PDA

View Full Version : Would you support Georgia joining the European Union?

poiuytrewq0987
07-15-2010, 03:55 PM
http://en.rian.ru/images/15982/74/159827484.jpg

Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili expressed on Thursday his gratitude to France over its efforts to strengthen Georgia's cooperation with the European Union and NATO.

The first official round of talks on the Georgia-EU Association Agreement, which would allow further political and economic integration between Tbilisi and the union, took place in Georgia's Black Sea city of Batumi on Thursday. The document will replace the existing Partnership and Cooperation deal.

"We are very grateful to France for its efforts aimed at [Georgia's] integration with the European Union, very grateful for the constructive position regarding issues related to NATO, we are grateful over the issues related to bilateral economic cooperation, security structures in Europe, the Geneva talks [on security in the South Caucasus], and other issues," Saakashvili said after talks in Tbilisi with French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner.

http://en.rian.ru/exsoviet/20100715/159827350.html

The Lawspeaker
07-15-2010, 03:58 PM
No. Not because I don't consider them to be European (I think of them as "borderland" at best) but because I am in favour of getting rid of the European Union.

hajduk
07-15-2010, 03:59 PM
I don't wish them to lost their national identify

poiuytrewq0987
07-15-2010, 04:02 PM
I don't wish them to lost their national identify

I don't really care for their national identity per se as they're not really a European country.

anonymaus
07-15-2010, 04:05 PM
If Saakashvili wants to hide under NATO's skirt so badly he should claim refugee status in the West and let Georgia get on with things.

Liffrea
07-15-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm sure Russia would love it.

Sahson
07-15-2010, 04:09 PM
What have they done, to even become part of the union?

Wulfhere
07-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Actually, thinking about it, the more mud countries that join it the better, since it will make us more likely to leave.

antonio
07-15-2010, 05:07 PM

Being as Europeans as you? :D

Ps. Its PM -God and Saint George save him many years- has a vague resemblance on Gordon Brown.

nisse
07-15-2010, 05:32 PM
No. Not because I don't consider them to be European (I think of them as "borderland" at best) but because I am in favour of getting rid of the European Union.

Yes. Not because I consider them European, but because I think this will make the EU fall apart faster :D

Pallantides
07-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Georgia has very a interesting history and I respect them as a people, but just as Ranger stated I don't wish them to lose their national identify.:)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c6/Queentamar_giorgi.jpg/697px-Queentamar_giorgi.jpg

d3cimat3d
07-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Well most of Georgia is within the recognized boundary of Europe, so why not.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx70/MurderMaterial/Map_of_Europe_political.png

Tony
07-15-2010, 06:06 PM
Actually according to the Caucasus watershed Georgia lies beyond the range so she should be considered as an Asian country , at least geographically speaking.
But that's not my main point in wantin' to keep 'em out , EU is already a mess , the more backwarded countries we let in the more ruined we get , to make it short.
Even if racially and culturally speaking I consider them as belonging to the Eurosphere.

Hussar
07-15-2010, 06:39 PM
NO

And NOT for the reasons of most of peoples here. Not for cultural reasons.

The main point isn't just that "they aren't europeans" etc. etc. No.

The problem is more crucial : they want to join the EU to join NATO at once. In this way they make easy the big strategical plan of USA.

If Georgia will be accepted (i don't think), then Wahington will get a double strike :

1) To gain a strategic platform against Russia and the whole ex soviet area (since STILL the 90% of anglo-saxon "think tank" consider Moskow a danger to the american "liberal democracy")
Georgia would be an excellent bridge to allow a flux of helps, weapons etc. etc. to rebel movments in northern caucasus (we would witness a flourish of terroristic factions against Moskow).

2) Contribute to the weakening of a political identity of EUROPE : Washington knows that the eventual birth of a pan european politic nationalism (and consequently the turning of EU in a politic/military super power, independant from NATO) would be very dangerous for their global interests. In the same stategic/ideologic contest, you can understand why USA are favourables to a country like TURKEY in the UE : Turkey is a NATO country and admitting it in the union would mean A = avoiding permanently any possibility of an independent role of Europe in the internationa arena, strengthening its tie with NATO and then to the U.S.A. interest) B = contributing to a crisis of political identity of Europe, thank the presence of a BIG muslim country inside the union.

