PDA

View Full Version : Leaving

Heart of Oak
06-28-2015, 12:55 PM
I have decided that enough is enough for now.

I am moving out of the UK to a new life in New Zealand.

Every time I try to log in, I have to enter my username, cancel an advert, enter my password, cancel an advert, click on "remember me", and cancel an advert.

In fact, nearly everything I do leads me to an advert, which I must cancel.

I understand that donations fall short of the money required to keep the forum running. However, adverts have taken over, and they make for a miserable browsing experience.

I do consider many here to be my e-friends, and I will miss them. That said, my mobile number is displayed to those friends, and this will not be changing for a few months yet.

Anyone wishing to stay in touch is thereby welcome.

To the many trolled members, I would like to say that these last few years have been fun, and acknowledging that my sense of humour can be hard to grasp, I hope that you managed to enjoy a few laughs.

Also, to all the Greek members I wish you well, and pray for your country's prosperity. To the French, as you know, my Francophobia is undying, and I cannot extend my good wishes sincerely. To the rest of Europa, I wish you good tidings, and I bid you farewell for now.

To the US members, I hope that your national obesity finds relief. :pound:

Lastly, to my e-girlfriend, I hope we can stay in touch.

Longbowman
06-28-2015, 12:59 PM
To the French, as you know, my Francophobia is undying, and I cannot extend my good wishes sincerely.

Perfect.

Wadaad
06-28-2015, 01:00 PM
is this the so called "white flight" taking action in UK?

funny, you are leaving for New Zealand, and my cousin and his new wife just settle yesterday in Milton Keynes!

Longbowman
06-28-2015, 01:02 PM

funny, you are leaving for New Zealand, and my cousin and his new wife just settle yesterday in Milton Keynes!

Oh, my condolences to them.

Heart of Oak
07-03-2015, 03:23 PM

You sir are a name dropping scaremongering fool, as if you or your "Bastard" family could bring down your own Government let alone one so strong as our own, the mear thought makes me want to laugh out loud and roll on the floor, no matter where I travel I shall always be English, an Englishman with a home...

Leliana
07-04-2015, 03:32 PM

What's so bad about Mogadishu? I mean it's full of superior Muslim(!) Somalis(!), so it is supposed to be pure heaven on earth...:rolleyes:

Dandelion
07-04-2015, 03:43 PM
What's so bad about Mogadishu? I mean it's full of superior Muslim(!) Somalis(!), so it is supposed to be pure heaven on earth...:rolleyes:

It's indeed noteworthy who thanked the post. Those who believe in multiculturalism should realise humans always have some degree of hostility toward cultures alien to them, even if they live in such countries because the countries of their ethnicity are lagging far behind.

I can't imagine myself adopting such mentality in a non-Western country though.

Anyway, it's a 'joking text'. However truthful sentiment is often known to be disguised as jokes. :p

Wadaad
07-04-2015, 03:47 PM

Mogadishu is bad indeed, it is full of Hawiye and Daarods (and al Shabaab) who dont like us because of our business acumen, and republicanism. The paradise is Hargeisa.

Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik
07-04-2015, 03:55 PM
Mogadishu is bad indeed, it is full of Hawiye and Daarods (and al Shabaab) who dont like us because of our business acumen, and republicanism. The paradise is Hargeisa.

Then go there.

Wadaad
07-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Then go there.

If it were upto me, I'd have lived in Hargeisa from say 1999 onwards. It wasnt my decision to come to Canada but my parents. I was only 5 when the decision was made, and 6 when we came here. Im 31 now...but I've been going back frequently to Hargeisa since 2011 and one of my next trips will be permanent. In the meanwhile, what issues would you have with someone like myself who is educated, industrious and a net contributor to Canada via the taxes I pay? Just because I dont associate myself with the predominant culture (a position promoted by my country...Canada, take it up with Ottawa not me) and given the fortunate ability to celebrate my Somali-ness as a part of the Canadian mosaic does not mean you can address me in such manner. I have only that to thank (that Canada did not criminalize or legislate my culture...). Otherwise, I could be a rootless, tribeless "White" like you or a "coloured/visible minority" with racial and cultural dilemmas like EVERY racial/ethnic minority in the West.

