PDA

View Full Version : New Member Stygian Cellarius

Stygian Cellarius
06-23-2010, 01:26 AM
Greetings fellow forumites,

I've been considering joining this forum for awhile, but had my online time occupied with other fora.

Two things contributed to my joining:

1. To expand network of "European Preservationist" intellectuals (there must be some).
2. A fellow 23andme genome sharer KEN, who I see has contributed a heavy post count here, asked me to join and it was good timing on his part.

Forum Handle at Forumbiodiversity: Stygian Cellarius
Forum Handle at Skadi: Stygian Cellarius (formerly: infratetraskelion)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Pallantides
06-23-2010, 01:29 AM
Welcome Stygian! :thumb001:

Loki
06-23-2010, 01:32 AM
Welcome to the forum! :)

Guapo
06-23-2010, 01:45 AM
Welcome

The Lawspeaker
06-23-2010, 01:48 AM
Welcome to the Jungle !

Psychonaut
06-23-2010, 03:00 AM
I will always extend a warm welcome to a fellow R1a1. :)

Oinakos Growion
06-23-2010, 03:11 AM
Welcome :)

Radojica
06-23-2010, 03:20 AM
Lol, Ken is acting worst that Jehovah witnesses it seems :lol:

Welcome here :=)

Smaland
06-23-2010, 03:38 AM

Grumpy Cat
06-23-2010, 03:59 AM
Welcome. I've seen you on ABF even though I don't post there often.

Cato
06-23-2010, 04:27 AM
Hello and stay cool.

Treffie
06-23-2010, 07:48 AM
It's about time too! :thumb001:

Fortis in Arduis
06-23-2010, 08:00 AM
Welcome. I want to know, is Baltimore really like this?

tE9-eh1bWOc

Lulletje Rozewater
06-23-2010, 09:09 AM

Is that a mutation of H1N1??????:D

Tolleson
06-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Arrow Cross
06-23-2010, 04:04 PM
1uyB0nETpiE

Äike
06-23-2010, 04:09 PM
Welcome to The Apricity.

kwp_wp
06-23-2010, 04:33 PM

me too :)
welcome

Beorn
06-23-2010, 04:43 PM

I have a rash underneath my manhood. Do I require a cream or steroids?

Germanicus
06-23-2010, 08:11 PM

Could be a Doby rash, change the type of soap you use, last time i had this was 1983.

Hello and welcome...:)

Fortis in Arduis
06-23-2010, 08:25 PM

Try using anti-dandruff shampoo instead of shower gel or ordinary bar soap.

It works for my sweat rash, which itches all over my back, usually after I have been on the lash or eating too many sweet things.

Monolith
06-23-2010, 08:27 PM

Eldritch
06-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Welcome on board. Any relative on KEN is a relative of mine! :thumb001:

In spirit at least. :wink

I would be interested in the origins of your remarkable username. :)

Stygian Cellarius
06-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Welcome Stygian!:thumb001:

Well hello there Mr. Pallantides. Nice seeing you here. :thumbs up

Thank you for the welcome.

Welcome

and you as well El Guapo

Welcome to the Jungle !

Uh-oh, I wonder what that means.

Greetings, ontological cogitator. You are also a Western R1a1a? A French R1a1a? I always get quite excited when I run into another.

Thank you Mr. Growion

Lol, Ken is acting worst that Jehovah witnesses it seems

Welcome here :=)

Heh, yeah, well that is a good thing. Establishing a connection between people and good information is commendable.

Thank you Smaland

Welcome. I've seen you on ABF even though I don't post there often.

Aye

Hello and stay cool.

Hello to you. I guess we will just have to wait and see how cool I stay.

It's about time too!

Hello Ken, yes it is.

I see you are not only Jungle Monkey champ, but also Highway Hunter champ. You have, what I believe to be a mangled Kitten in your signature and a bird as your avatar. I just don't know what to say about all that... :p

Welcome. I want to know, is Baltimore really like this?

To a "T".

Welcome to the forum

Thank you Tolleson.

Welcome to Apricity

Thank you Põhjamaalane, I hope I enjoy my stay. I can't imagine otherwise.

me too :)
welcome

Hello fellow R1a1a'er. Although, you are a Pole and that is to be expected, but one is only truely special when they are a Northwestern R1a1a'er. :p Just kidding, Have you considered getting tested for R1a1a7?

