PDA

View Full Version : feelings on non ((white music))

blan
07-11-2010, 01:05 PM
I have been told by white nationalists that i am a dirty race traitor for enjoying music from black artists and music associated with black culture such as

reggae, ska, kompa, zouk, ect.
my argument was that all these musics mentioned have white artists involved in the genres and that the music all mentioned is not purely black music but in fact has more European influence than direct black african influence.
still i am deemed as a race traitor all the while they openly admit to enjoying the music of the rolling stones, led zeplin, and various other forms of rock music that are loaded with black blues influence and would in fact pass as black blues music, there response when i mention this is.. ((i dont care)) or ((yeah but now its our music)) others say because that the rythms are associated with black rythm and drums means they wont listen to it or any african based instrument.
the same people who have said this to me say they like country and western and bluegrass music all the while they are unaware that the banjo has its roots in africa and was introduced to the west by slaves from africa.

does anyone here like music that is deemed ((non white)) or music from there culture that is mixed with diffrent european and other sounds from other parts of the world?

Loki
07-11-2010, 01:07 PM
The music you like is your choice only, these guys who say that to you need to get a life.

Wyn
07-11-2010, 01:09 PM
I have been told by white nationalists

You should take any statement uttered by someone claiming to be a "white nationalist" with a pinch of salt.

Only the truly inhuman could dislike this!:

2XiYUYcpsT4

blan
07-11-2010, 01:13 PM
a great artist and one of my child hood favorite songs.
bob marley claimed to be non racist and love all people including whites, though this could be argued but i cant help but to love his music it was powerful.

You should take any statement uttered by someone claiming to be a "white nationalist" with a pinch of salt.

2XiYUYcpsT4

Grumpy Cat
07-11-2010, 01:16 PM
I have been told by white nationalists that i am a dirty race traitor for enjoying music from black artists and music associated with black culture such as

I have gotten crap as well, from the Heathen community.

I like rap, R&B, reggae, soca... well I like all music really. But I have worked with a rap group and some people were like "oh that's not folkish". lol. But if they realized what the group was rapping about, mostly Acadian issues and the importance of preserving our culture... what's more folkish than that?

And the metal they listen to is heavily influenced by blues which is black music.

I also find it funny that some white nationalists adopted the skinhead look when that whole thing came from black people, Jamaican immigrants in England, and the whites who lived amongst them adopted it. It started out as a working class movement.

Wyn
07-11-2010, 01:20 PM
And the metal they listen to is heavily influenced by blues which is black music.

This is important. Even the NS Neo-Nazi skinhead metal has it's origins in blues music.

Along with Bob Marley, if someone doesn't like the Wolf you should probably cut off contact with them. :p

MBLzTD2wTzg

I should probably be posting these videos in the other thread.

blan
07-11-2010, 01:22 PM
skinheads get very angry when the history of skin culture is debated and debated hotly bt yes skin culture has roots to Jamaica either way you slice it at least in the england skin history

I have gotten crap as well, from the Heathen community.

I like rap, R&B, reggae, soca... well I like all music really. But I have worked with a rap group and some people were like "oh that's not folkish". lol. But if they realized what the group was rapping about, mostly Acadian issues and the importance of preserving our culture... what's more folkish than that?

I also find it funny that some white nationalists adopted the skinhead look when that whole thing came from black people, Jamaican immigrants in England, and the whites who lived amongst them adopted it. It started out as a working class movement.

Beorn
07-11-2010, 01:26 PM
I have been told by white nationalists that i am a dirty race traitor for enjoying music from black artists and music associated with black culture such as ...

Firstly, you have to remember that the majority of white nationalists who bother to call you every name under the sun are usually the lowest forms of life imaginable. They usually imbibe alcohol and consume drugs at rates that contradict the whole ethos of white nationalism (you need look no further than David Lane for proof of that), and are overwhelmingly found to be sexually deviant, sexually perverted and straight down the line child molesters.

Hardly people to be worried about when they give their opinion out.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that they usually get raging hardons for non-whites anyway.

Tis all bravado!!

blan
07-11-2010, 01:39 PM
dont get me wrong i do feel a special connection with what is seen as ((white music)) i do feel its important to know your roots and support music that is part of our culture but our culture is alive in other music as well

Grumpy Cat
07-11-2010, 01:44 PM
dont get me wrong i do feel a special connection with what is seen as ((white music)) i do feel its important to know your roots and support music that is part of our culture but our culture is alive in other music as well

I try not to divide music in to white and black music, music is music. I personally like it, when I see people of other races at concerts of Acadian music, because I am proud of my heritage and I like to see other races learn about it and enjoy our culture... whether it would be dancing to our music or trying our food.

