PDA

View Full Version : East Asians rank the Nations you feel most closely related to

Mortimer
04-19-2015, 04:44 AM
and mention what asian you are if you are chinese or japanese or philipino and then list the top 3 or 5 nations you feel most closely related to also additional question do you feel any relation to turkish people at all, i mean anatolians not uyghurs or like that. thanks.

zhaoyun
04-19-2015, 04:56 AM
Han Chinese

Nations I feel closest to as a Han Chinese:

1. Korea
2. Mongolia
3. Japan
4. Vietnam

I like Turkish culture, but I consider Turkey a Middle Eastern/Southern European country. I never realized how many Turks were actually obsessed with being seen as Mongoloid Steppe peoples until I came on this forum, even though I knew about their roots and the different Turkic groups. But they've been Islamicized for so long, and culturally and genetically are close to their neighbors.

zhaoyun
04-19-2015, 05:00 AM
I guess Singapore would be no. 1 in closeness as it is a Han Chinese entity, but I keep forgetting it exists. Plus, they are a bunch of sissies anyways so in actuality, I hate Singaporeans.

Iloko
04-19-2015, 05:01 AM
Pilipino reporting...

1) Japan
2) Indonesia/Korea/China - tie
3) Mongolia/Vietnam - tie

Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos, - not much of a connection for me, but I do love Malaysian and Thai cuisine

I do feel a connection with Polynesian countries and cultures as well. And I think Turkish and Uyghurs are very cool looking so there's that too.

Goujian
04-19-2015, 05:02 AM
China
Korea/Japan - similar indirect/non-confrontational culture, some shared culinary aspects, but I don't feel a personal connection with them as in real closeness as opposed to a Chinese. I don't like much of their pop culture but I do love some of their women.
Vietnam/Mongolia
Thailand/Laos/Myanmar
Malaysia/Singapore - There may be ethnically Han communities there but I have my reservations.

I find that some aspects of Turkish culture are similar to Chinese culture, even the cuisine.

http://www.todayszaman.com/diplomacy_turkey-and-china-discover-similar-cultural-features_272502.html
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2012-09/12/content_15753969.htm

Pilipino reporting...

1) Japan

Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos, - not much of a connection for me, but I do love Malaysian and Thai cuisine

I do feel a connection with Polynesian countries and cultures as well. And I think Turkish and Uyghurs are very cool looking so there's that too.

Thai, Malaysian and Indonesian cuisine are amazing.

I guess Singapore would be no. 1 in closeness as it is a Han Chinese entity, but I keep forgetting it exists. Plus, they are a bunch of sissies anyways so in actuality, I hate Singaporeans.

They may be ethnically Han but nearly all of them have some kind of identity crisis. Most of them piss me the fuck off especially their faggoty accent. Some of them even have the nerve to claim that they are more Chinese than mainland Chinese. I place them in the same category as Malaysian Chinese and Indonesian Chinese.

And I forgot Taiwan but that doesn't count because Taiwan is Chinese.

zhaoyun
04-19-2015, 05:16 AM
In actuality, the only East Asian nation I feel a close connection to is my motherland China. I do recognize cultural similarities with the other countries, but due to fraught histories and ethnic rivalries, I do not feel an especially warm feeling towards them.

I do respect Mongolians the most out of them for their general toughness and warrior spirit though. I can't stand the pop cultures of Japan and Korea.

Mortimer
04-19-2015, 05:19 AM
what do east asians think and feel towards dark skinned people like me and my family who look more or less southasian are they more or less liked then western/european/american foreigners. how i would do with east asian females

zhaoyun
04-19-2015, 05:20 AM
They may be ethnically Han but nearly all of them have some kind of identity crisis. Most of them piss me the fuck off especially their faggoty accent. Some of them even have the nerve to claim that they are more Chinese than mainland Chinese. I place them in the same category as Malaysian Chinese and Indonesian Chinese.

And I forgot Taiwan but that doesn't count because Taiwan is Chinese.

Most Singaporeans pride themselves on being some kind of lap dogs for the West. Also, their accent is extremely annoying. Most seem like Momma's boys, and no wonder, raised in that sterile, boring island state, where their moms are probably screaming to high heavens as soon as they get some dirt on their shoes. They are also pretty fucking soulless. So yeah, fuck Singapore.

zhaoyun
04-19-2015, 05:21 AM
what do east asians think and feel towards dark skinned people like me and my family who look more or less southasian are they more or less liked then western/european/american foreigners. how i would do with east asian females

I guess East Asians tend to look down on dark skinned people. Your family is not especially dark skinned though.

I personally do not have a problem with dark skinned people, but that's me as an individual.

I don't think you would do well with East Asian women as you do not have a high paying job and you are overweight. I already told you to work on those things.

Dylan
04-19-2015, 05:24 AM

the bipolarity is real!
(kidding, you're one of my favorite people on here)

Dylan
04-19-2015, 05:25 AM
Pilipino reporting...

1) Japan

something tells me your grandparents/parents would disagree with this! unless you really are 77, in which case i have no idea how you feel closest to japan as a filipino (WWII)

Mortimer
04-19-2015, 05:30 AM
I guess East Asians tend to look down on dark skinned people. Your family is not especially dark skinned though.

I personally do not have a problem with dark skinned people, but that's me as an individual.