SILENCE FOOL! :laugh:

Hello and welcome...:)

Thank you Germanicus and Hello to you.

Welcome...:)

Thank you Monolith

Welcome on board. Any relative on KEN is a relative of mine! :thumb001:

In spirit at least.

Well, we are not relatives. We are just sharing genomes electronically for comparison. However, we do rank very high on each others genetic similarity list. One of my top 3 (out of 50 or so) and I believe I am his highest match so far.

I would be interested in the origins of your remarkable username. :)

Thanks for the compliment. I like this name very much. The word "Stygian" means:
1. of or pertaining to the river Styx or to Hades.
2. dark or gloomy.
3. infernal; hellish.
...and can be often found in one of my favorite Epics, The Aeneid.

"Thus having said, she sinks beneath the ground,
With furious haste, and shoots the Stygian sound,
To rouse Alecto from th' infernal seat"

To sing what slaughter manly Turnus made,
What souls he sent below the Stygian shade.

"Cellarius" is my last name and means "Cellar". The adjective "Stygian" preceeding "Cellarius" works well because it would be describing both myself and my surname as a noun in itself. Of course, it is somewhat misleading because I'm actually good and not bad. ;)

Osweo
06-23-2010, 11:46 PM
Howdo! :yo:

Nice to read Vergilius quotes in an intro thread! :cheers:

Óttar
06-24-2010, 12:09 AM
Wilkommen im Forum.

Psychonaut
06-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Greetings, ontological cogitator. You are also a Western R1a1a? A French R1a1a? I always get quite excited when I run into another.

I'm not yet sure if I'm R1a1a, my test didn't go quite that far in depth. I'm also unsure as to the exact origin of my unusual R1a1 variant (made abnormal by having a value of 14 on DYS 426) as I've detailed in previous (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1819&postcount=4) postings (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61770&postcount=1). :)

Aemma
06-24-2010, 12:49 AM
Hello and welcome here Stygian Cellarius. Please make yourself at home and join in the fun. We`re a pretty good bunch (of misfits :D). I think you'll fit in mighty well here. Glad Treffie (Ken) has asked you to join us. :)

Cheers for now!...Aemma :)

Don
06-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Saludos. Sed bienvenido.

Stefan
06-24-2010, 12:55 AM
Glad to have you here Stygian. Welcome!

Bloodeagle
06-24-2010, 05:52 AM
Welcome Stygian from a western R1a1*.:thumb001:

Murphy
06-24-2010, 06:10 AM

What will it take to convert you to the Catholic faith?

Groenewolf
06-24-2010, 06:28 AM
Welcome.

Stygian Cellarius
06-24-2010, 11:52 PM
Howdo! :yo:

Nice to read Vergilius quotes in an intro thread! :cheers:

I do well and it was nice to type them. Iliad, Nibelungenlied and Aeneid really do something for me that no other literature can. The Kalevala is the only epic I have yet to read. It sits on my bookshelf. Have you read it? If so, how does it compare?

Wilkommen im Forum.

Thank you Óttar

I'm not yet sure if I'm R1a1a, my test didn't go quite that far in depth. I'm also unsure as to the exact origin of my unusual R1a1 variant (made abnormal by having a value of 14 on DYS 426) as I've detailed in previous (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1819&postcount=4) postings (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61770&postcount=1). :)

I would bet you are R1a1a.
I wonder if the unusual DYS value is only unusual from a macro point of view, meaning that relative to most R1a1, East of Germany (~90% or so), it is unusual? Is it unusual in Western Europe as well or have you not had alot to compare it to?

I trace my R1a1a to Wales. Another unlikely origin. However, a Welsh port was just the location my ancestor left and not necessarily where he was from.

Hello and welcome here Stygian Cellarius. Please make yourself at home and join in the fun. We`re a pretty good bunch (of misfits :D). I think you'll fit in mighty well here. Glad Treffie (Ken) has asked you to join us. :)

Cheers for now!...Aemma :)

Thanks again Aemma, I find myself liking the place very much. I already see the potential for this forum to become my favorite :)

Cheers to you as well :)

Saludos. Sed bienvenido.

Thank you Cristiano Viejo

Glad to have you here Stygian. Welcome!

