PDA

View Full Version : Question asked by a Italian dude:Why are Southern Italians darker than Northern Italians?"

Mn The Loki TA Son
05-28-2015, 11:37 AM
As the title says. no trolling here. so don't come with Bullcrap to the thread or Gtfo. anyway, an Italian asked a question regarding southern Italians, like from Calabria and Sicilians and Northern Italians.
Here's his post question:
Notifications
Send Feedback
Help
Yahoo
Mail
© 2015 Yahoo! Inc

Why are Southern Italians darker than Northern Italians?
I am from Italy. My family came from the south and all have dark brown hair, tanned skin etc.

I have been to Tuscany and noticed most Italians had lighter hair, like blonde or light brown and were not very tanned at all. Then I went to Naples and they were like a completely different race of people, as dark as Mexicans or Puerto Ricans etc."

Seth MacFarlane
05-28-2015, 04:55 PM
Either more Neolithic settlers and/or less north europeans settlers

karimi
05-29-2015, 02:49 AM
idk why people complicate race so much, its all about geography

If its a sunny place, people evolve to being darker in order to resist sunlight, dark eyes act as sunglasses, dark skin gives ability to tan and dark hair doesnt thin in sunlight

that's all there is to it, there is also mixing with neighbouring countries which is also in line with geography because almost every type of mixing is done with a bordering country

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
05-29-2015, 02:51 AM
you should have taken a picture of this or something, but besides that you need to relax with this trolling, its doing you no good.

SupaThug
05-29-2015, 02:58 AM
Tuscany is not Northern Italy.

Northern Italy = Friuli Venezia-Giulia,Veneto,Trentino-Alto Adige(South Tyrol),Lombardy,Aosta Valley,Piedmont and Liguria.

Why are people always trying to include Tuscany and Emilia-Romagna as part of North Italy :picard1:

karimi
05-29-2015, 02:59 AM

Northern Italy = Friuli Venezia-Giulia,Veneto,Trentino-Alto Adige(South Tyrol),Lombardy,Aosta Valley,Piedmont and Liguria.

Why are people always trying to include Tuscany and Emilia-Romagna as part of North Italy :picard1:

True, 30 degree weather in the summer doesn't sound like northern italy

Ctwentysevenj
05-29-2015, 03:47 AM
This politician is from Apulia in Southern Italy. Does she look or as dark as a Mexican or a Puerto Rican? Barbara Matera is her name.

http://img005.lazygirls.info/people/barbara_matera/barbara_matera_barbara_matera_22b_plkNJQB.sized.jp g

Seth MacFarlane
05-29-2015, 04:49 AM
This politician is from Apulia in Southern Italy. Does she look or as dark as a Mexican or a Puerto Rican? Barbara Matera is her name.

http://img005.lazygirls.info/people/barbara_matera/barbara_matera_barbara_matera_22b_plkNJQB.sized.jp g

lol he was talking about on average , its a fact there are more darker feature and pigment types in the south but you know this lol you be having me cracking up. this women isn't pale and has a nice tan and very nice tits by the way :thumbs up pretty unclassy and slutty for a politican ;)

MINARDOWICZ
05-29-2015, 05:38 AM
Well, I guess they have more neolithic blood and have some different ancestors than each other. It seems there is some overlap with Aegean people in the south, somehow. I bet this has to do with the aaaanccieeeent inhabitants. Must have been the same branch of neolithic peoples that were in the Aegean. That is my explanation.

Mn The Loki TA Son
05-29-2015, 10:27 AM
lol he was talking about on average , its a fact there are more darker feature and pigment types in the south but you know this lol you be having me cracking up. this women isn't pale and has a nice tan and very nice tits by the way :thumbs up pretty unclassy and slutty for a politican ;)

Yeah (lol) :picard1:

Scipio Africanus
05-29-2015, 10:30 AM
Troll thread and fake question

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140209013353/creepypasta/images/a/a9/Don't_Feed_the_Troll.jpeg

Mn The Loki TA Son
05-29-2015, 12:01 PM
Troll thread and fake question

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140209013353/creepypasta/images/a/a9/Don't_Feed_the_Troll.jpeg

A "fake"? How is this fake question? Tell me.

Journeyman26
05-29-2015, 12:32 PM

Emilia-Romagna is part of Northern Italy... Tuscany is part of Padania, which is why is sometimes gets lumped in with Northern Italy even though it is geographically central.

Northern Italy as defined by the Istituto Nazionale di Statistica (Istat).
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/11/Italy_North_location_map.svg/1024px-Italy_North_location_map.svg.png

Journeyman26
05-29-2015, 12:46 PM
On a separate note... Mn1, as far as I know you are not Italian; why are you so interested in Italian ethnography? If you are sincerely interested and not just trolling, perhaps you should extend your interest beyond skin tone, North and South Italy alike have so many unique and interesting things culturally that distinguish the two.

