05-31-2015, 07:05 PM
Med + Taurid

Something like that.

Deneb
05-31-2015, 08:04 PM
She passes as Sephardic.

gamusino
05-31-2015, 10:38 PM
she is not very exotic (she can pass as Spanish Gypsy), you should have cherrypicking this

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11081482_1021174217911892_8003814760839624716_n.jp g?oh=3202db350d01f36fda319d4eddf64482&oe=557524CD&__gda__=1433464989_81c134d72082c328d766d3f02ad86e4 9

http://missmisterforo.creatuforo.com/viewtopic.php?p=101729

Sikeliot
05-31-2015, 10:55 PM
Beautiful. East Med influence, she can pass in southern Italy and Cyprus. She looks very Balearic.

Cristiano viejo
05-31-2015, 11:43 PM
I dont see her so exotic. Make up does quite.
As Gypsy? no way, Gypsies are darker, I should not nor even mention it.

gamusino
06-01-2015, 12:25 AM
I dont see her so exotic. Make up does quite.
As Gypsy? no way, Gypsies are darker, I should not nor even mention it.

http://www.abc.es/Media/201406/01/miss-gitana--644x362.jpg

http://www.abc.es/madrid/gente-estilo/20140602/abci-madrid-busca-gitana-guapa-201406011734.html

alnortedelsur
06-01-2015, 05:14 AM
She looks more like a very regular ethnic Spaniard than gypsy.

alnortedelsur
06-01-2015, 05:19 AM
Beautiful. East Med influence, she can pass in southern Italy and Cyprus. She looks very Balearic.

Balearic Islanders (with the only exception of some few individual cases) don't look particularly east med, compared to other Spaniards. Otherwise they would not cluster with the rest of Iberians, as they do.

EL_BARBARO
06-01-2015, 06:34 AM
This pic is very bad.

So she is taurid, east med and so no?

It is clear, 'cause she's "balearic", innit?

Did anyone have the interest in knowing who she is and her biography?

Ah, no!

What a big amount of experts are here... Unbelieveble.

I admire how a person can be classified so complexely through a simple pic. I must confess I do not have such a skill.

I wonder if the "classifiers" have ever been to balear islands... or if they know the history of them, very recent, modern or past.

Sometimes I have got the impression some "classifiers" remainded in the deep past, when phoenicians tried to find a sea-route till Iberia sailing close to the shore of the mediterranean sea.... or perhaps much before...

I was in Balear Islands, not as Tourists, for years. In Mallorca and in MEnorca too. In Mallorca in the Army, in Menorca, working. More or less, over one year on each island.

I know every place of each islands, as well as their people, for thousands and thousands.

Autoctone people of Balearic islands - there are much more other people as tourists or very recent migrants from the "peninsula" - descend directly and historically from people from the peninsula, and not from people from Creta, Cyprus, Lebanon or wherever.

I have the impression, a lot of people here do not understand or do not know the big enterprise of the colonization or recolonization or certain areas in Spain during Middle Ages and Modern Ages with thousand of people proceding from others territories in Spain, in the case of Balear Island from the old Aragonese Kingdom, especially from Catalonia and Valencia.

And recently from any area from Spain.

EL_BARBARO
06-01-2015, 07:25 AM
She could pass for Albanian.

Pretty sure, for kosovar as well.

Empecinado
06-01-2015, 08:31 AM
Balearic islanders descent from Catalan colonists settled there in the 13th century.

Cristiano viejo
06-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Autoctone people of Balearic islands - there are much more other people as tourists or very recent migrants from the "peninsula" - descend directly and historically from people from the peninsula, and not from people from Creta, Cyprus, Lebanon or wherever.

I have the impression, a lot of people here do not understand or do not know the big enterprise of the colonization or recolonization or certain areas in Spain during Middle Ages and Modern Ages with thousand of people proceding from others territories in Spain, in the case of Balear Island from the old Aragonese Kingdom, especially from Catalonia and Valencia.

And recently from any area from Spain.

Balearic islanders descent from Catalan colonists settled there in the 13th century.

According some experts Balearic people are not like the rest of Spaniards but like Middle Easterns now :lol:
It is laughable.

Sikeliot
06-01-2015, 03:01 PM
No one said they're not Spanish but they have a Middle Eastern genetic element marginally higher than mainlanders. Check any averages spreadsheet from Eurogenes.

alnortedelsur
06-01-2015, 03:21 PM
According some experts Balearic people are not like the rest of Spaniards but like Middle Easterns now :lol:
It is laughable.