Thank you young man and I am glad to see you here.

Welcome Stygian from a western R1a1*.:thumb001:

An Anglo-R1a1'er eh? You're the second I've come across. Excellent.

What will it take to convert you to the Catholic faith?

If you can logically demonstrate why Catholic culture is the most effective group evolutionary strategy. If you can demonstrate why its collection and configuration of positive cultural elements are superior to all others, from a survival perspective - that might do it.

Welcome.

Thank you Groenewolf

Psychonaut
06-25-2010, 12:05 AM
I would bet you are R1a1a.
I wonder if the unusual DYS value is only unusual from a macro point of view, meaning that relative to most R1a1, East of Germany (~90% or so), it is unusual? Is it unusual in Western Europe as well or have you not had alot to compare it to?

It's an extremely unusual DYS value for all R1a branches. Outside of Louisianians who share my surname, I've only found two people (a Swede and a Russian) who are both R1a and share that mutation. Strangely, I am three or four steps off from both of them, while those that I am closest to (one step off) have a value of 13 for that DYS. I've seen 13 for a few Indian fellows as well, but anything above 12 seems out of the ordinary for R1a.

I trace my R1a1a to Wales. Another unlikely origin. However, a Welsh port was just the location my ancestor left and not necessarily where he was from.

Do you suspect it's a Norse line?

Thorum
06-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Welcome brother and comrade!! Been to Hammerjacks? I have many memories from Baltimore...My buddy Frank, the singer, still plays in a band and lives there:

Filthy Rotten Sex Machine (http://www.myspace.com/filthyrottensexmachine)

Stygian Cellarius
06-25-2010, 01:36 AM
Welcome brother and comrade!! Been to Hammerjacks? I have many memories from Baltimore...My buddy Frank, the singer, still plays in a band and lives there:

Filthy Rotten Sex Machine (http://www.myspace.com/filthyrottensexmachine)

I saw a band called Cannibal Corpse and the Misfits there about 12 years ago, just before they demolished it to built Raven Stadium. They re-opened it as a nightclub a few years later in Mount Vernon, but the building was sold and is now another nightclub. Hammerjacks no longer exists.

:)

Thorum
06-25-2010, 01:45 AM
I saw a band called Cannibal Corpse and the Misfits there about 12 years ago, just before they demolished it to built Raven Stadium. They re-opened it as a nightclub a few years later in Mount Vernon, but the building was sold and is now another nightclub. Hammerjacks no longer exists.

:)

Yes, tis sad. Misfits......must have been great!! I saw the Ramones there, Buzzcocks, the rest gets a bit hazy...;)

We pretty much went to the 9:30 Club in DC after Hammers closed...

Liffrea
06-25-2010, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by Stygian Cellarius
I do well and it was nice to type them. Iliad, Nibelungenlied and Aeneid really do something for me that no other literature can. The Kalevala is the only epic I have yet to read. It sits on my bookshelf. Have you read it? If so, how does it compare?

It sits on my book shelf unread as well, largely Tolkien’s fault and Korpilkaani. I’m mainly interested in its influence on Tolkien’s work and it’s probable connections with Norse mythology. I will get round to it one day, for now it looks dejected.

Anyway welcome.:)

Aemma
06-25-2010, 11:47 PM
Thanks again Aemma, I find myself liking the place very much. I already see the potential for this forum to become my favorite :)

Cheers to you as well :)

This is always great to hear! :) I warn you, this place not only becomes one's favourite forum but takes a hold of you and doesn't let you wrestle from its grip. Like many drugs, it's quite habit forming. Very few are able to kick the habit successfully. The recidivism rate is extremely high. :D

Eldritch
06-26-2010, 12:21 AM

Which translation is it? :)

Stygian Cellarius
06-29-2010, 02:26 AM
Which translation is it? :)

Oxford Uni Press, Keith Bosley Translation.

Osweo
06-29-2010, 02:31 AM
The Kalevala is the only epic I have yet to read. It sits on my bookshelf. Have you read it? If so, how does it compare?

Oooh... Many years ago. It's magical. It's more cosmogony than your typical 'heroic sage' kind of epic, though. No scene in it involves more than three persons, from my memory. Nothing is even pseudohistorical. All very elemental. Powerful stuff, pick it off the shelf!