Graus
05-29-2015, 12:51 PM
Because Italy is an artificial mongrel nation, you are welcome

Tacitus
05-29-2015, 01:10 PM
On a separate note... Mn1, as far as I know you are not Italian; why are you so interested in Italian ethnography? If you are sincerely interested and not just trolling, perhaps you should extend your interest beyond skin tone, North and South Italy alike have so many unique and interesting things culturally that distinguish the two.

He's a butthurt, triracial, OWD Chicano troll obsessed with getting one over on ItalicRoots and alfieb for banning him on F o r u m N o s t r u m. He won't stop since he can get away with it due to being a funding member and kissing the staff's collective ass every chance he gets.

Sikeliot
05-29-2015, 01:13 PM
Well, I guess they have more neolithic blood and have some different ancestors than each other. It seems there is some overlap with Aegean people in the south, somehow. I bet this has to do with the aaaanccieeeent inhabitants. Must have been the same branch of neolithic peoples that were in the Aegean. That is my explanation.

Aegean islanders and southern Italians genetically overlap because they have less Indo-European ancestry than people in say, north-central Italy and mainland Greece do.

Alessio
05-29-2015, 01:45 PM
Here we go again :speechless-smiley-0

SupaThug
05-29-2015, 02:25 PM
Emilia-Romagna is part of Northern Italy... Tuscany is part of Padania, which is why is sometimes gets lumped in with Northern Italy even though it is geographically central.

Northern Italy as defined by the Istituto Nazionale di Statistica (Istat).
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/11/Italy_North_location_map.svg/1024px-Italy_North_location_map.svg.png

It might be officially,but I doubt emilians are northerners in terms of genetics.

Mn The Loki TA Son
05-29-2015, 02:36 PM
He's a butthurt, triracial, OWD Chicano troll obsessed with getting one over on ItalicRoots and alfieb for banning him on F o r u m N o s t r u m. He won't stop since he can get away with it due to being a funding member and kissing the staff's collective ass every chance he gets.

What? Please...don't make me laugh. I'm butthurt? Really? Get your head outyour button, lol. The fat fuck of alfieb ban me on his small shit forum, Yeah and what, you little prick. I'm not upset, no big deal. I'm here, part of a bigger ,better forum. :)

Dombra
05-29-2015, 02:39 PM
North Italians lack much of the near eastern admixture

Longbowman
05-29-2015, 02:42 PM
Darker, but not exactly Mestizo looking, I guess the asker had never been to Mexico.

Nurzat
05-29-2015, 02:42 PM
As the title says. no trolling here. so don't come with Bullcrap to the thread or Gtfo. anyway, an Italian asked a question regarding southern Italians, like from Calabria and Sicilians and Northern Italians.
Notifications
Send Feedback
Help
Yahoo
Mail
© 2015 Yahoo! Inc

I am from Italy. My family came from the south and all have dark brown hair, tanned skin etc.

I have been to Tuscany and noticed most Italians had lighter hair, like blonde or light brown and were not very tanned at all. Then I went to Naples and they were like a completely different race of people, as dark as Mexicans or Puerto Ricans etc."

bullshit. I've been to whole Italy and brown or dark brown hair is almost exclusive in all regions. so Tuscany is no a "blonde" place. southern Italians may be darker skinned (they get more Sun and they also are almost entirely Neolithic/Near Eastern in genetic make up), but overall they look just like Italian as the northerners do. plus, millions of northern Italians are actually second or third generation southerners that came to work and settled in the north. I don't believe in the north-south division in terms of different peoples. they're all just the same as Italian as the other Italians

Nurzat
05-29-2015, 02:45 PM

they don't lack it that much according to all these K.. GedMATCH runs... they almost the same as Neolithic

Dombra
05-29-2015, 02:49 PM
they don't lack it that much according to all these K.. GedMATCH runs... they almost the same as Neolithic

It is because "neolithic" was not so swarthy to begin with, hence north Italians are often times fair even without Germanic admixture. Dark elements in southern Italians came from later mixing throughout the millenniums

Mn The Loki TA Son
05-29-2015, 02:51 PM
Darker, but not exactly Mestizo looking, I guess the asker had never been to Mexico.

Shes from Italy, southern Italy to be exact. Maybe she was surprised when move out south Italy and saw lighter looks than were she's from?:noidea:

Longbowman
05-29-2015, 02:58 PM
Shes from Italy, southern Italy to be exact. Maybe she was surprised when move out south Italy and saw lighter looks than were she's from?:noidea:

I doubt it. Anyhow Italians obviously don't look like a population that is 50% Amerindian.

Mn The Loki TA Son
05-29-2015, 03:04 PM
I doubt it. Anyhow Italians obviously don't look like a population that is 50% Amerindian.

