PDA

View Full Version : LGBTQ immigrant activists block road outside trans detention center

NatiaCutie
05-29-2015, 03:00 PM
A proud demonstration against injustice. More power to them :)

http://feministing.com/2015/05/28/lgbtq-immigrant-activists-block-road-outside-trans-detention-center/
LGBTQ immigrant activists block road outside trans detention center

http://assets.feministing.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/11069894_856643744408569_2799454472005765328_n.jpg

Several badass LGBTQ and immigrant rights leaders blocked the intersection in front of a detention center in Santa Ana today. They’re demanding an end to our abusive detention and deportation system, starting with the release of undocumented transgender women held within the facility. Via #Not1More:

They cite the experience of formerly detained protest participants as well as recent reports exposing the epidemic of violence against undocumented Trans detainees under Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s watch in detention centers around the country as a crisis that needs immediate action. Rogue practices on behalf of ICE include incarcerating Trans women at all male facilities where they are subject to sexual assault and harassment, denying them hormone medication, and through deportation that returns them to situations of likely violence that often spurred their original journey to the US for safety.

Isa Noyola, who is risking arrest, says: “For too long our communities have been experiencing oppression through its immigration system. With each presidential administration advocates rally and push for reform measures and some lose sight of the broader vision for liberation. We are here today to uplift these broader demands of liberation; an end to detention centers and the criminalization of our transgender, gender non-conforming and queer communities. Trans women today are at the frontlines and showing up for our communities because our lives are on the line.”

As Olga Tomchin, a fellow the Transgender Law Center, explained in the Feministing Five, “Immigration detention and the deportation machine are really horrible for everyone, but they impact transgender people, particularly transgender women, in disproportionate and horrific ways.”

Check out more photos from the action here. (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.856643717741905.1073741830.819787384760872&type=1)

Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik
05-29-2015, 03:13 PM
Good. Freedom needs to be defended. I defend the freedom of transgender people to do what they do because I defend freedom. If people weren't allowed to do certain things then it wouldn't be a free country.

Buchan
05-29-2015, 03:22 PM
Good. Freedom needs to be defended. I defend the freedom of transgender people to do what they do because I defend freedom. If people weren't allowed to do certain things then it wouldn't be a free country.

The issue being protested is the deportation of (illegal) immigrants. These transgender individuals are not deported because they're transgender, but rather because they're illegal trespassers. You're deported if you're illegal and the rule should apply to all, including these special snowflakes.

mikhail
05-29-2015, 03:59 PM
Fags should be enslaved as manual labour.

NatiaCutie
05-29-2015, 04:21 PM
The issue being protested is the deportation of (illegal) immigrants. These transgender individuals are not deported because they're transgender, but rather because they're illegal trespassers. You're deported if you're illegal and the rule should apply to all, including these special snowflakes.

A lot of the members of the LGBTQ community are at risk in the countries they have just escaped. It's a violation of human rights to deport them and endanger their lives. :mad:

Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik
05-29-2015, 04:41 PM
A lot of the members of the LGBTQ community are at risk in the countries they have just escaped. It's a violation of human rights to deport them and endanger their lives. :mad:

Exactly.

Aviator
05-29-2015, 04:44 PM

So? Just one more set of outdated, man-made concepts. That's about as much of an argument as quoting Bible verses is.

NatiaCutie
05-29-2015, 04:58 PM
So? Just one more set of outdated, man-made concepts. That's about as much of an argument as quoting Bible verses is.

How are they outdated?
Human rights are law. They are part of the code of the UN, of the European Union, and are guaranteed by practically all civilized countries.
In fact if a country is found to be breaking them, it has in the past been rightfully ostracised by the international community or received humanitarian military interventions, just like it's necessary :)

Aviator
05-29-2015, 05:05 PM
How are they outdated?
Human rights are law. They are part of the code of the UN, of the European Union, and are guaranteed by practically all civilized countries.
In fact if a country is found to be breaking them, it has in the past been rightfully ostracised by the international community or received humanitarian military interventions, just like it's necessary :)

The Church used to play that kind of power role as well. Nothing lasts forever, and what you praise has already passed its prime.

NatiaCutie
05-29-2015, 05:43 PM
The Church used to play that kind of power role as well. Nothing lasts forever, and what you praise has already passed its prime.

According to whom? Human rights are nowadays a much more important issue in the world. Like, 30 years ago the West used to support dictatorships and awful things to fight communism sometimes, but now, that's completely unacceptable cuz of social media and civil society being much more active.

BeerBaron
05-29-2015, 06:01 PM
The hypocrisy of this all is that if they were just your standard illegal immigrants, no one would give 2 fucks, but since they are weird leftists have an affinity for them.

The facts are they are illegal immigrants, they have no rights. There are thousands of people who come from the same countries as these things that get treated in the same shitty way that are trying to immigrate legally.