Yeah, I am sick of that stupid myth. My mom is from Mallorca, and most of her ancestry is Mallorcan (except for a grandma of her dad, who was from Cordoba, Andalusia), and she has very western facial traits, and has chestnut color hair and green eyes. There is nothing "middle eastern" in her.

And I met tons of fully Mallorcans (aside of some family relatives of my mom), who even speak Mallorcan with their family and relatives, and they were, pigmentation wise, about the same as the Spanish average, and didn't look any different from other Spaniards.

As Barbaro already said, Mallorca was massively repopulated by Catalans (mainly from Girona, I think), and by some Valencians and Aragonese, as well (among others).

alnortedelsur
06-01-2015, 03:32 PM
No one said they're not Spanish but they have a Middle Eastern genetic element marginally higher than mainlanders. Check any averages spreadsheet from Eurogenes.

As you said, it's something very marginal and unimportant. I read on eurogenes, that "Gedrosia", which is some kind of Marker that is high in the north of the middle east (among Lebanese, Syrians and Assyrians), is slightly higher in Balearic Islanders (11-12%), than what is average in Iberia (about 9%), but that small difference of only 2-3 percentage points, is not enough to say that Balearic Islanders are "particularly different" from other Spaniards, because of that.

MINARDOWICZ
06-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Balearic Islanders (with the only exception of some few individual cases) don't look particularly east med, compared to other Spaniards. Otherwise they would not cluster with the rest of Iberians, as they do.

I have seen that they have a higher level of near eastern and east med components in calcs, actually. Moreso than Murcia and Andalucia even. It is a gradient, though. They are somewhere between C Italians and Iberians, I believe.

Sikeliot
06-01-2015, 03:48 PM
I have seen that they have a higher level of near eastern and east med components in calcs, actually. Moreso than Murcia and Andalucia even. It is a gradient, though. They are somewhere between C Italians and Iberians, I believe.

On the new Eurogenes, some of them score up to 10% more Middle Eastern, which means on PCA plots they'd be in the middle of nowhere between Iberia and central Italy.

MINARDOWICZ
06-01-2015, 03:51 PM
On the new Eurogenes, some of them score up to 10% more Middle Eastern, which means on PCA plots they'd be in the middle of nowhere between Iberia and central Italy.

Some Murcians were there too. I did notice that Andalucians were not, which is interesting.

Cristiano viejo
06-01-2015, 03:58 PM

You use that ridicolous information to call Middle Eastern/Phoenician to every exotic (or not so exotic, you dont care that point really) Balearic person you see, what makes not many sense.
Balearic Islanders are not like Canarians, they are fully Spanish, with the exception of the Chuetas (fully Marrano Crypto-Jews who live in Balearic Islands since a lot of centuries ago and are very well known).

MINARDOWICZ
06-01-2015, 04:00 PM
You use that ridicolous information to call Middle Eastern/Phoenician to every exotic (or not so exotic, you dont care that point really) Balearic person you see, what makes not many sense.
Balearic Islanders are not like Canarians, they are fully Spanish, with the exception of the Chuetas (fully Marrano Crypto-Jews who live in Balearic Islands since a lot of centuries ago and are very well known).

If that is the case, they have very little N European admixture, meaning most of the rest of Iberians have a TON of N European admixture. I have heard that Iberians may have been more Southern way back then, maybe this is the case.

EL_BARBARO
06-01-2015, 04:29 PM
I make notice again about what a wonderful skill is had by someones who just having a look on a pic on a computer screen can dissect - with the precision of a surgeon - one person's origins until the lowest percentage in the composition of his DNA....

Unbelievable.

I don't know what they are doing and waiting here, in such a simple and humble forum, and why they are not in a special agency of any major country government...

Sikeliot
06-01-2015, 04:32 PM
No one said what her DNA was, but let's go here and look at the results:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fKE6hbeXUWYEUZIBiU8QKIktHmNNC5NE4wJk3NsTuyY/edit#gid=1448840466

Compare "Middle Eastern" for different places in Spain.

alnortedelsur
06-01-2015, 04:45 PM
If that is the case, they have very little N European admixture, meaning most of the rest of Iberians have a TON of N European admixture. I have heard that Iberians may have been more Southern way back then, maybe this is the case.