07-04-2015, 06:41 PM
If it were upto me, I'd have lived in Hargeisa from say 1999 onwards. It wasnt my decision to come to Canada but my parents. I was only 5 when the decision was made, and 6 when we came here. Im 31 now...but I've been going back frequently to Hargeisa since 2011 and one of my next trips will be permanent. In the meanwhile, what issues would you have with someone like myself who is educated, industrious and a net contributor to Canada via the taxes I pay? Just because I dont associate myself with the predominant culture (a position promoted by my country...Canada, take it up with Ottawa not me) and given the fortunate ability to celebrate my Somali-ness as a part of the Canadian mosaic does not mean you can address me in such manner. I have only that to thank (that Canada did not criminalize or legislate my culture...). Otherwise, I could be a rootless, tribeless "White" like you or a "coloured/visible minority" with racial and cultural dilemmas like EVERY racial/ethnic minority in the West.

Was just saying you sounded like a bit of a hypocrite for awhile talking about the paradise that Hargeisa is while staying far away from there, but now I know you plan to go there so I see you are not a hypocrite. I am not mad at you for living in Canada, just thought it was hypocritical like if a North Korean person who lives in U.S.A. talking about how great North Korea is. I know you do actually want to go there now so I take it back.

LOL @ rootless/tribeless comment, though. Of course I have roots and of course I belong to a tribe. Everyone does. It's really dumb when people talk about how countries like Canada/USA/Australia etc. are cultureless. I mean lol. USA is probably one of the most cultured countries in the world.

Gooding
07-04-2015, 07:43 PM
Was just saying you sounded like a bit of a hypocrite for awhile talking about the paradise that Hargeisa is while staying far away from there, but now I know you plan to go there so I see you are not a hypocrite. I am not mad at you for living in Canada, just thought it was hypocritical like if a North Korean person who lives in U.S.A. talking about how great North Korea is. I know you do actually want to go there now so I take it back.

LOL @ rootless/tribeless comment, though. Of course I have roots and of course I belong to a tribe. Everyone does. It's really dumb when people talk about how countries like Canada/USA/Australia etc. are cultureless. I mean lol. USA is probably one of the most cultured countries in the world.

True. America also includes a very diverse collection of locally developed cultures, as well. I'm thinking of the Scotch- Irish culture you'll find in Appalachia, the Pennsylvania Dutch culture, the Cajun culture of Louisiana, the African derived Gullah culture of South Carolina's sea islands, the Tejano culture of Texas, the Scandinavian cultures of the Upper Midwest, the Navajo culture of the Southwest and the Sioux culture of the Great Plains.

Dandelion
07-04-2015, 08:00 PM

Well, you don't belong to a clan or tribe, but to a nationality/ethnicity. It's a larger scale. I do agree you're not rootless.
One day Somalian anti-tribalists will rule anyway and they'll understand they haven't lost their identity by going that inevitable path.

Gooding
07-04-2015, 08:04 PM
You belong to Clan Ryan, don't you, Grunmann?

07-04-2015, 08:07 PM

Yes. This is my clan.

Gooding
07-04-2015, 08:12 PM
Yes. This is my clan.

In that case, then, you're hardly rootless..http://www.ryans.org/ , http://vicryan.com/JMR_Web_Root/genes/ryanfam.htm

Evidently, paternally, you're as much a Gael as ever I be a Saxon.

07-04-2015, 08:14 PM
In that case, then, you're hardly rootless..http://www.ryans.org/

The Ryan family motto is
'Malo More Quam Foedari',
which, when translated, means
'I would Rather Die than be Disgraced'.

Heart of Oak
07-04-2015, 08:16 PM
It's indeed noteworthy who thanked the post. Those who believe in multiculturalism should realise humans always have some degree of hostility toward cultures alien to them, even if they live in such countries because the countries of their ethnicity are lagging far behind.

I can't imagine myself adopting such mentality in a non-Western country though.

Anyway, it's a 'joking text'. However truthful sentiment is often known to be disguised as jokes. :p

Many a true word said in jest.
I don't take anything that wadsup says seriously, he's confused...

Gooding
07-04-2015, 08:18 PM
The Ryan family motto is
'Malo More Quam Foedari',
which, when translated, means
'I would Rather Die than be Disgraced'.

Then, the Ryan sense of honor is such that it is written in your motto. I salute you and your clan.

Heart of Oak
07-04-2015, 08:23 PM

Educated; in what? You don't even know this difference between E=MC'2 and E=MC cubed...

Heart of Oak
07-04-2015, 08:24 PM
Clan Wilson here...