So.....no. I wouldn't support Georga joining EU. I'm not going to be a collaborator of "american politic of power". RATHER (i want to be provokative) i would support an annexation of Georgia by the Russia Federation.

Liffrea
07-15-2010, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Nomad

As I’m sure anyone who has studied the member nations of the European football governing body UEFA are aware what constitutes Europe becomes very fluid and downright strange around the edges!;)

d3cimat3d
07-15-2010, 07:20 PM
As I’m sure anyone who has studied the member nations of the European football governing body UEFA are aware what constitutes Europe becomes very fluid and downright strange around the edges!;)

Whats strange is the Turanid countries like Ukraine and south Russia are considered in Europe, yet a pure Caucasoid country like Georgia doesn't qualify. Some people argue that Europe ends at the Rhine, since anything east of that is "Mongrel" land.

Praamžius
07-16-2010, 06:15 AM
Whats strange is the Turanid countries like Ukraine and south Russia are considered in Europe

Turanid influence in Ukraine is minor and south Russia is border of Europe , so what so strange about that?

poiuytrewq0987
07-16-2010, 06:21 AM
Whats strange is the Turanid countries like Ukraine and south Russia are considered in Europe, yet a pure Caucasoid country like Georgia doesn't qualify. Some people argue that Europe ends at the Rhine, since anything east of that is "Mongrel" land.

Considering how you're a Turk, yeah, I'd think they'd qualify as a "pure Caucasian country" to you but not to me though.

Fortis in Arduis
07-16-2010, 06:33 AM
I would not wish the European Union on anyone.

Liffrea
07-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Nomad
Whats strange is the Turanid countries like Ukraine and south Russia are considered in Europe, yet a pure Caucasoid country like Georgia doesn't qualify.

I have yet to a see an argument that wouldn’t class Ukraine and the European parts of Russia in a general definition of Europe.

Of course where Europe “ends” is a debatable point but one that has to be decided on racial and cultural grounds I feel geography only takes us so far. Even then we are talking about a gradual decline of Europeaness (yes I know it isn’t a word).

Some people argue that Europe ends at the Rhine, since anything east of that is "Mongrel" land.

I wouldn’t be inclined to listen to the opinion of anyone who thinks that Europe ends at the Rhine.

Treffie
07-16-2010, 01:35 PM
Yes, let them in - we could do with 20,000 Georgians to clean our toilets, fill our supermarket shelves etc :p

Loki
07-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Absolutely not. They are too much of a US puppet. Would sour the EU's relations with Russia. Like Poland, only worse.

Andre Matheus
07-16-2010, 07:20 PM
None of them can be compared with the UK. The best U.S. puppet!

Andre Matheus
07-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Russia sucks, and nobody knows that better than people who have seen the horrid place up close and personal.

The Lawspeaker
07-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Question: who are you and what the hell are you doing here?

Austin
07-16-2010, 07:35 PM
This is an area where I very much disliked Bush and his policies towards Russia as well as U.S. liberal/conservative views towards Russia.

Georgia is a thorn and a tool which is wielded against Russia to keep it weak in comparison to the West and the rest of the world. It is used to further the undermining of a once great now troubled realm. There is an ignorant, old distrust of Russia from WW2/Cold War that still looms heavily among U.S. policy and its political leaders and even within the U.S. populace.

All U.S. media is critical or at best weary of Russia, even though Russia is the equivalent of a sick brother waving a twig in comparison. There is a real mentality that Russia must be kept weak, not just in the conservative realm of the U.S. but also very much so in the liberal one, both dislike/distrust Russia and work to undermine it in their coverage.

When I ask people why Russia is a threat now when it has many common threats as the West, all they can answer is "Russia is evil and should be opposed". They cannot tell you why this is the case anymore nor do they care to, and in my opinion this is largely because the media, all of it, drills this sentiment into the average person.

I am under the impression it is a mix of Eastern Europeans and Israel factions that are pushing this continuation of hostility to Russia behind the scenes, they exploit the U.S. old guards fears of the olden Russia that no longer actually exists. Russia is a husk of its former self no matter what it says, and this reality is being hidden from most in the U.S.

Hussar
07-16-2010, 11:09 PM
....Would sour the EU's relations with Russia.....

