PDA

View Full Version : the last king of scotland film

blan
07-09-2010, 08:12 AM
the last king of Scotland is a film and book about the former dictator Idi Amin of Uganda who killed over 300,000 ugandans,
the film gives mention to how he expelled all the asians from his country but i was wondering what was done to the white populace of the country.
i have researched a bit and the only information i can find on a white populace in uganda is the mention of 2000 or so residents of european decent.
I was wondering if any where born and raised or even citizens of Uganda.
from what it seems the majority of whites were spared from the violence and from being expelled.
Just wondering if anyone knew more than i did on the subject.

Wulfhere
07-09-2010, 08:35 AM
The film itself makes it clear that Amin tried to lure whites to Uganda to run the place for him.

blan
07-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Almost always the case when black nationalist countries take control but they always makes sure they can stem the white populace and keep it a very small minority and keep selective whites who are well skilled in trades.
Yes it seems he showed affection for white culture and white people but also shows his hatred for it.
blacks in many parts of the world love white culture but often hate white people, other times they worship them but do not want to except them as citizens or part of there country, it can be confusing.
i think its a mind game and i think blacks are just as confused by the subject

The film itself makes it clear that Amin tried to lure whites to Uganda to run the place for him.

Austin
07-09-2010, 10:10 AM
yall talking of an older one or the recent one?

blan
07-09-2010, 04:04 PM
the film came out a few years ago but the book came out in the 80s i think, but i do not know about a older version of the film

yall talking of an older one or the recent one?

Murphy
07-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Thought it was shite to be honest.

blan
07-09-2010, 04:09 PM
well thats how you feel but it does not address my question about the current or past white populace at that time.
sorry you did not like it i thought it was a interesting film

Thought it was shite to be honest.

Murphy
07-09-2010, 04:19 PM
well thats how you feel but it does not address my question about the current or past white populace at that time.
sorry you did not like it i thought it was a interesting film

I must apologise. I didn't really read your post.. I thought you just wanted to discuss the movie its self not the political and demographic climate of Uganda at the time :p..