PDA

View Full Version : Did you end up marrying the race/hair color/height/age person you thought you would?

Austin
07-19-2010, 07:25 AM
Never been married myself but I have always been curious as to whether or not the person I envision marrying will be anything like the person I actually do marry, if in fact I do.

To those of you who have been married, was she/he what you had envisioned all along in respect to race, hair color and all that or did all that end up being negotiable in the end?

I ask just out of curiosity more than anything else, not out of some racist sentiment. I am curious as to whether finding that envisioned person is as hard as I suspect it is in respect to social realities or whether more people actually did end up with them in the end.

Sol Invictus
07-19-2010, 07:35 AM
No but I am okay with it. I got myself a Black-haired Italian girl, yet, I always imagined I'd end up with the blond-haired, big boobed girl on the centre-fold in the playboy mag.

blan
07-19-2010, 07:59 AM
i do not look for a mate based on her hair and eyes and height,
i look for someone i want to be with that makes me happy,

Austin
07-19-2010, 08:04 AM

Of course of course. (:

blan
07-19-2010, 08:13 AM
Of course of course. (:

hey does not mean i do not want a pretty girl and i dont enjoy pretty girls but im not trying to breed some special child with special features and i do not fall in love based on height eyes color and hair,
i have had girlfreinds who were very very pretty who i was happy to be with and i have had girlfreinds who were very average who i cared for equally.
but all were diffrent sizes, and had diffrent hair, eyes, ect

Beorn
07-19-2010, 09:46 AM
Yes.

Hussar
07-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Nice thread Austin.

The common habit of peoples (especially on internet) is to fantasize about the ideal partner, maybe with dozens of silly details etc. :rolleyes:

What how do we act in the real life ?

Tony
07-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Generally I've always been attracted to girls who had Med features like me but most of the times I admit it happened I got engaged with girls who were the opposite phenotype , i.e. light haired/eyed.
The first years I realized this pattern I was quite a bit astonished but later didn't pay much attention anymore of course.
External features are a bonus but not the most important thing if one wants to start a serious relationship.

Allenson
07-19-2010, 01:40 PM
Yes, my wife and I are subracially compatable, lol. :cool:

Just a wee pic.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2427/3987655274_3263137f95_m.jpg

Curtis24
07-19-2010, 01:53 PM
This is an interesting question. Many studies I have seen have implicated people prefer those who look the same as them. I see this reflected in my own genealogical history - my own ancestors came mostly from Germany and Ireland, yet their descendants somehow managed to preserve their coal-black hair through marriage selection, which is the color of my own hair.

nisse
07-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Not married...in dating I go for a combination of personality and looks. Personality wise - quirky and smart, looks-wise tall's pretty much the only requirement.

I'm pretty sure I'll end up marrying someone like that (if I end up marrying at all).

Fortis in Arduis
07-19-2010, 03:07 PM
I became affianced to a 5'2" Jew.

blan
07-19-2010, 04:41 PM
. Personality wise - quirky and smart, looks-wise tall's pretty much the only requirement.

so you want to date me? :cool:

nisse
07-19-2010, 06:13 PM
so you want to date me? :cool:

May be, for all I know.

...should have added "real-life acquaintance" to the physical features :D :p

Austin
07-19-2010, 06:19 PM
Height is not so much an issue for me as long as she is at least 5'2 or more. I'm 6ft so I don't care if she is shorter really yet she cannot be much taller than me.

The only other main requisite is that she be a person of European descent.

The deal breakers would be red hair and weight issues.

Absinthe
07-19-2010, 08:40 PM
My boyfriend looks phenotypically nothing like me. But I don't wanna get married anyway :)

Saruman
07-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Since I got more knowledgeable in anthropology I changed somewhat, yes I became more picky, and I was like that before too, though then I had no clear understanding of why.

Guapo
07-19-2010, 08:52 PM
The only normal post in this thread...

Austin
07-19-2010, 09:00 PM
The only normal post in this thread...

Na like it or not all people have a general idea of what they most desire for a potential mate, there is nothing wrong talking about it unless you cannot stand it's reality-based, non-politically-correct manner.

Knut
07-19-2010, 09:01 PM
Northern Europeans should rather marry Asians than Mediterraneans. Of course, the best option is to marry other Northern people.

The Lawspeaker
07-19-2010, 09:04 PM
What's up with that disgusting hatred for your fellow Europeans that live South of the Alps, Knut ?

