PDA

View Full Version : Serbocroatian

poiuytrewq0987
07-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Should the language be renamed Yugoslav, to promote the language to be the single, unified language for the Yugoslavs in a way German and Italian have become for their respective countries?

Tingl Tangl
07-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Illyrian is the best term.

Piparskeggr
07-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Let's see, as a provincial, isolated American :p

I am aware that Serbs and Croats are two distinct peoples...Yugoslavian???

Sounds like mish-moshing Canadian-English and Canadian-French and calling the resulting Frenglish, Canadian.

Nay!

Eldritch
07-17-2010, 09:49 PM
It should be renamed Serbokorean in honour of another divided people.

Germanicus
07-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Whatever is decided there will be another civil war and ethnic cleansing, and Nato will bomb the shit out of you both again?...:)

Absinthe
07-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Yugoslavia is no more, get over it.

poiuytrewq0987
07-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Yugoslavia is no more, get over it.

The nation may not be here anymore but the people (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yugoslavs)is still here.

Absinthe
07-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Dear, don't take this the wrong way, I don't mean to be offensive: it's like talking about the possibilities of a Soviet reunion.
This is totally unrealistic and you need to get over it. I mean, if you're seriously interested in your region's politics and geopolitics you ought to be realistic and looking towards the future because the past ain't coming back.

poiuytrewq0987
07-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Dear, don't take this the wrong way, I don't mean to be offensive: it's like talking about the possibilities of a Soviet reunion.
This is totally unrealistic and you need to get over it. I mean, if you're seriously interested in your region's politics and geopolitics you ought to be realistic and looking towards the future because the past ain't coming back.

It's definitely not unrealistic. Have you ever talked with the people here? In the other ex-republics? They all long for a new Yugoslavia that unifies the South Slavs.

Absinthe
07-18-2010, 11:29 AM
It's definitely not unrealistic. Have you ever talked with the people here? In the other ex-republics? They all long for a new Yugoslavia that unifies the South Slavs.
The people may long for it but it's totally irrelevant.
It's never gonna happen for political reasons. The U.S.A. and the EU will never allow a unified Balkan region - they want small nations that are easy to handle.

poiuytrewq0987
07-18-2010, 11:31 AM
It's never gonna happen for political reasons. The U.S.A. and the EU will never allow a unified Balkan region - they want small nations that are easy to handle.

Whether they want it to happen or not does not concern me one bit.

Absinthe
07-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Whether they want it to happen or not does not concern me one bit.
LOL, right. You still believe in national sovereignty, and that the people of a nation can determine their own fate? You live in a dream world, unfortunately. :)

poiuytrewq0987
07-18-2010, 11:35 AM
LOL, right. You still believe in national sovereignty, and that the people of a nation can determine their own fate? You live in a dream world, unfortunately. :)

Last time I checked, it was upon hundreds of thousands who decided the fate of Yugoslavia in 1944 and we will do so again once the people are up for it. The select elite's power is of thin air. The real power lies within the people who have the power to decide their own destiny and the destiny of the select elite.

Absinthe
07-18-2010, 11:43 AM
You think that the global financial and geopolitical conditions are the same as in 1944?

Aramis
07-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Why a new Yugoslavia when you have the EU?!

poiuytrewq0987
07-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Why a new Yugoslavia when you have the EU?!

Yugoslavia is not the EU.

Tingl Tangl
07-18-2010, 08:56 PM
A new Mongolian federation? What for? It's better this way.

poiuytrewq0987
07-18-2010, 09:09 PM

Why don't you FUCK OFF? I've grown tired of your trolling. Don't you have nothing better to do other than antagonizing members?

Tingl Tangl
07-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Why don't you FUCK OFF? I've grown tired of your trolling. Don't you have nothing better to do other than antagonizing members?

You fuck off, Mongol, and go back to the Desert of Gobi.

poiuytrewq0987
07-18-2010, 09:12 PM
You fuck off, Mongol, and go back to the Desert of Gobi.

Why do you troll? Do you enjoy pissing off members?

Guapo
07-18-2010, 09:29 PM

That's actually true, makes no sense with all the wars, but the JewSA and the EWW! won't allow it ever.

Guapo
07-18-2010, 09:30 PM

This isn't about Austria-Hungary.

Hussar
07-18-2010, 10:02 PM
This is totally unrealistic and you need to get over it.

Sounds like greeks are afraid of a unified south-slavic country near them ? ;)

Tingl Tangl
07-18-2010, 10:04 PM
Sounds like greeks are afraid of a unified south-slavic country near them ? ;)

Who in their sane mind wouldn't shun Mongol hordes at their doorsteps?

Hussar
07-18-2010, 10:06 PM

Of course. THIS is the problem, dear Absinthe. Washington wants small nations that are easy to CONTROL and manipulate.

....but who says europeans should satisfy american wishes ?

Tingl Tangl
07-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Of course. THIS is the problem, dear Absinthe. Washington wants small nations that are easy to CONTROL and manipulate.

....but who says europeans should satisfy american wishes ?

Europeans? What's that? Does something like that exist in the first place?