PDA

View Full Version : What will be Obama's first major mistake?

Vulpix
01-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Among all the Obamania hysteria... what do you think is going to be Obama's first major mistake? When do you see that happening?

Share your speculations ;).

EDIT: In terms of hurting his popularity (?).

MarcvSS
01-21-2009, 03:04 PM
He allready made his first mistake...

He reached out to the Muslim world.:mad:

Ulf
01-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Any gun-restricting legislation.

Ĉmeric
01-21-2009, 03:48 PM
The economy. Any stimulus package he & the Democrats put into effect & doesn't work - like printing money to inflate the economy. It's going to happen. And knowing politicians there will be plenty of fraud involved with the trillions of dollars they plan on creating.

Also any White-bashing. There's a black president, all but the most liberal & stupid of White voters will find any whining about racial injustice hypocritical.

Stossy
01-21-2009, 03:52 PM
He made his mistake already. He said that he could change America...

Revenant
01-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Also any White-bashing. There's a black president, all but the most liberal & stupid of White voters will find any whining about racial injustice hypocritical.

They couldn't even wait till after the inauguration for that could they.:rolleyes2:

Yes the economy, that will more than likely be his biggest mistake. Leftists always find new and inventive ways to fuck that up.

But unless it's really major like a war or a massive economic catastrophe whatever the mistake it will be swept under the rug or blamed on someone else (Bush) by the media.

SuuT
01-21-2009, 05:23 PM
The economy. Any stimulus package he & the Democrats put into effect & doesn't work - like printing money to inflate the economy. It's going to happen. And knowing politicians there will be plenty of fraud involved with the trillions of dollars they plan on creating.

Related to this, what little TV I watch has been inundated with reverse racism. For example, and to paraphrase, "everything is truly equal now", "America has really achieved its goal", "We are now a more 'representative' nation", etc.

I thought that the goal of the civil rights movement in America was to eliminate the concept of race; and now we are seeing an entire nation at the ready to bronze the f*$&er for no other reason than his race. :confused:

In short, Obama has already committed his first mistake by not taking this inverted racism by the horns.

So much for lables: the majority of his appointed cabinet received their position because of their race. - and all of America, and the world, is gobbling it up and yawping, "oooooooooooooohhhh, TASTY!"

Ipso Facto , there is no longer the need for the NAACP, Affirmative Action, the B.E.T. channel, or any blather on the PBS about 'African American Lives'.

It will be interesting to see how much more has to be handed to these people, for free, to see it all back-fire.

GUSTAVUS ADOLPHUS
01-21-2009, 07:49 PM
He made his mistake already. He said that he could change America...

Yeah, changing America is a bit of a Pandora's box.

Treffie
01-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Being born?:rolleyes:

Psychonaut
01-21-2009, 10:40 PM

You're definitely right on this one. His economic measures will not only be the quickest to implement, but also some of the most damning. I just pray that the economic collapse can be staved off until I leave this island.

Vulpix
01-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Maybe I wasn't too clear, this is what I meant: what do you think is going to be Obama's first major mistake - as in an event that will severly hurt his popularity - now that his electoral term has started? (Being born doesn't count :D.)

Vargtand
01-21-2009, 10:59 PM
I don't know... actually showing what he thinks of things? At least over here the only thing positive you hear about Obama is how people feel that he is good and will do great things.. yet I've never really heard what he is going to do...

But I guess that is the curse of having a popularity contest as a basis for elections...

Stegura
01-22-2009, 02:40 AM
-Obama will have the White House repainted brown

-Obama will have the Oval Office renamed as the "Dr. Martin Luther King Jr." Office

-Obama will fire Vice President Biden and replace him with Louis Farakhan.