PDA

View Full Version : Chinese dog-eating festival outrages foreigners

Loki
06-07-2015, 01:36 AM
Chinese dog-eating festival outrages foreigners (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-32965554)

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/media/images/83358000/png/_83358482_dogmeat.png
Animal welfare campaigners have criticised the killing and eating of thousands of dogs at the annual Yulin festival

Outrage on social media over an annual dog-eating festival in China has been growing every year - and this year it's trended across the world. Will the anger eventually end the practice of eating dog meat in China?

Each year during summer solstice, it's thought that 10,000 dogs are cooked and eaten in Yulin, in Guangxi province in southern China, as part of the city's yearly dog meat festival.

Although it's not illegal to eat dog meat in China, opinion is divided on how deep the "tradition" really runs. On Chinese social media in recent years, the Yulin Festival has become a focus for the large numbers of animal lovers - mostly within China - who are against it.

But this year, the reaction has gone global. Since May, almost a quarter of a million tweets have been posted using the hashtag #StopYulin2015, with most of the activity coming from the UK, the US and Australia. One of the loudest voices has been the US animal welfare group Duo Duo, whose change.org petition calling for the cancellation of the event has received more than 200,000 signatures. The group's campaign video on YouTube has been viewed more than 130,000 times.

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/media/images/83358000/png/_83358827_changedotorgyulin.png

"I went to a slaughter house in Yulin a few days ago. The dogs and cats were wearing collars and of different sizes and breeds. They were very friendly," says Duo Duo founder Andrea Gung. "Dogs are man's best friend. To kill more than 10,000 of them in one day is wrong," she says. Activists have also raised health concerns - although the meat is traditionally seen as having health benefits, campaigners claim the dogs transported into Yulin come from the black market and could be diseased. "The consumer thinks they're safe to eat but they're not," says Gung.

Duo Duo has intentionally targeted a Western audience with its social media campaign, rather than campaigning within China, as it says it doesn't want to interfere with the activities of local activists. "The main thing we have done is made people in Yulin realise that their tradition is something from the past, that is perceived negatively from the outside world," says Gung.

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/media/images/83358000/png/_83358490_ifengdogpic.png
Dog lovers have been sharing images on Chinese social media

The conversation about Yulin has been mostly negative on western social media, but the chatter has been more mixed on the Chinese network Weibo. A page dedicated to discussing "Yulin Dog Day" has generated almost 350,000 comments. Many Weibo users expressed concern at the idea of eating dogs and shared loving images of their pets. But others accused animal welfare activists of hypocrisy and said local values in Guangxi Province should be respected.

So just how widespread is the eating of dog meat in China? "Although meat eating has increased in China over the past 30 years as the country becomes more affluent, dog meat is really not widely available," says Sam Geall, executive editor of the China Dialogue environmental blog. "In the 15 years that I have been travelling to China I have never once been offered dog meat."

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/media/images/83358000/png/_83358842_tweetsonyulin.png

Some have even claimed that the Yulin Dog Festival and similar events are in fact designed to draw in international tourists. "It's common that local tourist administrators will capitalise on elements of their past to attract revenue and tourism," Geall says.

But with increasing numbers of middle-class Chinese owning pets, criticism of the practice within China is growing fast. "The perception of dog-meat eating has changed because of social media," says Geall. "Over the past five years there has been a growth in the number of domestic animal welfare groups using Chinese social media to campaign against the consumption of dog meat."

Loki
06-07-2015, 01:39 AM
From a strictly rational perspective ... what is the difference between eating dogs and cattle? Both are animals with meat that can be consumed. Sure, dogs are loved as pets by the West. But I think it's a tad hypocritical to criticize the Chinese habit of eating dogs, which is an old part of their culture and tradition.

Opinions? I'd add a poll :)

Dandelion
06-07-2015, 01:41 AM
Foreigners should stick their nose where it belongs or become vegetarian.

TrueNordicism
06-07-2015, 01:46 AM
Dogs are inferior to cats, so I really don't care.

Hong Key
06-07-2015, 02:03 AM
We are not the same. One size does not fit all. The Chinese can do as they wish in China but they would be hanging from a tree if they were my neighbor.

http://www.punjabigraphics.com/images/1/hanging-skeleton.gif

zhaoyun
06-07-2015, 02:14 AM
This only exists in small pockets of Southern China and amongst the Korean minority of the Northeast. The vast majority of Chinese do not eat dogs, and dog meat is not a common thing throughout China, in addition it is dying out as a tradition even in the areas where there are people who eat it.