Who has very little N European admixture compared to the rest of Iberians?? Balearic Islanders?? LOL

As I already said, my mom has chestnut hair color, has green eyes and fair skin. And there are tons of light types in Mallorca (people with blondish hair tones, very fair skin and blue/green/hazel eyes). Don't tell me that you're saying that Mallorcans are noticeable darker and more "plain Mediterranean" than other Spaniards, because if that's what you're saying, that would be very funny :D

Cristiano viejo
06-01-2015, 04:49 PM

Who do care about Northern European admixture?
Balearic Islanders are mainly Catalans living there. I dont give a shit but I think that Catalans are the Spaniards with higher Northern European admixture, so it is weird.

alnortedelsur
06-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Who do care about Northern European admixture?
Balearic Islanders are mainly Catalans living there. I dont give a shit but I think that Catalans are the Spaniards with higher Northern European admixture, so it is weird.

Exactly, Balearic Islanders are primarily of Catalan descent, that's why they speak Mallorcan, Ibizenc and Menorcan , which are no more than Catalan dialects, tough those island dialect have been being displaced by Castilian during the last decades. There are some remains within the population, of the people that inhabited Mallorca prior to the massive Catalonian re population, but that doesn't change that the main ancestry of Mallorcan people is peninsular (and mostly Catalonian).

EL_BARBARO
06-01-2015, 05:17 PM

I have heard that... It is told me that... Someone said to me that... I have once red that...

Very precise arguments, yes sir.

Let's close the shop, all is already said.

Sikeliot
06-01-2015, 05:22 PM
They have recent Catalan ancestry but surely they didn't wipe out the people living there before. But if they speak Catalan and consider themselves such, then that's what they are.

alnortedelsur
06-01-2015, 05:32 PM
They have recent Catalan ancestry but surely they didn't wipe out the people living there before. But if they speak Catalan and consider themselves such, then that's what they are.

The people living in there before was not completely wiped out, but they were very decimated, and were largely displaced by Catalans, and nowadays, Catalan is the main ancestry among Mallorcans. End of story.

Cristiano viejo
06-01-2015, 05:35 PM

No no, it is not that "they have recent Catalan ancestry", no. It is that they are directly Catalans living in these islands.
In fact, for me they are more Catalan than the own Catalans, who are very mixed with Andalusians, Castilians etc
Recent ancestry lol it is as if a Sicilian is said that he has recent Sicilian ancestry lol

Sikeliot
06-01-2015, 05:40 PM
Well if genetics say they are different than people in Catalunya you have to ask why that is.

EL_BARBARO
06-01-2015, 05:42 PM
she is not very exotic (she can pass as Spanish Gypsy), you should have cherrypicking this

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11081482_1021174217911892_8003814760839624716_n.jp g?oh=3202db350d01f36fda319d4eddf64482&oe=557524CD&__gda__=1433464989_81c134d72082c328d766d3f02ad86e4 9

Then I believe to understand that just knowing the geographical origin of a person, I could make a classification of any pic on a screen.

What about migrations, parents' and grandparents' origins, facial features -so clear are those on a pic on a computer screen?

I claim again, I would not be able to classify a person whith those tools. I am sorry.

I have not got such an ability.

I am not able to distinguish an east-mediterranean features on such a spanish face and skin, because it seems that apparently they are the only places in a person where those characterisc features can be found.

Perhaps I have got not enough experience. Perhaps I have to memorize the data in that table in the link, or simply to look it up in order to classify any person through his pic on a pc screen, even though that could go against reason.

I guess it is my fault.

PS1: Reality of things and individuals, of the essence of those things and individuals, are not always on tabulae nor in figures, not even on pics. Sometimes we need to have a little straighter contact with them in order to know and, of course, to classify.

PS2: By the way, her name is Cósima Cabrera López, not too typical "balearic" surnames, even though she could perfectly be an islander by her looking. Would still be the data on the tabula acceptable, despite her origins are presumably not enterely "balearic"?

PS3: Just for curiosity, have you ever been to Balear Islands? I mean not a couple of weeks, but a little longer.

Armand_Duval
06-01-2015, 05:43 PM
http://www.abc.es/Media/201406/01/miss-gitana--644x362.jpg

http://www.abc.es/madrid/gente-estilo/20140602/abci-madrid-busca-gitana-guapa-201406011734.html

The original Romani blood is obviously diluded in those women, most look just generic euro.

Then when you see a blonde and blue eyed jew that means jews are blonde and blue eyed per se?.

alnortedelsur
06-01-2015, 05:47 PM
Well if genetics say they are different than people in Catalunya you have to ask why that is.

How different?? They're not identical to Catalans (for sure) because no one Spanish region is "exactly identical" to any other Spanish region but they are very close to them, because they are primarily of Catalan descent, period.

You keep on talking about Balearic islanders as if they have an own separate cluster from other Spaniards, but they don't. They're into the same cluster with all other Iberians, end of story.

ius semper
06-01-2015, 06:00 PM
They obviously have changed since the catalan settlers went there, that level of swarthiness is anormal since I have friends from Mallorca and they don't look like that. But, who cares, in 50 years the balearic islands will be a german lander so...

