PDA

View Full Version : Circumcision ban in Denmark troubles Jews and Muslims

Loki
01-24-2009, 05:55 PM
This article dates from Nov 2008:

Furor over Proposed Ban of Circumcision in Denmark (http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/156207)

Reported: 00:11 AM - Nov/21/08

(IsraelNN.com) Jews and Muslims in Denmark are in an uproar about a bill to ban circumcision for boys under the age of 15, according to Yediot Ahronot. The country's National Council for Children and Ethics Council have both endorsed the proposal and only the parliament's medical committee can prevent it from being heard.

The National Council for Children argued that, "Circumcision is the irreversible damage to a child's body before he is given the chance to object." It also said the ban was a matter of equality, in the wake of a five-year-old ban on female circumscion.

Denmark's Chief Rabbi Bent Lexner – who is also a certified mohel (circumciser) in the community – told Yediot Ahronot, "The comparison between circumcision and the intentional mutilation of the female sex organ in certain societies is simply complete nonsense." He added, "If the law forbidding circumcision is ever passed in Denmark, Jews will have to leave the place they have been living in for hundreds of years."

Judaism specifies circumcsion when a boy is eight days old, unless medically dictated otherwise. Islam does not specify a date, but allows it through puberty.

Vargtand
01-24-2009, 06:22 PM
I think it is a great law and I hope the rest of Scandinavia will follow Denmark as an example.

Sol Invictus
01-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Good start, now I hope that there will be a law where they will have to pay reparations to those who've been victims to this barbaric practise.

Beorn
01-24-2009, 07:47 PM
He added, "If the law forbidding circumcision is ever passed in Denmark, Jews will have to leave the place they have been living in for hundreds of years."

Is there a petition already set up for England? Where do I sign?

Jägerstaffel
01-24-2009, 08:21 PM
How 'bout they just ban Jews and Muslims?

Vulpix
01-24-2009, 09:33 PM
This would be a proxy for an outright ban, which would be predictably regarded as "racist"; instead ban the "chopping bits off" practice they are fond of, and if anyone objects you can reply along the lines of "well you are not for cruelty against infants, are you??........" :wink

How 'bout they just ban Jews and Muslims?

Atlas
01-24-2009, 09:40 PM
I don't see much wrong with circumcision myself, of course not being mendatory like Jews and Muslims but as a choice of the parents or the young adult himself.

I was cut for medical reason and I am not embarassed by it, even if asked sometimes if I'm a Jew.

Heimmacht
01-24-2009, 09:54 PM
LOL, Denmark does the things the Netherlands is only thinking of but would never dare to do! Good for them :thumb001:

Jägerstaffel
01-24-2009, 11:36 PM
I agree with Atlas,
Personally I see nothing wrong with circumcision - as a cleanliness issue or just out of tradition or whatever. People in general should be free to do what they want to their bodies (though certainly the children have little say so in the matter at the time)
But if it would force out the desert people; I'm all for it.
Go Denmark!

The Lawspeaker
08-27-2011, 07:56 PM
I think it is a great law and I hope the rest of Scandinavia will follow Denmark as an example.
Let's make it the rest of Europe. I think that my government (the Netherlands) should ban this practice real soon. For as far as I know female genital mutilation is already banned and there seem to be discussions around banning underaged/ non-medical male genital (http://www.ontdekislam.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67534) mutilation as well. (and the left-wing Volkskrant published a furious piece about this "attack on art. 6 of the Constitution - the freedom of religion". Much to my amusement btw since these same twats have proven to be very much anti art. 7 of that same Constitution - the freedom of speech.)

Logan
08-27-2011, 08:30 PM
http://commentarista.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/circumcision-460x280.png

http://fullmoonsdaughter.com/wpmain/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/25385_120249314659303_120007011350200_289165_38256 02_n1.jpg

zeta
08-27-2011, 08:34 PM
This article dates from Nov 2008:

Furor over Proposed Ban of Circumcision in Denmark (http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/156207)

Reported: 00:11 AM - Nov/21/08

(IsraelNN.com) Jews and Muslims in Denmark are in an uproar about a bill to ban circumcision for boys under the age of 15, according to Yediot Ahronot. The country's National Council for Children and Ethics Council have both endorsed the proposal and only the parliament's medical committee can prevent it from being heard.

The National Council for Children argued that, "Circumcision is the irreversible damage to a child's body before he is given the chance to object." It also said the ban was a matter of equality, in the wake of a five-year-old ban on female circumscion.

Denmark's Chief Rabbi Bent Lexner – who is also a certified mohel (circumciser) in the community – told Yediot Ahronot, "The comparison between circumcision and the intentional mutilation of the female sex organ in certain societies is simply complete nonsense." He added, "If the law forbidding circumcision is ever passed in Denmark, Jews will have to leave the place they have been living in for hundreds of years."

