PDA

View Full Version : Interesting video on Afrikaners in Orania

Austin
06-16-2010, 07:22 AM
http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/video/ssworldcup-19013964/a-south-african-community-sitting-out-the-world-cup-20344385

I find yalls situation interesting. Feel sorry for you Afrikaners but then I think your fate was inevitable with yall being such a minority in such a troubled realm with such lesser aspects.

Agrippa
06-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Good to see that, though the perspective might be rather dull, can just hope the best for that community and that they won't be overrun...

Lulletje Rozewater
06-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Good to see that, though the perspective might be rather dull, can just hope the best for that community and that they won't be overrun...
In the previous election 3 voted ANC:D

RoyBatty
06-16-2010, 10:05 PM
I find yalls situation interesting. Feel sorry for you Afrikaners but then I think your fate was inevitable with yall being such a minority in such a troubled realm with such lesser aspects.

You're mistaken. Until fairly recently (1980's) there was nothing "inevitable" about the fate of the Afrikaners. I see no reason why we things couldn't have continued indefinitely even if it meant having to establish a white "bantustan" somewhere and relinquishing parts of the country where it clearly didn't make demographic sense to stay on.

The fate of the Afrikaners (and to a lesser extent the English speaking whites) wasn't determined by anything the blacks in SA did. Their fate was determined by what the US and EU countries did combined with treachery from within own ranks.

blan
06-17-2010, 09:27 PM
this is a great vid, i am shocked yahoo did this.
they are the most ultra lib anti white media around but this was a fair non biased project and i think it was well done.
i would like to visit this community some day

Lulletje Rozewater
06-22-2010, 08:04 AM
You're mistaken. Until fairly recently (1980's) there was nothing "inevitable" about the fate of the Afrikaners. I see no reason why we things couldn't have continued indefinitely even if it meant having to establish a white "bantustan" somewhere and relinquishing parts of the country where it clearly didn't make demographic sense to stay on.

The fate of the Afrikaners (and to a lesser extent the English speaking whites) wasn't determined by anything the blacks in SA did. Their fate was determined by what the US and EU countries did combined with treachery from within own ranks.

And do not forget that the USA first wanted us to rid Angola from the Cubans,because the USA could not be seen to help.
Than later the USA screwed us in the eye demanding us to leave. They did the same to Saddam.
If the USA is your friend,please do not bend for this friend

Austin
06-22-2010, 09:00 AM
And do not forget that the USA first wanted us to rid Angola from the Cubans,because the USA could not be seen to help.
Than later the USA screwed us in the eye demanding us to leave. They did the same to Saddam.
If the USA is your friend,please do not bend for this friend

When the white Southern U.S. pro-white politicians left over from before the civil rights act lost power/influence in the U.S. South Africa's white government days were numbered, it was inevitable then that support would quickly evaporate as it surely did sadly.

The U.S. policy wise is, at least on the democrat side, fully infiltrated by the worst order of anti-white, pro-multiculturalism ideologues whom whenever possible will prop up some pathetic leftist dribble such as SA's current government and scum filth such as Mandela. Have no delusions there were plenty in the U.S. that would and were perfectly fine with Mandela rotting in his cell till death, it was when such individuals aged and retired that continuation of support dried up and the new, more progressive American left opened the cell door so to speak.

Grumpy Cat
07-05-2010, 04:53 AM
Watched a documentary. I have respect for these guys.

It's not some white nationalist wet dream but for Afrikaners exclusively to preserve their culture. They keep Anglos out too. :thumb001:

All jobs, from management to manual labour, are filled by Afrikaners only; non-Afrikaner workers are not permitted. "We do not want to be governed by people who are not Afrikaners", said Potgieter, the previous chairman. "Our culture is being oppressed and our children are being brainwashed to speak English".

If only we Acadians could do that. But I guess we are better than other ethnic groups for keeping our wealth in the community.

And they don't engage in conflict with other groups, they don't hate, so they are preserving their culture not at the expense of others.

In June 2007, the Afrikaner enclave received a visit from the Coloured community of Eersterust, outside Pretoria.[24] Both groups met to discuss community development and discussed methods of self-governance. According to visitors "The reception was good" and "We definitely learned from the experience and we experienced no racial tension." The community of Orania gave a donation to the community of Eersterust in support of their nursery school.

They are also a green town:

Green (Environment friendly)

Orania is a town that does its bit for the environment. In a certain way Orania is the most environment friendly town in the country.