Guapo
07-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Na like it or not all people have a general idea of what they most desire for a potential mate, there is nothing wrong talking about it unless you cannot stand it's reality-based, non-politically-correct manner.

the non-politically correct reality is that you're a male and will get bored of fucking one woman, no matter how hot you think she is, and will want to find another.

Curtis24
07-19-2010, 10:07 PM
the non-politically correct reality is that you're a male and will get bored of fucking one woman, no matter how hot you think she is, and will want to find another.

I disagree with this. You find great variation within people when it comes to sexual preferences. This has an evolutionary basis and has been scientifically correlated - men with low natural levels of tesosterone are faithful, while those with high levels of test. are promiscuous. While what you say certainly applies to some men, it does not apply to all men, or even most.

Germanicus
07-19-2010, 10:14 PM
The woman i married and had children with was a beauty, white blond hair, blue eyes, 36c size 8, 5ft 5ins nordic features.
Yes i suppose she was chosen as the ideal mate, just as i had thought who'd i'd marry.
My current wife i chose because of her compatability and perfect intelect.

Saruman
07-19-2010, 10:15 PM
I disagree with this. You find great variation within people when it comes to sexual preferences. This has an evolutionary basis and has been scientifically correlated - men with low natural levels of tesosterone are faithful, while those with high levels of test. are promiscuous. While what you say certainly applies to some men, it does not apply to all men, or even most.

Nah, I hate boredom. And being with one mate forever is just boring, so I would extend this to females too to be fair to them, so they may change males. I'd even support unions solely for the purpose of having children without them loving each other, let's say they're both very intelligent so it'd be good if they had children, while they could have their other partners. Boredom is bad.

Pallantides
07-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Northern Europeans should rather marry Asians than Mediterraneans. Of course, the best option is to marry other Northern people.

Norwegian/Filipino
http://www.outofaces.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/kirby-ann-basken-4.jpg

vs

Norwegian/Spanish
http://smallbackbigrack.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Triana-Iglesias-02.jpg

I see these old Norwegian men with their little Thai brides all the time, it would be refeshing with some sexy mediterranean women.

Austin
07-19-2010, 10:19 PM

No the notion that everyone is out fucking every weekend or even desires such is terribly inaccurate and an illusion created by social progressives who care nothing for the consequences of indoctrinating the naive masses with such garbage notions of degeneracy.

Super conservative/liberal areas of a free society are particularly vulnerable to such social media propaganda. Living in central Texas, a conservative bastion, I know several people my age who bought into that crap and now have a kid that they can't pay for and have for all intensive purposes ruined their lives and their parents lives financially for many many years to come.

I can count the number of women I have had on two hands and once I find the right one I can safely say I will gladly never fuck another woman in my life if she so desires.

Ibericus
07-19-2010, 10:21 PM
A 100% spanish woman, I don't care about her phenotype

Ibericus
07-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Northern Europeans should not marry neither asians or mediterraneans. The same goes for "Meds". Marry your own.

Austin
07-19-2010, 10:26 PM
Curtis I would strongly disagree with this part "men with low natural levels of tesosterone are faithful, while those with high levels of test. are promiscuous."

For as long as I can remember I have kept my sessions of "enjoyment" to a minimum of 3x a day, every day for many years now. Never had a problem once, also often faithful men are the ones that have the big families with three or more children, not the promiscuous guys who have no stability.

Ibericus
07-19-2010, 10:27 PM
What's up with that disgusting hatred for your fellow Europeans that live South of the Alps, Knut ?
He is not even european. Probably another mexican or a gypsy. A true Romanian would not be obsessed with Spaniards in such a desperate way

Guapo
07-19-2010, 10:29 PM
men with low natural levels of tesosterone are faithful, while those with high levels of test. are promiscuous

If one has big balls, yes, you're correct.

Germanicus
07-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Northern Europeans should not marry neither asians or mediterraneans. The same goes for "Meds". Marry your own.

This is true what my mother said to me when i had discovered girls, "do not ever bring home a non English girl, it's not your father you should fear, it is me":embarrassed

Guapo
07-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Curtis I would strongly disagree with this part "men with low natural levels of tesosterone are faithful, while those with high levels of test. are promiscuous."

It has been proven scientifically. Chimpanzees are the most promiscuous, humans second and gorillas third due to the size of the balls.

