PDA

View Full Version : Classify Cristiano ronaldo's father

themrdude1990
05-16-2015, 09:53 PM

Sikeliot
05-16-2015, 10:08 PM
Looks full white but he's part cape verdean. At least in the first pic. Second and third picture I see the mixture and even the mother looks off white. Madeirans have SSA too but small amounts.

Tommy199
05-16-2015, 10:09 PM
Baskid

observo
05-16-2015, 10:28 PM
Looks full white but he's part cape verdean. At least in the first pic. Second and third picture I see the mixture and even the mother looks off white. Madeirans have SSA too but small amounts.
This is the mother of Ronaldo's father. It's the only Ronaldo's Grandmother of Cape Verdean origin. And she doesn't look even 1/4 black (Ronaldo would be 1/16 black), so she could be 1/8 black, and Cristiano 1/32 black = like 0 % black
http://www.euroimpala.pt/livros/6b6297bd-382c-46af-8d46-6177a15170f6.file

Sikeliot
05-16-2015, 10:56 PM
Is the Cape Verdean her side? She looks much whiter than my own side that has CV in it but my own grandmother looks very white.

Eurokat
05-18-2015, 11:53 PM
This is the mother of Ronaldo's father. It's the only Ronaldo's Grandmother of Cape Verdean origin. And she doesn't look even 1/4 black (Ronaldo would be 1/16 black), so she could be 1/8 black, and Cristiano 1/32 black = like 0 % black
http://www.euroimpala.pt/livros/6b6297bd-382c-46af-8d46-6177a15170f6.file

Actually you are wrong it's his grandfather who is half Cape Verdean:

Cristiano Ronaldo of Cape Verdean descent, according to Portuguese newspaper
13 January 2009
When Isabel Rosa da Piedade left her native Praia, Cape Verde, at the age of 16 to try her luck on another Atlantic island – Madeira – she could never have imagined that, three generations later, one of her descendants would be considered the best soccer player in the world.Cristiano Ronaldo of Cape Verdean descent, according to Portuguese newspaper Yes, Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro, the athlete who has just been elected the world’s best soccer player by FIFA and who has won practically every award that can be won with his team, Manchester United, is of Cape Verdean descent. The star’s great-grandfather, José Aveiro, a native of Santo da Serra, in Portugal, married Cape Verdean native Isabel Rosa da Piedade, who at the time worked in Funchal, on the Portuguese island of Madeira. Their son, Humberto, married Filomena, Cristiano ROnaldo’s grandmother, who is still alive, at 82 years of age.

Ctwentysevenj
05-19-2015, 09:11 AM
South Med.

observo
05-19-2015, 01:00 PM
Actually you are wrong it's his grandfather who is half Cape Verdean:

so the black person is their paternal Great Grandfather. The woman in the pic married a mulatto (50% Portuguese 50% Cape Verdean), so Cristiano's father would be a quadroon 25% black, and Cristiano Ronaldo would be 12,5% black (1/8 black)

that estimation if the Cape Verdean Grandfather is 100% black. If he was a mulatto then Cristiano's father would be 1/8 black and Cristiano 1/16 black. That thing would look more probable to me

mikeyup
05-19-2015, 01:34 PM
Mainly Baskid.

Sikeliot
05-19-2015, 02:22 PM
so the black person is their paternal Great Grandfather. The woman in the pic married a mulatto (50% Portuguese 50% Cape Verdean), so Cristiano's father would be a quadroon 25% black, and Cristiano Ronaldo would be 12,5% black (1/8 black)

that estimation if the Cape Verdean Grandfather is 100% black. If he was a mulatto then Cristiano's father would be 1/8 black and Cristiano 1/16 black. That thing would look more probable to me

You are making the assumption that the Cape Verdean relative was predominantly African. Given that she was from Praia which is on Santiago, the blackest island in Cape Verde, it's likely... HOWEVER there are Cape Verdeans who fall into quadroon range and in which case, the African would be significantly less, closer to 3%! My Cape Verdean great-great grandmother was close to a quadroon.

I'd be very surprised if there are any pure/unmixed people in Cape Verde, regardless of how they look.

Nurzat
05-19-2015, 02:29 PM
you have to see both parents and all four grandparents of one person in order to classify. some photos can be deceiving. you have to know his parents and grandparents to know

SupaThug
05-19-2015, 02:30 PM
I'd be very surprised if there are any pure/unmixed people in Cape Verde, regardless of how they look.

It's probably a simillar case to Brazil's,the very few cape verdeans that are pure european are probably in the elite and will last only for some generations because many members of the elite are part SSA too,in Brazil most rich families of colonial origin are part amerindian and some are even part african(because few cases like this happened:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chica_da_Silva)

Sikeliot
05-19-2015, 02:32 PM
It's probably a simillar case to Brazil's,the very few cape verdeans that are pure european are probably in the elite and will last only for some generations because many members of the elite are part SSA too,in Brazil most rich families of colonial origin are part amerindian and some are even part african(because few cases like this happened:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chica_da_Silva)

Yes, but what I am saying is there are probably no pure Africans either, although I suspect you'd get closer to finding one than a pure European.

observo
05-20-2015, 05:01 PM
You are making the assumption that the Cape Verdean relative was predominantly African. Given that she was from Praia which is on Santiago, the blackest island in Cape Verde, it's likely... HOWEVER there are Cape Verdeans who fall into quadroon range and in which case, the African would be significantly less, closer to 3%! My Cape Verdean great-great grandmother was close to a quadroon.

I only put examples, but actually is most probable the Cape Verdean could be a quadroon, so Cristiano 1/32 black is so minimal that it only would count as annecdote

Eurokat
05-29-2015, 12:19 AM
I saw the pic of the supposed great grandmother in a Newspper and she looked around 60% ssa as a very old woman.
So I suspect she was more SSA, because older people tend look less SSA then they really are at least in Cape Verde.