Armenian Bishop
06-07-2015, 02:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR6d67O6478

Korean florist and bookie suspected of serving Korean dog meat cuisine, in "Curb Your Enthusiasm" with Larry David, the creator of "Seinfeld." * Video link must be watched at YouTube.

Infinite
06-07-2015, 02:27 AM
Its sick

Mortimer
06-07-2015, 02:32 AM
I love dogs and i think its immoral to eat dogs but its even more immoral to hate other humans for their ancestry/racism because humans are more important then animals, which is not quiete clear to (mostly) western white foreigners, once a austrian lady told me a dog is her child, and that she would rather save a dog then a baby, a dog is still a animal, to whites dogs are more important then humans, they made fun of ebola and didnt helped the blacks, but now they outraged about eating animals eventhough their slaughterhouses for pigs (pigs are smart animals) are cruel too

SupaThug
06-07-2015, 02:39 AM
Eating dogs is not immoral.And if you think so,stop eating beef,pork...so ''immoral'' as eating dogs.(Dog owner and metarian here)

Hong Key
06-07-2015, 02:59 AM
I love dogs and i think its immoral to eat dogs but its even more immoral to hate other humans for their ancestry/racism because humans are more important then animals, which is not quiete clear to (mostly) western white foreigners, once a austrian lady told me a dog is her child, and that she would rather save a dog then a baby, a dog is still a animal, to whites dogs are more important then humans, they made fun of ebola and didnt helped the blacks, but now they outraged about eating animals eventhough their slaughterhouses for pigs (pigs are smart animals) are cruel too

There are twin sister Sarah and Natalie. Both to there astonishment they find each other in the ER. Sarah saw a stray dog on the highway and she pulled over to help it. The dog bit her viciously but she was determined to save the doggy. The dog finally ran away and Sarah ended up in the ER and crying over the lost dog but unconcerned with her situation. Natalie was walking downtown and a stranger approached her. He was a sad looking afrocan who said he really needed her help. She got gang raped and ended up in the ER where to her surprise she saw her sister. One with mangled hands and the other with a bloody vagina.

Your anti-White flag is flying high again but your not completely off your rocker. We didn't want the Blacks with Ebola coming into our nations and spreading it to us. That is common sense, not racist u poophead. There were plenty of Whites who said bring all the Ebola infected in and there are many examples where Whites put there lives at risks for animals and that includes non-White humans (think Sweden). We have a hard time differentiating between animals and darkies and we have an uncontrollably desire to protect and care for them even to our own demise also regardless if they want us to or not.

Mortimer
06-07-2015, 03:22 AM
There are twin sister Sarah and Natalie. Both to there astonishment they find each other in the ER. Sarah saw a stray dog on the highway and she pulled over to help it. The dog bit her viciously but she was determined to save the doggy. The dog finally ran away and Sarah ended up in the ER and crying over the lost dog but unconcerned with her situation. Natalie was walking downtown and a stranger approached her. He was a sad looking afrocan who said he really needed her help. She got gang raped and ended up in the ER where to her surprise she saw her sister. One with a mangled hands and the other with a bloody vagina.

Your anti-White flag is flying high again but your not completely off your rocker. We didn't want the Blacks with Ebola coming into our nations and spreading it to us. That is common sense, not racist u poophead. There were plenty of Whites who said bring all the Ebola infected in and there are many examples where Whites put there lives at risks for animals and that includes non-White humans (think Sweden). We have a hard time differentiating between animals and darkies and we have an uncontrollably desire to protect and care for them even to our own demise also regardless if they want us to or not.

you call me anti-white but you say "darkies are not humans" i shit on you mr.whitey and your "anti-white" im glad that im anti-whtie because you are white

Mortimer
06-07-2015, 03:24 AM
also i could tell similar or equivavelent stories and maybe i should put dogs before whites too (as its hard to differentiate, dogs are best friends of humans though which should give them a bonus)

Profileid
06-07-2015, 03:26 AM
From a strictly rational perspective ... what is the difference between eating dogs and cattle? Both are animals with meat that can be consumed. Sure, dogs are loved as pets by the West. But I think it's a tad hypocritical to criticize the Chinese habit of eating dogs, which is an old part of their culture and tradition.