Heart of Oak
07-04-2015, 08:27 PM
True. America also includes a very diverse collection of locally developed cultures, as well. I'm thinking of the Scotch- Irish culture you'll find in Appalachia, the Pennsylvania Dutch culture, the Cajun culture of Louisiana, the African derived Gullah culture of South Carolina's sea islands, the Tejano culture of Texas, the Scandinavian cultures of the Upper Midwest, the Navajo culture of the Southwest and the Sioux culture of the Great Plains.
But Twinkie's an KFC...

XenophobicPrussian
Why New Zealand?

Isn't 40% of the population Maori?

If it's this bad that it's making you want to leave, why not get ad blocker?

Gooding
07-04-2015, 08:31 PM
Clan Wilson here...

So your clan would be Scottish, then? :)http://www.rampantscotland.com/clans/blclanwilson.htm

07-04-2015, 08:33 PM
But Twinkie's an KFC...

I see you like to kid the yanks a lot about our country

I am very proud to be a yankee

We've got more balls than the British island monkeys, we left that theocratic, rainy place for new lands, and we had to arm wrestle with grizzly bears and shit, the pioneers anyway, the British just stayed in GB.

Same goes to our other brothers, the Aussies, except they were brought there as prisoners, while many were brought here as prisoners as well, most of us descend from people who left by choice, serious bravery we are talking about there, especially back then, to leave all that behind, into a new world, and many died trying to get here.

Yeah our balls are bigger. But we are good friends now. We saved your limey ass in WW2 and that's a fact. IDK why Brits always trying to deny this. I mean, it's true. Sure the Russians could have won WW2 by themselves. If that happened, though, you would be a Soviet satellite state. Even the Germans would rather surrender to the allies than the Russkies. Learn from them. Be happy that we liberated you rather than the Russians.

XenophobicPrussian
07-04-2015, 08:34 PM

We've got more balls than the British island monkeys, we left that theocratic dump for new lands, and we had to arm wrestle with grizzly bears and shit, the pioneers anyway, the British just stayed in GB.

Same goes to our other brothers, the Aussies, except they were brought there as prisoners, while many were brought here as prisoners as well, most of us descend from people who left by choice, serious bravery we are talking about there, especially back then, to leave all that behind, into a new world, and many died trying to get here.

Yeah our balls are bigger. But we are good friends now. We saved your limey ass in WW2 and that's a fact. IDK why Brits always trying to deny this. I mean, it's true. Sure the Russians could have won WW2 by themselves. If that happened, though, you would be a Soviet satellite state. Even the Germans would rather surrender to the allies than the Russkies. Learn from them. Be happy that we liberated you rather than the Russians.
Lol, the Russians could not win WW2 by themselves, FAR from it.

Gooding
07-04-2015, 08:34 PM
To say that a person of Celtic descent doesn't have a clan just makes me :lol:.

Heart of Oak
07-04-2015, 08:35 PM
I am a Tailisen of the golden brow, I am off to tell my story's an spin my magic weaving my spell's long grey cloak an a tinkling bell, just keep walking with a piece of you all in my mind and my mind in my soul tucked away in my heart...
Even wadsup the confuse acid casualty...

07-04-2015, 08:37 PM

Well that even helps my argument more....

Heart of Oak
07-04-2015, 08:39 PM
This has been Visceral, T'S' Formidable for those that have a mind...
It's been fun being a "Weird Troll"...

good night.

Heart of Oak
07-04-2015, 08:49 PM
I have many American friends as a Royal Marine Medical Officer (Retired) I served 6 tours of Afghan, later in life
... So SNAFU Grunts...

07-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Anyways most Americans just love the British

many here are even crazy about the royal family (not me).

Americans are proud of our Anglo-Saxon heritage. We like to kid the British just as they like to kid us but when the time comes again for the Anglo-Saxons of the world to unite, the yanks will be there. We still consider you our brothers.

Gooding
07-04-2015, 09:01 PM
Anyways most Americans just love the British

many here are even crazy about the royal family (not me).

Americans are proud of our Anglo-Saxon heritage. We like to kid the British just as they like to kid us but when the time comes again for the Anglo-Saxons of the world to unite, the yanks will be there. We still consider you our brothers.

Yes, we do.

Heart of Oak
07-04-2015, 09:02 PM

We've got more balls than the British island monkeys, we left that theocratic, rainy place for new lands, and we had to arm wrestle with grizzly bears and shit, the pioneers anyway, the British just stayed in GB.

