PDA

View Full Version : Getting the Hollywood lean or underwear model look

Desaix DeBurgh
05-09-2015, 02:21 AM
Alright, for the sake of anonymity I'm not going to reveal the person who sent me this private message because I won't betray their trust like that but someone sent me this private message :

"Hey man, big props to you on cutting your body fat % down. How did you do it? Any tips. I recently cut down a lot by counting calories and making sure I was in a caloric deficit but I felt malnourished and weak doing this because I was eating too little."

Alright, well if you are interested in getting the Hollywood lean look or underwear model look I'm going to share my secret workout and diet regimen to commemorate the fact that today I am basically the same weight as Brad Pitt in Fight club and at the same height. Now, obviously at the same weight we don't look exactly the same because of different genetics and slightly different workout routines but I think his shoulders and arms are bigger than mine while my chest and back are more developed than his but that doesn't mean I have small shoulders since they are relatively big for my frame. Also, it seems a significant amount of guys think this look is too skinny and they prefer bigger muscles so if that is you then don't post in this thread because we have different goals. Also, I find guys tend to overestimate the amount of muscle women like. White women tend to prefer the underwear model look with the possible exception of working class girls because maybe bigger bulky muscles remind them of their lower IQ neanderthal like construction worker fathers or something.

However, before I get into my regimen I'll qualify first by showing some pictures to prove that I know what I am talking about and am not a hypocrite :

This is me like several months ago :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/naudiz/DSCF0001_zps0tprmhv2.jpg

This is me now :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/naudiz/fightclub_zps0bhaipu2.jpg

compared to movie stars and models :

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/aa/36/b1/aa36b18498ef41a4caeed58c64a474a9.jpg

http://image.thefashionisto.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/oscar-emboaba-calvin-klein-underwear-campaign-photo-002.jpg

Now, before I get into the regimen I want to say that while getting such a body is 70% or 80% diet and that while you can get in great shape just doing a pulling (pullups), pushups or bench press, and running that I recommend joining a gym because this is what I looked like last time I was lean, a few years ago, just doing pushups, pull ups and dips :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/naudiz/currentbest006.jpg

Joining a gym obviously made a big difference.

Anyway, I try to eat like at least 160 grams of lean protein a day but sometimes eat more. I don't eat processed foods like 98% of the time and when I do it is shit like popcorn that is only processed with cheddar cheese flavor but popcorn is itself a whole grain so it isn't really that bad. Yes, I consider that cheating on my diet also every once in a while I drink light beer and eat peanut butter which I also consider cheating on my diet. Anyway, my diet centers around whole grains (like brown rice and steal cut oats, lean forms of protein like whey protein powder, chicken, tuna and sardines and vegetables with the occasional fruit but I try to stay away from high glycemic fruits like pineapple and bananas and the rare occasion I eat a banana I consider it cheating on my diet.

I go to the gym like 4 or 5 days a week and I jog for 6 miles at 85% of my maximum hear rate twice a week but this week I'm starting to jog more like 4 times this week and I plan on continuing it.

This is what my weight lifting routine looks like :

Monday Chest (when you are going for the underwear model look it is important to focus on the chest because when you cut to low body fat that is the first thing to deteriorate that is why Brad Pitt doesn't have a good chest in fight club ) :

25 pushups to warm up for the bench press

bench press for like around 8 reps 3 or 4 times.

weighted chest dips with a 35 pound olympic plate on a weight belt (used to do 45 pounds but as I am cutting I am getting a little weaker)

Dumb bell chest flies 40 pound dumb bellls 3 sets of 10

Cable chest press I forget how much like 70 pounds for 3 sets of 10 or 12

standing cable cross over chest exercise can't really remember how much weight I just do as much weight as I can for 3 sets of 8

nautilus machine chest fly 100 pounds 3 sets

Tuesday back :

1 set of 12 regular pull ups

5-6 pull ups with a 35 pound olympic plate added to my body for 3 sets

Dumb bell rows with like 45 pounds

seated cable rows 3 sets of 10 of like 140 pounds

T-bar rows first with 90 pounds of olympic plates added then with 75 pounds for a total of like 4 sets for like 8 reps

I also do a bunch of pull ups throughout the day at home when I am not at the gym.

Various one arm pull ups in the gym just to show off to the other pathetic gym goers showing that I am a fitness god and to intimidate and dominate them because I'm just one of those super physically fit in shape assholes like that. If you do weighted pull ups or one-arm pull ups like I do you are in the elite 1% of society. You don't have to do one-arm pull ups they are unneccesary .

Then when I'm home from the gym sometimes I'll bust out like various sets of extra pull ups with different grips.

Wednesday shoulders :

Military press 3 sets of 8 @120 pounds

lateral dumb bell raises 3 sets of like 10-15 with like 25 pounds

Front dumb bell raises 3 sets of like 10-15 with like 35 pounds

reverse nautilus chest press which actually works the back of your shoulders rather than your chest don't really remember how many etc..

Thursday arms :

Hammer curls like 3 sets of 8 or 10 with 45 pounds

Barbell curls with like 80 pounds for liek 3 sets of 10

cable machine curls with like 70 pounds for like 3 sets of 10

Cable machine tricep pull downs with like 130 or 140 pounds for like 3 sets of 10

The latter part of the week I find time to run like 6 miles twice but now I am starting to jog more.

I also started adding commando pull ups to my chest day like just the other day.

Neanderthal
05-12-2015, 01:46 AM
Good thing about being ectomorph is that I just stopped going to the gym and cut down the caloric surplus and now i'm even leaner than ever :lmao