And it's not just whites who do it either, there is a black girl on a metal forum I moderate who has said she has been treated very nastily by other blacks for liking "white music" (metal).

blan
07-11-2010, 01:47 PM
mixed and black youth talk to me about this often,
one young black kid named sonny always stops me in the street to talk to me about rock n roll, his mother who is in the usa sends him cds of jimi hendrix and nirvana and pink floyd, he tells me he only likes rock and hates all Local music he always makes me laugh.
but they all tell me how they are mocked for there taste.

I try not to divide music in to white and black music, music is music. I personally like it, when I see people of other races at concerts of Acadian music, because I am proud of my heritage and I like to see other races learn about it and enjoy our culture... whether it would be dancing to our music or trying our food.

And it's not just whites who do it either, there is a black girl on a metal forum I moderate who has said she has been treated very nastily by other blacks for liking "white music" (metal).

blan
07-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Jamaica actually has a small metal scene, some whites are involved but mainly blacks and mixed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR_BFB9uzRU

QUOTE=AcadianDriftwood;237484]I try not to divide music in to white and black music, music is music. I personally like it, when I see people of other races at concerts of Acadian music, because I am proud of my heritage and I like to see other races learn about it and enjoy our culture... whether it would be dancing to our music or trying our food.

And it's not just whites who do it either, there is a black girl on a metal forum I moderate who has said she has been treated very nastily by other blacks for liking "white music" (metal).[/QUOTE]

Eldritch
07-11-2010, 01:53 PM

I find this foolish. Although I suppose I can understand it if it's other Haitian whites (surrounded on all sides by hostile, savage blacks) saying so. But me finding it understandable to some degree doesn't make it less foolish.

I like Burning Spear btw, and if more blacks were like Marcus Garvey they as a race would not have a care in the world.

-mWNi7u9OLY

my argument was that all these musics mentioned have white artists involved in the genres and that the music all mentioned is not purely black music but in fact has more European influence than direct black african influence.

Even if that weren't so I still don't think it would matter. It's pretty dreary when "White Nationalists" appoint themselves the guardians of other people's taste in music, films, fashion, whatever. :rolleyes2:

still i am deemed as a race traitor all the while they openly admit to enjoying the music of the rolling stones, led zeplin, and various other forms of rock music that are loaded with black blues influence and would in fact pass as black blues music, there response when i mention this is.. ((i dont care)) or ((yeah but now its our music)) others say because that the rythms are associated with black rythm and drums means they wont listen to it or any african based instrument.

"Black" music is typically nothing but endless and repetitive simulation of the sex act.

Traditionally, European "white" music dealt with loftier, if more prudish, topics. Might explain the phenomenon of Beatlemania. :tongue

the same people who have said this to me say they like country and western and bluegrass music all the while they are unaware that the banjo has its roots in africa and was introduced to the west by slaves from africa.

I doubt that the slaves had any musicals insruments with them on the slave ships. :p

Although it apparently is true that the banjo is based on some similar Middle Eastern/North African instruments.

does anyone here like music that is deemed ((non white)) or music from there culture that is mixed with diffrent european and other sounds from other parts of the world?

I myself like folk music from just about anywhere.

I also used to be a big fan of "world" music, until I realised that a "multicultural" melting pot of genres and musical traditions is exactly the same thing musically as mixing racially: the end result is not richness and diversity, but rather uniformity and impoverishment.

2XiYUYcpsT4

I very much dislike Bob Marley (admittedly, largely because of the Messianic role second only to El Che Himself reserved for him by clueless white liberals, than because of the man himself, but still) but the last time I looked into a mirror I was still human.

Merzbow is a non-white, non-European artist and I like him very much. Can I say that anyone who is not delighted by this is inhuman? :rolleyes2:

pGzrL8J0t-c

... which in turn was based on English narrative ballads, played on acoustic guitars introduced to America from Europe. ;)

Grumpy Cat
07-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Yeah I've heard some good bands from Jamaica.

Botswana also has a good metal scene, and one metal band I've had on my iPod on repeat lately is from Rwanda.

Wyn
07-11-2010, 02:15 PM
but the last time I looked into a mirror I was still human.

Merzbow is a non-white, non-European artist and I like him very much. Can I say that anyone who is not delighted by this is inhuman? :rolleyes2:

I was jesting.