Ever heard of the LRDG...BIG HEARTS OF OAK. Mayflower Speedwell I don't not like Americans, you call me us Limey lot's of what I call Banter I hate being called late for Dinner...
Plz don't take it to heart remember Xmas 1776 Cornwallis had returned early for the Hol's leaving G.Washington to the Hun, (German Hessian) if he had haven't done that well...on that day if Gen. Cornwallis had not left for England early then he would have put down the Rebellion. See how history works, I'm sure you do...
Also WW2 yea the cash helped, you were a few years late, even after we had warned you of Peal to the month. As you said earlier we like to insult each other in fun, but isn't that what mate's do?.

07-04-2015, 09:12 PM
Ever heard of the LRDG...BIG HEARTS OF OAK. Mayflower Speedwell I don't not like Americans, you call me us Limey lot's of what I call Banter I hate being called late for Dinner...
Plz don't take it to heart remember Xmas 1774 Cornwallis had returned early for the Hol's leaving Washington to the Kruts if he had haven't done that well...

English? Do you speak it?

You're either drunk or this is actually how British people talk. If that's the case I apologize for asking if you speak English, because this would be English in it's truest form, I suppose.

I think I understand what you are trying to say, though.

Heart of Oak
07-04-2015, 09:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn69LJ0239E

I saw this guy at Glastonbury last week-end I like it so much Hawkwind are out of my DVD Player...

Heart of Oak
07-04-2015, 09:30 PM
Why New Zealand?

Isn't 40% of the population Maori?
The beaches so I can get sand in my biotic leg lol.

XenophobicPrussian
07-04-2015, 09:34 PM
The beaches so I can get sand in my biotic leg lol.
Isn't New Zealand so south it isn't really tropical? Why not Australia if you want that type of weather?

Also, you're a snow traitor. :p

Heart of Oak
07-04-2015, 09:36 PM
English? Do you speak it?

You're either drunk or this is actually how British people talk. If that's the case I apologize for asking if you speak English, because this would be English in it's truest form, I suppose.

I think I understand what you are trying to say, though.
I do talk with an East Anglian accent, which is getting stronger the older I Get, I also believe in the Faye which adds a kinda colour sence of humour...

Heart of Oak
07-04-2015, 09:40 PM
If it's this bad that it's making you want to leave, why not get ad blocker?

Add blocker Add blocker it's not just the adds there are many reasons, now I drift into obscurity...

07-04-2015, 09:41 PM
Add blocker Add blocker it's not just the adds there are many reasons, now I drift into obscurity...

I can tell there are more reasons, but you did mention the ads. I am just trying to help, friend.

Longbowman
07-04-2015, 10:00 PM

You didn't liberate us at all. We were never invaded.

Also, we fought 1939-1945, you fought from '42, the soviets from '41, and we did fine on four continents versus Germany, Italy, Japan, Hungary, etc etc, even the USSR until they broke the pact. Most troops at D-Day were British and Commonwealth, Americans didn't form a majority on the Western Front until winter '44.

Americans are so arrogant.

07-04-2015, 11:47 PM
You didn't liberate us at all. We were never invaded.

Also, we fought 1939-1945, you fought from '42, the soviets from '41, and we did fine on four continents versus Germany, Italy, Japan, Hungary, etc etc, even the USSR until they broke the pact. Most troops at D-Day were British and Commonwealth, Americans didn't form a majority on the Western Front until winter '44.

There's no way you could have won the war without the Soviet Union or the U.S. being involved. No way.

Longbowman
07-04-2015, 11:50 PM
There's no way you could have won the war without the Soviet Union or the U.S. being involved. No way.

No way you could have won without the UK or USSR.

Anyhow, as said, we fought 2 years by ourselves and did fine.

07-04-2015, 11:53 PM
No way you could have won without the UK or USSR.

Anyhow, as said, we fought 2 years by ourselves and did fine.

We weren't the ones that needed someones help.

You would not have lasted much longer if the Soviets or the yanks never got involved. The Germans could use all the troops that they had on the eastern front against you, you would not have stood a chance. Wasn't the U.K. actually losing ground by the time we came in?

Longbowman
07-04-2015, 11:59 PM
We weren't the ones that needed someones help.

We didn't ask you for help.

You would not have lasted much longer if the Soviets or the yanks never got involved. The Germans could use all the troops that they had on the eastern front against you, you would not have stood a chance.

They did, until 1941. The USSR was an ally of the Nazis. We were still fine.

Wasn't the U.K. actually losing ground by the time we came in?