It's just what Washington wants.

Pallantides
07-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Question: who are you and what the hell are you doing here?

Well he is not with us anymore!:thumb001:

Crvena zvezda
07-17-2010, 01:57 AM

Shown a level of sycophancy to their imperial overlords not seen anywhere else in eastern Europe where the EU tentacles are spreading.

If not for the fact that it would strain relations with Russia and that for practical reasons certain EU states would be against it, one could easily see the United States, the EUSSR leadership in Brussels and most presidents of EU states unilaterally calling for them to immediately join the EUSSR.

Crvena zvezda
07-17-2010, 02:05 AM
None of them can be compared with the UK. The best U.S. puppet!

If Georgia had the resources of the UK and the population of the UK and the leadership of Saashkavili it's fair to say they would have instituted a draft and sent half a million young men to fight in Iraq. [[America wouldn't of had to waste so many of its resources]]

Goergia is more of the perfect U.S. puppet then the sycophant blair ever was.

Crvena zvezda
07-17-2010, 02:18 AM
This is an area where I very much disliked Bush and his policies towards Russia as well as U.S. liberal/conservative views towards Russia.

Georgia is a thorn and a tool which is wielded against Russia to keep it weak in comparison to the West and the rest of the world. It is used to further the undermining of a once great now troubled realm. There is an ignorant, old distrust of Russia from WW2/Cold War that still looms heavily among U.S. policy and its political leaders and even within the U.S. populace.

All U.S. media is critical or at best weary of Russia, even though Russia is the equivalent of a sick brother waving a twig in comparison. There is a real mentality that Russia must be kept weak, not just in the conservative realm of the U.S. but also very much so in the liberal one, both dislike/distrust Russia and work to undermine it in their coverage.

When I ask people why Russia is a threat now when it has many common threats as the West, all they can answer is "Russia is evil and should be opposed". They cannot tell you why this is the case anymore nor do they care to, and in my opinion this is largely because the media, all of it, drills this sentiment into the average person.

I am under the impression it is a mix of Eastern Europeans and Israel factions that are pushing this continuation of hostility to Russia behind the scenes, they exploit the U.S. old guards fears of the olden Russia that no longer actually exists. Russia is a husk of its former self no matter what it says, and this reality is being hidden from most in the U.S.

Thats because the U.S. establishment knows the lies they tell to the American populace of how the Cold War ended are not true and it eats at their heart. They view the end of the cold war a pyrrhic victory, as Russia is resurgent and was never totally defeated.

Face it the Cold War did not end because of Afghanistan, the people wanted freedom, or a moribund bureucracy and other romanticized notion.

It ended for the simple fact that it was in the interests of Russia to detach its self form the Soviet Union, and the Russian elites knew it. It was obvious Russia had nothing to gain from wasting its resources helping the third world, propping client regimes and most of all subsidizing the grime of Central Asia, Caucausus and as well as the Eastern European domains (not as bad as the first two, but face it a Russia of 150 million lost subsidizing the then 60 million Belarussians and Ukrainians).

For Russia and its people to benefit, as well as for their own bank accounts, it was obvious that Russia needed to get rid off the leeches of Central Asia and Caucausus. With the exception of the small Baltics, Russia still dominates the USSR and in fact it controls it more --Russia could never for practical reasons control the hydrocarbons of central asis like it does now in the cold war.

Austin
07-17-2010, 03:18 AM
Thats because the U.S. establishment knows the lies they tell to the American populace of how the Cold War ended are not true and it eats at their heart. They view the end of the cold war a pyrrhic victory, as Russia is resurgent and was never totally defeated.

Face it the Cold War did not end because of Afghanistan, the people wanted freedom, or a moribund bureucracy and other romanticized notion.

It ended for the simple fact that it was in the interests of Russia to detach its self form the Soviet Union, and the Russian elites knew it. It was obvious Russia had nothing to gain from wasting its resources helping the third world, propping client regimes and most of all subsidizing the grime of Central Asia, Caucausus and as well as the Eastern European domains (not as bad as the first two, but face it a Russia of 150 million lost subsidizing the then 60 million Belarussians and Ukrainians).