Judaism specifies circumcsion when a boy is eight days old, unless medically dictated otherwise. Islam does not specify a date, but allows it through puberty.

Does your penis feel comfortable fucking Boadica deformed tits?

billErobreren
08-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Nice & Subtle way to rid yourself of vermin....NICE!!!:D
not for the first time I'm glad to be uncircumcised

Lorene
08-27-2011, 08:51 PM
LOL who was he?
Mordid or Celti!?

The Lawspeaker
08-27-2011, 08:53 PM
LOL who was he?
Mordid or Celti!?
Mordid / Guapo. They seem to have shared accounts. I received this rep. point:

How to Preserve Celtic... 08-27-2011 08:13 PM zeta I'm Mordid, actually. Guapo's using Zeta account aswell

Saruman
08-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Who makes more fuss about circumcision, opponents or proponents?
Most fuss make religious proponents. Because to religious muslims or Jews this practice is more important than anything. But from what we know of it's effects does it make sense to be so fanatical about it as they are? No. So why such psychopathic fanaticism? I see 2 best but polar potential explanations.
Either:

1. Circumcision is highly beneficial health-wise, and brings very important benefits in terms of sexual pleasure etc.

or

2. In some (such as desert) environments it might have been of more use, but as it got spread it seems it developed into a forced cultural tradition, so it might have created an effect of people forcing it on others, thinking along these lines "If I have to suffer may everyone else suffer", "God will reward us for this"

Me knowing muslims very well, I can say no.2 is not far fetched at all for some of them. This vid for example. Some debate between Wahhabis and Jehovah witnesses,
and after 30 mins Wahhabi asks the opposite debater few times "do you circumcise"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JKtVhCz9PU&feature=related
In effect it creates an impression of thinking parameter along these lines "Blah, blah, just tell me whether you circumcise so we can by that determine your obedience to God, no circumcision = Allah doesn't like you". :D

Or this story of a Rabbi, one pathology, now were the circumstances such that they provoked "defiance" of that woman who circumcised her child with a knife, or would they behave in same manner if the circumstances were different if for ex. it was just banned? They would still do it if reasonably religious. Note how he says "pure, holy Jew", that is something that often drags it self through some of these religious texts, because if the Jew is holy or/and pure by circumcision what does then non-circumcision represents? Unholy, impure, infidel.
7BYhFUgwXRs

Though this Orthodox Jew dealt with it more progressively (and he was/is very progressive in anthropological terms so another proof that anthro stuff isn't "pseudoscience") and without fanaticism.
7X_h6KZocOs

What I find odd is that Obama's "President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief’s (PEPFAR)" might possibly include campaign to increase the rates in US. Concerning some african studies I have saw various complaints(and some organisations in Europe had reservations ec., you heard about "Abraham operation" etc.), but to put it simply there are some "cultural memetic factors" of certain backgrounds (we all know which) who are really fired up behind this, without any doubt.

Now what would have happened if this law passed? They would still do it, they would probably send their kids in other countries(for the procedure), or do it covertly. Or maybe muslims would revolt violently as Jews did two times when Greeks banned it in 2nd century BC (Hanukkah commemorates this) or later in 138 AD, as there are many sources that claim ban of circumcision by Hadrian was a major if not the main cause of that revolt.

I was too thinking is it a coincidence that ME cultural progression in many ways halted with the advent of these 2 "uniformity" religions. Because you see in many respects there are no religions like Islam or Judaism. Especially Islam can be fanatical, as they pride themselves - "our one believer is as religious as a Christian bishop", and that is very true in many ways...

Wulfhere
08-27-2011, 10:38 PM
This is exactly what I've been saying for ages - but never thought anyone would actually do it. This needs to be a Europe-wide ban, on pain of spending a very long time in prison for the sexual mutilation of one's children, and being declared an unfit parent. Can we hope it might be, one day?

CelticViking
03-07-2012, 06:47 AM
http://fullmoonsdaughter.com/wpmain/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/25385_120249314659303_120007011350200_289165_38256 02_n1.jpg

A new study by 12 medical experts suggests newborn boys should be circumcised.
Doctors in New Zealand no longer perform the operation as a matter of routine, but about 10 percent of the country's male babies are circumcised.
However research led by Sydney University says the removal of the foreskin reduces the risk of infections, cancer and other painful conditions.
The New Zealand Paediatric Society says the findings aren't enough to warrant government funding of the procedure.

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/auckland/news/nbhea/1811492949-Study-says-boys-should-be-circumcised