EL_BARBARO
06-01-2015, 06:08 PM
They obviously have changed since the catalan settlers went there, that level of swarthiness is anormal since I have friends from Mallorca and they don't look like that. But, who cares, in 50 years the balearic islands will be a german lander so...

Cabrera López, very balearic. Pa' mear y no echar gota, nen.

ius semper
06-01-2015, 06:09 PM
Cabrera López, very balearic. Pa' mear y no echar gota, nen.

Si esque no nos ponen en el norte de áfrica en los mapas porque no pueden, porque sino...

Sikeliot
06-01-2015, 06:16 PM
But, who cares, in 50 years the balearic islands will be a german lander so...

Why?

Cristiano viejo
06-01-2015, 06:20 PM
People from Catalonia are not real Catalans.

German? you meant Arabic.

ius semper
06-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Why?

Its well known the high number of rich northern european tribes going there and not even learning our so loved romance language.

gamusino
06-01-2015, 06:26 PM
The original Romani blood is obviously diluded in those women, most look just generic euro.

Then when you see a blonde and blue eyed jew that means jews are blonde and blue eyed per se?.

I only said that she can pass as Spanish gypsy, not for any Gypsy, and is truth, where is the problem?

there are many Spanish women brunettes that can pass by Gitanas if they have east nose, just a makeup that lengthens the eyes.

with other makeup she looks more west, but still having at least an Italian ambiance.

http://www.abc-mallorca.es/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/fashionshoot-620x330.jpg

compared with the other candidates

not my fault that "spanish catalan" spend his life to finding "exotic" spaniards :noidea:

Empecinado
06-01-2015, 06:27 PM
The native Balearic islanders were decimated and sold as slaves. So the higher ME admixture is more likely due the fact Balearic islands after the conquest were a port with many trade and military movement, with many soldiers and traders of S. Italian and Greek ancestry going there.

Thus, according to the Llibre dels Repartiment, the conquered lands were divided among people from Catalonia (39.71%), Occitan (24.26%), Italy (16.19%), Aragon (7.35%), Navarra (5.88%), France (4.42%), Castille (1.47%) and Flanders (0.73%). Due to the extermination or expulsion of most of the native population, there was not enough manpower to cultivate the fields, so the island's first franchise letters were issued in 1230 and offered privileges which attracted more settlers for the purpose of cultivation.[10] The new Majorcan population came mainly from Catalonia, more specifically from the northeast and east, from Ampurdán, although there did remain a small Moorish population. As a result, the language of Majorca is an eastern Catalan dialect (which was already used in the texts of the Royal Chancellery by the Crown of Aragon, whose scribes included Bernat Metge, one of the most important figures of Catalan literature)[10] derived in turn from Limousin and called Majorquin.[132]

Many typical Majorcan surnames, as they came into hereditary use throughout the various strata of the island in the thirteenth century, refer to the original lands of the first repopulators. Some examples are Català (Catalan), Pisa (Pisa), Cerdà (from Cerdagne), Vallespir, Rossello (Roussillon), Corró (the population of Valle Franquesas), or Balaguer and Cervera (towns in the province of Lleida).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conquest_of_Majorca

Sikeliot
06-01-2015, 06:28 PM
The native Balearic islanders were decimated and sold as slaves. So the higher ME admixture is more likely due the fact Balearic islands after the conquest were a port with many trade and military movement, with many soldiers and traders of S. Italian and Greek ancestry going there.

So they are part southern Italian then. Probably Neapolitan.

Cristiano viejo
06-01-2015, 06:32 PM
Menuda has liao. Ahora los Mallorquines son Napolitanos :lol:

Empecinado
06-01-2015, 06:44 PM
Menuda has liao. Ahora los Mallorquines son Napolitanos :lol:

http://s.quickmeme.com/img/9d/9d4c8b09c8eac3f742104c9c8c34201500994543aecdef3024 9b7e77944debe8.jpg

spanish catalan
06-01-2015, 11:20 PM
balearic islands have considerable haplogroups phoenician-cartaghinian

http://i58.tinypic.com/2nbujxl.gif

http://i59.tinypic.com/8wvztc.gif

http://i60.tinypic.com/2j4sqkh.gif

alnortedelsur
06-02-2015, 04:50 AM
For those who insist that Balearic islanders are some kind of exotic "east-med like" people that are "particularly distinct" from the rest of Spain, and more "plain Mediterranean" compared to other Spaniards, here there are some videos of people from Mallorca:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JUtMYlWt0E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IihG1Ti8fQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVxxRj39Z8I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2LD9IIWdwM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rHJ-EldRkQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ini6LtfWT-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOScy2vDRaI

How many "middle eastern like" people are in there?? Are these people "so different" and darker, compared to other Spaniards??