Austin
07-19-2010, 10:32 PM
It has been proven scientifically. Chimpanzees are the most promiscuous, humans second and gorillas third due to the size of the balls.

ohhhh okayyyy if you say so (:

Guapo
07-19-2010, 11:06 PM
ohhhh okayyyy if you say so (:

It's not me dude, it's the scientists that said so.

Austin
07-19-2010, 11:20 PM
balls have nothing to do with anything my god

Curtis24
07-19-2010, 11:26 PM
The size of the balls thing applies only to female promiscuity, though. The idea is that the larger the balls, the more potent sperm is. thus species will develop big balls when females are having sex with lots of men, to quickly impregnate a female when she may shortly be having sex with a male different than oneself, or to destroy the sperm of other men before it gets the chance to impregate the female(yes, this is possible). This is true for chimps, where a female has sex with every male in the troop. With gorillas, however, the females eacdh attach to an "alpha male" whom they stay with as long as he is alive, hence gorillas having small testes. Human male testicle size is closer to gorillas than chimps, so in our evolutionary environment, women were generally monogamous with occasional mild promiscuity.

Ball size does not indicate level of male promiscuity, however.

more than you ever wanted to know :)

Sol Invictus
07-19-2010, 11:37 PM
My balls are so big I use them as beanbag chairs.

Guapo
07-19-2010, 11:48 PM
7YUuyzQDmjY

Osweo
07-20-2010, 02:20 AM
For as long as I can remember I have kept my sessions of "enjoyment" to a minimum of 3x a day, every day for many years now.

:eek:

WHat a wanker!!!

blan
07-20-2010, 04:06 AM
May be, for all I know.

...should have added "real-life acquaintance" to the physical features :D :p

i have pictures posted on this forum under classify me

Bloodeagle
07-20-2010, 07:22 AM
minimum of 3x a day, every day

This sounds like the first few months of every relationship I have had.:thumb001:
Thank goodness I didn't do it for the children or my life would be ruined.:p

Allenson
07-20-2010, 03:24 PM
https://web.archive.org/web/20081009234005/http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/myspace-graphics/funny-pictures/woman_big_balls.jpg

Svanhild
07-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Hair color and height don't matter but it should be a (Northern) German man. I could imagine marriage with an Austrian, Dutch or Swiss male, too. :wink

Loki
07-20-2010, 08:57 PM
For as long as I can remember I have kept my sessions of "enjoyment" to a minimum of 3x a day, every day for many years now.

Keep it up boy, it's good for testicular health. :)

poiuytrewq0987
07-20-2010, 08:58 PM
Hair color and height don't matter but it should be a (Northern) German man. I could imagine marriage with an Austrian, Dutch or Swiss male, too. :wink

I.e. me.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1605/nesim.jpg

I do cluster with Austrians after all. :angel

Pallantides
07-20-2010, 09:24 PM
I.e. me.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1605/nesim.jpg

I do cluster with Austrians after all. :angel

Same does Inquiring Mind! :D
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/9660/lol4n.jpg

poiuytrewq0987
07-20-2010, 10:59 PM

The only difference is that he is part Gypsy and I am not. :thumb001:

Guapo
07-20-2010, 11:03 PM

He is probably half-Hungarian gypsy, that's why.

NSFreja
07-20-2010, 11:53 PM
This is true what my mother said to me when i had discovered girls, "do not ever bring home a non English girl, it's not your father you should fear, it is me"
Hahahaha, reminds me of my mother when she told me what kind of boys i never ever could bring home..."If you ever take a n*gger, turk, arab or a finn home...i will lock you in and throw away the key! Understood!???..."

Anyway, i have had 3 "serious" relationships and all ended up in chaos but these 3 guys were more or less typical Swedes...

First one - brown hair, very blue eyes, good looking, 1.78 tall...hmmm...8 years older than me...we lived together for 5 years
Second one - Very blond, blue eyes, not really good looking but well, one can't get it all...he was also 1.82 tall and 5 years younger than me :D We lived together for 5 years and was married 3 years
Third one - Brown hair, blue eyes, quite good looking, 1.80 tall...we had very much in common, like politics, interests etc...and he is 3 years younger :cool: our 15 year relationship ended now in june.

