PDA

View Full Version : Classify 2 Gaelic football players

Jack B
06-18-2010, 12:01 AM
Please classify 2 popular Irish Gaelic football players, 2 pictures of each, they are 6' and 6'4 respectively if that matters.

Jack B
06-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Anyone?

Oinakos Growion
06-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Kerrymen don't fall into any classification because they're not simply another race, but a different species altogether :D ;)

kwp_wp
06-22-2010, 02:30 PM
let me put it this simple...
first Med (slightly Dinarid maybe?), second Nordid (toward Dalo-Faelid direction)

Agrippa
06-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Both Nordid with Dalofaelid influences. The first might have Atlantid and Dinaroid tendencies, so his Nordid component might be better called "Keltic Nordic".

But overall more Nordid than anything - both of them.

Neanderthal
06-22-2010, 08:03 PM
The first one looks Keltic + Paleo-Atlantid, second one, Phalian.

Bridie
06-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Both Nordid with Dalofaelid influences. The first might have Atlantid and Dinaroid tendencies, so his Nordid component might be better called "Keltic Nordic".

But overall more Nordid than anything - both of them.:mmmm:

That's a very strange assessment Agrippa.

I don't think they're anything Nordic/Nordid at all. I'd say Dinaricised paleoAtlantid for the first lad (with a nose that's been broken many times). The second one is Atlantid + Bruenn. The Bruenn component causing the lighter colouration (and rusfosity).

Treffie
06-23-2010, 04:41 PM
I don't think he looks dinaricised. I think he's pred Atlantid and has had his nose broken a few times, like this Welsh boxer.

http://images.teamtalk.com/08/10/800x600/Nathan-Cleverly_1267668.jpg

Bridie
06-23-2010, 04:44 PM
I don't think he looks dinaricised. I think he's pred Atlantid and has had his nose broken a few times, like this Welsh boxer.

http://images.teamtalk.com/08/10/800x600/Nathan-Cleverly_1267668.jpg
It's not just his nose though... it's also the shape of his face and head... and the way his eyes are quite close together.

Treffie
06-23-2010, 04:49 PM
^ I think he looks typically Irish, so perhaps there's a Bell Beaker element?

Bridie
06-23-2010, 04:54 PM
^ I think he looks typically Irish, so perhaps there's a Bell Beaker element?Yes, I think he looks very typically Irish too. I'm not familiar with the relationship between the Bell Beaker culture and Ireland specifically though.... :embarrassed Could you fill me in? I mean why would he have to have Bell Beaker influences to appear typically Irish?

Treffie
06-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Yes, I think he looks very typically Irish too. I'm not familiar with the relationship between the Bell Beaker culture and Ireland specifically though.... :embarrassed Could you fill me in? I mean why would he have to have Bell Beaker influences to appear typically Irish?

I'm not an expert either, I'm referring to some who classify dinarcised Britons as Bell Beaker types. I think it's easier to quote from wiki :D

Beaker culture

The Bell-Beaker culture (sometimes shortened to Beaker culture, Beaker people, or Beaker folk; German: Glockenbecherkultur), ca. 2400 – 1800 BC,[1] is the term for a widely scattered cultural phenomenon of prehistoric western Europe starting in the late Neolithic or Chalcolithic running into the early Bronze Age.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ea/Beaker_culture.png

Agrippa
06-23-2010, 09:47 PM
The Bell Beakers dominated parts of Britain more than the areas in Central Europe by the way, one reason might have been less competition when they entered it.

Also the Taurid/Dinaroid and Borreby-Alpinoid element was strongest in the earlier Bell Beakers and those of Central Europe. In later times, they were heavily mixed with local Neolithics (Nordoid, Mediterranid, Dalofaelid) and those mixed ones entered Britain, but brought with them still a huge portion of Dinaroid and Borreby-Alpinoid elements.

Some parts of Britain were more influenced by later waves of new settlers (Celts, Romans, Germanics etc.) than Ireland I guess, especially those Irish regions in which there was little English and Viking immigration.

Thats on of the reasons why in certain parts of Ireland are even more of the older elements (Mesolithic Cromagnoids, Megalithic Atlantid and early Metal Age Bell Beakers).

Don
06-24-2010, 01:01 AM
^ I think he looks typically Irish, so perhaps there's a Bell Beaker element?

That face is strange to me and I am old spaniard.
Bell beaker element? No. He looks to me quite eastern.

Bridie
06-24-2010, 01:09 AM
That face is strange to me and I am old spaniard.
Bell beaker element? No. He looks to me quite eastern.The nose makes him look odd. But Eastern? You must be unable to tell the difference... especially considering that you earlier said that a Bulgarian woman who clearly does look Eastern, (according to Eastern Euros themselves) has many Western features and wouldn't look out of place in Spain!!

Don
06-24-2010, 01:55 AM
The nose makes him look odd. But Eastern? You must be unable to tell the difference... especially considering that you earlier said that a Bulgarian woman who clearly does look Eastern, (according to Eastern Euros themselves) has many Western features and wouldn't look out of place in Spain!!

The front, the eyes, the structure of the upper part of the face (ignoring his boxing nose).

I rectified in the comment about that woman. I drunk some wine that day and as I told, her legs disturbed my care in the classification.

Bridie
06-24-2010, 03:42 AM
The front, the eyes, the structure of the upper part of the face (ignoring his boxing nose).Maybe you mean his small, close-set eyes and narrow temple/upper face region? I usually see large, wide-set eyes and wide upper face/cheekbone/temple areas as being Eastern characteristics.