The Khagan
07-11-2010, 05:25 PM
I like jazz a lot. As I've said in the jazz thread I study it in school and play the upright bass in a jazz quartet. Typically a black music EAR style, in the latter half of the 20th century it was co-opted by whitie and intellectualized. Then that gave rise to god awful jazz fusion.

The only non-white music styles I have any affinity for are African-American ones, who are at least partially descended from European forms of music as well. Not that that matters though. Especially jazz, since it was the processing and rationalization of European playing styles through African mentalities.

And I'm guessing Western styles played by non-Europeans or Americans probably do not count here? Right? Because I like almost everything that comes out of the Japanese metal and hardcore scenes.

As for the comment about metal. Yes, once influenced by blues, but today most metal is tonally akin to European folk music or classical or just complete dissonant chromaticism. Yes, the methodology for metal is descended from bluesy rock players (ie; loudness, guitar, drum, bass set up) but everything else is a reworking.

20th century classical, anyone?
qBjIx0wXtbw

Nordic-ish folkiness?
8tlTAwPpgXk

Also, as a response to the Bob Marley song, I fucking LOATHE reggae.

Treffie
07-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Trip Hop is one of my favourite music genres. It's a mix of acid, jazz and other influences. If anyone complains to me that it's black influenced, I don't really care.

ZWmrfgj0MZI

blan
07-11-2010, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=Eldritch;237492]I find this foolish. Although I suppose I can understand it if it's other Haitian whites (surrounded on all sides by hostile, savage blacks) saying so. But me finding it understandable to some degree doesn't make it less foolish.

every white Haitian i know loves the local music this these things have been to said to me when i was abroad or via internet in some cases like stromfront.

I like Burning Spear btw, and if more blacks were like Marcus Garvey they as a race would not have a care in the world.

great song :thumb001:

I doubt that the slaves had any musicals insruments with them on the slave ships. :p

Although it apparently is true that the banjo is based on some similar Middle Eastern/North African instruments.

i did not mean they had instruments with them they fashioned them based on instruments from there homes.
this a from the wiki page on banjos

The banjo is a stringed instrument with, typically, four or five strings, which vibrate a membrane of plastic material or animal hide stretched over a circular frame. Primitive forms of the instrument were fashioned by enslaved Africans in Colonial America, adapted from several African instruments.[1] There are several ideas on where the name banjo came from. It may derive from the Kimbundu term mbanza. Some etymologists believe it comes from a dialectal pronunciation of the Portuguese "bandore" or from an early anglicisation of the Spanish word "bandurria", though other research suggests that it may come from a Senegambian term for a bamboo stick formerly used for the instrument's neck.[

Stygian Cellarius
07-11-2010, 10:05 PM
We live in a multicultural environment. The transition from multicultural to unicultural will happen in time. Two unicultural outcomes; 1. Whites isolate themselves and expel alien cultural elements 2. Multicultures dissolve and reach a cultural equillibrium, viz. uniculture. Cultural equilibrium is accompanied by racial equilibrium -- very bad.

The second outcome does not just happen without willing participants, whether they be knowingly or unknowingly. Also, this transformation can be broken down into stages. One of them is the willing participation and appropriation of alien culture. If you have a laissez-faire attitude about non-white culture and offer no resistance, your lineages chances of weathering the pressures of miscegenation is reduced. Of course, this is all the more important if you have a family. If that is the case, you would be indirectly influencing your children to enculturate themselves with Negro culture. If you allow a void of influence regarding these matters, society will gladly fill that void and the results are less than desirable. A void of influence is bad enough in itself, but promoting the negative influence by listening to it yourself is an even greater offense.

The modern epidemic of young whites being enculturated with Negro music, fashion etc. is all a part of the problem. Enculturation is the second (or third) stage towards miscegenation, on individual and group levels.

I wont be contributing to any of that.

There is more than enough White music out there to satisfy whatever it is that makes people want to listen to music. Sacrificing a personal taste in Negro music requires only a tad bit of discipline. Considering the contribution you would be avoiding, it's a small price.

Those are my thoughts.

blan
07-11-2010, 10:30 PM
well i

[QUOTE=Stygian Cellarius;237655]We live in a multicultural environment. The transition from multicultural to unicultural will happen in time. Two unicultural
The modern epidemic of young whites being enculturated with Negro music, fashion etc. is all a part of the problem. Enculturation is the second (or third) stage towards miscegenation, on individual and group levels.

well people in every country i go tell me i am cultural and show ethnic distinction so i know i have my culture.

and what white music would you suggest?