No. Small (but important!) territories in Asia and the Channel Islands was the extent of it. They pushed into Egypt briefly but we pushed them right back out. They couldn't even take Malta.

07-05-2015, 12:02 AM
We didn't ask you for help.

They did, until 1941. The USSR was an ally of the Nazis. We were still fine.

No. Small (but important!) territories in Asia and the Channel Islands was the extent of it. They pushed into Egypt briefly but we pushed them right back out. They couldn't even take Malta.

1. You begged for it. I know this is true because I saw on a documentary (made in Britain!) that talked about how Churchill really wanted the U.S. to intervene.
2. So you honestly think the U.K. really could have won WW2 by itself (and it's bitches)?

Longbowman
07-05-2015, 12:05 AM
1. You begged for it. I know this is true because I saw on a documentary (made in Britain!) that talked about how Churchill really wanted the U.S. to intervene.

No they didn't. Now, I'm not saying we weren't pleased by US aid - we were pleased by Soviet aid, you can never have too many friends - but the reason the US joined the war was Roosevelt's personal ideology.

2. So you honestly think the U.K. really could have won WW2 by itself (and it's bitches)?

Win? Perhaps not. Hold its own? Yes, as proven by it holding its own. The attempts to invade Britain at a time when the USSR and USA were dicking around doing nothing/helping the Germans all failed.

Gooding
07-05-2015, 03:38 AM
Interesting. I didn't think the USA gave a brass- assed monkey's tit about Britain when they declared war on Japan after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. I know they entered the European Theatre when Germany and Italy declared war on the US ( a rather stupid move on Hitler's part, seeing's how they were already overextended on the Russian Front). I don't say that American involvement was the salvation of Europe, as it was essentially a European affair from the very beginning ( most of the American isolationists understood this.. they wanted to wait out the war without getting their hands bloodied) and Patton, MacArthur and the rest of that mob were fairly late coming in. I do say that once America did get involved, they were ready to use their considerable arsenal to remind the enemy who, in fact, was running the show. European exiles who found a home in the United States made the nuclear bomb a reality and one it was dropped ( on Japan, the country that goaded us in the first place), that little game was over. Soviet artillery was the end of Hitler, strictly speaking, but we did have a hand in liberating the Pacific, as well as the much celebrated invasion of Normandy.

Gooding
07-05-2015, 03:41 AM
Perhaps we are. At any rate, we're awfully quick to sell ourselves as the International Messiah and see the damage that has caused in our own hemisphere.

Heart of Oak
07-05-2015, 12:40 PM
Isn't New Zealand so south it isn't really tropical? Why not Australia if you want that type of weather?

Also, you're a snow traitor. :p
I have Family there if you are interested...
Also due to my injuries I like the Idea of large unpopulated areas...

Heart of Oak
07-05-2015, 12:44 PM
Sorry when I said colour I ment colour's of the rainbow not colour as in persons of...

Heart of Oak
07-05-2015, 01:12 PM
So your clan would be Scottish, then? :)http://www.rampantscotland.com/clans/blclanwilson.htm

Yes Highland are tartan is one of a trade...

Heart of Oak
07-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Oh if you saw it on TV it must be true, I read the news of the world today it told me that there was a sex party (orgy) at Glastonbury this year, must be true hey? I believe all the media has to say too....

Heart of Oak
07-05-2015, 06:58 PM
American aid was needed to help with are ww2 effort true, but it was Briton's wisdom that won the war.

Heart of Oak
07-05-2015, 08:51 PM
P51 best US Fighter of WW2, English design, English Rolls Royce Merlin Engine, all USA Elite troops stem from English LRDG, to be fair so do all other Elite troops...
I can't be assed to go on, My Father "Cindit" in Burma, fighting to keep US promises, however we are allies and make a good team and to say we have no balls is very immature, as I said Enough is enough...
GOOD BY ALL.
Lt.N.Wilson RMs (Retired) DSO MC...

07-05-2015, 08:55 PM
P51 best US Fighter of WW2, English design, English Rolls Royce Merlin Engine, all USA Elite troops stem from English LRDG, to be fair so do all other Elite troops...
I can't be assed to go on, My Father "Cindit" in Burma, fighting to keep US promises, however we are allies and make a good team and to say we have no balls is very immature, as I said Enough is enough...
GOOD BY ALL.
Lt.N.Wilson RMs (Retired) DSO MC...

Was only kidding around :)

Good bye anyways, have a good life.