PDA

View Full Version : Which of these 2 are lighter?

♥ Lily ♥
06-23-2015, 05:55 PM

solaris
06-23-2015, 05:56 PM
post the thread again in ~ 18 years.

♥ Lily ♥
06-23-2015, 05:59 PM
post the thread again in ~ 18 years.

Why? I'm only interested in a skin tone analysis.

Sikeliot
06-23-2015, 06:10 PM
Cristiano Ronaldo is part Cape Verdean also.

Shqipez
06-23-2015, 06:13 PM
Cristiano Ronaldo is part Cape Verdean also.

From what I know it's from Portuguese colonizers and not native.

Sikeliot
06-23-2015, 06:14 PM
From what I know it's from Portuguese colonizers and not native.

Even if he is from Madeira some of them have small amounts of SSA ancestry. And besides, Cape Verdeans range from passing as white, to fully black. I have no reason to think his Cape Verdean ancestor was white. Probably looked like my great-grandmother I posted.

JBoscherville
06-23-2015, 06:17 PM
It's hard to tell with that pic but Ronaldo looks a bit more tanned. He does spends a fuck ton of time in the sun though.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2u71ria.jpg

♥ Lily ♥
06-23-2015, 06:21 PM
The reason why I selected someone Portuguese is because I read on this wiki page that during the British Empire days, the British ranked mixed Caribbean Island and White Anglo people as being lighter than Portuguese people on the island... scroll down this page and see it in the Demographics section: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antigua

I don't agree with white supremacy or a hierarchy system of people based on skin shade, but what I'm interested in is the views of the British people seeing biracial people as being lighter than Portuguese people in Antigua.

In Australia, biracial children with Anglo ancestry in them were selected out of crowds of Aboriginal people during the British Empire days and taken away to be looked after by white people and the children were placed in schools, and the other children were left to starve, which was cruel.

Mixed-race relationships and later immigration resulted by the late 19th century in the emergence of five distinct and carefully ranked race/ethnic groups. At the top of this hierarchy were the British, who justified their hegemony with arguments of white supremacy and civilizing missions.[original research?] Among themselves, there were divisions between British Antiguans and non-creolised British, with the latter coming out on top.[citation needed] In short, this was a race/ethnic hierarchy that gave maximum recognition to Anglicised persons and cultural practices.[original research?]

Immediately below the British,[citation needed] were the mulattoes, a mixed-race group resulting from unions between, generally, white European males and enslaved African women, many of which took place in the years before the expansion of enslaved African population. Mulattoes were lighter in shade than the masses of Africans. Some white fathers had their sons educated or trained in crafts. They sometimes benefited them in other ways, which led to the development of a separate class.[citation needed] Mulattoes gradually distinguished themselves from the masses of enslaved Africans. They developed complex ideologies of shade to legitimate their claims to higher status.[citation needed] These ideologies of shade paralleled in many ways British ideologies of white supremacy.[original research?]

Next in this hierarchy were the Portuguese[citation needed]— 2500 of whom migrated as workers from Madeira between 1847 and 1852 because of a severe famine. Many established small businesses and joined the ranks of what was by then the mulatto middle class. The British never really considered Portuguese as their equals,[original research?] so they were not allowed into their ranks.[citation needed] Among Portuguese Antiguans and Barbudans, status differences move along a continuum of varying degrees of assimilation into the Anglicised practices of the dominant group.[original research?]

Below the Portuguese were the Middle Easterners,[citation needed] who began migrating to Antigua and Barbuda around the turn of the 20th century. Starting as itinerant traders, they soon worked their way into the middle strata of the society.[citation needed] Although Middle Easterners came from a variety of areas in the Middle East, as a group they are usually referred to as Syrians.

jatt
06-23-2015, 06:34 PM
Hard to tell.. but probably your son is lighter

gum_dum
06-23-2015, 06:37 PM
Your son have african features, maybe he will end up darker.

Sikeliot
06-23-2015, 06:39 PM
The reason why I selected someone Portuguese is because I read on this wiki page that during the British Empire days, the British ranked mixed Caribbean Island and White Anglo people as being lighter than Portuguese people on the island... scroll down this page and see it in the Demographics section: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antigua

The Portuguese might have been mixed people from Cape Verde.