PDA

View Full Version : Islamic State gains ground near capital of Iraq's Anbar province

European Knight
04-16-2015, 08:47 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/15/us-mideast-crisis-iraq-anbar-idUSKBN0N611G20150415

(Reuters) - Islamic State militants gained ground in western Iraq on Wednesday, overrunning several villages on the edge of the capital of Anbar province, police sources and local officials said.

Iraqi police came under attack from the insurgents at dawn in Albu Ghanim and withdrew from the area, about 5 km (3 miles) northeast of the provincial capital Ramadi, sending hundreds of families fleeing.

The militants blew up the police station in Albu Ghanim and advanced further toward Ramadi, seizing the villages of Sofia, Albu Khalifa and Sor, police sources and members of the provincial council said.

Abu Jasim, who left Albu Ghanim soon after it fell early on Wednesday, said the insurgents had set up a checkpoint at the main entrance to the village and planted their black flag there.

"IS stopped us and said we have came to liberate you from these Safavids and rejectionists," Abu Jasim said. Safavid and rejectionist are derogatory terms used by hardline Sunni Islamists to refer to Shi'ites.

"We told them we were leaving because the kids were terrified. They let us go, and we saw bodies lying in the streets, some police and others civilians."

The militants have been making inroads on Ramadi's northern periphery since the government announced a new offensive last week to recapture parts of the Sunni heartland of Anbar, large parts of which Islamic State has held for the past year.

adsız
04-16-2015, 09:06 PM
ISIS has got a huge support of Arabs in Iraq and Syria. This makes ISIS LEGAL.
The one who is illegal terrorist is those aliens coming by flying machines and bombing innocent civilians in the region for years.

Ballist
04-16-2015, 09:08 PM
Why won't they just let the Kurds fight them, the Iraqi Army is fucking shit even though they have better equipment than them. The Kurds have a fighting spirit. Papa America needs to stay out of this for once. Let them take responsibility.

Loki
04-16-2015, 09:09 PM
The one who is illegal terrorist is those aliens coming by flying machines and bombing innocent civilians in the region for years.

lol, a huge support of Arabs who are lucky enough to be bloodthirsty Sunni radicals. Not so much Shia, or any minority religion community ;)

Loki
04-16-2015, 09:11 PM
Why won't they just let the Kurds fight them, the Iraqi Army is fucking shit even though they have better equipment than them. The Kurds have a fighting spirit. Papa America needs to stay out of this for once. Let them take responsibility.

The Kurds are fighting them. We should send a serious multinational force of the US, Russia, Japan, China etc to completely eliminate them. Destroy every single ISIS supporter - male, female, child.

Excel
04-16-2015, 09:14 PM
Why would the Kurds be stupid enough to fight ISIS? Besides the Kurds are sunnis and many of them are within ISIS.

The US needs to STOP supporting Iran and Assad and quit targetting the Arab Sunnis.

Excel
04-16-2015, 09:17 PM
The Kurds are fighting them. We should send a serious multinational force of the US, Russia, Japan, China etc to completely eliminate them. Destroy every single ISIS supporter - male, female, child.

This is not about ISIS, this is turning into Sunni vs Shia or should I say Sunnis defending themselves agaisnt Shia militia's spear headed by Iran.

adsız
04-16-2015, 09:20 PM

Kurds cant make real manly war. Dont believe in western propaganda.

When ISIS got near to Ayn AL-Arab, all kurdish men escaped to Turkey. They are good at terrorism, hiding in caves.
There was another kurdis "warior" group went to war. they also returned after 2-3 hours.
Without western bombs; no Saudi, no kurd, no Egyptian Generals.

Loki
04-16-2015, 09:22 PM
Why would the Kurds be stupid enough to fight ISIS? Besides the Kurds are sunnis and many of them are within ISIS.

Because ISIS are bloodthirsty lunatics. There are no Kurds who are in ISIS. The Kurds are already fighting ISIS.

The US needs to STOP supporting Iran and Assad and quit targetting the Arab Sunnis.

Nonsense. The US needs to START supporting Assad and Iran. Russia too, more intensely. Down with the Sunni inhumane motherfuckers.

Loki
04-16-2015, 09:23 PM
This is not about ISIS, this is turning into Sunni vs Shia or should I say Sunnis defending themselves agaisnt Shia militia's spear headed by Iran.

Of course it's about ISIS.

Pennywise
04-16-2015, 09:35 PM
Kurds cant make real manly war. Dont believe in western propaganda.

