PDA

View Full Version : Classify me and my fiancee.

DeusVult
04-14-2015, 09:16 PM
Classify me and my fiancee and try to guess where we are from.

Hints:
We both have 2 ethnicities.
My two ethnicities are from two different meta-ethnicities.
Her two ethnicities are from the same meta-ethnicity.
Our primary (the majority of our bloodline) ethnicities are different.
Our secondary (minority of our bloodline) are the same.

My hair color is dark brown. The products I use make it look black.
My eyes are olive-ish green.

Her hair is light brown but she dyes it blonde.
Her eyes are blue-green.

Good luck. :thumbs up

Shah-Jehan
04-14-2015, 09:19 PM
You: alpine-med + CM
Fiance: alpine-med

DeusVult
04-14-2015, 09:30 PM
You: alpine-med + CM
Fiance: alpine-med

Thanks for the classification! Where would you place us as far as countries / ethnic groups are concerned?

DeusVult
04-14-2015, 11:59 PM
Anyone else?

spanish catalan
04-15-2015, 12:05 AM
you: atlantid + cm
fiancee: subnordid

DeusVult
04-15-2015, 12:32 AM
you: atlantid + cm
fiancee: subnordid

What do you see that would make us fit into these groups? Where do you think we fit ethnically?

spanish catalan
04-15-2015, 12:41 AM
What do you see that would make us fit into these groups? Where do you think we fit ethnically?

western and central europe

DeusVult
04-15-2015, 12:52 AM
western and central europe

Interesting! I do have a central European ethnic background. She however, neither has a western nor central background.

dawson
04-15-2015, 01:16 AM
Alpine (you)
Subnordid (her)

I bet you're both half German

DeusVult
04-15-2015, 01:27 AM
Alpine (you)
Subnordid (her)

Neither of us have modern German ancestry although you are close. Think East.

So far I've been classified as alpine-med + cm, atlantid + cm, and alpine. And she has been classified as alpine-med and subnordid (x2).
So I am guessing the subnordid features are pretty strong in her?

DeusVult
04-15-2015, 12:18 PM
No more guesses? OK. We are both Polish and I have Italian blood and she has Belarusian blood. :D

Longbowman
04-15-2015, 12:36 PM
Where in Poland is she from? Podlasie?

Dylan
04-15-2015, 12:41 PM
You're wife looks Germanic, but with something more western combined maybe. You look germanic, but with something more southern in there. You're a good looking couple!

DeusVult
04-15-2015, 12:42 PM
Where in Poland is she from? Podlasie?

Her family is from Brest, Belarus but there are still many Poles from that area and that's where her Polish side is from.

DeusVult
04-15-2015, 12:45 PM
You're wife looks Germanic, but with something more western combined maybe. You look germanic, but with something more southern in there. You're a good looking couple!

Thank you! :D

It's interesting that people on this thread have thought her to be Germanic / Western. She is fully Slavic (Belarusian, Polish). Perhaps heavy Viking influence? And I am Slavic (Polish) and Romance (Southern Italian) so that fits me.

Longbowman
04-15-2015, 12:48 PM

It's interesting that people on this thread have thought her to be Germanic / Western. She is fully Slavic (Belarusian, Polish). Perhaps heavy Viking influence? And I am Slavic (Polish) and Romance (Southern Italian) so that fits me.

She looks pretty Baltic/NE European to me :)

Dylan
04-15-2015, 12:49 PM

Now that I look at her again after you saying that, she does look slavic. I'm usually good at spotting Belarussian guys, but not girls. I don't know much about vikings, so I couldn't say anything for that, but Poles often have a semi germanic appearance.
It is funny how I thought half german for both of you when you were both half polish!

Dylan
04-15-2015, 12:50 PM
Alpine (you)
Subnordid (her)

exactly what i was thinking

DeusVult
04-15-2015, 12:52 PM
She looks pretty Baltic/NE European to me :)

That's what I was thinking too. :) She seems like she has some Baltic / Neo-Danubian / Nordic-ish mix going on.

I still can't figure myself out though. It's much harder to classify your own self than someone else. :lol:

Longbowman
04-15-2015, 12:57 PM
That's what I was thinking too. :) She seems like she has some Baltic / Neo-Danubian / Nordic-ish mix going on.

I still can't figure myself out though. It's much harder to classify your own self than someone else. :lol:

She fits well in the area she's from. Puts to mind my NE Polish friends + a hint of Lithuanian/Latvian.

You're a more serious mix. Perhaps people say you look [southern] German is some kind of mid-point between Campania and Warsaw voivodeship?

DeusVult
04-15-2015, 12:58 PM
Now that I look at her again after you saying that, she does look slavic. I'm usually good at spotting Belarussian guys, but not girls. I don't know much about vikings, so I couldn't say anything for that, but Poles often have a semi germanic appearance.
It is funny how I thought half german for both of you when you were both half polish!

I wonder if that Germanic appearance has to do with lingering Prussian genetics or earlier Viking ones. It's interesting! And I won't hold the German thing against you. :D

DeusVult
04-15-2015, 01:02 PM
She fits well in the area she's from. Puts to mind my NE Polish friends + a hint of Lithuanian/Latvian.