Seriously... cut with the crap.

MINARDOWICZ
06-02-2015, 05:42 AM
How different?? They're not identical to Catalans (for sure) because no one Spanish region is "exactly identical" to any other Spanish region but they are very close to them, because they are primarily of Catalan descent, period.

You keep on talking about Balearic islanders as if they have an own separate cluster from other Spaniards, but they don't. They're into the same cluster with all other Iberians, end of story.

Why are you so nervous about this topic that you want to end it so suddenly? Hahaha! You crazy Iberians. It's not like we are saying Balearic people are Arabs. They clearly are genetically different from other Iberians though. Look into it a bit. They are clearly not just Catalans.

aherne
06-02-2015, 05:53 AM
East Med: could be Greek... I saw many Catalans with this type.

Cristiano viejo
06-02-2015, 08:45 AM
balearic islands have considerable haplogroups phoenician-cartaghinian

http://i58.tinypic.com/2nbujxl.gif

http://i59.tinypic.com/8wvztc.gif

http://i60.tinypic.com/2j4sqkh.gif
1- In all case these are Berber haplogroups, not Semitic.
2- I dont see more influence in Balearic Island than in other places in these maps.

spanish catalan
06-02-2015, 01:57 PM
1- In all case these are Berber haplogroups, not Semitic.
2- I dont see more influence in Balearic Island than in other places in these maps.

1 - I consider haplogroup e1b1b the true haplogroup semitic. j1 is caucasian-anatolian
2 - yes, I agree, but haplogroup E-m123 have 10% frequency in ibiza and menorca

alnortedelsur
06-02-2015, 01:59 PM
Why are you so nervous about this topic that you want to end it so suddenly? Hahaha! You crazy Iberians. It's not like we are saying Balearic people are Arabs. They clearly are genetically different from other Iberians though. Look into it a bit. They are clearly not just Catalans.

I am going to quote here, what El_Barbaro already said:

What part of it you didn't understand??

Listen, I didn't say they're just Catalans, but they are predominately of Catalan descent. To put an example, Argentinians are predominately of Spanish and Italian descent. If we waited some few centuries for all Argentinians to mix with each other, until they are all uniformly the same people (racially speaking), and then, we placed Argentinians in Eurogenes, they would obviously would not be the same as Spaniards or Italians, because they would also have some Amerindian ancestry, and some other European ancestries into the mix, other than Italian and Spanish, but that would not change that Argentinians, as a whole, would be predominately of Spanish/Italian background.

Dude, I lived in Mallorca for more than 2 years, and I also lived in Barcelona and Madrid, and I also met many Spanish peninsulars living in Mallorca, and I didn't noticed any particular difference between Mallorcan people and other Spaniards. And regarding other Spaniars having "a lot more" N European admixture than Balearic people... lol. Excuse me, but I was even in towns in the deep interior of Mallorca, where all people are fully Mallorcan and still have Mallorcan as their first language, and there was plenty of people (not the majority, but plenty of people) with blondish hair tones (including chestnut color hair) and hazel, green or blue eyes, just like it happens in any other Spanish region.

Did you see the videos of Mallorcan people that I posted yesterday.?? Do they look noticeable darker, and more exotic, on average, than the rest of Spaniards?? How many people with olive skin tone, middle eastern facial traits and hoked noses do you see in there??

You insist that Balearic people are "clearly genetically" different from other Spaniards, and you even said that other Spaniards have "A LOT more N European" than Balearic people, but you haven't showed any proof to support your claims. If you say something, you have to back it up with actual data. Show me the data.

alnortedelsur
06-02-2015, 02:17 PM
During the reconquista of Spain, Moors were given two options, convert to Christianity or leave. That is why imo many Spanish could pass for North African.

I have been to Mallorca and I would say the woman in the first picture is not typical of Mallorca.