For Russia and its people to benefit, as well as for their own bank accounts, it was obvious that Russia needed to get rid off the leeches of Central Asia and Caucausus. With the exception of the small Baltics, Russia still dominates the USSR and in fact it controls it more --Russia could never for practical reasons control the hydrocarbons of central asis like it does now in the cold war.

Well the USSR was certainly over-extended financially. Respectfully it was not about to compete with the domestic U.S. economically... The U.S. had not just had their nation and people internally ravaged such as Russia had in WW2, so it is very understandable that Russia had an unfair financial dilemma in running/maintaining it's empire in comparison to the U.S. which came out of WW2 largely unscathed in comparison to Russia.

The standard line Americans are taught and believe is that the USSR ran out of money competing with the U.S. militarily and economically. There is undeniably some truth to this, the USSR did not have the economy of the U.S. and wasn't exactly closing the gap. So the U.S. could fund its global interests and satellites whilst Russia was struggling to for understandable reasons. The fear-peddling against Russia however was never really officially ended in the U.S. nor did the old-school, Red-Menace mentality within the military leadership dissipate much, hence why Russia is treated with a general mistrust.

I'm not so sure about the Russian peoples bank accounts part however, as I'm fairly certain private bank accounts for the average person in the USSR were near non-existent.

Arrow Cross
07-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Of course. More internal instability and external conflict brings its end closer.

RoyBatty
07-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Would you support Georgia joining the European Union?

No fkn way.

- They're NOT European
- They're a Bananastan
- It's a problem country located in a problem region.

Keep them the hell out of Europe. They can go join a Turkish Union or something.

I do take the point about letting them join to collapse the EU though. :D
Personally I'd rather just that we all leave the EU as opposed to wishing for it to collapse through "blunt tools" such as Georgia.

poiuytrewq0987
07-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Well the USSR was certainly over-extended financially. Respectfully it was not about to compete with the domestic U.S. economically... The U.S. had not just had their nation and people internally ravaged such as Russia had in WW2, so it is very understandable that Russia had an unfair financial dilemma in running/maintaining it's empire in comparison to the U.S. which came out of WW2 largely unscathed in comparison to Russia.

The standard line Americans are taught and believe is that the USSR ran out of money competing with the U.S. militarily and economically. There is undeniably some truth to this, the USSR did not have the economy of the U.S. and wasn't exactly closing the gap. So the U.S. could fund its global interests and satellites whilst Russia was struggling to for understandable reasons. The fear-peddling against Russia however was never really officially ended in the U.S. nor did the old-school, Red-Menace mentality within the military leadership dissipate much, hence why Russia is treated with a general mistrust.

I'm not so sure about the Russian peoples bank accounts part however, as I'm fairly certain private bank accounts for the average person in the USSR were near non-existent.

No, the USSR collapsed because it chose political liberalization over economic liberalization.

Austin
07-18-2010, 01:26 AM
No, the USSR collapsed because it chose political liberalization over economic liberalization.

Well look the reality is that it wasn't about to compete on any serious financial level with the U.S.... The country basically had no actual functioning economic system after the USSR and even before the USSR was ended it wasn't in good shape economically/financially, to suggest otherwise is to be delusional. It was siphoning off it's occupied Eastern European territories resources and even then it was collapsing.

I understand this though, it is very understandable and not from an anti-Russia perspective, but from a reality-based one. Russia had to gut it's whole essence of being in respect to government and economic policy. Anyone who thought that adopting a foreign system of government and economics would be easy was naive and I understand this and accept it.

Russia did not have the social sectors and institutions needed to buffer such a change, nor did it have any governmental institutions to stop the criminal factions which engulfed much of the previously state-controlled enterprises.

I do think though that the way it is treated now is misguided, especially in regard to the sick, putrid, liberal-sycophant pawn which is Georgia. Russia has the same problems as the West does and in my opinion will need help dealing with them and hence should be allied with not kept at arms length and abused by little regional rapists such as Georgia.

Svipdag
07-18-2010, 01:54 AM
Sure, along with South Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, and Arkansas.

poiuytrewq0987
07-18-2010, 01:57 AM
Well look the reality is that it wasn't about to compete on any serious financial level with the U.S.... The country basically had no actual functioning economic system after the USSR and even before the USSR was ended it wasn't in good shape economically/financially, to suggest otherwise is to be delusional. It was siphoning off it's occupied Eastern European territories resources and even then it was collapsing.