Laudanum
07-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Music is beyond race. To me it's something spiritual.

Stygian Cellarius
07-11-2010, 10:44 PM
well people in every country i go tell me i am cultural and show ethnic distinction so i know i have my culture.

I'm not certain what you mean here, but a taste for negro music is only one minor, invisible element in your cultural constitution. It shouldn't have any influence on how others judge you unless you're listening to it when they are in the act of observing you.

and what white music would you suggest?

Well, everyone has their own ear, but there is a diverse variety of White music. I personally like Classical and Black Metal, but there is a type of White music out there for you, for sure. Listening to Negro music is unnecessary.

The point is, if you are concerned about the preservation of European culture/race, then don't promote other cultures within a European context. It's as simple as that. Have a little discipline.

Pallantides
07-11-2010, 10:49 PM
I love myself some non-white music from time to time!

r9SENzRLk_M
BtZ6DoeimP4
MYUMs68JvBE
7UUKREIK8yg

Austin
07-11-2010, 11:03 PM
No enjoying any music is fine, so long as you don't allow, as many increasingly do today, allow that music to consume you to such an extent that it defines you as an individual and begins to cut off all ties to a reality-based perspective, which seems to be the case with many of these mentally stranded individuals who become zealots to their music genre.

The rap music industry as well as the hip-hop industry is still controlled by whites at the top, the singers are just singers who are managed like children, many of whom are just that.

Michael Jackson for instance. The man was a twelve year old on a financial level. He had to have whites manage his finances and even then he managed to allow black fraudsters to scam millions from him throughout his life. The guy would walk into a store and buy a million-dollar statue because it looked pretty. These characters are children. It isn't just him either, you hear all the time how they go out and buy twenty cars in a year or are suckered into some black poverty-pimp community scam.

Notice the white guy who speaks for the black singers?
5x_P8GmQK1o

Psychonaut
07-11-2010, 11:34 PM
To separate music from its originating culture is dilute both. As Spengler wrote (p. 115 (http://books.google.com/books?id=jYjYLoGSsQgC&printsec=frontcover&dq=decline+of+the+west&hl=en&ei=NlE6TL2zCYSClAeT-cjTBw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCgQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false)):

The clearest type of symbolic expression that the world-feeling of higher mankind has found for itself is (if we except the mathematical-scientific domain of presentation and the symbolism of its basic ideas) that of the arts of form, of which the number is legion. And with these arts we count music.

The central theme of a people's music is a reflection of that peoples' world-feeling. For Faustian man this theme was the idea of limitless space—a theme that we saw originate with the motets of the Franco-Flemish composers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-flemish), blossom with the fugal forms of Bach, and still persists (in a declined manner) in many a Western genre whose genesis lies with this central Faustian theme.

Austin
07-11-2010, 11:53 PM
na one can listen to a song and enjoy it then discard it the next moment, such adherence is not needed in the slightest

la bombe
07-12-2010, 02:38 AM
I listen to plenty of "nonwhite" music and I just don't care. Unless someone happens to share my ears/brain, their opinion is pointless. I can't magically like something just because someone else wants me to.

Osweo
07-12-2010, 02:58 AM
Only the truly inhuman could dislike this;

bwAHOrccmVA

I actually disliked Bob Marley as soon as I started listening to the lyrics. Same happened with Lennon. :suomut:

In effect, I do tend to boycott 'non-white' music. It didn't really happen like that, just that I made an effort to seek out my own folk's stuff, and it got absorbing. I listen to a lot of European stuff too, but this is as a result of the same instinct.

I grew up hearing a lot of Motown and Sixties stuff cos of my mother, and I still know all the words. :D But I don't go out of my way to listen to it.

nisse
07-12-2010, 03:39 AM
Only the truly inhuman could dislike this:
c1LG5E55II8

ROFL

African and Maori tribal music is among the best at making me dance. Together with EBM these genres can make me shake it anywhere :D...they're also really good for workout music :)

blan
07-12-2010, 03:39 AM
I'm not certain what you mean here, but a taste for negro music is only one minor, invisible element in your cultural constitution. It shouldn't have any influence on how others judge you unless you're listening to it when they are in the act of observing you.

Well, everyone has their own ear, but there is a diverse variety of White music. I personally like Classical and Black Metal, but there is a type of White music out there for you, for sure. Listening to Negro music is unnecessary.