You're a more serious mix. Perhaps people say you look [southern] German is some kind of mid-point between Campania and Warsaw voivodeship?

That's a good possibility. Southern Germany would be a good fit for me, not just physically but also culturally ( Conservative, Catholic, Traditional - broad generalizations though).

Dylan
04-15-2015, 01:08 PM
That's a good possibility. Southern Germany would be a good fit for me, not just physically but also culturally ( Conservative, Catholic, Traditional - broad generalizations though).

Conservative, Catholic, and Traditional! I as well. We are a rare group my friend!

DeusVult
04-15-2015, 01:16 PM
Conservative, Catholic, and Traditional! I as well. We are a rare group my friend!

Amen! But always remember...
"Even if Catholics faithful to tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the True Church of Jesus Christ." - St. Athanasius

Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium. Ímperet ílli Déus, súpplices deprecámur: tuque, prínceps milítiæ cæléstis, Sátanam aliósque spíritus malígnos, qui ad perditiónem animárum pervagántur in múndo, divína virtúte, in inférnum detrúde. Ámen. :fpope:

DeusVult
04-15-2015, 01:43 PM
Ur fiance is from Romania, very typical.

What's typically Romanian about her?

Sikeliot
04-15-2015, 02:54 PM
You look kind of northern Italian, Austrian, Croat, Serb etc to me. You don't look southern Italian in the slightest. I know someone who looks like you who is Serbian, but they are built differently.

I guess that makes logical sense though.. half southern Italian, half Polish should come out looking Balkan Slav, as Balkan Slavs are intermediate between Greeks (who are more or less the same as southern Italians phenotypically/genetically in some regions of the country) and Slavs proper.

DeusVult
04-15-2015, 03:04 PM
You look kind of northern Italian, Austrian, Croat, Serb etc to me. You don't look southern Italian in the slightest. I know someone who looks like you who is Serbian, but they are built differently.

I guess that makes logical sense though.. half southern Italian, half Polish should come out looking Balkan Slav, as Balkan Slavs are intermediate between Greeks (who are more or less the same as southern Italians phenotypically/genetically in some regions of the country) and Slavs proper.

That does make sense. I've taken some trips to Croatia and Bosnia and I have been mistaken for a local. And on the other hand a shopkeeper in Palermo was convinced that I was German - even after I started speaking a few sentences in Sicilian. :lol:

Sikeliot
04-15-2015, 03:07 PM
That does make sense. I've taken some trips to Croatia and Bosnia and I have been mistaken for a local. And on the other hand a shopkeeper in Palermo was convinced that I was German - even after I started speaking a few sentences in Sicilian. :lol:

What did the people look like in Palermo? I have ancestry from there. I've been told there are a wide range of physical appearances and I am curious what you saw. Some people in my family from there are very light and typically "Italic", others could be mistaken as Syrian.

I could see you as German also. I guess your look is just generally Central to Southeast European, such that you could pass in Germany, Austria, North Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, and you look neither distinctly Germanic nor Slavic.

It's also worth it to note that language barriers do not determine genes and appearance. For instance, southern Italians were not always Romance speakers, and Balkan Slavs are Slavicized, etc.

DeusVult
04-15-2015, 04:17 PM
What did the people look like in Palermo? I have ancestry from there. I've been told there are a wide range of physical appearances and I am curious what you saw. Some people in my family from there are very light and typically "Italic", others could be mistaken as Syrian.

I could see you as German also. I guess your look is just generally Central to Southeast European, such that you could pass in Germany, Austria, North Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, and you look neither distinctly Germanic nor Slavic.

It's also worth it to note that language barriers do not determine genes and appearance. For instance, southern Italians were not always Romance speakers, and Balkan Slavs are Slavicized, etc.

In Palermo you can find any usual Sicilian phenotype due to migration and urbanization. I'd also say you'd find more people with Norman and Semitic ancestry there than in any other part of the island. I saw a lot of the light eyes - curly hair combos. It really is a diverse city, though.

I'd say your analysis is correct. A part of the difficulty of auto-classifying myself is that I am mixed, and could possibly fit in many places. But what you say sounds accurate. What is also interesting is that I "feel" more central European in temperament, attitude and in general worldview. My Italian relatives tell me to lighten up all the time. :biggrin:

Davy Jones's Locker
04-16-2015, 06:16 PM
Male: Pred Alpinid (+Dinarid?)
Female: Baltid.

DeusVult
04-16-2015, 07:26 PM
Male: Pred Alpinid (+Dinarid?)
Female: Baltid.

Sounds legit. I guess the consensus is that I am a bit Alpine-ish with either atlantid or dinarid tendencies.

dawson
04-17-2015, 03:31 PM
Southern Italians were not always Romance speakers

Explain, please.

Sikeliot
04-17-2015, 03:32 PM
Explain, please.

In ancient times they spoke Greek, are you that unaware of history?

Longbowman
04-17-2015, 03:32 PM
In ancient times they spoke Greek, are you that unaware of history?

Before that, pre-Indo-European.

Sikeliot
04-17-2015, 03:36 PM
Before that, pre-Indo-European.

Yes, which furthers my point haha. No one has only spoken languages from any one family for all of history.

dawson
04-17-2015, 03:40 PM
In ancient times they spoke Greek

I forgot it, being latinized over the centuries.