You have never seen Spaniards in your whole life. And you have no knowledge about genetics and anthropology. You're only babbling non-senses from your big ignorance. Go and eat some hamburgers. This is a forum for knowledgeable and cultured people.

alnortedelsur
06-02-2015, 02:18 PM
DUPLICATED POST

ius semper
06-02-2015, 02:27 PM
We all know what balearic people look like. Like fully mediterranean people which is what they're. You're talking crap about catalans going there 600 hundred years ago or moors 1000 years ago and that's not the reality. Populations change, you assume that because of some invations or some catalan people going there they must be so. And all the time which has passed since then what? It doesn't count? Because if it has to be for invasions then they're also germanic. I have lots of german friends there who already have spanish passport.

alnortedelsur
06-02-2015, 02:32 PM
We all know what balearic people look like. Like fully mediterranean people which is what they're. You're talking crap about catalans going there 600 hundred years ago or moors 1000 years ago and that's not the reality. Populations change, you assume that because of some invations or some catalan people going there they must be so. And all the time which has passed since then what? It doesn't count? Because if it has to be for invasions then they're also germanic. I have lots of german friends there who already have spanish passport.

Did you checked my videos of Mallorcan people?? Do they look "fully Mediterranean", compared to other Spaniards?? Why does my mom (who is almost fully Mallorcan) has chestnut color hair, fair skin, and green eyes??

ius semper
06-02-2015, 02:35 PM
Did you checked my videos of Mallorcan people?? Do they look "fully Mediterranean", compared to other Spaniards?? Why my mom (who is almost fully Mallorcan) has chestnut color hair, fair skin, and green eyes??

GREAT! so now mediterranean people can't have chesnut hair and green eyes? Go tell my best friend and see his reaction, he's from pollença and is blonde. And balearic people aren't mediterranean?? did you check the holly map! they're in the middle of the fuc**ng mediterranean sea! you guys are all mad. ALL.

spanish catalan
06-02-2015, 02:42 PM
most people of balearic islands is of catalan ancestry,yes.but phoenician-carthaginian ancestry is considerable
my grandfather born in balearic islands and he have levantine look

alnortedelsur
06-02-2015, 02:51 PM
GREAT! so now mediterranean people can't have chesnut hair and green eyes? Go tell my best friend and see his reaction, he's from pollença and is blonde. And balearic people aren't mediterranean?? did you check the holly map! they're in the middle of the fuc**ng mediterranean sea! you guys are all mad. ALL.

ah ok! I thought that with "fully Mediterranean" your were meaning olive skinned people with very dark hair and eyes.

I am not saying that Balearic people are not Mediterranean, but with the term "fully Mediterranean" I thought that you were inferring that there were not people with light traits among them. Maybe I am wrong, but I have always thought that having those kind of light traits have to do with having some northern ("indo-European"??) non Mediterranean influence. Balearic Islands are in the middle of the Mediterranean sea, but they have been massively colonized by Catalans (who have some N European input), and there are plenty of Balearic people with light traits as my mom. Based on all that, is very logical to come up with the conclusion that Balearic people are not just "plain Mediterranean". If you mean that those kind of light traits have always been native on the Mediterranean region, that's fine, and I didn't know about that possibility.

I know that I am not very knowledgeable.

LostInParadise
06-02-2015, 02:54 PM
Ibiza :amour101:

ius semper
06-02-2015, 02:55 PM
ah ok! I thought that with "fully Mediterranean" your were meaning olive skinned people with very dark hair and eyes.

I am not saying that Balearic people are not Mediterranean, but with the term "fully Mediterranean" I thought that you were inferring that there were not people with light traits among them. Maybe I am wrong, but I have always thought that having those kind of light traits have to do with having some northern ("indo-European"??) non Mediterranean influence. Balearic Islands are in the middle of the Mediterranean sea, but they have been massively colonized by Catalans (who have some N European input), and there are plenty of Balearic people with light traits as my mom. Based on all that, is very logical to come up with the conclusion that Balearic people are not just "plain Mediterranean". If you mean that those kind of light traits have always been native on the Mediterranean region, that's fine, and I didn't know about that possibility.

I know that I am not very knowledgeable.

I'm half catalan and half aragonese. Both regions are almost next to the mediterranean sea (actually catalonia IS next to the mediterranean sea). That makes me mediterranean. Now look at my avatar picture. It's obviously me. Do you think I'm olived skin? or dark skinned or whatever? Mediterranean just means your ancestry has developed next to the mediterranean, not that you're cypriot looking.

alnortedelsur
06-02-2015, 02:55 PM
most people of balearic islands is of catalan ancestry,yes.but phoenician-carthaginian ancestry is considerable
my grandfather born in balearic islands and he have levantine look

I don't negate that there is some Phoenician-Carthaginian ancestry among Balearic people, but it is very minor compared to the peninsular (mostly Catalan) ancestry, and is not "dramatically" higher than in the rest of Spain.

ius semper
06-02-2015, 02:59 PM
I don't negate that there is some Phoenician-Carthaginian ancestry among Balearic people, but it is very minor compared to the peninsular (mostly Catalan) ancestry, and is not "dramatically" higher than in the rest of Spain.