When ISIS got near to Ayn AL-Arab, all kurdish men escaped to Turkey. They are good at terrorism, hiding in caves.
There was another kurdis "warior" group went to war. they also returned after 2-3 hours.
Without western bombs; no Saudi, no kurd, no Egyptian Generals.

Indeed. But in the social media, they are manipulated as Freedom Fighters, people said "they fought like lions!" or etc. hahahah.

Loki
04-16-2015, 09:41 PM
I CANNOT BELIEVE we have supporters of ISIS on this forum. But hey, the forum reflects reality.

Jägerstaffel
04-16-2015, 09:41 PM

I don't think the US citizenry as a whole wants to be involved. Involvement in Muslim wars really doesn't ever seem to give positive results for the US.

adsız
04-16-2015, 09:43 PM
lol, a huge support of Arabs who are lucky enough to be bloodthirsty Sunni radicals. Not so much Shia, or any minority religion community ;)

Mr. Loki,

Look at these pictures and tell me again. Who is real bloodthirsty terrorist?

ISIS punish a Iraqie soldier
http://www.abna24.com/cache/image/2015/04/16/bd8356dec02e170cf785801d9238ab53.jpg

Babies killed by bombs
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mYUaynO23Gc/VPyrmJeXFcI/AAAAAAAAE-Q/8N_bxM4_M9A/s1600/EBu%2BKemal.jpg

Loki
04-16-2015, 09:44 PM
I don't think the US citizenry as a whole wants to be involved. Involvement in Muslim wars really doesn't ever seem to give positive results for the US.

This one is different. The US fucked up by getting involved in the first place, but now they have to deal with the mess, not just walk away. The entire Middle East is at risk from ISIS, and also other parts of the world where Islamists have pledged support for ISIS, like Nigeria (Boko Haram) and Libya. ISIS is a growing disease that needs to be eliminated entirely, before it becomes larger and more dangerous.

Loki
04-16-2015, 09:45 PM
Mr. Loki,

Look at these pictures and tell me again. Who is real bloodthirsty terrorist?

Your pictures don't prove anything. Do you really want to tell me you don't know how ISIS operates? Even Al Qaeda thinks they're too bloodthirsty. Seriously man.

Excel
04-16-2015, 09:47 PM
It just doesn’t make sense??

The west DESTROYED or should I say neutralized Sunni Iraq by kicking out Saddam Hussein and replacing his baath party with a Shia dominated Iraq (Iraq until now has NEVER been ruled by Shia's).

Then they gave Iran the green light to dominate Iraq, Iran always had grand ambitions to annex Iraq.

Then the US arms the shia Houtis and silently gives them the nod to take over Yemen.
And Hezbollah is terrorsing the people of Syria and Iraq and Lebanon.

And now the US and Iran after the P5 + 1 negoations are buddies and the Saudi's are in confusion and utter shock.

Its like the west is stealthy helping Shia takeover of the middle east.

Vorg
04-16-2015, 09:48 PM
ISIL in Moscow! Moscow's islamist gang "GTA". In the summer of 2014, they killed more than 17 russian people in the Moscow suburban routes. Gang belonged to ISIL and consisted of 12 people. Almost all of them were natives of Central Asia. In their home was found a lot of firearms and extremist Islamist literature.

http://im0.kommersant.ru/Issues.photo/DAILY/2014/202/KMO_085447_06826_1_t218_212622.jpg
http://www.topnews.ru/upload/img/1e57f39f8f.jpg
http://introvertum.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/YAkobyi-bandityi-iz-GTA.jpg

Pennywise
04-16-2015, 09:48 PM
I CANNOT BELIEVE we have supporters of ISIS on this forum. But hey, the forum reflects reality.

I didn't see any ISIS suppoter on this forum. Who are they?

adsız
04-16-2015, 09:51 PM
Your pictures don't prove anything. Do you really want to tell me you don't know how ISIS operates? Even Al Qaeda thinks they're too bloodthirsty. Seriously man.

Little new born babies killed by bobms DO prove everything to me.
ISIS never kill babies nor women.

Btw, i am not a ISIS supporter. I dont care who kills another in arabian deserts. But my heart cant bear to see dead babies.

Excel
04-16-2015, 09:52 PM

Regardless this is not your war or that of the US or Russia. Eventually it would be the Sunni Arabs who would deal with ISIS ONCE they successfully defend themselves against the Shia blood hounds.