Opinions? I'd add a poll :)

Yeah.You don't see Indians being like STOP EATING COWS

Mortimer
06-07-2015, 03:28 AM
Yeah.You don't see Indians being like STOP EATING COWS

actually some do, they have vegeterian organisations which preach against eating animals, like 70% of indians are vegeterians, the most number of vegeterians in a country in the world. but they are not really outraged but they do it more peacefully, like spreading their mission like christian missionaries

Profileid
06-07-2015, 03:29 AM
There are twin sister Sarah and Natalie. Both to there astonishment they find each other in the ER. Sarah saw a stray dog on the highway and she pulled over to help it. The dog bit her viciously but she was determined to save the doggy. The dog finally ran away and Sarah ended up in the ER and crying over the lost dog but unconcerned with her situation. Natalie was walking downtown and a stranger approached her. He was a sad looking afrocan who said he really needed her help. She got gang raped and ended up in the ER where to her surprise she saw her sister. One with a mangled hands and the other with a bloody vagina.

How dare you call yourself a Christian?

Anthony PV
06-07-2015, 03:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQeyjgSUlrk

Meh, the Chinese should imitate the Africans of this vid: instead of eating the random stray dog to save themselves from starvation, they should wet their frying pans, go find the nearest swarm of flies they could find, perform all kinds of arm swings in the air and make hamburger patties out of the flies they catch... :p Apparently, flies are seven times richer in protein than dog meat... :p

SupaThug
06-07-2015, 03:36 AM

Meh, the Chinese should imitate the Africans of this vid: instead of eating the random stray dog to save themselves from starvation, they should wet their frying pans, go find the nearest swarm of flies they could find, perform all kinds of arm swings in the air and make hamburger patties out of the flies they catch... :p Apparently, flies are seven times richer in protein than dog meat... :p

I want to taste it.

Goujian
06-07-2015, 03:42 AM
This only exists in small pockets of Southern China and amongst the Korean minority of the Northeast. The vast majority of Chinese do not eat dogs, and dog meat is not a common thing throughout China, in addition it is dying out as a tradition even in the areas where there are people who eat it.

From what I know, eating dogs was more common because poor people did not have adequate access to meat. In the old days, any animal product was valuable, including animal fat. So that's why people ate dog because most peasants couldn't afford meat. As people become more affluent, it will disappear in the future.

Sadly, ethnic Koreans are stereotyped as 'dog-eaters' in China because of the prevalence of dog meat cuisine amongst them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnKSzAaaUes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTqUGTBgUWU

Profileid
06-07-2015, 03:43 AM
actually some do, they have vegeterian organisations which preach against eating animals, like 70% of indians are vegeterians, the most number of vegeterians in a country in the world. but they are not really outraged but they do it more peacefully, like spreading their mission like christian missionaries

I think it's all dumb.As long as you humanely kill the animal,whatevs.

Mortimer
06-07-2015, 03:55 AM
I think it's all dumb.As long as you humanely kill the animal,whatevs.

i agree im not a vegetarian

Shah-Jehan
06-07-2015, 04:20 AM

Not even 10% of Indians are vegetarians :lol:
Gujarat for e.g. is the only wholly vegetarian majority state in India.

Hong Key
06-07-2015, 04:42 AM
you call me anti-white but you say "darkies are not humans" i shit on you mr.whitey and your "anti-white" im glad that im anti-whtie because you are white

Thank you for admitting it. Something we knew all along.

Originally Posted by Hong Key non-White humans

I said some Whites have a:

We have a hard time differentiating between animals and darkies

I never said it was good or bad just the way it is. I also said it gets Us and others in trouble (think forced democracy by drone strikes in the middle East). poophead

EDIT: I did say for the most part it is a bad thing for everyone involved.

Hong Key
06-07-2015, 04:50 AM
How dare you call yourself a Christian?

explain?

Reread his post and then my response if you dare, I double DOG dare you. I was condemning him for his anti-White rant (he is the King and the Kong of anti-Whites) but also somewhat agreeing with him, as usual he tells partial truths, dodo head.

Mortimer
06-07-2015, 04:52 AM
explain?

Reread his post and then my response if you dare, I double dog dare you. I was condemning him for his anti-White rant (he is the King and the Kong of anti-Whites) but also somewhat agreeing with him, as usual he tells partial truths, dodo head.

im not anti-white, you cant generalise all whites some think like me, but some whites are weird (maybe non-whites too but i noticed it more with whites) they they treat animals like humans or better then humans like this lady who told me a dog is like a baby and the she would rather save a dog then a baby, maybe a non-white thinks the same as her though.