Balearic people are most of them of catalan ancestry but I don't think they share phenotype with catalan people. That's just IMO though

alnortedelsur
06-02-2015, 03:04 PM
Balearic people are most of them of catalan ancestry but I don't think they share phenotype with catalan people. That's just IMO though

You don't think that many of the Mallorcan peoples on my videos could pass in Catalonia??

Can you show me examples of how Mallorcan people look like, on average, and then show examples of average Catalans??

I mean, they're probably no identical in looks to Catalans, but from there to say that there cannot be any overlap of Balearic people with Catalans, there is a big stretch.

Prism
06-02-2015, 03:09 PM
She passes as Albanian or Sephardic.

She doesn't pass as Albanian at all. You know nothing about Albanian women, they look Eastern European.

http://www.forumishqiptar.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=81987&stc=1&d=1159362393

Very typical Albanian girl, Eralda Hitaj.

More Albanian women :

http://www.thelovelyplanet.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Kosovo-Girl-Traditional-Costume-azem.jpg
http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/7469184/600full-enca-haxhia.jpg

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?73298-Albanian-Women-Femrat-Shqiptare/page2&highlight=femrat+shqiptare

90% of the time they have round faces not long, unlike Iberians. ( Speaking of women ).

ius semper
06-02-2015, 03:10 PM
You don't think that many of the Mallorcan peoples on my videos could pass in Catalonia??

Can you show me examples of how Mallorcan people look like, on average, and then show examples of average Catalans??

I mean, they're probably no identical in looks to Catalans, but from there to say that there cannot be any overlap with Catalans, there is a big stretch.

I mean, if i post here a picture of a guy from catalonia you won't be able to say if he's catalan, spanish, french, balearic italian or whatever. Maybe some balearic do resemble catalans but for instance, do you personally think I look balearic?

alnortedelsur
06-02-2015, 03:13 PM
I mean, if i post here a picture of a guy from catalonia you won't be able to say if he's catalan, spanish, french, balearic italian or whatever. Maybe some balearic do resemble catalans but for instance, do you personally think I look balearic?

Yes, you would perfectly pass. You look very similar to a cousin of my mom.

ius semper
06-02-2015, 03:16 PM

Oh, OK. I've never been told I look balearic though. People always tell me I look french, italian, even basque once! But I guess I could also pass as balearic yes.

alnortedelsur
06-02-2015, 03:17 PM

And never mind, this cousin of my mom is half German because he is son of a female cousin of my mom with a German guy (so, he is not a very valid example), but I have seen many Mallorcan people who doesn't look much different from you.

alnortedelsur
06-02-2015, 03:22 PM
Oh, OK. I've never been told I look balearic though. People always tell me I look french, italian, even basque once! But I guess I could also pass as balearic yes.

Why did you think that you could not pass in Mallorca?? Do you think that Mallorcan people cannot pass for Spanish peninsulars, and cannot be mistaken with French, Italian, Basque, or whatever??

ius semper
06-02-2015, 03:25 PM
Why did you think that you could not pass in Mallorca?? Do you think that Mallorcan people cannot pass for Spanish peninsulars, and cannot be mistaken with French, Italian, Basque, or whatever??

No no no, absolutely not! I never said they were something different to the rest of continental europeans. I was just trying to say that in the same way you can sometimes distinguish a catalan from a french, you could also distinguish a catalan from a balearic guy.But I guess I was wrong.

alnortedelsur
06-02-2015, 03:30 PM
No no no, absolutely not! I never said they were something different to the rest of continental europeans. I was just trying to say that in the same way you can sometimes distinguish a catalan from a french, you could also distinguish a catalan from a balearic guy.But I guess I was wrong.

You said it all, sometimes. I know that there are some distinctive Balearic types, just like it happens with all other Iberian regions. They are not "identical" to each other, but at the same time, they are very similar with each other, plot together in genetic maps, and they share a huge phenotypic overlap with each other. And Balearic Islanders are not particularly "more different" than the other Spanish regions. That's all what I mean.

Sikeliot
06-02-2015, 04:19 PM

You look French and northern Italian to me.

ius semper
06-02-2015, 04:26 PM
You look French and northern Italian to me.

cool. Yes, everytime I ask someone what nationality do you think I'm they normally say french. I don't have any problem though. French people are nice and more is their country.

Sikeliot
06-02-2015, 04:28 PM
cool. Yes, everytime I ask someone what nationality do you think I'm they normally say french. I don't have any problem though. French people are nice and more is their country.

