PDA

View Full Version : Will Coffee Cure You or Kill You?

microrobert
05-18-2015, 04:29 PM
Will Coffee Cure You or Kill You?

epending on whom you ask, coffee is either the next super food or the next public health hazard. Consult the latest news headlines or scientific studies, and you’ll find that coffee “fights heart disease,” reduces the risk of breast cancer, colon cancer, and multiple sclerosis, and “could keep Alzheimer’s at bay.” One recent study by researchers at the National Institute of Health and Yale University found that people who drank four or more cups of coffee a day were a whopping 20 percent less likely to develop melanoma, a type of skin cancer, than people who didn’t drink coffee

http://nautil.us/blog/will-coffee-cure-you-or-kill-you

Linebacker
05-18-2015, 04:37 PM
Coffee destroys you,slowly,from the inside,and turns you into a zombie.

You don't really need coffee.Most people get addicted because of the social effect,everyone drinks coffee,and the young people that don't eventually get on it too.

Long before coffee was ever spread worldwide people were still lively,alert,focused and energetic.They didn't drank coffee.

#RemoveCoffee
http://media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/avatars/0d/0daae72707163639e3fa616597f58776e2f83e2e_full.jpg

Hithaeglir
05-18-2015, 04:41 PM
Caffeine is a methyloxanthine,a central nervous system stimulant,therefore i understand why it can prevent sclerosis and alzheimer or parkinson.How it prevents cancer?Maybe it's capable to interfere in DNA replication.

Dombra
05-18-2015, 04:43 PM
Coffee will hurt and cure you different ways, at the same time :thumb001:

Unome
Caffeine causes premature aging and hypertension.

As with all drugs, large doses are harmful and deadly over long periods of time.

iNird
Like most things in life, drink it in moderation and you will probably be fine.

Jackson
05-18-2015, 04:44 PM
Tea>Coffee, there should be a ratio of at least 3:1 for mugs of tea vs coffee consumption or you're doing it wrong! :D

Coffee is very nice though.

KBoB
05-18-2015, 04:46 PM
Hardcore coffee fans and addicted ones will face some serious problems.

jute
05-18-2015, 04:48 PM
And dairy causes cancer, suddenly it was healthy and did not cause cancer. Potatoes were bad, then they were good. I stopped following any of this.. What is healthy and unhealthy changes on such a regular basis that you got to be willing to give up pretty much everything if you're wanting to follow the words of the so called wise heads.

StormBringer
05-18-2015, 07:16 PM
All I know, it makes me jittery and it certainly doesn't affect my heart rate the good way, so I stay away.

Highlands
05-18-2015, 07:20 PM
Coffee destroys you,slowly,from the inside,and turns you into a zombie.

Always feels like its burning my insides.

Permafrost
05-18-2015, 07:29 PM
Tea>Coffee, there should be a ratio of at least 3:1 for mugs of tea vs coffee consumption or you're doing it wrong! :D

That applies to Limeys only, though. Much like imperial units and other nonsense :D

Anyway tea contains the very same psychoactive molecule coffee does, caffeine and theine being the same.

Btw, apparently it compromises the spiders ability to spin a web, in a very hilarious fashion

https://amylamsg.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/caffeinated_spiderwebs_horiz1.jpg

Caffeine, one of the most common drugs consumed by Britons in soft drinks, tea and coffee, makes spiders incapable of spinning anything better than a few threads strung together at random.

Linebacker
05-18-2015, 08:01 PM
Always feels like its burning my insides.

Why do you drink it then?

Stop drinking it.

Tekken
05-18-2015, 08:21 PM
On the fence about this.
Somehow I feel drinking a quality cup of coffee is like shifting the next gear for the whole day for my body.
Yep I could stay on second gear for the whole day, I would be fine. But why not go higher?
Everything works better. You think better, lift more, run faster, your body even feels more efficient at digesting & processing food.
Though I'd say anything over 1 cup and you're doing it too much.

@Unome about premature aging = Proof?

Highlands
05-18-2015, 11:35 PM
Why do you drink it then?

Stop drinking it.

because it tastes amazing of course, besides I'd rather live naturally and not overdo it than obsessing over unnecessary things.

RabbitHole
08-28-2017, 05:58 AM
And dairy causes cancer, suddenly it was healthy and did not cause cancer. Potatoes were bad, then they were good. I stopped following any of this.. What is healthy and unhealthy changes on such a regular basis that you got to be willing to give up pretty much everything if you're wanting to follow the words of the so called wise heads.
I agree here. Coffee also helps me sleep better so when people tell me it gives them energy, I don't understand that.

Daco Celtic
01-17-2019, 03:32 AM
Coffee is the cruel mistress you can't resist. It'll cure you and kill you all at once.