The point is, if you are concerned about the preservation of European culture/race, then don't promote other cultures within a European context. It's as simple as that. Have a little discipline.

well the black metal you like is more black than you think, it actually has its roots to the blues all heavy metal does so its back to the original debate i had before,
i dont see the need to not listen to something if it strikes a cord with me and i like it, how strange to have to use self control and force myself away from a music that makes me happy or interested, sorry its a odd suggestion. but yes european classical is one of the purest forms of white music and i do like alot of it.

on your first point you claimed that listening to black music makes people lose there culture and i was stateing that people see me as distinct from a cultural perspective so i do not see how i lost my culture

Eldritch
07-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Is this turning into the Most Awful (Non-white) Music Ever2.0 thread? :D

!האלבום החדש Arallu נהדר אגב

lhSdEaDt0EU

RoyBatty
07-12-2010, 08:42 PM

Don't worry about it. People who come up with this nonsense are usually stupids who know nothing. If they knew any music history and understood ANYTHING about the origins of modern day popular music well.... let's just say they'll have to kill themselves if they were so convinced about their beliefs. :thumb001: :cool:

RoyBatty
07-12-2010, 08:50 PM
I like jazz a lot. As I've said in the jazz thread I study it in school and play the upright bass in a jazz quartet. Typically a black music EAR style, in the latter half of the 20th century it was co-opted by whitie and intellectualized. Then that gave rise to god awful jazz fusion.

Gawwd yeah, that's so true. There are whiteys out there who really went out of their way to fcuk "jazz" up or sell the most excruciating forms of torture known to humanity as "jazzy" music. Cue Kenny G..... die bitch die!!!!

As for the fusion.... some of it is not bad. Unfortunately a lot of it is so damn kitsch and cheesy. Even weirder is that some of the guys who got into fusion made a few decent records and then lost the plot and became cheesy. Chick Corea springs to mind. Another thing I can't stand about some of these guys is how full they are of themselves... "look at me I'm a superstar, I got megachops...."

The "intellectualising" mob - here I mainly blame white music journalists (and imo quite a few of these were failed musicians).

RoyBatty
07-12-2010, 08:52 PM
skinheads get very angry when the history of skin culture is debated and debated hotly bt yes skin culture has roots to Jamaica either way you slice it at least in the england skin history

Strange... Ska has Jamaican origins.

Lars
07-12-2010, 10:11 PM
My feelings toward NON is indifferent as I find it mediocre. ;P

LeqWOjLgC-c

#Austin
What is it with American politicians and censorship? They must get horny just by the mentioning of the word. Jesus fucking Christ...

On topic
I listen to lots of 'non-white' music. Music transcends race and culture and I consider it to be the highest art and the closet we have ever come to Truth.

I listen to (non-white):
Ravi Shankar and other various Indian/Hindu music like classical, sitar/tabla, vedic chanting etc.
Muslimgauze (an Englishmen but his music was heavily inspired by the middle east).
Jazz (genre)
Queen (band)
Various forms of throat singing from Asia.

Germanicus
07-12-2010, 10:20 PM
In my day i listened to..

The Four Tops.
The Temptations.
Earth wind and Fire.
The supremes.
Gladys Knight and the Pips.
Yvonne Eliman.
Stevie Wonder.
The Ojays.
And many many more...:)

Eldritch
07-12-2010, 10:59 PM
I listen to (non-white):

Muslimgauze (an Englishmen but his music was heavily inspired by the middle east).

I wonder, am I hypocrite if I like Muslimgauze but don't particularly like Muslims? :scratch:

Queen (band)

ns are white Iranians are white Iranians are white Iranians are white Irania

Various forms of throat singing from Asia.

Absolutely magical when heard live. :thumb001:

Lars
07-12-2010, 11:08 PM
I wonder, am I hypocrite if I like Muslimgauze but don't particularly like Muslims? :scratch:

ns are white Iranians are white Iranians are white Iranians are white Irania

Absolutely magical when heard live. :thumb001:

1. Yes.
2. Well, I understand 'white' music to be from the Western tradition. Both music and musician must be from within Europe and Freddie Mercury (Farrokh Bulsara) is not.
3. Ohh, I envy you so much.