Smitty
06-07-2015, 05:14 AM

No wonder Europe is being flooded by illegal African immigrants. That was a truly disgusting video.

SupaThug
06-07-2015, 05:16 AM
No wonder Europe is being flooded by illegal African immigrants. That was a truly disgusting video.

Nothing disgusting about this video.In fact,they are not eating mosquitoes,but mayflies,wich is rich in protein.

Smitty
06-07-2015, 05:25 AM
Nothing disgusting about this video.In fact,they are not eating mosquitoes,but mayflies,wich is rich in protein.

Well, this is obviously a matter of opinion. I thought it was disgusting, although mayflies aren't quite as bad. I'll stick to those McDonald's burgers we Americans eat day in and day out.

SupaThug
06-07-2015, 05:28 AM
Well, this is obviously a matter of opinion. I thought it was disgusting, although mayflies aren't quite as bad. I'll stick to those McDonald's burgers we Americans eat day in and day out.

I'd like to try those mayflies burgers :D

Smitty
06-07-2015, 05:29 AM
I'd like to try those mayflies burgers :D

Are you serious, though? I would have to be dying of starvation to try that crap patty. :)

SupaThug
06-07-2015, 05:32 AM
Are you serious, though? I would have to be dying of starvation to try that crap patty. :)

I am deadly serious,I have always been very open to this kindof exotic stuff.

Smitty
06-07-2015, 05:34 AM
I am deadly serious,I have always been very open to this kindof exotic stuff.

More power to you. I have a sister who is much the same.

Annie999
06-07-2015, 06:01 AM
Dogs, cows, pork, chicken, etc, they're all the same. What's "moral" or not depends on the culture. The thought of eating a dog for me is sickening, just the same it is sickening for an Indian to eat a cow.

Ctwentysevenj
06-07-2015, 06:24 AM
Eating dog is wrong!

♥ Lily ♥
06-07-2015, 06:33 AM
I can't relate to Chinese culture, it's an alien culture to me in the sense that it's so different to western culture. The thought of eating a dog makes me feel sick and I don't think it's natural for humans to do so. It's cruel and a dog is man's best friend. A dog is a different type of animal from cattle and fish.... there's a close friendship between humans and intelligent, loving and loyal dogs and cats.

Ctwentysevenj
06-07-2015, 06:39 AM
My sister's dog. How could you eat this little fellow below?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkHWuhACIAAnmVe.jpg

Loki
06-07-2015, 07:01 AM
My sister's dog. How could you eat this little fellow below?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkHWuhACIAAnmVe.jpg

Slow-roasted with lots of ketchup? :yumyum:

zhaoyun
06-07-2015, 07:12 AM
I can't relate to Chinese culture, it's an alien culture to me in the sense that it's so different to western culture. The thought of eating a dog makes me feel sick and I don't think it's natural for humans to do so. It's cruel and a dog is man's best friend. A dog is a different type of animal from cattle and fish.... there's a close friendship between humans and intelligent, loving and loyal dogs and cats.

I'll say this for the FUCKING LAST TIME.

THE VAST VAST MAJORITY OF CHINESE PEOPLE DO NOT EAT DOGS (99% and up). There are Appalachians who eat Raccoons and Opposums, and French people who eat horses, is it fucking right for me to say that ALL EUROS EAT RACCOONS AND HORSES?

FUCKING SHIT, That stereotype is illogical and stupid as fuck.

Aviator
06-07-2015, 07:13 AM
Comparing animals domesticated to be a food source to animals domesticated to be companions is stretching it.

You sick fucks.

Petalpusher
06-07-2015, 07:17 AM
Slow-roasted with lots of ketchup? :yumyum:

Better be not too hungry with this one.

Charles Bronson
06-07-2015, 07:23 AM

THE VAST VAST MAJORITY OF CHINESE PEOPLE DO NOT EAT DOGS (99% and up). There are Appalachians who eat Raccoons and Opposums, and French people who eat horses, is it fucking right for me to say that ALL EUROS EAT RACCOONS AND HORSES?

♥ Lily ♥
06-07-2015, 07:26 AM

Oops. http://i.picasion.com/resize80/cc9c7a77d446c857d015ccf53a1ea5fa.jpg Pardon my ignorance in assuming this is reflective of the entire Chinese culture. It's true that not all Europeans eat horses, snails and frogs legs. I'm sorry for making a generalisation and thanks for informing me that only 1% of China does this. I apologise.

