PDA

View Full Version : Was Jesus Christ a magician?

Aragorn
11-07-2008, 08:55 AM
A team of scientists led by renowned French marine archaeologist Franck Goddio recently announced that they have found a bowl, dating to between the late 2nd century B.C. and the early 1st century A.D., that is engraved with what they believe could be the world's first known reference to Christ.
Full story here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26972493/

Opinions are requirred

Arrow Cross
11-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Of course there were many people who tried to "rationalize" his actions in that time, and with a mindset of the Antiquity, he might have came through as a "magician" for the pagans of that area. At least they didn't regard him as an archenemy, like the Chosen People...

safinator
10-30-2011, 12:39 AM
Frankly this sound even more retarded than the story of him being gay...

Hurrem sultana
12-20-2011, 02:37 AM
Jesus did not exist

Supreme American
12-20-2011, 02:53 AM
Jesus did not exist

How can you say that and call yourself a Muslim?

Supreme American
12-20-2011, 02:55 AM
Frankly this sound even more retarded than the story of him being gay...

Reminds of me of how I once read some radical homosexual type claiming that there were gay "pick up lines" in the Old Testament.

:lol00002:

Hurrem sultana
12-20-2011, 03:11 AM
How can you say that and call yourself a Muslim?

:D

Supreme American
12-20-2011, 04:01 AM

Troll much?

Hurrem sultana
12-20-2011, 04:20 AM
Troll much?

actually i probably said it wrongly,i don't believe in the christian version of Jesus

islam calls him Isa and there is a difference

Drawing-slim
12-20-2011, 04:39 AM
Regardless, he is the man.
If he was just a magician or a very good con artist in every way you look at it he remains the most impressive figure in the world.

Even more so if he actually was all the above, just an ordinary man. because if he was son of god and the spirit and god himself all in one, thats not impresive at all, he could more i think. p

Curtis24
12-20-2011, 04:42 AM
Jesus Christ was not a magician :P

Jake Featherston
12-20-2011, 04:59 AM
He may have cultivated an interest in prestidigitation, but I strongly doubt it.

He was the son of God.

Hurrem sultana
12-20-2011, 02:16 PM
He was the son of God.

who is the wife of god? :P

Der Steinadler
12-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Was Jesus Christ a magician?

no. he was the archetypal social worker.

xInsanity = communism v1.

Jake Featherston
12-20-2011, 07:54 PM
who is the wife of god? :P

At the time, it was his Jesus's mother, Mary.

Don't tempt fate, or you'll be next...

Hurrem sultana
12-20-2011, 08:01 PM
At the time, it was his Jesus's mother, Mary.

Don't tempt fate, or you'll be next...

wow..so Mary was married to God and Joseph? and why "at the time",are they divorced now?

i am allowed to ask,maybe this is provocation to you,but i just want to know how you explain all this

Jake Featherston
12-20-2011, 08:19 PM
wow..so Mary was married to God and Joseph? and why "at the time",are they divorced now?

i am allowed to ask,maybe this is provocation to you,but i just want to know how you explain all this

I don't explain it. The relationship between God and a woman has different rules than one between man and woman, I guess. It doesn't keep me up nights.

Der Steinadler
12-20-2011, 08:31 PM

it's a bit confusing to hear christians explain the two daddies situation.

Amapola
12-20-2011, 08:37 PM

Jesus did not exist

The mere slight kind of mockery or joke about Christianity on an European forum by a Muslim is beyond provocation, it's plain ridiculous... considering that in some Muslim countries a Christian woman that attempts to say a blasphemy against Islam can be stoned to death.

Jokes are not funny for everybody especially from people with double standards.

Comte Arnau
12-20-2011, 08:50 PM
I don't think she is a Muslim. She wouldn't be making mockery of Jesus if she were.

Hurrem sultana
12-20-2011, 08:52 PM
I don't think she is a Muslim. She wouldn't be making mockery of Jesus if she were.

you are right i am secular muslim

Comte Arnau
12-20-2011, 08:54 PM

That's more what I thought.

Although to me, seculars -whether Christians or Muslims- are secular.

Hurrem sultana
The mere slight kind of mockery or joke about Christianity on an European forum by a Muslim is beyond provocation, it's plain ridiculous... considering that in some Muslim countries a Christian woman that attempts to say a blasphemy against Islam can be stoned to death.

The west does not want to copy the middle east right? so no point in mentioning what happens there

I just told you my opinion,like many others..i am sure i am not the only one here who rejects jesus

Amapola

She joked and then tried to explain she didn't believe in the Christian version, sure. I don't care what she is, but seeing islam on her avatar and a joke to Jesus is repulsive to me. Even if I was not a christian. It's up to others tolerate it or laugh.

Hurrem sultana
12-20-2011, 08:56 PM
That's more what I thought.

Although to me, seculars -whether Christians or Muslims- are secular.

true

Amapola
12-20-2011, 08:57 PM

Does this exist? ;) Even if you respect your Muslim tradition and you are not a believer... it doesn't make a difference to me.

It's also my opinion, so nevermind. Case rested here.

Comte Arnau
12-20-2011, 08:59 PM
She joked and then tried to explain she didn't believe in the Christian version, sure. I don't care what she is, but seeing islam on her avatar and a joke to Jesus is repulsive to me. Even if I was not a christian. It's up to others tolerate it or laugh.

