PDA

View Full Version : EU plans migrant quotas, Britain opts out

European Knight
05-14-2015, 11:33 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/eu-commission-proposes-taking-20-000-migrants-gives-104800277.html?soc_src=copy

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The EU announced a plan on Wednesday to distribute asylum-seekers more fairly around its member states and take in 20,000 more refugees, but Britain's newly re-elected Conservative leaders rejected any quota system imposed from Brussels.

Shocked by thousands of deaths among people trying to reach Europe from North Africa across the Mediterranean, the European Union is trying to put in place a fairer way to resettle asylum-seekers at a time when anti-immigration parties are on the rise.

StormBringer
05-14-2015, 11:38 AM
Heh, I thought this day will come.Ok, I was more apocalyptic about my predictions and thought they'll impose immigration upon weaker countries of EU in return for loans and stuff like that, though there's time for that in case other leading countries like UK decide to follow lead.

Skjaldemjøden
05-14-2015, 11:51 AM
I thought they'll impose immigration upon weaker countries of EU in return for loans and stuff like that, though there's time for that in case other leading countries like UK decide to follow lead.

Í'll suggest that to the elders.

Anthony PV
05-14-2015, 12:00 PM
Rejecting illegal immigrants and asylum seekers is perhaps the first smart decision an UK government took since a long time...

Cristiano viejo
05-14-2015, 12:18 PM
Heh, I thought this day will come.Ok, I was more apocalyptic about my predictions and thought they'll impose immigration upon weaker countries of EU in return for loans and stuff like that, though there's time for that in case other leading countries like UK decide to follow lead.

It will happen. Now it is only with rich countries because their unemployment, GDP etc but in the future Eastern countries will have to accept what EU says: more and more immigrants. You can bet your ass.
This time Germany will accept the 15% of the total, France the 12%, Italy the 10%, Spain the 9%...

It is a shame, one of the proposals of EU is that Europe must accept other 20.000 immigrants more during 2015 and 2016 whom are not even in Europe, but in their own countries :picard1: Why?? well, easy, Genocide.

European Knight
05-14-2015, 06:09 PM
while they are okay at home hunting fishing working etc etc