk
09-04-2013, 06:24 AM
also he would pass in Austria / Germany
http://stopnazi.users.photofile.ru/photo/stopnazi/115047604/large/116681994.jpg

Temujin
09-04-2013, 06:25 AM
Overall composition of his face is squarish even on young picture. It's a strong sign of Baltid.

Okay! I may not see others are seeing. If ethnicity of a subject is revealed on anthroforums, then taxonomy is a suspect.

Peikko
09-04-2013, 06:34 AM
Actually he looks Neo-Danubian in those pictures. Brachycephalic.