PDA

View Full Version : Report: jogging is as important to Swedish women as sex and family

Eldritch
07-18-2010, 09:53 PM
http://www.thelocal.se/articleImages/27758.jpg

Swedish women equate jogging with sex: survey

Jogging is more important than a slew of other social activities, and is as important as sex and time with the family, according to a new survey of Swedish women by iFORM lifestyle magazine.

Shopping, having coffee with friends, watching television and calling your mum are all willingly sacrificed for a trot around the block, the magazine writes.

iFORM editor-in-chief Karen Lyager Horve explains that the popularity of jogging can be explained in the activity's rapid results.

"Jogging is something of a panacea, in a relatively short period of time you can boost your well-being by running yourself to a healthy weight, less stress and more happiness," she said.

Indeed, according to the survey of 1,774 women between the ages of 15-60, jogging is equal only to sex and time spent with the family. A third of the women replied that pounding the streets was in fact preferable to exercise between the sheets.

The survey shows that the only task unquestioningly more important than jogging is work.

The majority of women in the survey responded that they run three times per week, with an average distance of around 5 kilometres, although many are becoming more ambitious with almost a third dreaming of running a half-marathon*.

For the modern Swedish woman a pair of worn-in trainers and an old t-shirt is not sufficient attire to launch forth, with MP3 players, pulse meters and mobile phones typical accompaniments on their quest for better health, the survey shows.

http://www.thelocal.se/27758/20100713/

*Almost a third of Swedish women dream of running a half-Marathon? How uncharacteristically humble and modest. It's only 21 kilometers, for drokk's sake.

la bombe
07-18-2010, 09:59 PM
I assume iFORM magazine is a physical fitness/health mag right? Only a real fitness freak type woman would prefer jogging to sex, shopping and the rest.

Eldritch
07-18-2010, 10:02 PM
sex, shopping and the rest.

Vive la différence! :thumb001:

Bloodeagle
07-19-2010, 12:30 AM
At least they take their health serious in Sweden.
Many women in America like to eat as a sport!:)

Osweo
07-19-2010, 01:56 AM
Poor dears.... I almost wish I had the liberty to show them what they're missing.

Swedish men.... :tsk:

:swl

Arrow Cross
07-19-2010, 02:52 AM
Sporty Nordic women?

This thread clearly needs moar pict00rz.

nisse
07-19-2010, 02:54 AM
I didn't quite get this article for a number of reasons...mainly because I didn't see many women jogging in Sweden (lots of men though) and esp. no serious joggers I'm used to seeing here.

I think the article misframes the survey/results. The only thing above jogging/time with family/sex was work, so this is probably more a rating of "what is the most necessary part of your routine?" not necessarily "what do you like doing most"...plus, although I personally hate jogging, exercise is crazy addictive, so I could totally see why someone would rank it highly.

Sol Invictus
07-19-2010, 03:08 AM
Jogging and sex compliment eachother, really. You have better sex and enjoy it more when you're in good physical condition, and sex is a great motivator.

Daos
07-19-2010, 06:18 AM
Jogging is more important than a slew of other social activities, and is as important as sex and time with the family, according to a new survey of Swedish women by iFORM lifestyle magazine.

Sex is important?:noidea:

Vulpix
07-19-2010, 07:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/5AE48.jpg

I assume iFORM magazine is a physical fitness/health mag right? Only a real fitness freak type woman would prefer jogging to sex, shopping and the rest.

Yup. I imagine the survey was conducted among their readership (=fitness freaks).

The Ripper
07-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Oop... I almost forgot. I won't be able to make it fellas. Veronica and I are trying this new fad called uh, jogging. I believe it's jogging or yogging. It might be a soft j. I'm not sure but apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild.

http://correctopinion.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/ron-burgundy.jpg