Grenzland
06-05-2015, 02:17 PM
According to whom? Human rights are nowadays a much more important issue in the world. Like, 30 years ago the West used to support dictatorships and awful things to fight communism sometimes, but now, that's completely unacceptable cuz of social media and civil society being much more active.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe you should forget about this political activism thing, that's ridiculous. :D

XenophobicPrussian
06-10-2015, 04:43 AM
I can't wait until all the tropical/desert hominids start attacking and oppressing the homos en masse when they become the majority. Not because I hate homosexuals, I don't in the slightest, but because so they can see they were wrong and naive.

If anything, these kinds of people, along with environmentalists and animal rights groups should be the most nationalist people of all, but, logic doesn't exist+Jewish infiltration, so.

Mortimer
06-10-2015, 05:07 AM
The hypocrisy of this all is that if they were just your standard illegal immigrants, no one would give 2 fucks, but since they are weird leftists have an affinity for them.

The facts are they are illegal immigrants, they have no rights. There are thousands of people who come from the same countries as these things that get treated in the same shitty way that are trying to immigrate legally.

agree for once with you, they are transgenders thats their special bonus otherwise they would be only illegal immigrants

XenophobicPrussian
06-10-2015, 05:32 AM

Not true, these leftists and homosexuals also protest against regular illegal immigrants being considered illegal.

Brianna
06-10-2015, 06:05 AM
Why are all "trans" people suddenly celebrated and praised like they're actual heroes? The media act like Bruce Jenner rescued twenty orphans from a burning building and the slightest criticism of him is treated like blasphemy by the pop media. It's weird. I don't, for a second, think that there's no media collusion in the blatant promotion of this alternative lifestyle. They have a right to live their lives as they wish, and we have the right to reject obvious propaganda.

Brianna
06-10-2015, 06:09 AM
Not true, these leftists and homosexuals also protest against regular illegal immigrants being considered illegal.

Bigot! They're not illegal immigrants. They're undocumented aliens.;)

Profileid
06-10-2015, 06:10 AM
This thread title.OMG lol.I thought it was a joke.
"trans detention center"
There aren't enough "trans" "people" to have detention centers.
Fuck your trendy bullshit nana

Profileid
06-10-2015, 06:13 AM

30 years ago the West used to support dictatorships and awful things to fight communism sometimes, but now, that's completely unacceptable cuz of social media and civil society being much more active.

30 years ago

Hi my name is NaNaCutie and I have never heard of Saudi Arabia before.

Mortimer
06-10-2015, 06:35 AM
Hi my name is NaNaCutie and I have never heard of Saudi Arabia before.

american president officially tells the saudi king to watch human rights, but i guess its just formal and in practice he doesnt care because its a important allie of the usa in the region

Profileid
06-10-2015, 06:37 AM
american president officially tells the saudi king to watch human rights, but i guess its just formal and in practice he doesnt care because its a important allie of the usa in the region

It's sickening.I have trouble shedding a tear for "non-gender conforming dragon-kin" when the Saudis behead people for "witchcraft".
And no one in the West gives a shit.

Brianna
06-10-2015, 06:41 AM
It's sickening.I have trouble shedding a tear for "non-gendering conforming dragon-kin" when the Saudis behead people for "witchcraft".
And noone in the West gives a shit.

Some sick people are more concerned with Clint Eastwood's VERY mild joke about Bruce Jenner than they are about ISIS's murder and torture of Christian children.

Profileid
06-10-2015, 07:11 AM
Some sick people are more concerned with Clint Eastwood's VERY mild joke about Bruce Jenner than they are about ISIS's murder and torture of Christian children.

The feelings of westerners are more important than the lives of some brown ppl off far away.It's really funny when you think about it.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/clint-eastwood-mocks-caitlyn-jenner-during-spike-tvs-guys-choice-awards/ar-BBkPNbK?ocid=ansET11

the joke -- which Spike TV has said they will cut when the awards show airs
Spike, the channel that has aired how-to guides on picking up strippers to take home and fuck decides a little joke about Bruce Jenner is JUST TOO CRUDE WILL YOU THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN.
haha. It's quite the world we live in.

Profileid
06-10-2015, 07:12 AM
LGBTQ BBQ

Brianna
06-10-2015, 08:18 AM
The feelings of westerners are more important than the lives of some brown ppl off far away.It's really funny when you think about it.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/clint-eastwood-mocks-caitlyn-jenner-during-spike-tvs-guys-choice-awards/ar-BBkPNbK?ocid=ansET11

Spike, the channel that has aired how-to guides on picking up strippers to take home and fuck decides a little joke is JUST TOO CRUDE WILL YOU THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN.
haha.It's quite the world we live in.

The saddest thing is that human lives, any color, don't seem to matter to many people. Their cavalier attitude about "collateral damage" is amazing. They just don't seem to care if it's not their family or friends. It's like it doesn't even register. They think you're an extremist if you even mention the value of human life around the world. It's satanic. I wasn't going to type "satanic" but there's no need to dilute it.

Manifest Destiny
06-10-2015, 08:24 AM

It's a violation of our borders for them to enter the country illegally. America's immigration system should be designed around what benefits America, not what benefits immigrants.

Buchan
06-10-2015, 06:21 PM

The West supports countless dictatorships today. You mad bro?

Leo Iscariot
06-10-2015, 06:41 PM
Good on them.