I think you fit mainly in the area around Provence, Piedmont, Liguria, etc.

ius semper
06-02-2015, 04:33 PM
I think you fit mainly in the area around Provence, Piedmont, Liguria, etc.

Oh, maybe. But I think I'd fit better in southwestern france actually (bourdeaux-gironde). I don't have light hair and piemontese and northern italians normally have light brown hair whereas southwestern french normally have paler skin (like me)

alnortedelsur
06-02-2015, 04:58 PM
This is an old thread of mine, about Mallorcan people:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?108281-Classify-people-from-Mallorca-Balearic-Islands-Spain

Alessio
06-02-2015, 05:02 PM
South-west-France and Spain would be 2 best fits for your phenotype

MINARDOWICZ
06-03-2015, 05:29 AM
I am going to quote here, what El_Barbaro already said:

What part of it you didn't understand??

Listen, I didn't say they're just Catalans, but they are predominately of Catalan descent. To put an example, Argentinians are predominately of Spanish and Italian descent. If we waited some few centuries for all Argentinians to mix with each other, until they are all uniformly the same people (racially speaking), and then, we placed Argentinians in Eurogenes, they would obviously would not be the same as Spaniards or Italians, because they would also have some Amerindian ancestry, and some other European ancestries into the mix, other than Italian and Spanish, but that would not change that Argentinians, as a whole, would be predominately of Spanish/Italian background.

Dude, I lived in Mallorca for more than 2 years, and I also lived in Barcelona and Madrid, and I also met many Spanish peninsulars living in Mallorca, and I didn't noticed any particular difference between Mallorcan people and other Spaniards. And regarding other Spaniars having "a lot more" N European admixture than Balearic people... lol. Excuse me, but I was even in towns in the deep interior of Mallorca, where all people are fully Mallorcan and still have Mallorcan as their first language, and there was plenty of people (not the majority, but plenty of people) with blondish hair tones (including chestnut color hair) and hazel, green or blue eyes, just like it happens in any other Spanish region.

Did you see the videos of Mallorcan people that I posted yesterday.?? Do they look noticeable darker, and more exotic, on average, than the rest of Spaniards?? How many people with olive skin tone, middle eastern facial traits and hoked noses do you see in there??

You insist that Balearic people are "clearly genetically" different from other Spaniards, and you even said that other Spaniards have "A LOT more N European" than Balearic people, but you haven't showed any proof to support your claims. If you say something, you have to back it up with actual data. Show me the data.

You are obviously a bit crazy. ALL of the eurogenes including them as a sample show them with very different results from other Iberians. Fact. Same with Murcia.

MINARDOWICZ
06-03-2015, 05:30 AM
You have never seen Spaniards in your whole life. And you have no knowledge about genetics and anthropology. You're only babbling non-senses from your big ignorance. Go and eat some hamburgers. This is a forum for knowledgeable and cultured people.

So why are you here? Hmmmm.

alnortedelsur
06-03-2015, 05:39 AM
You are obviously a bit crazy. ALL of the eurogenes including them as a sample show them with very different results from other Iberians. Fact. Same with Murcia.

Well, I am not very knowledgeable in genetics, I have to admit it, but this is the first time that I read from somebody that Balearic people are "remarkably different" from other Spaniards. Why you don't post those eurogenes samples?? I would like to know about the opinion of the Spanish members on this forum after you post those samples, I would like to see them, and I would like they see to them, and give their opinion as well.

alnortedelsur
06-03-2015, 05:42 AM
So why are you here? Hmmmm.

I am not very knowledgeable in genetics, but I am much more knowledgeable, in regards to general culture, than certain people who say non senses about Spaniards being admixed with moors.

MINARDOWICZ
06-03-2015, 06:47 AM
I am not very knowledgeable in genetics, but I am much more knowledgeable, in regards to general culture, than certain people who say non senses about Spaniards being admixed with moors.

There is some admixture, though, but it is negligible. Same goes with Sicilians. Look into it a bit. Not all parts of Spain have it though... and those that do, have very little.

alnortedelsur
06-03-2015, 06:55 AM
There is some admixture, though, but it is negligible. Same goes with Sicilians. Look into it a bit. Not all parts of Spain have it though... and those that do, have very little.

The same goes with middle-eastern admixture in Balearic Islands. I am not saying that Balearic people are exactly the same as Catalans and other Spaniard peninsulars. They might have some slightly higher Phoenician-Carthaginian admixture, compared to other Spaniards, but not enough as for being "remarkably different" from other Spaniards.

spanish catalan
09-09-2015, 12:13 AM
bump