Well, IMO, everybody is free to laugh at any concept, as long as it is at the concept itself. If it is repeatedly done with an intention of provoking someone's susceptibility, thats up to the mods to decide about it.

I myself laugh at religions all the time and their elaborate mythology. But I have also been always fascinated about the figure of Jesus, whether he existed or not -which is actually irrelevant for me.

Rron
12-20-2011, 09:01 PM

In muslim dogma there is only Gods will which create things not any relation between humans and God.
In muslim dogma Jesus is another messenger of God, not son.
So basically she is asking to know christian way of thinking about this issue.

Hurrem sultana
12-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Does this exist? ;) Even if you respect your Muslim tradition and you are not a believer... it doesn't make a difference to me.

It's also my opinion, so nevermind. Case rested here.

your opinion is based on prejudice and is ignorant,so i wont comment it

case rested here

Amapola
12-20-2011, 09:03 PM
Well, IMO, everybody is free to laugh at any concept, as long as it is at the concept itself. If it is repeatedly done with an intention of provoking someone's susceptibility, thats up to the mods to decide about it.

I myself laugh at religions all the time and their elaborate mythology. But I have also been fascinated about the figure of Jesus, whether he existed or not -which is actually irrelevant for me.

Even if I believe in freedom, I am not much of a moral relativist.
I think some things are right and others are wrong.

I don't care if it's repeated, and I am not calling on the mods here. My personal opinion is that I don't find funny a joke on Jesus from a Muslim (believer or traditional), and so I expressed myself. This won't change nothing at all.

Amapola
12-20-2011, 09:07 PM
In muslim dogma there is only Gods will which create things not any relation between humans and God.
In muslim dogma Jesus is another messenger of God, not son.
So basically she is asking to know christian way of thinking about this issue.

I don't care about Muslim dogmas, let alone on a forum like this.
She joked about Jesus, and I didn't like it and I am free to state it. I don't mind her question but her joke.

Rron
12-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Now ok i am not religious either i have my opinions and of course i am curious, why you call Jesus God while you say that he is son of God , who is more God now ?

Ps : Its not my purpose to offend anyone if somebody feels insulted i am sorry .

Hurrem sultana
12-20-2011, 09:08 PM
I don't care about Muslim dogmas, let alone on a forum like this.
She joked about Jesus, and I didn't like it and I am free to state it. I don't mind her question but her joke.

first of all,what joke?

Amapola
12-20-2011, 09:13 PM
Now ok i am not religious either i have my opinions and of course i am curious, why you call Jesus God while you say that he is son of God , who is more God now ?

Ps : Its not my purpose to offend anyone if somebody feels insulted i am sorry .

This is a very complex theological notion that has troubled minds, believers and non-believers for ages. It's hard to explain it in three lines and I really have no time. I think there are good posts about it on the Christian section, if you can't find it, I will gladly make a thread trying to focus on that topic for you.

Amapola
12-20-2011, 09:14 PM
first of all,what joke?

Forget it, it's not worth it. :thumb001:

Hurrem sultana
12-20-2011, 09:19 PM
good

Hess
12-20-2011, 09:22 PM
"Secular Muslims"? that's an oxymoron if I ever saw one.

Rron
12-20-2011, 09:22 PM
This is a very complex theological notion that has troubled minds, believers and non-believers for ages.
It's hard to explain it in three lines and I really have no time. I think there are good posts about it on the Christian section, if you can't find it, I will gladly make a thread trying to focus on that topic for you.
I believe that .
I dont know which thread is related with my question in christian section , its very interesting for me, when i was in church once they always has refered to Jesus like a God, like for example Jesur our Lord, so that confused me a lot .

askra
12-20-2011, 09:24 PM
^
anyway Jesus is a prophet also for muslims, though they don't recognise him as the son of God.

Comte Arnau
12-20-2011, 09:29 PM
"Secular Muslims"? that's an oxymoron if I ever saw one.

Many Spaniards define themselves as "non-practicant Catholics".

I find both labels kinda stupid.

Hess
12-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Many Spaniards define themselves as "non-practicant Catholics".

I find both labels kinda stupid.

I think a better term would be "cultural catholics". they follow many Catholic customs and traditions, they go to church on Christmas, etc. but they don't take their faith seriously.

Hurrem sultana
12-20-2011, 09:40 PM
I think a better term would be "cultural catholics". they follow many Catholic customs and traditions, they go to church on Christmas, etc. but they don't take their faith seriously.

then i guess i am a cultural muslim

but fact is i believe in islam,god and all that...just i do not practice it and it is not part of my every day life

Rron
12-20-2011, 09:44 PM
then i guess i am a cultural muslim

but fact is i believe in islam,god and all that...just i do not practice it and it is not part of my every day life
Believing in islam is equivalent of believing on christianity.

Comte Arnau
12-20-2011, 09:45 PM

I find that a better label indeed. Although I don't think that following some traditions which might have been religious in origin makes anybody a practitioner.

Religion is based on dogmas and rites. To me, those who don't believe or don't practice can't call themselves members of that religion. It seems, though, that many feel comfortable with those kind of pseudolabels. If it works and they're happy, that's ok.

Der Steinadler
12-21-2011, 09:04 AM

yes, that's an appropriate label.

same could be said of protestants, and orthodox people.