I understand this though, it is very understandable and not from an anti-Russia perspective, but from a reality-based one. Russia had to gut it's whole essence of being in respect to government and economic policy. Anyone who thought that adopting a foreign system of government and economics would be easy was naive and I understand this and accept it.

Russia did not have the social sectors and institutions needed to buffer such a change, nor did it have any governmental institutions to stop the criminal factions which engulfed much of the previously state-controlled enterprises.

I do think though that the way it is treated now is misguided, especially in regard to the sick, putrid, liberal-sycophant pawn which is Georgia. Russia has the same problems as the West does and in my opinion will need help dealing with them and hence should be allied with not kept at arms length and abused by little regional rapists such as Georgia.

That's ridiculous. The GDP of the USSR was 2.5 trillion and with the USA at 5 trillion. The difference was not great. The problem with USSR was that it became destabilized eventually because it failed to enact economic liberalization policies that would have allowed its economy to recover and continue to improve.

Eldritch
07-18-2010, 02:04 AM
That's ridiculous. The GDP of the USSR was 2.5 trillion and with the USA at 5 trillion. The difference was not great. The problem with USSR was that it became destabilized eventually because it failed to enact economic liberalization policies that would have allowed its economy to recover and continue to improve.

Øøøøøh ... I dasesay that the difference between 2.5 and 5 trillion of almost anything is pretty great. And the USSR collapsed because Gorby tried to moderate their boozing. ;)

Who was again who said that any unstable system must either expand or collapse?

RoyBatty
07-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Saakashbaboon the tie-muncher :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SV2T3EOrO8w/Sjzuj_kpbTI/AAAAAAAAAeg/-gcR5jNHjtw/s400/mishuko.jpg

6IMg7fB-KMY

d3cimat3d
07-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Considering how you're a Turk

What are you babbling about idiot? I'm not a Turk, I'm 100% European from the former U.S.S.R.

yeah, I'd think they'd qualify as a "pure Caucasian country" to you but not to me though.

It's funny how you're typing about who qualifies as European & who doesn't when on a genetic plot Greeks like you end up clustering right next to Arabs & Turks.

d3cimat3d
07-28-2010, 09:39 AM

Is it really that bad?

d3cimat3d
07-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Actually according to the Caucasus watershed Georgia lies beyond the range so she should be considered as an Asian country , at least geographically speaking.
But that's not my main point in wantin' to keep 'em out , EU is already a mess , the more backwarded countries we let in the more ruined we get , to make it short.
Even if racially and culturally speaking I consider them as belonging to the Eurosphere.

Good point.

Tyrrhenoi
07-28-2010, 10:15 AM
I think candidate countries for the EU membership, should be white and christian. The inhabitants of that country must have a strong connection with the european culture (such as christian normes and values etc.).

The most inportant virtue, would be the topografical point in which the candidate country is positioned. And this must be on the European continent!

So yes.... Georgia can be a good candidate :D

http://www.worldweatherweb.com/images/continents_europa.gif

RoyBatty
07-28-2010, 10:48 AM

The standard line Americans are taught and believe is that the USSR ran out of money competing with the U.S. militarily and economically. There is undeniably some truth to this, the USSR did not have the economy of the U.S. and wasn't exactly closing the gap.

Agree

So the U.S. could fund its global interests and satellites whilst Russia was struggling to for understandable reasons.

The US "Capitalist Free Trade" economic model is very similar to the classic British / European Colonialist model which relied on capturing new markets and territories to expand (unequal) trade which was obviously biased in their favour and against the interests of the natives.

Hence the "profit" in said "Free Trade". Examples of this are numerous for example UFC (United Fruit Company) activities in South America, the stranglehold of the US military and oil companies on the Middle East with the resultant reinvestment (subsidising the US economy effectively) of Arab petrodollars into the US economy etc.

The USSR (and its Empire) on the other hand was not organised as an efficient profit making trade venture. Communism got in the way of profits, productivity, innovation, competition and efficiency. This wasn't always the case (for example the USSR could easily compete in the scientific sphere) but in industry, trade and economics they were woeful.

This in turn required enormous subsidies to keep their Empire afloat and in the end it became too expensive and pointless to prop up the system.

