PDA

View Full Version : Question for balkanites about myorigins

Mortimer
03-27-2015, 02:56 AM
how much southerneuro and eastern euro respectively do you score, i score 46% southern euro and 20% eastern euro together 66% euro the other is mideastern and southasian

edit: myorigins ftdna, not 23andme, because those two are different

Scholarios
03-27-2015, 03:15 AM
93% South European. Zero East Euro.

Mortimer
03-27-2015, 03:18 AM
93% South European. Zero East Euro.

on 23andme or on ftdna? 93% seems like a high score for ftdna because some others i share with score 10+% mideastern anatolian etc.

Kabul
03-27-2015, 03:22 AM
No idea. I have no idea about 23andme, myorigins, classifying phenotypes, whatever, I have a family tree and I don't need some DNA test or facial-feature pattern to tell me who's my daddy.

Jizo
03-29-2015, 12:47 PM
how much southerneuro and eastern euro respectively do you score, i score 46% southern euro and 20% eastern euro together 66% euro the other is mideastern and southasian

edit: myorigins ftdna, not 23andme, because those two are different

49% Eastern Europe

26% South Euro

75% European

plus 6% European Jewish( whatever that means, the hotspot is in Poland and Belarus)

Mortimer
03-29-2015, 11:11 PM
49% Eastern Europe

26% South Euro

75% European

plus 6% European Jewish( whatever that means, the hotspot is in Poland and Belarus)

you have higher eastern euro then southern euro i have much higher southern euro, which confirms me again that i could be slavisised greek, because my southern euro component is often high compared to eastern euro, but im surprised because you are bulgarian and bulgarians on 23andme are much more balkan similar to greeks compared to other slavs like croats or serbs

Jizo
03-30-2015, 05:09 PM
you have higher eastern euro then southern euro i have much higher southern euro, which confirms me again that i could be slavisised greek, because my southern euro component is often high compared to eastern euro, but im surprised because you are bulgarian and bulgarians on 23andme are much more balkan similar to greeks compared to other slavs like croats or serbs

23andme has Bulgarians as reference so ofc we score Balkan( which I guess is a mixture of East and South Euro and Kavkaz/Anadola), there are Bulgarians with a bit less and a bit more East Euro then me, I do not think we are closer to Greeks, Serbs and Romanians yes, as for Croats it is possible we score closer to Greeks compared with them :)

It is just odd 23andme says Bulgarians are 99% European(sometimes 100%) and are mostly Balkan which is right an MyOrgisns says we are 75% roughly European, but on MyOrigins there are no Balkan people so they just put us between all the reference populations :)

I notice that Bulgarians with higher South Euro also have higher Eastern Middle East ( or whatever it is called), I guess this is just the East Med component , what do u think:)

Thrax
04-10-2015, 07:07 AM
I score pretty strange for a greek:
21%Western and Central Europe
20% Eastern Europe
9% Southern Europe
49%Asia Minor