Guess i like guys with brown hair and blue eyes the most (wouldn't mind one with green eyes though...), and well, they have to be little younger than me ;) and also, they need to be like 1.80 tall...lol...

What more can i say? Just what i tell my kids:
If you're planning marriage, family and so on, stick to your own kind...

Pallantides
07-21-2010, 12:00 AM
The only difference is that he is part Gypsy and I am not. :thumb001:

I think his mother is half Russian also, so that makes him quarter Gypsy.

Hahahaha, reminds me of my mother when she told me what kind of boys i never ever could bring home..."If you ever take a n*gger, turk, arab or a finn home...i will lock you in and throw away the key! Understood!???..."

Hva er det som er så feil med Finner?:confused:

NSFreja
07-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Hva er det som er så feil med Finner?:confused:
Ja du, fråga min mor men jag gjorde som hon sa iallafall...*skrattar*...

Guapo
07-21-2010, 12:20 AM
Ja du, fråga min mor men jag gjorde som hon sa iallafall...*skrattar*...

Did that include Estonians?

NSFreja
07-21-2010, 12:21 AM
Nope

Curtis24
07-21-2010, 12:27 AM
The deal breakers would be red hair and weight issues.

Why don't you like red heads?

Bloodeagle
07-21-2010, 04:09 PM
I don't know about Europe but many redheads in the United States are either fat and ugly or complete knockouts. There doesn't seem to be much offered in the middle.
Let's not forget that redheads are crazy!:D

hajduk
07-21-2010, 04:28 PM
He is probably half-Hungarian gypsy, that's why.

He's from Serbia, but lives in Austria

Aemma
07-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Pretty much, I'd say. And we've been married for 23 years! :D

I mean I never did have this preconceived notion of what particular physical traits my man would have. But I did suspect that I was going to marry an anglophone of (Northern/Western) European extraction rather than a francophone, given that I attended an English high school and pursued my university studies in English rather than in French. But consider that many of us in my region are "blended" ie., of French, English, Irish, Scottish and German stock. I end up being 75% French-25% mixed English/Irish/Scot while hubby ends up being 25% French-75% English/German/Irish/Scot.

As for hubby's and my parents' generation, the question would have been answered quite differently in that most English, or French, or Irish or Scots or Germans were expected to marry within their own cultural and language (not to mention religious) groups. My partly French Canadian mother-in-law wasn't exactly initially welcome into the German-English clan in which she married. As for my own parents, I'm quite sure that it came as a surprise to my maternal grandparents that my mom married an anglophone French Canadian (he spoke broken French :D), my dad. Whereas I suspect that my dad's dad (a French Canuck himself) was quite delighted to see his son marry a young Frenchie since his other kids married Anglos. :D

In the end, all of that hair colour, age, height, etc were secondary to matters of culture, language and religion.

la bombe
07-21-2010, 07:43 PM
I don't know about Europe but many redheads in the United States are either fat and ugly or complete knockouts. There doesn't seem to be much offered in the middle.

Eh, I have red hair and I just look normal. I have no idea why people say that.

Baron Samedi
07-21-2010, 08:03 PM
I can honestly say me and my right hand are 100% racially compatible.

Bloodeagle
07-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Eh, I have red hair and I just look normal. I have no idea why people say that.

No offense, but I thought you were a knock-out!:D:thumb001:

Sahson
07-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Since I got more knowledgeable in anthropology I changed somewhat, yes I became more picky, and I was like that before too, though then I had no clear understanding of why.

same I am more aware of people's facial traits, and have a better understanding of what ticks my boxes. However I am the same in the regard, I rather have brilliant chemistry with my significant other, then have a "trophy wife".

Although ever since I was a kid, I always thought I'd be the first in my family to marry a non-british person. I have no idea why, perhaps because I left england at age 2. I remember being 5, and watching some movie in england and the actress in it was french, and I dreamed to have a french wife. but that was then, when my mom was also teaching me French too.

esaima
07-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Did that include Vepsians and Mordvinians?What about Komis?

:confused:

Foxy
08-05-2010, 01:16 PM
I personally care very much about the look, though I am not married yet but have been engaged for almost 4 years with the same boy, a very tall, blonde , nordic Italian guy, whereas I am atlanto-med.
I prefer blonde men in general, but I have had also stories with dark-haired men. The important, for me, is that my partner is tall and white and makes me happy. But I don't believe to people who say they care nothing about the look, becouse for me if there's not attraction there's no passion, bad sex and troubles later. :wink

Foxy
08-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Anyway, i have had 3 "serious" relationships and all ended up in chaos but these 3 guys were more or less typical Swedes...