Eldritch
07-12-2010, 11:10 PM
I was kinda kidding with the Freddie Mercury thing. A bit of a Diablo-not-so-Blanco moment. ;)

antonio
07-12-2010, 11:53 PM
I think all it's said yet. Just to add that these kind of unsensitive and deaf morons should better get away from white race support: they have much to learn on their black counterparts which give a shit about politics...although, before they left, they should make a good favour on behalf of all our society by definitively obliterating all the antifascist scum we seem comdemned to bear with. :mad:

blan
07-13-2010, 03:12 AM
Strange... Ska has Jamaican origins.

ska is a version of 1950s rock n roll in Jamaica started in Jamaica and was given the title Jamaicas national music.
But alot of neo nazil skins will fly off the handle if you tell them black Jamaicans had a hand in early UK skin culture

blan
07-13-2010, 03:20 AM
i think i understand what you mean,

I think all it's said yet. Just to add that these kind of unsensitive and deaf morons should better get away from white race support: they have much to learn on their black counterparts which give a shit about politics...although, before they left, they should make a good favour on behalf of all our society by definitively obliterating all the antifascist scum we seem comdemned to bear with. :mad:

Sahson
07-13-2010, 03:58 AM
I like Hip-hop, Classical, Jazz, Indie and folk, and some other stuff. I don't care where it comes from. It's music, and if you like it, to hell with anyone else. Music is a medium that everyone can enjoy.

I use to be really into the hip-hop scene. I still known among many in the dance community, and play an influential part in the C-walk and Toprock communities.

I don't see why people should discredit your love for a genre if it has been so beneficial for you. Before I got into Hip-Hop my english grades were poor, and my creativity in English was lacking. once I got into it. I started increasing my word knowledge. I learnt more about english, and learned more about the language I was using. That hunger to learn more about the English language is still present today, and the interest has evolved into linguistics.

when i got into hip-hop my grades in english turned from an E to B. What more could be said. I became great at Sonnets, and poetry, and these days I can express emotion, feelings, topic, and have become a very good ghostwriter. I use to do ghost write for a band.

Hip-Hop will always be a part of me
like the blood pumping through my arteries.

Turkophagos
07-13-2010, 04:25 AM
I love all Hip Hop-RNB songs that speak about booties.

Grumpy Cat
07-13-2010, 04:39 AM
I love all Hip Hop-RNB song that speak about booties.

kY84MRnxVzo

Grumpy Cat
07-13-2010, 05:01 AM
Thing is, people don't realize, rap and hip-hop have a very white influence. Not just from the music of poor Appalacian whites but also from early European techno. If it wasn't for Kraftwerk, we would really have hip-hop.

Here's a Kraftwerk song that had a lot of influence on the beginnings of hip-hop and rap.

-6221XuMGFk

And here they are teamed up with a black American punk rocker, one of the first rap songs:

hh1AypBaIEk

And the sexually suggestive dancing often associated with hip-hop comes from us Acadians.

la bombe
07-13-2010, 05:18 AM
Soul is probably my favorite genre. I don't know how anyone could deny the talent of someone like Marvin Gaye, regardless of skin color. And I can't help the fact that this music speaks to me more than say, classical or death metal.

hajBdDM2qdg
VSQq_mU7jUg
qmYXY0sk-sM

blan
07-13-2010, 05:18 AM
well hip hop was already alive but this was the birth of electro, but yes it did pave the way for new forms of hip hop and it influenced new forms of techno.
Jamaican DJs were the ones that started raping/chanting over records americans like bambata pushed in further by sampling groups like kraftwerk and mixing there sounds into there music, but in the documentary scratch bamata in a interview said he would use all kinds of records to rap over , soul, funk, heavymetal, rock, techno, so hip hop has a had a history of useing samples from white music, i have met blacks that slander white rock music but they get all excited about hip hop music that has sampled white artist like lil jon sampled ozzy, it equaly annoys me when i play ska music around whites in the usa and they say dave turn that stupid island crap off then they play sublime??!!! and say thats real music, its no diffrent except they marketed the music and altered it slightly for a white crowd

Thing is, people don't realize, rap and hip-hop have a very white influence. Not just from the music of poor Appalacian whites but also from early European techno. If it wasn't for Kraftwerk, we would really have hip-hop.

Here's a Kraftwerk song that had a lot of influence on the beginnings of hip-hop and rap.

-6221XuMGFk

And here they are teamed up with a black American punk rocker, one of the first rap songs:

hh1AypBaIEk

And the sexually suggestive dancing often associated with hip-hop comes from us Acadians.

RoyBatty
07-13-2010, 05:23 AM
I love all Hip Hop-RNB song that speak about booties.

