PDA

View Full Version : I am Euro Man

Liffrea
06-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Just a game, it's my contention that I could walk down any street in Europe, be it London, Dublin, Berlin, Oslo, Helsinki, Madrid, Lisbon, Rome, Vienna, Warsaw, Moscow, Athens or Naples and I wouldn't stand out, not a personal observation about my looks or lack of! more an observation about my physical type, it just occured to me as an idea. Perhaps a bad one, who knows.

Anyway here we are:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll54/Liffrea66/100_1354.jpg

So would I look out of place in your street or would you think hey whose that fool?

Others can play the game as well if they choose and are sad enough.

Tabiti
06-21-2010, 07:53 PM
You look exactly British, imo :D

Absinthe
06-21-2010, 07:56 PM
You do have that pan-European look that would let you feel at home anywhere ;)

You wouldn't pass as a typical Greek but you could very easily be one, as your phenotype is not so uncommon here.

Monolith
06-21-2010, 08:05 PM
So would I look out of place in your street or would you think hey whose that fool?

I don't think you would look out of place in my domain. ;)

Neanderthal
06-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Pan-European.

kwp_wp
06-21-2010, 08:22 PM
You could pass as a Pole, easily IMO

Allenson
06-21-2010, 08:29 PM
You look like a ruffian to me. ;)

J/K. You'd fit in around here no problem. Some of the old stock Yankees around here have a similar look to you.

Guapo
06-21-2010, 08:45 PM
You would look out of place everywhere except for Britain, sorry "Euro man" :D

Megrez
06-21-2010, 09:14 PM

Nice Mjollnir.

IMO you look more british than anything, but indeed I guess you could pass as native in most of Europe.

Treffie
06-21-2010, 09:41 PM
I'd call you North Euro man

Liffrea
06-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Allenson
You look like a ruffian to me.

I try.;)

Originally Posted by El Guapo
You would look out of place everywhere except for Britain

Hell I would look out of place in most British inner cities. Or as the late Bernard Manning quipped on a trip to Bradford, "I felt like a spot on a domino".

Originally Posted by Megrez
Nice Mjollnir.

Yes I’m often complimented on the size of my hammer.:D

Pallantides
06-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Just a game, it's my contention that I could walk down any street in Europe, be it London, Dublin, Berlin, Oslo, Helsinki, Madrid, Lisbon, Rome, Vienna, Warsaw, Moscow, Athens or Naples and I wouldn't stand out, not a personal observation about my looks or lack of! more an observation about my physical type, it just occured to me as an idea. Perhaps a bad one, who knows.

Anyway here we are:

Others can play the game as well if they choose and are sad enough.

You give me Trond Giske vibes
http://www.okokrim.no/aktuelt_arkiv/miljokrim/magasinet/2007-2-3/img/giske.jpg

I guess that is a yes.

Oinakos Growion
06-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Knowing you're English I can see the "Englishness" in you... :D But then again, yeah, if you came to my hometown your face wouldn't really stand out. You actually remind me of a couple of people I know.

Funny thing is that I'm the same. I mean, of the countries I've been to I've always passed as a local (until I opened my mouth or somebody started talking to me that is! ;) ).

Jack B
06-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Yeah you could pass as a local here

Agrippa
06-22-2010, 12:54 AM
General European look indeed, rather Northern but not as much for not having similar variants further South or East so to say.

One can see a certain British look in you, but I don't know whether I would have noticed it, at least going after this picture, if not knowing.

You give me Trond Giske vibes

I don't think Liffrea looks like that guy, but rather is basically Nordid with an influence like this guy. So standard Nordid + Trond Giske would make it...

Atlanto-Nordid + Cromagnoid-Alpinoid - both in the widest sense, are obviously the base in of a lot of populations in Europe...