Okay, if that's "not" the case of what I said than I don't know. I mean I don't know then. Of what she said and asked.

Mn The Loki TA Son
05-29-2015, 03:09 PM
Now, if anyone got a question to ask about this, you can ask him/she. I will post the link, maybe you can tell her.

Tacitus
05-29-2015, 03:11 PM
What? Please...don't make me laugh. I'm butthurt? Really? Get your head outyour button, lol. The fat fuck of alfieb ban me on his small shit forum, Yeah and what, you little prick. I'm not upset, no big deal. I'm here, part of a bigger ,better forum. :)

You clearly started your anti-Italian trolling when you were de-modded (and eventually banned) over there. Then you became obsessed with trolling ItalicRoots for whatever reason, so if your beef's with IR then troll them on their site; apparently you have a lurker account there.

Mn The Loki TA Son
05-29-2015, 03:19 PM
You clearly started your anti-Italian trolling when you were de-modded (and eventually banned) over there. Then you became obsessed with trolling ItalicRoots for whatever reason, so if your beef's with IR then troll them on their site; apparently you have a lurker account there.

Talking about clear, I want to clear something here, I'm not, anti-Italian. I only mess with who deserved it. Now as for IR, I would but If they had balls to let me.

Dylan
05-29-2015, 04:32 PM

it just looks northern to them because its on the northern most part of the peninsula itself. Of course Italy is more than just a peninsula.

Dylan
05-29-2015, 04:39 PM
bullshit. I've been to whole Italy and brown or dark brown hair is almost exclusive in all regions. so Tuscany is no a "blonde" place. southern Italians may be darker skinned (they get more Sun and they also are almost entirely Neolithic/Near Eastern in genetic make up), but overall they look just like Italian as the northerners do. plus, millions of northern Italians are actually second or third generation southerners that came to work and settled in the north. I don't believe in the north-south division in terms of different peoples. they're all just the same as Italian as the other Italians

Italians like most large ethnic groups are divided. This is especially true for Italy due to its geography. Sicilians and Northern Italians collectively are not the same people culturally, historically, genetically, (or linguistically considering they all spoke very different dialects until Standard Italian was forced on them around WWII etc.)
The same applies to Southern Italians vs. Northern Italians. This isn't unique to Italy, the same applies to most large countries like France and Spain etc. Of course its not crazy different, and while i would not call it a division since there isn't any wall up between the two, its still a spectrum with people farther south being different in one way and people farther north in another way. Of course, they are all still italians.

(I am part Central Italian and part Southern Italian myself).

Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik
05-29-2015, 04:42 PM
More Neolithic genes, or less Mesolithic genes.

Styrian Mujo
05-29-2015, 04:47 PM
Southern Italian population seemed to be quite isolated since the neolithic. Basically only relevant recent northern influx was the initial migration of Aryan tribes into Italy. Also southern Italy had a quite recent influx of Afro-Asiatic settlers making them even less European in appearance.

lyllo
05-29-2015, 05:45 PM
Because they are not the same people. Italy's only been a country for 150 years for God's sake.

lyllo
05-29-2015, 05:49 PM
The other day I read on Itallic roots that ''Sicilians are the same as a Ladin speaker from Trentino'', which made me laugh so hard.

Mn The Loki TA Son
05-29-2015, 05:51 PM
The other day I read on Itallic roots that ''Sicilians are the same as a Ladin speaker from Trentino'', which made me laugh so hard.

Yeah, LMAO!

pincopallino
05-30-2015, 02:25 AM

Emilia Romagna is North Italy.

pincopallino
05-30-2015, 02:27 AM
True, 30 degree weather in the summer doesn't sound like northern italy

normally there are even more than 30° in the summer in Po Valley.

Sikeliot
05-30-2015, 02:29 AM
Southern Italian population seemed to be quite isolated since the neolithic. Basically only relevant recent northern influx was the initial migration of Aryan tribes into Italy. Also southern Italy had a quite recent influx of Afro-Asiatic settlers making them even less European in appearance.

This is true. Malta and Cyprus also (even more so).

SicilianIsh
05-30-2015, 03:44 AM
Greeks and Italians were always darker than other Europeans. It has nothing to do with near-Eastern admixture.
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo143/orioleraven/0002030209_1024-preview1_zpsm81ci44u.jpg (http://s370.photobucket.com/user/orioleraven/media/0002030209_1024-preview1_zpsm81ci44u.jpg.html)
Ancient Roman Mosaics
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo143/orioleraven/view-gallery-roman-mosaics-in_zpsik263eg5.jpg (http://s370.photobucket.com/user/orioleraven/media/view-gallery-roman-mosaics-in_zpsik263eg5.jpg.html)http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo143/orioleraven/bnnhj_zps7agcqtmo.jpg (http://s370.photobucket.com/user/orioleraven/media/bnnhj_zps7agcqtmo.jpg.html)
Painting from Crete, Greece
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo143/orioleraven/espn_g_greece_boxers_576x324_zpsafnmlt5x.jpg (http://s370.photobucket.com/user/orioleraven/media/espn_g_greece_boxers_576x324_zpsafnmlt5x.jpg.html)
Ancient painting from Naples, Italy
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo143/orioleraven/Pompeii_family_feast_painting_Naples_zpsx7pujvhf.j pg (http://s370.photobucket.com/user/orioleraven/media/Pompeii_family_feast_painting_Naples_zpsx7pujvhf.j pg.html)

People forget that ancient Greeks colonized most of Southern Italy, and so Southern Italians are really just Greeks.

