PDA

View Full Version : Schweinsteiger: Spain are world's best

poiuytrewq0987
07-06-2010, 01:07 PM
What role has Joachim Low played so far?

The coach is the undisputed boss. He and his team have prepared us superbly for every game. For example, against Argentina, we knew we could only let them play their passes up to a certain point. From there on, we were aggressive, we went looking for the ball, and then passed as quickly as possible to our front men. These tactics have brought us tremendous success twice now.

You played the whole of the 1-0 defeat to Spain in the UEFA EURO 2008 final. How do you feel abut the chance for revenge?

It obviously goes through your mind. Spain were much better than us back then, we can have no complaints. We had the chance to win a trophy, so you’re doubly angry when you’ve missed that chance. We weren’t at 100 per cent in that match, but now we have to focus on winning, knowing it would take us into the World Cup Final. Every player needs to take that to heart. It should be obvious to everyone watching that every single player wants a place in the Final.

How can you stop Spain’s world-class attacking unit, with the likes of Xavi, Andres Iniesta, and David Villa?

I think we’ve changed a lot since 2008. We play completely different football, but Spain have stayed practically the same. They’ve maybe not played the fantastic stuff people were expecting from them here, but they’re winning their matches. Great teams win even when they’re not playing well. That's what makes Spain so dangerous. We’re up against the best team in the world, in my opinion. But even the Spanish have weaknesses, and that's what we have to exploit. We’ve beaten England and Argentina, and if every one of us is 100 per cent up for it, we can beat Spain too.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1268861/index.html#schweinsteiger+spain+worlds+best

Vasconcelos
07-06-2010, 01:08 PM
That's very nice of him.

Loki
07-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Germany is going to demolish and humiliate the Spaniards.

Svanhild
07-06-2010, 04:58 PM
What's the sense of the thread? Both teams don't want to have the role of the favourite. :wink

Spanish team chief Del Bosque says: Germany has the best team at the moment: http://sports-betting-news.bestbetadvice.com/del-bosque-wary-best-team-germany

Fernando Torres, Spanish attacker, says: I've always been a Germany fan. http://tribalfootball.com/liverpool-striker-torres-i-have-always-been-germany-fan-951171

Germans praise the Spanish team and the Spanish praise the German team. No side claims the role of the favourite due to the fact that favourites often fail.

Ibericus
07-06-2010, 05:03 PM
It's about passing the pressure to the rival

Svanhild
07-06-2010, 05:29 PM
It's about passing the pressure to the rival
Oh really? :wink Who has the pressure? Who's the winner of the European championship? Which team wants to win its first World Cup? :cool:

The Lawspeaker
07-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Ah you know. It seems to be the classical European divide between Latin and Germanic at the moment. And I am sure that this year's finals will be a Germanic issue and in the end we will give our German friends free lessons in the noble arts of playing football :)

The cup will go to Amsterdam ;)

poiuytrewq0987
07-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Oh really? Who has the pressure? Who's the winner of the European championship? Which team wants to win its first World Cup?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Futsal_Championship

Where is Germany?

Beorn
07-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Which team wants to win its first World Cup? :cool:

Has the current German team won a World Cup? As far as it goes both teams have won nothing. Both will suffer the same tensions and nerves on the way to the final.

Allenson
07-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Let's have an all-Germanic final, shall we?

Superiority on display. ;)

Arrow Cross
07-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Germans praise the Spanish team and the Spanish praise the German team.
Y'know it wouldn't be européer to do otherwise. :rolleyes:

poiuytrewq0987
07-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Germany is going to demolish and humiliate the Spaniards.

I believe the opposite just happened. :D :D

VIVA ESPANA!

Vasconcelos
07-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Good stuff!