Excel
04-16-2015, 09:59 PM

Nobody here supports ISIS, we are just concerned about the difficult situation of the Sunni Arabs and the on-going genocide that is being perpetrated against them by Shia death squads led by the government of Iran.

adsız
04-16-2015, 10:00 PM
Indeed. But in the social media, they are manipulated as Freedom Fighters, people said "they fought like lions!" or etc. hahahah.

Yeah. I saw those pictures. " Heroic kurdish warrior females" !!! with photoshop and make up on face . :)
They think war field is same as playing Counter Strike on PC. :)

Pennywise
04-16-2015, 10:05 PM
Yeah. I saw those pictures. " Heroic kurdish warrior females" !!! with photoshop and make up on face . :)

Counter Strike is more realictic game than this comedy.

Pahli
04-16-2015, 10:18 PM

Big boy is crying because the Kurds are more effective than fatass Turks with latest techs, that can't get rid of PKK because they're too retarded to navigate in their own countries. Turkey is pissing their pants every time they hear news about ISIS, any declaration of war will set panic throughout your country and you will be fucked :)

Once again, the Kurds are creating a bufferzone. We're actually protecting you ... Against who, I don't know, since you're ISIS supporters :)

Pennywise
04-16-2015, 10:24 PM
Big boy is crying because the Kurds are more effective than fatass Turks with latest techs, that can't get rid of PKK because they're too retarded to navigate in their own countries. Turkey is pissing their pants every time they hear news about ISIS, any declaration of war will set panic throughout your country and you will be fucked :)

Once again, the Kurds are creating a bufferzone. We're actually protecting you ... Against who, I don't know, since you're ISIS supporters :)

Last day you said Turkey Support ISIS and ally with them, now you say Turkey fear from them. Therefore no one take you serious.

Excel
04-16-2015, 10:24 PM

Am sorry but even ISIS isn't stupid enough to provoke the Turkish army.

Pahli
04-16-2015, 10:26 PM
Last day you said Turkey Support ISIS and ally with them, now you say Turkey fear from them. Therefore no one take you serious.

Use your brain idiot. Turkey is allied with ISIS because they:

1. Want to get rid of Kurds

2. Are afraid of ISIS declaring war on them, and want to avoid a bloody war

3. Erdogan is an islamist retard, so why shouldn't he side with the world's most popular islamic movement :rolleyes:

Excel
04-16-2015, 10:26 PM
I wonder why the 5 million+ Kurds living in Iran aren't fighting for freedom???

Excel
04-16-2015, 10:28 PM

3. Erdogan is an islamist retard, so why shouldn't he side with the world's most popular islamic movement :rolleyes:

Arguing with you will lower a person's IQ.

Pahli
04-16-2015, 10:29 PM
I wonder why the 5 million+ Kurds living in Iran aren't fighting for freedom???

Can't defeat Iran, Iran is ruthless and will take actions against the Kurdish population if they do any resistance, at the moment they leave each other alone, but Iran is still killing Kurds if they figure out they have been supporting their countrymen against ISIS.

Pennywise
04-16-2015, 10:30 PM

I would answer you but you are too stupid to understand me. :picard1:

Pahli
04-16-2015, 10:34 PM
I would answer you but you are too stupid to understand me. :picard1:

Use your arguments and beat me ... Ahhhh, I guess your arguments are shit and you can't argument for anything :)

You haven't even tried, you know they're shit and thats why you just call me stupid and don't want to answer xD

adsız
04-16-2015, 10:35 PM

You are forgetting that Turkish Army is giving military training to kurdish clowns.

Pahli
04-16-2015, 10:37 PM
You are forgetting that Turkish Army is giving military training to kurdish clowns.

Oh my god, worlds most lethal army gives Kurds training that will boost their moral and make them 300% more effective in battle ... Give me a break, the European military training is atleast much better + we get full support from them, where as Turkey is just faking it to look good among other NATO members and EU :)

Excel
04-16-2015, 10:38 PM
Can't defeat Iran, Iran is ruthless and will take actions against the Kurdish population if they do any resistance, at the moment they leave each other alone, but Iran is still killing Kurds if they figure out they have been supporting their countrymen against ISIS.

So you want to ruin the stability of Turkey just because they are democratic and ain't ruthless as Iran.

I support Kurds but not to bring harm to the stability and unity of Turkey.