Antimage
06-07-2015, 07:27 AM

explain how eating dog is worse than other animals

♥ Lily ♥
06-07-2015, 07:36 AM
explain how eating dog is worse than other animals

A dog is loving, intelligent, loyal, and mans best friend. They have a close emotional bond with humans.

Antimage
06-07-2015, 07:43 AM
A dog is loving, intelligent, loyal, and mans best friend. They have a close emotional bond to humans.

fair enuf.

to me eating isn't necessarily worse than eating other animals. not that i eat dogs

Annie999
06-07-2015, 07:52 AM
The ones that say domesticated animals are intelligent while farm animals are only food source never had any real interaction with them.

I was raised in a farm with cows, sheep, pigs and horses, and every single time we had to take care of a baby animal when their mothers died at birth or abbanoned them, they would become completly domesticated.

Get a cow/sheep/pig/horse and pay them attention, take care of them like you would with a dog or a cat and they will respond with loyalty, affection and intelligence to the point they match any regular domestic pet.

All animals are worth the same, just because you don't give most of them the chance to proove how awesome they are doesn't mean theyre not.

zhaoyun
06-07-2015, 07:54 AM
Oops. http://i.picasion.com/resize80/cc9c7a77d446c857d015ccf53a1ea5fa.jpg Pardon my ignorance in assuming this is reflective of the entire Chinese culture. It's true that not all Europeans eat horses, snails and frogs legs. I'm sorry for making a generalisation and thanks for informing me that only 1% of China does this. I apologise.

Most people outside China don't realize how huge China is. It's an empire, not just a country, there are many numerous subcultures. Imagine if ALL of Europe was one country and all the different European cultures existing within ONE COUNTRY. That's China. So yes, there are a few regions that eat strange animals like the Cantonese (even then the vast majority of them do not eat dogs or cats or weird animals, but a small subculture there does), but the majority of other regions do not have such customs.

Kamal900
06-07-2015, 08:10 AM
Most people outside China don't realize how huge China is. It's an empire, not just a country, there are many numerous subcultures. Imagine if ALL of Europe was one country and all the different European cultures existing within ONE COUNTRY. That's China. So yes, there are a few regions that eat strange animals like the Cantonese (even then the vast majority of them do not eat dogs or cats or weird animals, but a small subculture there does), but the majority of other regions do not have such customs.

There are 700 million peoples living in Europe while there are 1.4 billion ethnic Chinese living in the world today, lol, but yes, they make up a continent all by themselves.

Aviator
06-07-2015, 08:19 AM
The ones that say domesticated animals are intelligent while farm animals are only food source never had any real interaction with them.

I was raised in a farm with cows, sheep, pigs and horses, and every single time we had to take care of a baby animal when their mothers died at birth or abbanoned them, they would become completly domesticated.

Get a cow/sheep/pig/horse and pay them attention, take care of them like you would with a dog or a cat and they will respond with loyalty, affection and intelligence to the point they match any regular domestic pet.

All animals are worth the same, just because you don't give most of them chance to proove how awesome they are doesn't mean theyre not.

Cows are actually quite intelligent. But the reason man bred them is quite different from the reason man bred canines.

Different animal = different situation = different and unfair treatment

Charles Bronson
06-07-2015, 08:47 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYNUOkqzcVA

Loki
06-07-2015, 09:15 AM
I think where I would draw the line would be other primates, like monkeys, chimps, etc. They're close family, it would be like cannibalism almost.

Stimpy
06-07-2015, 10:02 AM
Dog meat isn't very healthy and apparently not very tender nor tasty neither according to many that have tasted it. Carnivorous animals in general aren't. It's also not very effective, cost worthy, etc. to raise dogs solely for meat compared to other domesticated animals.

That being said I don't see how eating dogs and breeding them for food would be any more immoral than eating f.ex. a pig as they're of similar intelligence. IF they're brought up and slaughtered in a way that's as respectful and involves as little suffering as possible, that is.

Dandelion
06-07-2015, 04:01 PM

Koreans probably eat more dogs. The insult 'dog-eating Korean' comes to mind.

In my culture they eat (usually smoked) horse btw, but I would assume that - being an Anglo - Sweet Lullaby would probably frown upon our habit.

Iloko
06-07-2015, 04:03 PM
My dad has eaten dog before.

Dandelion
06-07-2015, 04:06 PM
I have read that dog meat tastes like carbonnade (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonade_flamande), but a lot drier.

