PDA

View Full Version : Terms "loser" and "winner" are social construct

Incel King
06-24-2015, 11:20 PM
You're not born with any of those marks on your forehead, it's just used by some insecure individuals to boost their own ego by insulting. All you need to do is trust in yourself and pray our Lord and you will experience success in love.

sql
06-24-2015, 11:24 PM
What is that even supposed to mean?

People call each other that based on actions, it's not like doctors are delivering babies and are like "Sorry ma'am, your child is a loser" or "Congratulations, your child is a winner!".

Marusya
06-24-2015, 11:27 PM

People call each other that based on actions, it's not like doctors are delivering babies and are like "Sorry ma'am, your child is a loser" or "Congratulations, your child is a winner!".

Hey, at my hospital of birth, the nurses rang a fookin' bell and announced over the loudspeaker, "ATTENTION! BIRTHING UNIT #4 JUST PRODUCED A BABY GIRL WINNER! 7 pounds 8 ounces of total WIN!"

Incel King
06-24-2015, 11:29 PM

Those people are pathetic nobodies if they need to insult someone because of it's action just to boost their own ego and everyday they become even more and more stupid.

Brianna
06-28-2015, 06:15 AM
What about tighter people? Some guys prefer... Never mind.

Linebacker
06-28-2015, 07:42 AM
They aren't.

A winner is the one who won something and a loser is the one who lost it or didn't win.Nothing socially constructive about that.

Are you proposing all sports to remove winner and loser titles just to not hurt some people's feelings?Don't jump in the river if you can't swim is what I say.

Incel King
06-29-2015, 02:16 AM
They aren't.

A winner is the one who won something and a loser is the one who lost it or didn't win.Nothing socially constructive about that.

Are you proposing all sports to remove winner and loser titles just to not hurt some people's feelings?Don't jump in the river if you can't swim is what I say.

I'm not talking about sports, I'm talking about society and concept of winning or losing at life. I mean everyone sometimes win and sometimes lose and have things he's good at and other he's not.

Journeyman26
06-29-2015, 02:35 AM
Hey, at my hospital of birth, the nurses rang a fookin' bell and announced over the loudspeaker, "ATTENTION! BIRTHING UNIT #4 JUST PRODUCED A BABY GIRL WINNER! 7 pounds 8 ounces of total WIN!"

I imagined the Greek myth regarding the birth of Athena when I read this. It ends with Haephastus splitting Zeus's head with a wedge to relieve a headache, and Athena springing out fully formed from his skull.

http://www.hektoeninternational.org/images/article-images/Fig.1_birth-of-Minerva_Rene-Antoine-Houasse-web.jpg

Seth MacFarlane
06-29-2015, 02:46 AM
It's a social construct but here is my opinion If you don't give all you have in life , live up to your potential and take good opportunities your a loser. I'm not saying you have to be trump but just live life however you want to live it but if your not happy and your going no where in life not advancing you don't have no honor , reespect etc you are a loser . I'm not talking to anyone in particular , as far as I know everyone here is winners and I hope you all succeed at whatever your doing . Being happy is being a winner. As long as you love your life you win I can't judge that all , but if you hate your life , yourself and are in denial of your situation your a loser .

Tchek
06-29-2015, 02:56 AM
"Loser" and "Winner" are terms linked to the neoliberal materialistic paradigm, the idea of material success and social prestige; that is, a world view which is adopted by, well, losers.

Wadaad
06-29-2015, 03:21 AM
There are social constructs and there are 'personal' constructs. If you dont live up to your own goals, what should you call yourself?

Taiga Lake
06-29-2015, 03:44 AM
Personal goals are the ones that make you a winner, only the stupid try to please masses and do thinks that are considered as success by the norm.

Incel King
07-01-2015, 12:22 AM
"Loser" and "Winner" are terms linked to the neoliberal materialistic paradigm, the idea of material success and social prestige; that is, a world view which is adopted by, well, losers.

This capitalistic system is one big joke, only mentally retarded individuals can take such society serious.

Manifest Destiny
07-01-2015, 12:28 AM
It's a social construct but here is my opinion If you don't give all you have in life , live up to your potential and take good opportunities your a loser. I'm not saying you have to be trump but just live life however you want to live it but if your not happy and your going no where in life not advancing you don't have no honor , reespect etc you are a loser . I'm not talking to anyone in particular , as far as I know everyone here is winners and I hope you all succeed at whatever your doing . Being happy is being a winner. As long as you love your life you win I can't judge that all , but if you hate your life , yourself and are in denial of your situation your a loser .

The terms can be used socially, but they have their roots in outcomes of competitions.

Will be removing these terms from our vocabulary be the next cause for SJWs?

Seth MacFarlane
07-01-2015, 12:32 AM
The terms can be used socially, but they have their roots in outcomes of competitions.

Will be removing these terms from our vocabulary be the next cause for SJWs?

I agree the roots come from competition , im sorry my friend what is sjws ? Lol

Manifest Destiny
07-01-2015, 12:34 AM
I agree the roots come from competition , im sorry my friend what is sjws ? Lol

Social Justice Warriors. Basically, annoying liberals who think that normal, everyday things are somehow oppressive in some way.

DRUM
07-01-2015, 12:38 AM
is this what losers tell themselves?

Unome
07-01-2015, 12:38 AM
The terms "society" and "construct" are social constructs.

Incel King
07-04-2015, 12:39 PM
There are social constructs and there are 'personal' constructs. If you dont live up to your own goals, what should you call yourself?

At start of the day I'm loser then as hours and hours pass I masturbate each hour over and over, again and again, every day I masturbate like 10-15 times, at end of the day I feel like winner, fully satisfied and fulfilled I don't need to go gym to prove some faggots on internet that I'm not lazy nerd and create an illusion I achieved something.

Brasileiro
08-01-2015, 09:02 PM
It is a social construct designed to reinforce stereotypes leaving the strong more stronger and the weak more weaker.

de Burgh II
08-02-2015, 04:54 AM
Quite right, its simply a subjective, perceptual delusion that we fool ourselves into thinking. Were simply all the same; its just that we hid behind our material possessions and status attempts to makes ourselves feel "unique" to differentiate ourselves from others. I'm guilty of it. lol

I really don't plan on changing any aspect of it, but nonetheless I agree upon your "loser" and "winner" constructs.

Odin
06-27-2018, 09:49 PM
https://i.imgur.com/7gBI95n.jpg

Larali
06-27-2018, 09:51 PM
https://i.imgur.com/7gBI95n.jpg

Love this, I wonder if it applies to women too?

Odin
06-27-2018, 10:28 PM
Love this, I wonder if it applies to women too?

Nope.