I don't think you would do well with East Asian women as you do not have a high paying job and you are overweight. I already told you to work on those things.

if my family is not dark skinned what constitutes as dark skinned for you (negroes?)

zhaoyun
04-19-2015, 05:32 AM
if my family is not dark skinned what constitutes as dark skinned for you (negroes?)

Blacks, South Asians, some SE Asians. Your skin tone is light, and your family is about medium.

Mortimer
04-19-2015, 05:33 AM
Blacks, South Asians, some SE Asians. Your skin tone is light, and your family is about medium.

my family is average for southasians though they arent the darkest southasians but also would not be light in southasia, they are medium in southasia which is dark skinned are you sure you remember my family pics but thanks.

Iloko
04-19-2015, 05:36 AM
Thai, Malaysian and Indonesian cuisine are amazing.

I tried it for the first time at this one great restaurant where these cuisines are their specialty (Malaysian, Indonesian, Thai, etc), and the food on their menu was absolutely delicious, much better than Filipino food. I think I might have liked it even more than Japanese cuisine.

http://i.imgur.com/mknHyOo.jpg

zhaoyun
04-19-2015, 05:37 AM
my family is average for southasians though they arent the darkest southasians but also would not be light in southasia, they are medium in southasia which is dark skinned are you sure you remember my family pics but thanks.

Yes I have. They are light skinned in South Asia. I have been around many South Asians from Indians to Pakistanis, they maybe medium for Pakistanis, and perhaps some Nord Indids, but overall they are light skinned compared to the median in South Asia.

Mortimer
04-19-2015, 05:38 AM
Yes I have. They are light skinned in South Asia. I have been around many South Asians from Indians to Pakistanis, they maybe medium for Pakistanis, and perhaps some Nord Indids, but overall they are light skinned compared to the median in South Asia.

I see. Ok but they are very dark for europe my mum was told that she has negroe skin colour (a coworker said she has a beautiful negroe skin colour)

zhaoyun
04-19-2015, 05:44 AM
I see. Ok but they are very dark for europe my mum was told that she has negroe skin colour (a coworker said she has a beautiful negroe skin colour)

That's absurd. Your family are not Africans in any way.

Mortimer
04-19-2015, 05:45 AM
That's absurd. Your family are not Africans in any way.

i was called a half negroe in school though, we arent negroes but for europe we are very brown and dark

Ryujin
04-19-2015, 05:53 AM
Han Chinese

Nations I feel closest to as a Han Chinese:

1. Korea
2. Mongolia
3. Japan
4. Vietnam

I like Turkish culture, but I consider Turkey a Middle Eastern/Southern European country. I never realized how many Turks were actually obsessed with being seen as Mongoloid Steppe peoples until I came on this forum, even though I knew about their roots and the different Turkic groups. But they've been Islamicized for so long, and culturally and genetically are close to their neighbors.

We're distant relatives, you drove us away :D

Though we still have bonds with East Asia

http://i.eurosport.com/2011/02/09/688256-21542664-1600-900.jpg
http://www.wikitree.us/_data/up/2014/03/27/Aoaaus.jpg

Goujian
04-19-2015, 05:55 AM
Most Singaporeans pride themselves on being some kind of lap dogs for the West. Also, their accent is extremely annoying. Most seem like Momma's boys, and no wonder, raised in that sterile, boring island state, where their moms are probably screaming to high heavens as soon as they get some dirt on their shoes. They are also pretty fucking soulless. So yeah, fuck Singapore.

I feel like I just lost about 30 IQ points by just listening to Singlish and yet some Singaporeans pride themselves on speaking this trainwreck of a 'language'. Despite all the military training they get, you would think that they would be more masculine or at least have some backbone. Yet they accomplish the very opposite of what I expect from people in the military. :picard1: Most Singaporean men are feminine and I wouldn't ever want to date a Singaporean girl. I hear they are living nightmares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoZIF59Qsiw

I wouldn't want to ever work in Singapore, feels soul-crushingly boring and mindless.

I tried it for the first time at this one great restaurant where these cuisines are their specialty (Malaysian, Indonesian, Thai, etc), and the food on their menu was absolutely delicious, much better than Filipino food. I think I might have liked it even more than Japanese cuisine.

I might find myself liking Indonesian and Malaysian cuisine better than Thai, but there are other Thai cuisines I haven't tried.

Burmese cuisine is also interesting, a lot of Indian influence.

Filipino cuisine has a ridiculously huge amount of desserts. Most Asian cuisines don't have much of a sweet tooth.

zhaoyun
04-19-2015, 06:03 AM

I actually think Filipinos have the best desserts by far amongst the different Asian cuisines, there really aren't many desserts in East Asian cuisines, and perhaps the Filipinos got their sweet tooth from the Spaniards. But they have such a wide variety and diversity of desserts. I love Filipino food too but it can be quite heavy.

I like all the Asian cuisines though, there really isn't one I dislike.

Mortimer
04-19-2015, 06:22 AM
asians are great people, i love all asians.

zhaoyun
04-19-2015, 06:24 AM
East Asians I identify with most. The hardy, simple people of Northern China. Honest, straightforward, rugged, always ready for a stiff drink and working hard. (though this video is about Dongbei, or NE China).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG-0ydQHA-g&spfreload=1