Gaston
06-07-2015, 04:19 PM
I think where I would draw the line would be other primates, like monkeys, chimps, etc. They're close family, it would be like cannibalism almost.

Not to mention higher risks for disease infection due to genetic proximity.

But dogs are the only animals that seek real interactions and human eye contact, and the only ones that actually understand us (at a basic but primal level). All other animals don't give a fuck about us (cats included). That's I think a crucial point because eating a dog is basically eating the only "family" humans have in the animal kingdom.

So no, dogs aren't like pigs or cattle.

Damiăo de Góis
06-07-2015, 04:23 PM
I would be very upset if i found out about a chinese movement for me to stop eating sardines, because they were god's creatures too.

Profileid
06-07-2015, 04:59 PM
dodo head.

let's keep this civil

Charles Bronson
06-08-2015, 09:15 AM
this is really sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FjVsApOm44

EL_BARBARO
06-08-2015, 10:29 AM
I think the answer to this question about the morality or immorality of eating dogs is so easy that it is in front of our eyes and it can't be seen.

Immoral or moral?

Analysing the word "moral", it is easy to find out that it comes from latin "mores", which means "custom".

So the fact of eating dogs -except in cases of surviving due to a famine, e.g.- will be moral or immoral (according to the custom or against the custom) depending on the place or ethnic group where or by this fact is done.

If the dog were eaten in Europe by europeans, the fact would be immoral (against the usual custom), but in some areas have be eaten even nowadays (in some places of France and Switzerland, I think).

The same case in that chinese area or in Korea, the fact would be morally accepted (it is a custom).

In my area that custom (mores) wouldn't be accepted or understood. Why? This could be explained perhaps because dogs were traditionally one of the best friends -in some cases, partners- of the man in this part of the world. It would happen the same with horses.

Lurker
06-08-2015, 01:28 PM

You forgot the snails. Some French eat snails, therefore all Europeans do :P. And snails are 1000 x more gross to me than eating dog. Dogs can be your companions or your enemies, but snails are only a disgusting thing in the yard. Yuck.

Lurker
06-08-2015, 01:30 PM

All animals are worth the same, just because you don't give most of them the chance to proove how awesome they are doesn't mean theyre not.

I've met some people who had pet pigs. They were quite loyal and the owners seemed happy with them. I wonder if they ate pork at home or at a restaurant.

Lurker
06-08-2015, 01:33 PM

I don't know why, but I also wouldn't eat animals I think ate way too smart, like dolphins, whales and elephants. But I'd eat an octopus, and he's as smart as any of them. I guess I draw the line of "too inteligent to eat" at mammals only.

Charles Bronson
06-22-2015, 05:49 PM
i was today by a chinese restaurant and see a german woman with her dog outsite the restaurant and i was afraid when the german goes to the toilette i thought the chinese man kidnapped the dog and make a delicous meal for she. no offence.:cool:

http://i62.tinypic.com/33e4n4g.png

:chin:

Linebacker
06-22-2015, 05:56 PM
The dog has always been mans best friend since before people can even remember.As far as I know it is immoral to eat your good friend,so in that way it is just as immoral to eat a dog.

Asians do not fame with strong physicality,that is maybe nature's curse for this atrocity.

Morena
08-10-2015, 12:27 AM
Eating dogs is not immoral, but I wouldn't engage in it as a matter of preference.

Willem
08-10-2015, 12:30 AM
Eating anything other than ungulates, fish, or birds (chicken primarily) is disgusting.

Carnivores should not be consumed by humans. It is unnatural.

Annunaki
08-10-2015, 04:21 AM
In reality it's just a cultural perspective. Dogs are not any more worthy than a cow, a pig, a bird or whatever else is. Sure, they've been domesticated for a long while but the same applies to the other animals. It's just western hypocrisy.

rhiannon
08-10-2015, 08:50 AM
Why do only dogs get the attention in this festival? As many Cats are killed and eaten too, and are every bit as worthy of mention. :(

Nurzat
08-10-2015, 08:53 AM
Is it wrong/immoral to eat dogs?

it is not more wrong than eating any type of meat. anyway, I would not eat dog, I find it gross. but I also find it wrong to militate against dog meat eaters, as long as all Western society relies heavily on killing animals and eating them, billions

ilias
08-10-2015, 09:53 AM
What makes it right to eat cow/pig but not dog/cat? if u think about it theres really no difference.

Lithium
08-10-2015, 10:08 AM
People killing animals for food is disgusting, no matter the exact species. It does not matter if you kill a chick or a dog.