First one - brown hair, very blue eyes, good looking, 1.78 tall...hmmm...8 years older than me...we lived together for 5 years
Second one - Very blond, blue eyes, not really good looking but well, one can't get it all...he was also 1.82 tall and 5 years younger than me :D We lived together for 5 years and was married 3 years
Third one - Brown hair, blue eyes, quite good looking, 1.80 tall...we had very much in common, like politics, interests etc...and he is 3 years younger :cool: our 15 year relationship ended now in june.

Guess i like guys with brown hair and blue eyes the most (wouldn't mind one with green eyes though...), and well, they have to be little younger than me ;) and also, they need to be like 1.80 tall...lol...

What more can i say? Just what i tell my kids:
If you're planning marriage, family and so on, stick to your own kind...

My father used to tell me: <<I am not racist, but if you take home a nigger I cut you both the legs>>.
But what's the prob with Finns?

Susi
08-06-2010, 01:28 AM
I married myself, it was pretty awesome

Loddfafner
08-06-2010, 01:50 AM
I never expected my husband would be a full-blooded Symbionese with black kinky hair, purplish-brown skin, and 5'6".

SwordoftheVistula
08-08-2010, 07:20 AM
I never expected my husband would be a full-blooded Symbionese with black kinky hair, purplish-brown skin, and 5'6".

That's only because of Stockholm Syndrome

Piparskeggr
08-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Close, always thought I'd marry a nice, Italian girl, almost did (5' 3", fair skin, black hair, dark brown eyes, swimmer's build)...but she and I went our separate ways after my first year in college. We remained friends and today is 14 years since she passed away from a burst aneurysm in her brain stem. She and my mother-in-law became very good friends when they worked in the same office years after we parted.

I met Anita (5' 3", fair skin, dark blond hair, blue-grey eyes, a little slender build, but filling out) a little over a year later, started going out in February 1978, wed in June 1982; a nice Greek girl.

Bloodeagle
08-09-2010, 02:00 AM
I had a few to many relationships, one resulting in marriage and then in divorce, until I found a woman who would dedicate herself to me and expect the same in return.
I found my true love match in 1/2 Greek, dark haired, olive complected, tall 5' 8", 7 years younger woman from Alaska! :)

jerney
11-02-2010, 05:04 AM
I'm not married (yet), but I definitely didn't end up with the person I thought I would. Since I began liking boys, they were always Germanic, and more specifically, they were German. I had rarely been interested in a non-German male, let alone a wog :p. I'd never had anything against wogs, it just simply never occurred to me to be interested in someone who wasn't German(ic) and it seemed "natural" for me to seek someone similar to myself. I also swore since I was about 9 or 10 that I would never be interested in a guy with brown eyes (lol). Well, I met a persistent wog who wasn't intimidated by my sometimes bitchy and moody personality and maybe even liked my feistiness. He was able to really make me laugh and smile (which believe me, isn't easy) and maybe chipped away some of my Germanic ice queen tendencies ;).

shortskirtlongjacket
03-26-2011, 12:30 AM
Funny thing. My first real boyfriend was Italian & Irish, and his name was Steve. Thirty years later, I'm in love with an Italian (although 100%) named Steve...

My first hub was of French/Germanic descent, tall, brown hair & eyes, met him in high school. Handsome and sweet, but not so quick or ambitious.

Second was a Celtic-type - dark curly hair, blue eyes, 12 years older than I. Lots of conflict, he wanted to control me, teased a lot, very competitive with me. General consensus is I threatened him intellectually and elsewise.

My current beau is mentioned above. His family is all Sicilian, and he is the sweetest man. Dark hair, medium height, light eyes, very hirsute, light skin. The most melodious, wonderful voice I ever heard in my life. Identical sense of humor to mine. Just the right amount of taller-than-me. We don't have marriage plans, since (a) we've both had failures in that area and (b) it isn't to our economic advantage, but...that isn't to say we are any less than devoted to one another for life. He accepts me with my weaknesses, and praises my feminine attributes so well that he makes me feel like an absolute beauty. To me, he is the sweetest, wisest, wittiest, sexiest. I was probably turned off from Italians after the first boyfriend (I was 13 and he went a bit too far...), but thank goodness I didn't completely rule them out!