Imamudin
04-16-2015, 10:42 PM

Why should Turkey collaborate with ISIS? That would make no sense since they want Turkey too.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/02011/map2_2011442a.jpg

Drawing-slim
04-16-2015, 11:05 PM
You're correct. ISIS is a legitimate state at this point. Not only are they legitimate based on the support of local regional population but they're no doubt the pride of Sunni Arab world.
Upon till ISIS the Sunni Arabs have been humiliated by everyone in battle in the past 20 years, by Americans shiats elwites Israelis etc. now they are kicking major ass, and establishing a law no different than Saudi Arabia. Why not just let them create their own state and sign e peace treaty with them?
Why risk innocent lives? Why war? I'm for peace. Granting Isis their own state and regonised by UN i believe will ensure peace.

N1019
04-16-2015, 11:50 PM
Nonsense. The US needs to START supporting Assad and Iran. Russia too, more intensely. Down with the Sunni inhumane motherfuckers.

That would more or less be a complete reversal of their policy since they smashed unity in OPEC by establishing the two opposed pillars of power among its MENA members and then began to eliminate those who stood outside it.

From a conventional balance of power theory perspective, it would make no sense to stop backing the inherently weaker Sunni side and switch to the Shia side, which is stronger due to the inherent strength of Iran - a large, resource-rich nation with much higher population than the Gulf Arab states. That is a major factor in my forming of the opinion that the current flirtation with Iran in relation to the nuclear issue is a joke.

I suppose ISIS fits into the Sunni side as a non-state actor, which does, I'm sorry to say, serve the interests of the empire in ways that are too painful for most people to accept. The current method of imperial rule involves the deliberate creation of instability, tension and conflict, with the maximal inflammation and exploitation of sectarian differences. Terrorist mercenary groups are perfect for that and along with the use of regional state actors, help reduce direct imperial military involvement, but such groups can easily get out of hand. "The empire" has a solution for that, too, however - they can make the monster appear, and they can make it go away, although the former is much easier than the latter.

N1019
04-16-2015, 11:59 PM
Why should Turkey collaborate with ISIS? That would make no sense since they want Turkey too.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/02011/map2_2011442a.jpg

Don't take that map too seriously. Turkey and ISIS are effectively on the same side, at least when it comes to dealing with Assad.

ISIS is at the moment less of a threat to Turkey than the local Kurds, or so Ankara thinks. Many people aren't comfortable with the notion that ISIS shares some of the same enemies with the likes of Turkey, Saudi Arabia, the US, Israel etc. but it's a fact. The question is, why? Well, I touched on that in my last post and others have also covered the possible explanations for that, unthinkable as they might be to some. The world is full of inconvenient truths.

Jägerstaffel
04-17-2015, 12:07 AM
This one is different. The US fucked up by getting involved in the first place, but now they have to deal with the mess, not just walk away. The entire Middle East is at risk from ISIS, and also other parts of the world where Islamists have pledged support for ISIS, like Nigeria (Boko Haram) and Libya. ISIS is a growing disease that needs to be eliminated entirely, before it becomes larger and more dangerous.

The US fucks up every time it gets involved in the Middle East. Because there is no right way for a primarily Christian western nation to intervene in Middle East conflict. The US populace is sick of fighting in the Middle East and the Muslim world.

The existence of ISIS and the extent of its brutality should be a warning to the rest of the world.

N1019
04-17-2015, 12:28 AM

The US fucks up every time it gets involved in the Middle East. Because there is no right way for a primarily Christian western nation to intervene in Middle East conflict. The US populace is sick of fighting in the Middle East and the Muslim world.

The existence of ISIS and the extent of its brutality should be a warning to the rest of the world.

America fucks up every time it gets involved in the Middle East, or does it? It depends how you look at it. Maybe, the current strife is essentially what they wanted.

The US lit the fire,
They can steer the path of destruction it takes,
They can watch it work its magic often while barely lifting a finger in terms of US military deployment, and
They can go a long way towards extinguishing it should they choose to do so.

Is it possible to "fuck up" deliberately? It seems so. The mess of the Middle East is probably far less a case of unintended consequences and accidents than most of us would like to believe.

Ballist
04-17-2015, 01:44 AM

I don't think that's a good idea. Do you have any idea how pissed off they'll be??? And killing children? Absolutely not. Maybe the US should get out of there and leave it to the people responsible. I know they are fighting them, I want them to fight more than the Iraqis because they are actually doing shit. The US should just arms the Kurds with better weaponry and the problem would be solved for the most part. International forces can't stay forever, you know. They need to get used to controlling the issues themselves.