The US and Europe on the other hand could actually make money out of their respective Empires and Colonies. Officially colonies didn't exist anymore by this time but in reality Colonial Independence often meant installing a Chief who (after being sweetened with the requisite bribes) allowed Western business to continue as usual.

The fear-peddling against Russia however was never really officially ended in the U.S. nor did the old-school, Red-Menace mentality within the military leadership dissipate much, hence why Russia is treated with a general mistrust.

It never ended because Russia is considered by the Western Elites to be a competitor. Untermenschen who just cannot accept and understand that they are supposed to have been defeated by now to be ruled over and plundered by the West's elites. Hence the continued hostility.

Cases vary but let's just say that even in the USSR there were rich comrades and there were average or poor comrades. If you happened to be a factory boss, collective farm supervisor or similar then the world was your oyster as you had the ability and resources to engage in unofficial trading.

Tyrrhenoi
07-28-2010, 10:54 AM
What are you babbling about idiot? I'm not a Turk, I'm 100% European from the former U.S.S.R.
It's funny how you're typing about who qualifies as European & who doesn't when on a genetic plot Greeks like you end up clustering right next to Arabs & Turks.

Some people on this forum don't even consider Italians & Spaniards as Europeans, don't worry on these comments. If you are christian and have the european culture, then you are european!

d3cimat3d
07-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Some people on this forum don't even consider Italians & Spaniards as Europeans, don't worry on these comments. If you are christian and have the european culture, then you are european!

Italians & Spaniards are definitely European, but Greeks are just like Turks... there is only one difference, the Turks have a stronger economy :D

Wulfhere
07-28-2010, 11:18 AM
David "Call me Dave" Cameron has been sucking up to the Turks in a disgusting fashion, supporting their desire to join the EU and slagging off Israel at the same time. So much for his alleged tough controls on immigration. If Turkey can join then why not any other pathetic shithole like Georgia? Only on the understanding, of course, that this will destabilise the EU even more and lead to its destruction.

RoyBatty
07-28-2010, 11:41 AM
David "Call me Dave" Cameron has been sucking up to the Turks in a disgusting fashion, supporting their desire to join the EU and slagging off Israel at the same time. So much for his alleged tough controls on immigration. If Turkey can join then why not any other pathetic shithole like Georgia? Only on the understanding, of course, that this will destabilise the EU even more and lead to its destruction.

Yep, while we're at it we may as well throw Libya, Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco into the mix so they can be with their fellow Georgian and Turkish Europeans.

May as well hand Col Ghaddafi the EU Presidency for Life. He was born for such a job.

The sooner the EU and all the European Wannabee Parasites implode the better.

RoyBatty
07-28-2010, 01:25 PM
A typical "Georgian European" from Turkey:

http://richardmillett.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/erdogan.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=48549833727

Electronic God-Man
07-28-2010, 01:27 PM
I wouldn't support anyone joining the EU.

d3cimat3d
07-31-2010, 02:53 AM
Another good reason why I consider Georgians, and other people from the cock-asses to be European:

The strength of the Seljuq army is variously put, by the medieval Islamic, Georgian, Armenian and European sources from 200,000 to 605,000. King David’s army has traditionally been estimated at 40,000 Georgians, 15,000 Kipchaks, 500 Alans and 100 "Frankish" Crusaders - Decisive Georgian victory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_didgori

Georgians were the vangaurd of Asia, protecting Russia and the rest of Europe from the spread of Islam.

RoyBatty
07-31-2010, 08:08 AM
If "white" and "Christian" were the necessary attributes to qualify for being "European" then the dogeaters would be European too.

http://images.christianpost.com/a-Image/20070802/30272/south-korea-afghanistan-kidnappings.jpg

- Georgia is geographically NOT in Europe. It is NOT European.
- Georgian script doesn't remotely resemble any "European" script I'm familiar with.
- The language... god knows, frankly, who cares.
- The people.... Kavkaz mountain inhabitants, Turks, god knows what else. Next we'll be hearing that Iran, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Ossetians, Armenians, Abkhaz, Chechens, Lezgins and Ingushetians (amongst others) are all "Europeans" too.