Money Shot
08-16-2011, 03:55 PM
I have always been a redhead magnet. Even as a young dude the red haired girls seemed to flock to me. I'm light skinned w/alot of freckles, dark curly hair (when I grow it out - I keep it under an inch long usually) and hazel eyes.

I never really thought about it. When I got older, mid 20s, I was not really aware of what I liked. I just dated and had fun. Well my first wife ended up being a red haired Danish girl who was here in the states as a proffesional nanny.

That didn't last. Well my second and current wife who I married at the age of 30, is a light skinned red head of scotts/irish descent. When I met her, I realised that I think I am preprogrammed to seek out the redheads. I, to this day get flirted with by redheads. I must put out the vibe or something that draws them in.

Oh well it works for me. I think I'll just go with it. :D

aefavant
09-01-2011, 08:08 PM
YES. Actually, she turned out to be better than my dreams.

Zeppelin20
09-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Well, I'm not married but I am seriously involved with the person who I'm 99 percent sure I'll be marrying in a few years :)

Anyway, all my life (with a few exceptions) I usually was attracted to guys who looked somewhat similar to myself: dark brown haired, brown eyed and on the athletic side. However my boyfriend is taller than most, thinner, with dark blond hair and light blue eyes. The funny thing is he is pretty much of the same ethnic background as I: mostly British, Irish, and French.... yet he has a much different look about him.

rhiannon
09-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Thereabouts...yes. My husband is taller even than I would have ideally hoped for...he is 6'6", light brown hair (now grey), blue-grey eyes. The funny thing...he doesn't fit my prototypical guy....my prototype is much more *obviously* Scandinavian-looking....but he can pass for Scando....given he is 25% Swede.

Plus, he is the youngest of anyone I ever entered into a relationship with....all others were at LEAST five years older than me....he is only 7 DAYS older!

All in all....a lucky find. My marriage will be the ONLY thing I have ever done right on the first try, lol...

Madonna
04-26-2013, 11:09 AM
yes I did :) he is excatly the type I love the most :D

Larali
08-03-2018, 12:56 AM
Thereabouts...yes. My husband is taller even than I would have ideally hoped for...he is 6'6", light brown hair (now grey), blue-grey eyes. The funny thing...he doesn't fit my prototypical guy....my prototype is much more *obviously* Scandinavian-looking....but he can pass for Scando....given he is 25% Swede.

Plus, he is the youngest of anyone I ever entered into a relationship with....all others were at LEAST five years older than me....he is only 7 DAYS older!

All in all....a lucky find. My marriage will be the ONLY thing I have ever done right on the first try, lol...

7 days, wow, sounds like it was meant to be :) My hub is 4 months to the day younger than me-- but I was born two months early and he was born two months late ;)

Anyway yeah, I got married so young that I didn't really have a "type," but I used to think I liked the dark eyed guys early on. My hub has green eyes and dark blond hair, while I have darker brown hair and blue eyes. We have almost the exact same ethic heritage too.

Edited: after I posted this I realized no one is born two months late so I must be wrong. So I checked with him and he said he was only one month late. LOL You get the picture.

rhiannon
08-03-2018, 03:58 PM
7 days, wow, sounds like it was meant to be :) My hub is 4 months to the day younger than me-- but I was born two months early and he was born two months late ;)

Anyway yeah, I got married so young that I didn't really have a "type," but I used to think I liked the dark eyed guys early on. My hub has green eyes and dark blond hair, while I have darker brown hair and blue eyes. We have almost the exact same ethic heritage too.

Edited: after I posted this I realized no one is born two months late so I must be wrong. So I checked with him and he said he was only one month late. LOL You get the picture.

Love your avi. Miss Layne Staley terribly.

I met my husband on Match believe it or not lol

Ellethwyn
12-05-2021, 07:00 AM
Never been married myself but I have always been curious as to whether or not the person I envision marrying will be anything like the person I actually do marry, if in fact I do.

To those of you who have been married, was she/he what you had envisioned all along in respect to race, hair color and all that or did all that end up being negotiable in the end?

I ask just out of curiosity more than anything else, not out of some racist sentiment. I am curious as to whether finding that envisioned person is as hard as I suspect it is in respect to social realities or whether more people actually did end up with them in the end.