This one always makes me laugh :D

M-qN6TCY85c

Grumpy Cat
07-13-2010, 05:33 AM
This is another good ass song:

ymVCqZV0XQU

South Park's Big Gay Al spoof of it was the best though:

_FnrEB2zP0I

la bombe
07-13-2010, 05:37 AM
^ LOL Acadian, Back That Azz Up is hilarious :p

Here's another good booty song

iKKONgfNONU

For those who are more perverted

bQIi1sbUpeo

Grumpy Cat
07-13-2010, 05:43 AM
Yeah, it was a great song. But anyways, back on topic, don't listen to white nationalists, they can't even insult people right.

This clip sums up pretty much every conversation I've ever had with a WN:

ZwrAiDGDPo8

Stygian Cellarius
07-13-2010, 06:00 AM
well the black metal you like is more black than you think, it actually has its roots to the blues all heavy metal does so its back to the original debate i had before,

Is more Black than I think? Or more Black than I may think? Or you think it's more Black than I may think? Or maybe it's less Black than you may think?

There is nothing non-white about Black Metal. Popular culture has attempted to Negrofy Rock music by claiming a Black source, which is grossly misleading. Some of the musicians that developed rock may have been inspired by blues, etc., but blues was itself a knock-off of white music. Popular culture misleads by proposing the evolution of Rock music began with Black music, leaving out all the predecessors of Blues, which is a looong, unbroken line of White music, begining with European folk.
In reality, the only real element that Negroes inspired was the dissolution of conservative expression in musical art. That's the element that Whites observed and admired. One that was very natural to the negroes, who have a very difficult time controlling their emotions and staying within the boundaries of European propriety. Europeans saw that and realized it complimented artistic expression, but when we do it, it is a completely European expression. It's not like we don't have that in us and have to imitate negroes to behave in such a way. All we had to do was strip away a few layers of social conditioning and then express our ethos in musical art. It required no addition of Negro ethos.

There is nothing in Black Metal that could be even remotely identified as a seed or vestige of Negro ethos. Nothing at all.

i dont see the need to not listen to something if it strikes a cord with me and i like it, how strange to have to use self control and force myself away from a music that makes me happy or interested, sorry its a odd suggestion. but yes european classical is one of the purest forms of white music and i do like alot of it.

Well, either one is a man of principle or he is not. I am. Most people are not or are only in part. I try to be in every way.
Although, it's not necessary for a man to be unprincipled (or only in part) for him to listen to Negro music. It could also be that he just doesn't fully understand the consequences. Other than those two, I can think of no other alternatives.

on your first point you claimed that listening to black music makes people lose there culture and i was stateing that people see me as distinct from a cultural perspective so i do not see how i lost my culture

What I said is that enculturation is the begining of a process in which cultures begin to mix (which is always accompanied by racial mixture). In the beginning and on the individual level it may be difficult to follow the long chain of consequences that result in all that and the part you would be playing as an individual, but I believe I explained it sufficiently. If there is a flaw in my understandind of the process then point that out.

Turkophagos
07-13-2010, 06:37 AM
YdRnbuwZ7I0

blan
07-13-2010, 07:19 AM
[QUOTE=Stygian Cellarius;238270]Is more Black than I think? Or more Black than I may think? Or you think it's more Black than I may think? Or maybe it's less Black than you may think?

with reasoning like that i should just shut my mouth i feel like my brain has spun around in a 360 :confused: :D wait no actually its just non sense i can retort.
i dont like any black metal that i have heard if gorgarath and mayhem and all that clowny music is your prime example of white culture then call me a black because they are the worse example of white culture, many promote burning churches and satanic rites, thats not the culture i am from.
black metal claims its roots from good sensible heavy metal and has its roots in blues music, that is a fact bands like black sabath and zeplin where doing blues covers before making there later work.
and yes rock music was heavy european roots and whites played a important part in its construction thats my whole point! the same as whites have played an important role in the construction of reggae, kompa, and zouk.
reggae is steeped with irish influence, and rock n roll, as is ska, kompa is steeped in latin spanish influence, and there are white and near white kompa artists that add elements of rock nroll from bands like led zepplin, and frampton into there music.
but i will give it to you it is less influenced by blues than the early forms of metal.
from-Stygian Cellarius
but blues was itself a knock-off of white music. Popular culture misleads by proposing the evolution of Rock music began with Black music, leaving out all the predecessors of Blues, which is a looong, unbroken line of White

so what your saying is you like blues music because its really white music , then what is the issue? i can say i like kompa because it is really rooted in jazz and spanish latin music aside from its voodoo drums,
and reggae because it contains more european sounds including rock than anything, so all in all you agree the music i enjoy is in fact WHITE!:thumbs up

blan
07-13-2010, 07:29 AM
from Stygian Cellarius- Well, either one is a man of principle or he is not. I am. Most people are not or are only in part. I try to be in every way.
Although, it's not necessary for a man to be unprincipled (or only in part) for him to listen to Negro music. It could also be that he just doesn't fully understand the consequences. Other than those two, I can think of no other alternatives.