Get this straight:

- Georgians are not "Europeans" (except in the imagination of certain Georgians).
- We don't want you in Europe.
- We don't want you in the EU.
- We don't want to be in the EU ourselves.
- You have nothing we want apart from an oil pipeline and if you screw with that we'll punish you.
- We are not interested in your regional disputes nor in subsiding your economy nor in taking in millions of Georgian parasites. Isn't Iran, Russia, Turkey etc enough for you people already??????

We're happy to remain on good terms with you if you're willing to reciprocate. Stay in your country, leave ours alone.

Tyrrhenoi
07-31-2010, 08:48 AM
If "white" and "Christian" were the necessary attributes to qualify for being "European" then the dogeaters would be European too.

- The 'dogeaters' are asian - I do not consider Georgians Asian, nor Turks!:)

Georgia is geographically NOT in Europe. It is NOT European.

- Wrong... Georgia is on the frontier of the European continent, if you had read my earlier comments (with maps) you would have known.

-Our Georgian friend is also right about the facts that early Georgia has defended Christianity from the Islam. Georgia is Christian since the 4th century!

- Culturaly they ARE European, Georgian culture was influenced by Classical Greece, the Roman Empire and the Byzantine Empire (before they became Turks), and later by the Russian Empire which contributed to the European elements of Georgian culture.

So.... they are a good candidate (better than the Turkey anyway)

d3cimat3d
07-31-2010, 08:53 AM
- Georgia is geographically NOT in Europe. It is NOT European.

Some maps of Europe include Georgia in it. What the official boundaries of Europe are is still uncertain but the Caucasus mountain range seems to be the dividing line.

- Georgian script doesn't remotely resemble any "European" script I'm familiar with.

Keep in mind that Indo-European languages developed not to far from the Caucasus, and even has some Caucasian loan words. ;)

- The people.... Kavkaz mountain inhabitants, Turks, god knows what else. Next we'll be hearing that Iran, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Ossetians, Armenians, Abkhaz, Chechens, Lezgins and Ingushetians (amongst others) are all "Europeans" too.

Don't even try to put Persians, Azeris and Turks in the same group as the people of the Caucasus.

- We don't want you in Europe.
- We don't want you in the EU.
- We don't want to be in the EU ourselves.
- You have nothing we want apart from an oil pipeline and if you screw with that we'll punish you.
- We are not interested in your regional disputes nor in subsiding your economy nor in taking in millions of Georgian parasites. Isn't Iran, Russia, Turkey etc enough for you people already??????

We're happy to remain on good terms with you if you're willing to reciprocate. Stay in your country, leave ours alone.

Why are you saying "you" like this is personally directed towards me?

- We are not interested in your regional disputes

:rolleyes: If Europe is not interested in the Caucasus, than why did Russia intervene during the Georgian Abkhazian/Ossetian conflicts?
Caucasian is a word used to describe the race of Europeans, and it's a word well suited because Caucasians are the original Europeans. R1b & other important haplogroups originated there.

d3cimat3d
07-31-2010, 08:57 AM
-Our Georgian friend is also right about the facts that early Georgia has defended Christianity from the Islam. Georgia is Christian since the 4th century!

I'm not Georgian, but I have a grandfather who was from the Caucasus, so I admire all people from there including Georgians.

Furlan
07-31-2010, 12:17 PM
NO: there are enough USA/NATO puppet states in the EU :mad:

Tyrrhenoi
07-31-2010, 01:01 PM
NO: there are enough USA/NATO puppet states in the EU :mad:

And Italy is the biggest of them all - my friulian friend :D

Furlan
07-31-2010, 03:48 PM
And Italy is the biggest of them all - my friulian friend :D

Sad but true :mad:

RoyBatty
07-31-2010, 06:02 PM
- The 'dogeaters' are asian - I do not consider Georgians Asian, nor Turks!:)

I don't care what you consider

- Wrong... Georgia is on the frontier of the European continent, if you had read my earlier comments (with maps) you would have known.

Again, your arbitrary definitions and beliefs are yours alone.

Who gives a toss what they may or may not have done. THEY'RE STILL NOT EUROPEAN. End of story!

- Culturaly they ARE European, Georgian culture was influenced by Classical Greece, the Roman Empire and the Byzantine Empire (before they became Turks), and later by the Russian Empire which contributed to the European elements of Georgian culture.

