PDA

View Full Version : DNA Test Question

BiałaZemsta
07-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Is it possible for me to take a DNA test that would reveal the nationality/ethnicity of my father's ancestors? I have heard that there are tests out there but they only tell whether or not someone is Caucasian, Asian, etc. How accurate are DNA tests? Is it even possible to determine what ethnicity someone is? Thanks..

thundercreek
08-05-2010, 01:54 AM
There are a lot of DNA tests out there and a lot of them are complete scams, but if your looking for a good one it costs a lot of money!

Ive never taken one though

https://www.23andme.com/ancestry/

Guapo
08-05-2010, 03:13 AM
A waste of money. I turned out to be 100% European, like no shit :rolleyes: My little son down there ain't but I still love the squirt.

BiałaZemsta
09-04-2010, 03:19 PM
I took the test from DNA Tribes. I want to say it was a waste of money. Through Autosomal DNA analysis, it predicted that I am Greek, or Italian. This concerns me because maybe it is right. I thought I was Polish. My Grandparents immigrated from Poland, and I even look Polish. On top of that, I am Baltid-Nordid. I don't know what to think.

Ibericus
09-04-2010, 03:42 PM
I took the test from DNA Tribes. I want to say it was a waste of money. Through Autosomal DNA analysis, it predicted that I am Greek, or Italian. This concerns me because maybe it is right. I thought I was Polish. My Grandparents immigrated from Poland, and I even look Polish. On top of that, I am Baltid-Nordid. I don't know what to think.
yes, DNA Tribes is pure crap, and very unscientific almost amateurish

BiałaZemsta
09-04-2010, 03:45 PM
yes, DNA Tribes is pure crap, and very unscientific almost amateurish

I agree. Have you had any experience with them?

poiuytrewq0987
09-04-2010, 03:48 PM

You get what you pay for.

San Galgano
09-04-2010, 03:49 PM
It concerns me too. How can roman and ancient greeks descendants be confused as polish?
:D

Pallantides
09-04-2010, 05:06 PM
DNAtribes is truly a waste of money... I did DNAtribes before I did 23andMe and the results were absurd(Canary Islands wtf?)

My DNATribes result was pretty much the complete opposite of my results at 23andMe, DeCODEme and also the analysis of my raw data done by Doug McDonald and Davide.

BiałaZemsta
09-04-2010, 05:14 PM
23andme is deffinately my next step. Will they interpret my results for me or will I have to?

poiuytrewq0987
09-04-2010, 05:28 PM
23andme is deffinately my next step. Will they interpret my results for me or will I have to?

The information laid out is clear enough for you to interpret it yourself.