* People recycle their own garbage by sorting and placing the garbage into five different trash cans.
* All new houses must have solar-boilers for hot water.
* Various people in the town are looking at ways to switch over to green electricity.
* In the town there is a number of different ecological buildings, for example a straw bale house with a living roof.
* In the near future earthships (aardskepe)[9] will be built in Orania.

I think this video slanders the town, making them look like racists, but they have distanced themselves from racists.

In January 2010, Afrikaans daily newspaper Beeld published an article by Frans de Klerk, chief executive of Orania, in which he sets out what he views as the successes of Orania.[17] De Klerk also distanced the town from racist organizations using Orania to further their own causes.

There is also another similar town called Kleinfontein.

Moonbird
06-10-2013, 07:10 PM
This was published 8 May 2013.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2321236/Orania-Whites-town-South-Africa-Afrikaners-dream-building-state.html

Welcome to Orania... as long as you're white: Remote town in South Africa where Afrikaners dream of building their own state

'Welkom in Orania' proclaims a mural, painted in white, blue and orange.

But this South African town, in the remote Northern Cape province, does not extend its welcome to everyone.

The colour scheme on the wall - accompanied by the community emblem of a boy pulling up his sleeves - harks back to the old apartheid flag.

Orania, one of the last outposts of racial segregation, is a whites-only enclave.

Around 1,000 people live in the rural community, established in 1991 during the last years of apartheid.

Built on 8,000 hectares of private farmland along the Orange River in the desolate region of Karoo, it has schools, a museum and even its own currency, the Ora.

All the residents are Afrikaners - descendants of white migrants of Dutch and German heritage - who make up about 7 per cent of South Africa's population.

Yet despite there being no black faces in sight, they insist the town is not racist.

'When new people come to Orania, they are interviewed by a group of people to make sure that they have sufficient understanding of what the town is about,' Carel Boshoff IV, the son of the late founder of the town, Carel Boshoff III, told Sowetan Live.

Carel is also the great son-in-law of former prime minister Henrik Verwoerd, the architect of apartheid.

Among those to have made Orania their home is Kobus Jonck, a sheep farmer who moved there with his family last year.

'We are safe here. We do not worry about locking our cars at night, even the (house) doors... they are never locked,' he said.

Orania's motto is 'Working for freedom' - and many other inhabitants like him are self-sufficient farmers or traders.

Racial segregation in South Africa began in colonial times under Dutch and British rule but became official policy in 1948, enforced through legislation by the National Party - the majority of whom were Afrikaners.

Fast forward to the present day, and Orania's town authorities believe what they're doing is the best way to preserve Afrikaner culture and language.

They hope that, eventually, the town will become an independent state for the Afrikaner people, who total 3million.
Its officials claim the population is growing at a rate of 9 per cent a year.

Furthermore, Orania is protected under article 235 of South Africa's Constitution which ensures the right to self-determination.

The legislation recognises 'the notion of the right of self-determination of any community sharing a common cultural and language heritage within a territorial entity within the republic'.

But despite their optimism, some residents are uncomfortable about the future.

One waiter at a bar is convinced 'black South Africans will kill all white people' when anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela dies.

Mandela became South Africa's first black president in 1994 after spending 27 years in prison for his fight against racist apartheid rule, and was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts.

In 1995, in a conciliatory gesture, he went to Orania to meet Betsie Verwoerd - the widow of the man who virtually invented white rule, and who sent Mandela to jail.

The town boasts a statue of her husband, Hendrik, who was assassinated in 1966.

She said she was happy the then 77-year-old president was able to visit her.

But Betsie's granddaughter, Elizabeth van der Berg, was more guarded in her reaction, saying, 'We wish he was the president of a neighboring country.'

After Mrs Verwoerd and Mandela shared a cup of coffee and some cakes, the apartheid architect's widow read a speech in Afrikaans as she leaned on her cane.

'I identify myself with the wishes of my people for a volkstaat ['people's state'], which I believe could be developed in this part of the country,' she said, according to an English translation of her speech.

But Mandela said: 'I want a united South Africa, where we can cease to think in terms of color.'

A desire that is shared by many.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/08/article-2321236-19AB9AF3000005DC-470_634x395.jpg

Kazimiera
06-10-2013, 08:15 PM
They should stick all the backward Afrikaners there and set the place on fire.

Moonbird
06-11-2013, 12:58 PM
They should stick all the backward Afrikaners there and set the place on fire.

You are obviously a young woman with taste for murder. :(

Loki
06-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Yes that wasn't a very nice thing to say.

Kazimiera
06-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Take note I said the backwards ones.