Christ man, going by that definition even China is probably European.

So.... they are a good candidate (better than the Turkey anyway)

Turks, Georgians, Niggers, A-rabs, whatever else.... are NOT Europeans. Bye bye. Stay away. Go pester somebody else for money and affection.

Famous Georgian

http://top-people.starmedia.com/tmp/swotti/cacheCMVJZXAGDGF5EWLWIGVYZG9NYW4=UGVVCGXLLVBLB3BSZ Q==/imgrecep%20tayyip%20erdogan1.jpg

BiałaZemsta
07-31-2010, 07:09 PM

What are you babbling about? Why are you defending Georgia? Why must you insult the Greeks? Since we're talking opinions here, Georgia is NOT European.

The Lawspeaker
07-31-2010, 07:09 PM
I wouldn't wish the EU on my worst enemy. Now that I think of it:.. fuck it.. let Turkey join after we have walked out ;)

BiałaZemsta
07-31-2010, 07:12 PM
I wouldn't wish the EU on my worst enemy. Now that I think of it:.. fuck it.. let Turkey join after we have walked out ;)

I agree. Adding more countries to the EU adds more opinions and disagreements. It will lead to a split, or a breakup. Let it happen...

d3cimat3d
08-01-2010, 07:27 AM
I don't care what you consider

& Likewise, we don't care what you have to say either because you clearly have no clue what you are saying.

THEY'RE STILL NOT EUROPEAN. End of story!

I can argue that Cornwall isn't European by your logic since Cornish people are some of the swarthiest in UK after the Welsh, they should trim their monobrows before considering themselves European. :rolleyes:

Christ man, going by that definition even China is probably European.

Some parts of China, like Xinjiang may even be more European than Cornwall, despite not being located in Europe at all.:p

Famous Georgian

http://top-people.starmedia.com/tmp/swotti/cacheCMVJZXAGDGF5EWLWIGVYZG9NYW4=UGVVCGXLLVBLB3BSZ Q==/imgrecep%20tayyip%20erdogan1.jpg

You have proven your stupidity. Erdogan is not Georgian, he just has some distant Georgian ancestry that he admited in 2004 . Face it, if he was Georgian his last name would end in -adze or -vili. He's not Georgian. Put the British tabloids down.

Why are you defending Georgia? Why must you insult the Greeks?

From a racial perspective, Georgians are 10x times more European than Greeks are, whom look like Arabs. Not to mention that Greece's economy is comparable to Nigeria.

"Caucasian variety - I have taken the name of this variety from Mount Caucasus, both because its neighborhood, and especially its southern slope, produces the most beautiful race of men, I mean the Georgian; and because all physiological reasons converge to this, that in that region, if anywhere, it seems we ought with the greatest probability to place the birth place of mankind."
-Johann Friedrich Blumenbach

Ctwentysevenj
02-16-2015, 06:44 AM
I voted no as I believe they are not really culturally European.

Musso
02-16-2015, 06:57 AM
This is a five year thread.

Ctwentysevenj
02-16-2015, 07:19 AM
This is a five year thread.

Sometimes it is good to bring out a thread from archives.

bonjorno
02-16-2015, 10:31 AM
I went to the Georgia and was pleasantly surprised. Nobody did not try to scam us. Centrum of Tbilisi was developed well. Border guards were nice. I felt like I am in Turkey, but no body is trying to scam me. We also went to the Batumi and once we crossed the Turkish border, then scamming started right away example; taxis asking triple price or peanuts and few beers costing $200 at the club.

So I would support them. Definitely rather than Turkey and also I would like to kick Bulgaria and Romania out and take Georgia and Ukraine.

Musso
02-16-2015, 10:35 AM
I went to the Georgia and was pleasantly surprised. Nobody did not try to scam us. Centrum of Tbilisi was developed well. Border guards were nice. I felt like I am in Turkey, but no body is trying to scam me. We also went to the Batumi and once we crossed the Turkish border, then scamming started right away example; taxis asking triple price or peanuts and few beers costing $200 at the club.

So I would support them. Definitely rather than Turkey and also I would like to kick Bulgaria and Romania out and take Georgia and Ukraine.

Sorry but WHAT? You would support Ukraine entering EU???