No. I thought I would marry a man of German ancestry, who was a few years older than me, fair hair, and actually not that tall. This was the type of guy I seemed to attract the most, and the type I ended up dating (they were plentiful in my area). I didn't even realize how wildly attracted I was to the opposite, my husband, who is quite paleo-atlantid/Mediterranean looking, tall, and just 2.5 years older than me. I had never really met anyone like him before. He feels the same about me. He didn't think he'd marry someone like me. We were both pleasantly surprised when we met.

Mortimer
12-05-2021, 07:14 AM
I never thought I would get married and Im not. Im disabled down there basically, and too shy. Im now a bit less shy, but as 5 year old I hide when I saw girls, and didnt dared to say one word. My elementary school teacher said if you guys dont flirt with girls now, you will never.

Xosé Guzmán
12-05-2021, 05:51 PM
I'm not married, but yeah my fiancée is basically the perfect woman for me.

rothaer
05-10-2023, 01:08 PM
I didn't have particular imaginations as for the hair colour, height and age. But I had for ethnicity, hair texture, eye colour and social background. I married twice which was initially not expected by me. Regarding my first wife all mentioned imaginations became real and regarding the second wife all but the social background.

Jana
05-10-2023, 01:20 PM
Race - yes
Hair color - weird question, I never cared too much, but let's say yes
Height - I didn't imagine to end up with man that tall I guess but it never mattered much
Age - I always expected somebody closer to my age than he was

Jana
05-10-2023, 01:26 PM
I didn't have particular imaginations as for the hair colour, height and age. But I had for ethnicity, hair texture, eye colour and social background. I married twice which was initially not expected by me. Regarding my first wife all mentioned imaginations became real and regarding the second wife all but the social background.

Interesting, let's see from what you mention:

ethnicity: not what I expected
hair texture: as I expected
eye color: as I expected
social background: same as mine, so totally compatible but not sure If I expected that. I maybe expected somebody of working class origin rather than similar to mine for some reason (due to living in such surroundings)

Petalpusher
05-10-2023, 01:28 PM
Race and age, yes. Im not into women who are too short to the point they look kids next to you, something like at least 160cm, maybe light eyes always work for me as well, besides that i don't have strong criterias a priori but i know what i like when i see it. Social background is completely irrelevant for men. You can be a surgeon or waitress, we will pick the latter if you look 1% more attractive or mentally compatible.

Hithaeglir
05-10-2023, 07:57 PM
I've never had a preconceived notion of who I would end up with.

Ethnicity was probably the most unexpected. However, his personality, phenotype and social background are compatible with my overall preferences.

Mopi Licinius Crassus
05-10-2023, 08:01 PM
I had planned on marrying this:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/3a/e9/6d3ae99c0756834f7a33ad23e5fd4250.jpg

instead I got this :rolleyes:

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2010/01/21/20/302245.jpg?width=1200

life is full of surprises isn't it :p

PlattitüdenPaule
05-10-2023, 08:15 PM
Actually yes. Besides the height and eye colour. (A bit taller than I expected and with ice blue eyes instead of brown, maybe also a bit lighter hair)

calxpal
05-10-2023, 11:38 PM
I can't actually answer this yet but I do wonder sometimes what features the person I'll end up with will look like, maybe someone has a prediction for me lol. I oddly do have fantasies though of marrying someone of a certain race/background/look which maybe is weird :coffee:

Kriptc06
05-11-2023, 12:14 AM
I'm not married but my on and off GF has a similar background than me, from the same regions, just that instead of bulgarian she's part italian.

Flashball
05-12-2023, 04:59 AM
Race: yes
Ethnicity: yes, more or least (western europe or a mix like me 75% FR 25% Sardo)
Hair color: no
Eyes color: no
Height: 1m60 to 1m80

Mortimer
05-12-2023, 05:30 AM
I can't actually answer this yet but I do wonder sometimes what features the person I'll end up with will look like, maybe someone has a prediction for me lol. I oddly do have fantasies though of marrying someone of a certain race/background/look which maybe is weird :coffee:

My prediction is it will be a white guy from Canada or USA, a little nerdy, but a "good guy".

As for me I didnt married anyone or ended up with anyone yet, and i never had special predictions or requirements regarding race or hair color. In the past even less so then now, i grew up where i didnt really know that "race mixing" is a issue, i learned that later