white culture is in danger not do to black music wich is actually white music according to me and you ;) but its is in danger do to people not teaching there children and pride in there heritage and culture and along with educational systems forcing white guilt down the throats of the youth.
If people are so foolish to become hateful of there culture do to music its a result of poor education not Dr, DRE buju banton or bob marley.

What I said is that enculturation is the begining of a process in which cultures begin to mix (which is always accompanied by racial mixture). In the beginning and on the individual level it may be difficult to follow the long chain of consequences that result in all that and the part you would be playing as an individual, but I believe I explained it sufficiently. If there is a flaw in my understandind of the process then point that out.[/QUOTE]

ohh no wait!! the consequences are kicking in !!! why did i not listen to you!!! im craving watermelon and i have the want to dance!!! oh breda mon please elp mi, mi cyant stop mi feet!!! mi skin it black as jet!!! mi hair its nappy an twisted nooooooooo!!!! get me a classical record quick before its toooo .... dem cyant save ya now white mon!!!!

antonio
07-13-2010, 08:43 PM
a great artist and one of my child hood favorite songs.
bob marley claimed to be non racist and love all people including whites, though this could be argued but i cant help but to love his music it was powerful.

This has a very simple explanation. Do you ever wonder why Bob Marley had such "Ethiopian" (not WesternAfrican at all) look? Id once queried his bio at inet just for try to resolve such enigmatic traits.

blan
07-13-2010, 09:03 PM
bob marleys father was a White Jamaican named norval marley, he was a boat captain .

This has a very simple explanation. Do you ever wonder why Bob Marley had such "Ethiopian" (not WesternAfrican at all) look? Id once queried his bio at inet just for try to resolve such enigmatic traits.

RoyBatty
07-15-2010, 07:50 PM
bob marleys father was a White Jamaican named norval marley, he was a boat captain .

I can't remember, was he a Welshman?

blan
07-19-2010, 06:35 AM
I can't remember, was he a Welshman?

i was under the impression english, he was a citizen under the crown of england at least, marley is a name i associate to england but im not sure.
some blacks have claimed he was middleastern maybe because they cant stand the fact that there black icon was half european blood.

Pallantides
07-19-2010, 07:36 AM
His father looked very Anglo:
http://www.pobladores.com/data/pobladores.com/ki/st/kistro_de_malaga/channels/zonareggae/images/5371819padrebob.jpg

blan
07-25-2010, 07:30 AM
His father looked very Anglo:
http://www.pobladores.com/data/pobladores.com/ki/st/kistro_de_malaga/channels/zonareggae/images/5371819padrebob.jpg

he most surely was

Bloodeagle
07-25-2010, 09:24 AM
I like Ska - 2 Tone and Third wave, rocksteady, Dancehall, drum and bass, trip hop, acid jazz, jazz, early blues, very little soul, small amounts of funk and I absolutely hate rap!:)

blan
07-25-2010, 05:03 PM
I like Ska - 2 Tone and Third wave, rocksteady, Dancehall, drum and bass, trip hop, acid jazz, jazz, early blues, very little soul, small amounts of funk and I absolutely hate rap!:)

you even hate the beastie boys??? :D

Bloodeagle
07-25-2010, 06:25 PM
you even hate the beastie boys??? :D

I digress, Paul's Boutique was fun!:D

blan
07-26-2010, 03:53 AM
I digress, Paul's Boutique was fun!:D

of course all there records are

M.I.A.
08-04-2010, 11:48 AM
I have a few impures in my iTunes yes. Beyonce, Jay-Z, Bob Marley, Lil Wayne, Pharrell, 50 Cent, M.I.A. although I beliebe Beyonce is a mere half-caste.

blan
08-04-2010, 05:04 PM
I have a few impures in my iTunes yes. Beyonce, Jay-Z, Bob Marley, Lil Wayne, Pharrell, 50 Cent, M.I.A. although I beliebe Beyonce is a mere half-caste.

M.I.A. is one of the best things to happen to music in the past 10 years it seems you have some good taste