PDA

View Full Version : Classify three Sicilian guys

dawson
04-09-2015, 10:47 PM
http://liberaterra.it/en/

http://www.iitaly.org/files/14image/liberaterra32.jpg

Seth MacFarlane
04-09-2015, 10:51 PM
I'm bout to pm you , as for the post needs better pics but the guy in the middle and end pass as middle eastern

Sikeliot
04-09-2015, 10:55 PM
Alpine, Dinarid, Dinaro-Med in that order.

spanish catalan
04-09-2015, 10:57 PM
atlanto-med, dinarid and dinaro-med

Tooting Carmen
04-09-2015, 10:59 PM
Atlanto-Alpine-Med mixes.

dawson
04-09-2015, 11:01 PM
I'm bout to pm you , as for the post needs better pics but the guy in the middle and end pass as middle eastern

that's not how average ME look, sorry.

dawson
04-09-2015, 11:02 PM
Alpine, Dinarid, Dinaro-Med in that order.

the guy in the middle reminds me "Mark" of TA

Sikeliot
04-09-2015, 11:03 PM
the guy in the middle reminds me "Mark" of TA

Genetically they are probably similar, since Ashkenazi Jews and southern Italians are.

dawson
04-09-2015, 11:08 PM
Genetically they are probably similar, since Ashkenazi Jews and southern Italians are.

I forgot he was Jewish, rather British or something

Seth MacFarlane
04-09-2015, 11:10 PM
that's not how average ME look, sorry.

Your probably right but they have a look I associate with Sicilians , calabrese , Greek islanders. Dinaro east med then but then again telling by your signature you don't believ in east med either do you ? Lol

Sikeliot
04-09-2015, 11:11 PM
Your probably right but they have a look I associate with Sicilians , calabrese , Greek islanders. Dinaro east med then but then again telling by your signature you don't believ in east med either do you ? Lol

dawson has fairly Nordicist views, you're not going to see eye to eye with him no matter how you try. :lol:

Sikeliot
04-09-2015, 11:15 PM
Your probably right but they have a look I associate with Sicilians , calabrese , Greek islanders.

Depends which islanders. The northern set of islands -- Limnos, Lesbos, Chios, etc. -- they look more like mainland Greeks, and are genetically shifted to them. The southern set, like Crete and the Dodecanese, are those more similar to southern Italy.

dawson
04-09-2015, 11:17 PM
dawson has fairly Nordicist views, you're not going to see eye to eye with him no matter how you try. :lol:

I am not Nordicist at all, man. And you know it.

Sikeliot
04-09-2015, 11:17 PM
I am not Nordicist at all, man. And you know it.

You like to post a "sanitized" version of southern phenotypes, except Iberians which you like to portray them as homogeneously dark.

dawson
04-09-2015, 11:24 PM
You like to post a "sanitized" version of southern phenotypes, except Iberians which you like to portray them as homogeneously dark.

they probably have more "darker" types than any other Southern countries

Seth MacFarlane
04-09-2015, 11:38 PM

It's denial and hatred of non euros. Like the middle eastern are vultures or scum.theres Sicilians that have west again genes , east med phenos and they cluster closer to people from the eastern Mediterranean then they do most of Europe. Even just the med area alone they look closer to Lebanese then to spaniards

dawson
04-09-2015, 11:42 PM

you think 45% of Portuguese pass in Ireland, that is the problem.

dawson
04-09-2015, 11:46 PM
It's denial and hatred of non euros. Like the middle eastern are vultures or scum.theres Sicilians that have west again genes , east med phenos and they cluster closer to people from the eastern Mediterranean then they do most of Europe. Even just the med area alone they look closer to Lebanese then to spaniards

they're not scum, they're just different Southern Europeans.

Sikeliot
04-10-2015, 12:00 AM

There are similarities to both Spaniards (especially coastal regions in southeastern Spain) and to Lebanese. Other Spaniards, like Galicia and Asturias, look more western/northern.

Seth MacFarlane
04-10-2015, 12:02 AM
they're not scum, they're just different Southern Europeans.

Your right they're not the same. But what you don't seem to understand as that even I they aren't fully middle eastern doesn't mean that sicilians can't have middle eastern genes. If they didn't had those genes they wouldn't cluster with Ashkenazi Jews the closest and none would resemble Lebanese or Levantine. I'm not saying every Sicilian is basically Levantine but it shouldn't be uncommon to you by now. I'll say again they cluster with groups who have similar mixes of west asian. southern euros on the whole don't cluster like this but SICILIANS do. My Sicilian grandfather would look atypical in most of southern euro besides Sicily. He'll pass in Lebanon better than the rest of the med or as a Sephardic Jew

Sikeliot
04-10-2015, 12:04 AM
Your right they're not the same. But what you don't seem to understand as that even I they aren't fully middle eastern doesn't mean that sicilians can't have middle eastern genes. If they didn't had those genes they wouldn't cluster with Ashkenazi Jews the closest and none would resemble Lebanese or Levantine. I'm not saying every Sicilian is basically Levantine but it shouldn't be uncommon to you by now. I'll say again they cluster with groups who have similar mixes of west asian. southern euros on the whole don't cluster like this but SICILIANS do. My Sicilian grandfather would look atypical in most of southern euro besides Sicily. He'll pass in Lebanon better than the rest of the med or as a Sephardic Jew

There was a study that showed that Ashkenazis, Sicilians, and Maltese have extra/more recent Near Eastern input than the rest of Europe. Now, this does not mean they're non-European, it just means they are genetically slightly different. There is nothing wrong with this and it's not a source of shame.. in fact, it is a reason to be proud. The Near East is one of the most historically significant regions, and the foundations of modern culture.

Mn The Loki TA Son
04-10-2015, 12:19 AM
Yes, your right. Agreed.

Damiăo de Góis
04-10-2015, 01:16 AM
they probably have more "darker" types than any other Southern countries

This idea is extremely popular among forum italians. Especially after the genetic projects appeared.

Ctwentysevenj
04-10-2015, 06:22 AM
The Arabs were only in Sicily for 75 years, and not the whole island, and that was over 1 thousand years ago.