Sikeliot
05-30-2015, 04:04 AM
Greeks and Italians were always darker than other Europeans. It has nothing to do with near-Eastern admixture.

Your mother has a Near Eastern vibe to her features actually. The reason for Italians and Greeks having the influences they do are that these regions have strongly preserved the genetics of the Neolithic migration into Europe from the Near East, and have lower Indo-European influence. So while it is not recent Middle Eastern influence, it's the genetic structure of southeastern and southern Europe that is greatly shared with populations of West Asia, even if the connection is very old.

Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik
05-31-2015, 12:21 AM
Your mother has a Near Eastern vibe to her features actually. The reason for Italians and Greeks having the influences they do are that these regions have strongly preserved the genetics of the Neolithic migration into Europe from the Near East, and have lower Indo-European influence. So while it is not recent Middle Eastern influence, it's the genetic structure of southeastern and southern Europe that is greatly shared with populations of West Asia, even if the connection is very old.

Couldn't have said it better....

http://cdn.eupedia.com/images/content/European_hunter-gatherer_admixture.png

Western European hunter gatherer is like the opposite of Neolithic right? If so, here is the map of Western European Hunter Gather genetics in Europe...

♥ Lily ♥
05-31-2015, 12:24 AM
Features and pigmentation adapts in all living species over time to survive in different climates. The hotter the climate, the darker the pigmentation becomes over time to survive against skin cancer. The cooler the climate, the more pigmentation is lost over time to absorb vitamin D from lower levels of sunlight. It's nature.

MINARDOWICZ
06-01-2015, 07:35 AM
Aegean islanders and southern Italians genetically overlap because they have less Indo-European ancestry than people in say, north-central Italy and mainland Greece do.

It's more than that. They have specific allele frequency overlaps and markers that are the same, it appears. They must be very closely related. They even score the same sample on 23&me. If they were coincidentally alike, why don't Aegean islanders just score a combination of nonspecific southern European and middle eastern?

Septentrion
11-13-2017, 03:18 PM
Notifications
Send Feedback
Help
Yahoo
Mail
© 2015 Yahoo! Inc

They are more good-looking with higher Mediterranid genome.

Columella
11-13-2017, 08:03 PM
http://www.meteoweb.eu/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/italia_clima_ispra.png

Longobarda
11-14-2017, 08:26 PM

Emilia Romagna IS northern Italy

Longobarda
11-14-2017, 08:35 PM
It might be officially,but I doubt emilians are northerners in terms of genetics.

Tuscany is definitely NOT northern Italy but central Italy, instead Emilia Romagna are northern italians. If you have data on their genetics, please put them here. By the way, they were invaded by the Boii celts and by all the german tribes that entered Italy as well, they cannot be so different unless you divide the two Emilia by Romagna, which can be more related to Illirians tribes (the other side of the Adriatic sea, i.e. now Slovenjia or Croatia)

Papastratosels26
06-25-2018, 07:31 PM
More sunlight exposure.

Guest24
06-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Southern Italians, especially Sicilians, have Greek blood. Northerners are mixed with Germanic Lombards and shit.

dperucca
06-26-2018, 01:16 AM
Tuscany is definitely NOT northern Italy but central Italy, instead Emilia Romagna are northern italians. If you have data on their genetics, please put them here. By the way, they were invaded by the Boii celts and by all the german tribes that entered Italy as well, they cannot be so different unless you divide the two Emilia by Romagna, which can be more related to Illirians tribes (the other side of the Adriatic sea, i.e. now Slovenjia or Croatia)

I miss Longobarda.

CYKA
06-26-2018, 01:24 AM

Barbara matera
http://www.corrieredelsud.it/site/uploads/article/image/matera.jpg

Puertorican woman
Mariana vicente
https://cdn2.uvnimg.com/dims4/default/dd4b6de/2147483647/resize/414x550%3E/quality/75/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn1.uvnimg.com%2F1e%2F15%2F33c 4d52a4e4c905d00463907dc0e%2Fe9f96efee8ab4b13bd0768 c8330ea5c1

Latinus
06-26-2018, 03:51 AM
More West Asian influence than Northern Italy.